It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Celebrities That Are Now Alive

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by tankthinker

I remember watching the kids movie Doogal at home. Then I saw trailers for it months later.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Dom DeLuise. Dead. Alive. Dead again.

Jack Palance. Dead months after the push up thing on the Oscars™. Alive again and still doing movies.

There are others I'll post later...

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProRipp
You probably saw a 'hooky' copy on dvd and half forgot about it ! That has happenend to me in the past especially when they have altered the title say for overseas country's release !

that could be true, although, ahh now i remember where i watched it months earlier,

i saw it on my satellite, so thats even worse because the only movies on my satellite are the ones out of theatres already, its also impossible to be a hooky copy if that was the case

besides who makes hooky copies months in advance from screening

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by tankthinker

You should try to remember the celebrities in the film. Perhaps George Wendt or Morgan Freeman appeared in it or were involved with its production and distribution.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by without_prejudice

Originally posted by seethelight

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
This happens all the time. It's due to the fact that reporters no longer engage in any fact-checking and report rumors and hearsay as actual news. Perhaps a commoner with the same name as a celebrity cashes in his chips and there's an obituary printed, some moron reporter thinks it's the famous "Billy Graham" rather than the retired truck driver from Selma "Billy Graham" and doesn't do one second of research to back up their false assumption.

Sometimes it's also a hoax, I suppose. Doesn't matter the source, reporters believe anything as fact since they are pawns these days anyway.

This! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Threads like this make me doubt, almost entirely, that there's ANY THRUTH in ANY CONSPIRACY.

signature
In logic and rhetoric, a fallacy is a misconception resulting from incorrect reasoning in argumentation. By accident or design, fallacies may exploit emotional triggers in the listener or interlocutor (e.g. appeal to emotion), or take advantage of social relationships between people (e.g. argument from authority).
en.wikipedia.org...

Then I would have to say that your reasoning contains a major fallacy. Because you think this thread is bull, then there is no truth to any conspiracy? I am reminded of those pious souls who insist that the entire Bible must be true, because if just one part is found to be in error then the whole book must be false.

And really, has anyone put forth a serious statement that these glitches in our personal record of reality are the result of some conspiracy? Maybe in your timeline they did, but in mine, they did not.

You stated your opinion of this thread several times, yet people continue to post, unhindered by your authoritative convictions. Must be very hard on you.

I have heard of several celebrities dying over the years and am quite shocked to discover through this thread that they are indeed alive, at least at Wikipedia. My list includes Bobcat Goldthwaite, Abe Vigoda, Tony Curtis, Ernest Borgnine, Gary Coleman, and Mickey Roonie. All of these could be simply mistakes in journalism, perhaps even with a retraction that we somehow missed. As someone stated, these actors are all past their sell date, so maybe when the report was found to be in error they never bothered to retract it. Now if Walter Cronkite or Michael Jackson or Timothy Leary or John Lennon or Martin Luther King, Jr., or even Richard Nixon was shown to be still alive I would have to reconsider that explanation as less plausible.

I am intrigued by some of the other types of "time slip" mentioned here, as I have experienced a few of them. Especially familiar was the story about the woman who knew where she placed the prescription, found that it wasn't there, even had another person confirm that it wasn't there, and then found it a few days later exactly where it should be. I have often told my friends that this is evidence of multidimensional bleed-through and been more serious than not. But it is also possible that sometimes the brain just edits out certain details around us, even common everyday items like slips of paper, car keys, bottles of nail polish remover (this one happened to my wife and me), etc. It's a disturbing thought that we could be so fallible as to not recognize the very thing we are desperately searching for right where we expect to find it, but it is possible. Even if some other person also can't see it, or remembers it the same as me.

I even remember remembering in my college days that a certain shop was on the west side of the street, only to find out when I went back to it that it was now on the east side. All of the other shops on that street were just as I remembered them, though. When I told my friends about it back then, I got a lot of weird looks.

Anyway, interesting topic! S&F!

You're unverified here-say is hardly proof.

For example, many of the so called deaths are hoaxes which are then withdrawn by crap pseudo-news outlets like Fox.

You somehow hear the original story then miss the retraction.

Typical.

There is NOTHING to any of this.

Well, there is one thing:

You guys are CHOOSING to believe NONSENSE instead of perfectly reasonable and simple truth.

And, as this place is a crazy echo-chamber, you're simply re-enforcing each others delusions.

Text book ridiculous behaviour.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael

Jack Palance. Dead months after the push up thing on the Oscars™. Alive again and still doing movies.

So none of them are actually dead.

And ALL of them were probably hoaxes.

People LOVE to lie about celebrity deaths and the media will report almost anything... true or not.

Especially FOX.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by shauny
Billy Graeme....just checking its the same person.
I remember it being on Sky news.

he 100000% died.

i wil swear my LIFE on it.

Michael Jackson is dead, right ?
[edit on 4/1/2010 by shauny]

You might've heard an erroneous news report, but that's not the same as him dying.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
It seems like every thread I have read, including this one, is always interrupted by someone invoking FOX News as solid proof of someone's inability to perceive reality.

Now that is crazy. Somehow FOX News is making people think that dead celebrities are coming back to life. FOX even goes so far as to broadcast days of coverage regarding Billy Grahams death. The federal government is helping FOX News by providing Presidents, Vice Presidents, and other dignitaries to participate in the hoax.

People experience events in an odd fashion and suddenly the specter of FOX News is trotted out as if it somehow explains everything. Just stop watching FOX News and the whole darn universe will get back to normal.

That does not explain what is happening. But it sure muddies the water and may prevent a critical bit of hearsay from being brought forward.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by mike_trivisonno]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
It seems like every thread I have read, including this one, is always interrupted by someone invoking FOX News as solid proof of someone's inability to perceive reality.

Now that is crazy. Somehow FOX News is making people think that dead celebrities are coming back to life. FOX even goes so far as to broadcast days of coverage regarding Billy Grahams death. The federal government is helping FOX News by providing Presidents, Vice Presidents, and other dignitaries to participate in the hoax.

People experience events in an odd fashion and suddenly the specter of FOX News is trotted out as if it somehow explains everything. Just stop watching FOX News and the whole darn universe will get back to normal.

That does not explain what is happening. But it sure muddies the water and may prevent a critical bit of hearsay from being brought forward.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by mike_trivisonno]

Believing serial liars is proof that you're gullible; knowing that they're liars and still believing them makes you a bitty nutty.

Show me proof that FOX spent a dayS talking about BG's death.

Even if you could it would only show just how far FOX will go to get ratings...

After all the Xtians that make up FOX's core demo would certainly line up to hear that a hypocrite like BG had died.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by seethelight]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
You guys all realise that BG's wife died a few weeks ago, and that THAT was widely reported on FOX....right?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by seethelight

Then go start a thread with that topic and leave us to our own devices.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

Should I call the waaaahmbulance.

You guys are such sore losers... you all post complete nonsense and when anyone questions it you ask them to leave....the fox news mentality all over again...

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

You do realize that Outfoxed is just a propaganda tool for ACORN who more than Fox have found to be a little less than trustworthy themselves?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I don't care what you do, but you should at least try to stay on topic.

This is a thread to discuss dead celebrities that are now alive. Like how George Wendt for some reason is still alive. Or how people recall Nelson Mandella passing away in prison.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
you know, i have heard, in the past that there are always 7 of you somewhere at the same time, whether in this universe or time, or another universe or time, maybe some of these other "us" wandered into our demension any thoughts?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael

I believe Jack Palance is dead:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Hey there everyone. Before I start I'd just like to say that I'm only 13 and have no idea who most of the celebrities you guys are talking about even are, however, this also means I don't smoke pot or do drugs and I have a clear memory :]
So, I've read every single post up to page 14 (I had to stop because I suffer from migranes and I sensed a headache coming on) and I think I can put some insight into this.
Though I can't recall any specific celebrities or people who have died and then come back to life, I do absolutely know the feeling of being POSITIVE that something has happened, and then have other people tell you that never happened at all.
I think that the media is an easy and logical thing to blame, except for most of these people recall having conversations with people about it and hearing these things from multiple sources, and being sure that Billy Graham or whoever was dead only to find out he is alive and that news story apparently never happened and neither did those conversations. Also, the news people haven't come on and said they made a mistake in their news coverage, something that any major news network would do to keep up appearances at the very least. Also they'd be getting phone calls and complaints if they really messed up in their coverage; but they aren't.
And most people probably didn't mistake someones death for another. Think about when you hear about someones death on the news; they say the person name OVER and OVER again and they show pictures, family members, all of that stuff, therefore it'd be very hard to mistake their death for someone completely different even if they were related or had similar names, especially since they always talk about peoples lives and what they've accomplished etc.
It's also important to remember that memories aren't all black and white. Theres gray area, and lots of it. Sub thoughts and subconscious memories, looking at something and being reminded of another thought, all these little things that you think about that related to someones death, it couldn't be possible for every single thought or conversation relating to the death of a person could be a made-up memory or a hallucination.
This isn't to say that some people aren't lying, But since there are so many people who recall the same or similar events, I find it hard to fathom that EVERY SINGLE PERSON on this topic that posted they've had this happen to them before is lying, especially since theres hardly anything to gain and much to loose (the judgment of your own sanity, credibility, etc.) by making these statements of alternate timelines and whatnot.
All of this being said, and judging from personal experience, I think that alternate universes and timelines and/or aliens are a definite possibility in what is going on here. I've always been an open-minded and slightly gullible person, though, but I really think that we might be on to something here.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Howdy,
Haven't been here in a bit, but this post from the newsletter sucked me in.
I stopped bothering posting here after unsuccessfully trying to convince the masses that the strange bright light hovering in the night sky was actually Venus, so I won't bother much with evidence as it doesn't seem to help.

I will point you to this wikipedia history page (the one that shows all the past edits) and direct your attention to December 16th:

en.wikipedia.org...

Which does show some confusion regarding Oral Roberts death being confused with Billy Grahams. I stopped reading this thread at about page 8, so forgive me if that has already been pointed out.

If you are looking for breaks in the matrix, they will be smaller than these celebrity deaths, most of which you have simply confused with similar people who have died or errant information that was never corrected.

And by the way, if you did find some kind of whole in the space time continuum, like in your back yard or something, what would you do?

eb

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

I haven't posted anything off topic.

I've posted on topic stuff which people don't like, but that's not the same thing..

As far as GE being dead, he's obviously not.

Neither is Mandella.

They never died... you guys just aren't very observant.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Razmear23

Shh... you're being too reasonable..

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join