It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

:: Coming Soon :: Wootton Bassett March

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Just seen this on the news and in the Telegraph
www.telegraph.co.uk... tml

He must have a death wish if he goes ahead with this.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I think it is dreadful the way propaganda has turned everyone against muslims, the way everyone turned on the jews. Do you not see how you have been brainwashed? Who sent those boys and girl out there? Why so angry at other human beings for showing that they care? What are we doing to say STOP THE WAR? (Our side) send another 30,000 out there.
Please don`t be extreme.
Let`s have peace here, at least.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

You kind of miss the point here chap. Wooten Basset and the repatriations have NOTHING to do with whether you support the war or not. It is all about showing some respect to those who have fallen and their families.

This moron wants to politicise Wooten basset and use it as a vehicle to carry their own hate filled, anti-democracy, Sharia loving bollocks and that is the issue people have.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by osc121

Looks like this may get nipped in the bud after all, watching the local news now and checked out the BBC online, they claim (the BBC) the Home Secretary says he would ban radical Islamic group from marching through Wootton Bassett, let’s hope this will be a warning to future extremists in this country, we will be pushed and we will turn the other cheek but we have a line you don’t cross.
I can understand your views being an ex serviceman, I’ve been in civvy street all my life but have many family members in the RAF & the Navy and I’ve lost family members in conflicts, so I would class myself as a patriotic Englishman, while our pent up anger at the problems we have with immigration and extreme terrorists will erupt one day, I hope and pray it’ll be for the right reasons at the right time directed at the right problem, tarring all Muslims with the same brush (as some people do, I’m not talking about you) is the wrong way to solve a problem deep seated in the past and present Governments policies, I hope your right and we do get back to being patriotic, political correctness has gone far too far in this country, time for a change……

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
I think it is dreadful the way propaganda has turned everyone against muslims, the way everyone turned on the jews. Do you not see how you have been brainwashed? Who sent those boys and girl out there? Why so angry at other human beings for showing that they care? What are we doing to say STOP THE WAR? (Our side) send another 30,000 out there.
Please don`t be extreme.
Let`s have peace here, at least.

PROPOGANDA?

TURNED EVERYONE AGAINST MUSLIMS?

look no further than Mr Choudary himself for that one, can you honestly believe he wants to let religions in this country get along nicely together?

Do honestly belive that HE chose this march and location so that we could all hold hands and be nice to one another?

Are you for real

Believe me I am not brainwashed. I have first hand experience of many different facets of Islam and have made up my own mind that I do not want our country to slip further towards religious intolerance. Islam allows no other religions to co-exist with it.

Do you think that planning an anti war march with hundreds of mock coffins in that very place is going to cause an outbreak of peace and understanding?

do you honestly belive he didn't call British troops Nazis on the BBC this morning?
If you think that that was not trying to provke a reaction and controversy, then you need to come back to the real streets of Bradford or Hounslow and find out how over 3 thousand years of culture have changed radically virtually overnight

We are not debating whether the war is needed, legal or necessary. We are not debating who is right or wrong. please re-read the whole thread.

This is about respect. Respect for the dead, respect for the right to live under the very values that allows this kind of venom to be voiced. This is a debate to allow families to grieve

if Mr Choudary wishes to remain in this country, then he should forget about his Jihad, about Sharia law and pay due respect to the values that have been fostered and maintained over the millenia.

Radical Islam is very much "do as I say or else" type of religion

are you going to live in a dictatorship like Saudi Arabia and then hope that they will be tolerent to you and your religion. Try asking the asian underclass in arabia

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestic RNA

I really hope that any march doesn't happen, but I fear that this government will carry on appeasing Islam and not make any U turns against its forced immigration policies

I am not xenophobic or racist. I am not religiously intolerent. but I can't see any way back from this situation that the government have let us walk into.

I AM BRITISH AND PATRIOTIC AND I DO NOT WANT TO LOSE ANY MORE OF THE BRITISHNESS FROM MY COUNTRY!

I fear that due the allowed extremism and quantities of immigrants now on these shores, some sort of confrontation or encounter will be enevitable. and that really does make me very sad.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by osc121
reply to post by Majestic RNA

I fear that due the allowed extremism and quantities of immigrants now on these shores, some sort of confrontation or encounter will be enevitable. and that really does make me very sad.

Well… osc121, I unfortunately think your right, there will be a confrontation in the future, if this thread and subject is anything to go by and the Facebook quotes on the march are taken into account, the anger is very real, I can see a confrontation happening, let’s not mince our words here, I for one am fed up to the back teeth with extremists living in England and spewing their take on religion and the West while living off the handouts from the Government, AND being protected by our police…. It’s nuts…. Can you see that happening in Australia or even most Asian or Muslim nations??.. nahh… not a chance…. It needs to stop, I just hope innocent life doesn't get lost in any conflict caused by bad politics.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The facebook protest group has now topped 300,000 and this link has just been posted by the BBC - It looks like this march will never happen.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Face it this chap Choudary is a nutter end of story.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I suspect Anjem Choudary (like his mentor Omar Bakri) is an agent of MI5, he is used to portray Muslims as a threat in order to continue government policies of war in Muslim countries, as well as inciting divisions in society so people never focus their anger on the true blameworthy culprit, our government, but instaed our focus is on each other.

The new Islam4UK website is just another tool that the MI5 will use to cause further tensions between Muslims and Non-muslims in the UK.

It actually amazes me how no one sees this connection up to this point, even with his ability to walk around the streets without being attacked, his seemingly infinite amount of money to fund his subversive campaigns and roadshows, as well as the elephant in the room, the fact that no action is being taken against him.

hotterthanapileofcurry.wordpress.com...

Just found this, i really don't know how biased or steeped in fact it is...

and also this:

www.historycommons.org...

Basically word on the grape vine is Choudery is possibly MI5 and also protected.

He is the 'tool' to tighten the bolts of racial tensions...

[edit on 4-1-2010 by mr-lizard]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Nice info

and not too unbelievable, but I think if it was to be an MI5 plant in Islam4UK it would more likely be one of his advisors.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

"In 2006, on the eve of the first anniversary of the 7/7 London bombings, Choudary said Muslims in Britain were "oppressed" and had the right to defend themselves "by whatever means"."

He does seem to have someone or something watching over him and I don't think that the government are clever enough to keep an individual like this under control, he's way too volatile. so as a law of unintended consequences, he is proving valuable to the cause of war.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I think you are right Mr-Lizard... Whitehall are well versed in using the old divide and conquor routine. They did it all of the time in Northern Ireland using a military group called FRU to go kill an innocent catholic, then blame it on the UVF/UDA, then go and kill an innocent protestant blaming it on the PIRA, which always lead to tit for tat killings that had the effect of taking some of the heat from the sercurity forces.... The goverment is in trouble so who do they use to take the heat off them??? The MSM of course who create a bogey man to draw our attention from whats REALLY happening....
I dont think that lamb chowder is dumb enough to actually go ahead with something as insane as this... If he did, I know many people who would put a stop to it to in a fashion that would esculate.... I know as well as most people in this country that a confrontation in the future is inevitable, however I hope we dont fall into these manipulated traps of TPTB and the people wake up before its too late...

[edit on 043131p://f40Monday by Selahobed]

[edit on 043131p://f42Monday by Selahobed]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Selahobed

I dont think that lamb chowder is dumb enough to actually go ahead with something as insane as this...

I think this characters strings are being pulled way way higher than dumb ass Gordon Brown

If MI5/6 haven't got a plant somewhere close then they are not doing their jobs correctly. I think he is being manouevred by someone higher up in the organisation he supposedly represents and I don't just mean Osama Bin Lid

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

The home secretary has said he will back any request from police or local government to ban an Islamic group marching through Wootton Bassett.

I'm sick of the Islam4UK group. Firstly, they don't represent the majority of muslims, they are a minority. Other muslim groups are normal people whose leaders feel the same way about extremists as we do, even if they don't all do enough to prevent it. Secondly, this Islam4UK bunch of extremists have used their freedom of speech to rally for sharia laws, which is using freedom to demand oppression be part of UK law. Absolute hypocrites who should be deported immediately!

All they want to do is spread hatred and fear in their latest stupid stunt. It's not their opinion that is necessarily the problem, it's the way they express it. Freedom of speech gives you the right to have any opinion, but that doesn't mean you can express it inappropriately.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

but again therein lies a huge dilemna between muslims and other religions

muslims are not allowed to criticise another muslim, especially on topics such as jihad or kaffurs, and any fraternisation with other religions is frowned upon. therefore there can never be a minority muslim, they must tow the line, especially if the direction is being steered by a mosque or holy man

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Mr Johnson, his predecessor and the whole of the new labour era are complicit in failed social engineering through their failed immigration policies.

How Jack Straw can make comments about face veils and there difficulties is beyond belief when it was his policies all along thet were creating the issues he then complained about

news.bbc.co.uk...

The creation of Islam4UK, its support and sustenance, and the governments appeasement of anyone that wants to settle here is a completely misguided ideology that multiculturalism actually works

we've been at war on and off with Islam for 1400 years and with most of Europe for over a thousand years, what makes these people think that we can all live together in harmony over a short space of 15 years. Is it just because their sixties education is rooted in hippy ideology?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by osc121

Islam and it's insistance of total obediance to The Koran and the teachings of Mohammed are totally at odds with the Western philophosy of alleged freedom of will, choice, thought and speech and as such will ALWAYS be at odds.

Until we recognise this and adjust our approach to our dealings with it accordingly there will always be conflict.

Whether this is how we would like things to be is irrelevant; this is the cold, harsh reality of the situation and we have to face up to it if we are going to reach any sort of peaceful co-existence.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I may have overlooked it, im tired...

But when is the date of this march and ceremony??

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

It seems no application has been made yet and it is suspected that this has just been a publicity stunt by Choudray all along.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
www.facebook.com...

Look at the comments on this facebook page.

Scary times indeed...

currently 5,300 angry members...

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
and also a quote from the EDL

As a token, an olive branch if you like. We offer to pay all your expenses should you choose to relocate to a country (such as Saudi Arabia) that practices Sharia law. Britain isn't for you, you dont like it here, our western culture disgusts you. A move to Saudi would also raise your standing in the Muslim world, currently there are millions of muslims in Britain who are repulsed by you. There are many people in Britain who believe you denounce Britain and all things British yet are happy to live under its democratic social security comfort blanket, you appear to be a hypocrite to many. By moving to Saudi Arabia you will be proving just how genuine you are about Sharia law.

www.englishdefenceleague.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join