It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If slavery was legalized [again], would you buy a slave?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
I responded that I would be happy to send them bullets to shoot those slave traders but would not send them one dime to "buy" the slaves as that just continues to propagate the supply/demand market and many of the "freed" slaves just get stolen again. Especially if several "bidders" choose a particular one to "free".

I agree with you on those grounds. Propping up the market is a bad idea. I'd rather fight it tooth and nail than support it by being a demand element in that market. The committment has to be hardcore. To have given that answer then I would not have really answered the question as posed.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Slaves shouldn't have slaves, so no, I wouldn't be purchasing a slave. The day I get my freedom I might look into it though

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Thanks OL, its good to see you denying ignorance with a vengence
. Eventhough you get negative reply's, you still seek the truth and that my friend is the best quality anyone on ATS can have.

Explanation: Yep! The truth can be hot to handle and posting on ATS requires an thick asbestos hide at the best of times!

Personal Disclosure: Seems I stirred up some unpalatable emotions for some members.
At least they can see them now and maybe get a handle on them!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Nope,

No slavery for me. It's against free will. Evil will always try to stop free will.

Evil is as simple as someone always saying "that can't be done". Why would you bother doing that". Or as complex as owning another person. You know who you are out there. Yes you, your rotten no good and your evil!

just my 2 cents

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

Explanation: Coolio So you'd buy me as a slave! That answers the "would you buy a slave?" bit! Care to offer a price you'd be willing to pay for me?

Personal Disclosure: Flattering me [RE:"pretty"] on ATS IMO does nothing for your own reputation!
Who here is really being "useless"?!

So it sounds like you took it as an insult?

Was a statement with a hidden meaning.

Of course I would not buy a slave. There should never be a price because it should be (and is) illegal. Of course there is the black market and other countries outside of the U.S, but hopefully life time sentences follows anyone caught included or excluded from our borders.

I do not fully understand your original post where you say you would never buy/sell slave, but you would sell them if you did not have to procure them? Excuse my ignorance, but are you contradicting yourself or am I just missing the point.

And trust me, I do not care much about my reputation. What I say and am is what will make my reputation, so you should follow your own lead instead of calling me useless as I did to you.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
First off why buy slaves when you can simply breed some?

Second off slavery happens to be perfectly legal, it's just illegal for slaves to own slaves.

Finally as you look around any airport as the chatell lines up to be poked, prodded, degraded, inspected and humiliated it might occur to an intelligent and observant person that in fact most people are comfortable with being slaves and enjoy their status as slaves.

Would I buy a slave versus breeding them? If there was one available of exceptional talent or exceptional genes for breeding stock then yes, if the price was fair I would.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Are you actually comparing an airport security checkpoint to loss of freedoms and slavery?

I got a suggestion. Do not use their service.

They need to be doing a BETTER job at checking because they seem to be missing the occasional suicide bomber...but who knows how many of these guys are caught and never talked about; thanks to the frisk and inspections?

You might want to catch a boat to a remote island if you feel like a slave. Freedom is calling you over there, away from us.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Yes I actually am and no I do not use that service as a free man I have to much self respect and dignity to surrender it simply for some added speed in getting commercially from point a to point b.

Only slaves who live in fear in fact would submit to such a process without question and accept such treatment that is devoid of any respect and genteel protocol.

The vast majority of human beings are free range economic slaves. You are allowed to wander and roam within certain parameters and borders in the pursuit of being productive for your Masters and sustaining yourself. You will surrender over half of everything you make to your Masters in the form of taxes who will spend it on what they wish to for their own convenience, power and glory and posterity. You will take half of the pittance you have left and give that to another Master for a place to bed down at night and keep the few worldly possessions you are permitted. You will pay your Masters an additional tax for the privilege of being allowed to have those things. That last little bit you have made as a slave you may use for feeding and entertaining yourself as your Master does not wish to be troubled with your upkeep just the profit off of your existence.

You will have to seek your owner’s permission when leaving your owners estate and be granted a passport and a visa to do so providing the owner of the estate you wish to visit does not object to you personally being on his property and interacting with his chattel.

This entire system is right in front of your eyes and face as well as a carefully crafted illusion for you to deny it and embrace your slavery and justify and quantify serving your Masters and surrendering most of the rewards of your productive output to them.

That is just life, if you object to being a slave then get yourself free, if you object to the free reminding you of your slavery then get yourself free, the free are not interested in being slaves and will make no excuses or justifications for it.

Attempting to belittle or demean the free to get them to join you in slavery is futile.

The free are free for a reason; the slaves are not free for a reason.

I hold these truths to be self evident. I am a free man, I am my own Master and my mind is not infected with the infantile arguments or notions of the enslaved, nor shall it ever be.

Thanks.

[edit on 1/1/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Coincidence?

On Jan. 1, 1863, President Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation, declaring that slaves in rebel states were free.

Source: AP
Wikipedia: Emancipation Proclamation

The Emancipation Proclamation consists of two executive orders issued by United States President Abraham Lincoln during the American Civil War. The first one, issued September 22, 1862, declared the freedom of all slaves in any state of the Confederate States of America that did not return to Union control by January 1, 1863. The second order, issued January 1, 1863, named ten specific states where it would apply. Lincoln issued the Executive Order by his authority as "Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy" under Article II, section 2 of the United States Constitution.[1]

It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master... Ayn Rand

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Not a chance never ever, would i own a slave, i would buy them for one reason. in fact i would start a group to free them as soon as possible, if that meant raising funds to buy them to set the free then i would do that, in fact i would even go to war to help free them. I believe all men and women are equal, no one has the right to buy nor keep slaves under any circumstances. in spite of what it says in the bible. All i have to say.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Explanation: RE: "So it sounds like you took it as an insult?"

Focusing 1st on me instead of answering the other questions 1st is insulting! It was a direct Ad Hominen!

RE: "Was a statement with a hidden meaning."

Way to EPICALLY FAIL on denying ignorance by being ambiguously obscure! :shk:

RE: "Of course I would not buy a slave. There should never be a price because it should be (and is) illegal. Of course there is the black market and other countries outside of the U.S, but hopefully life time sentences follows anyone caught included or excluded from our borders."

Way to ignore the original premise of this threads OP! The threads title explicitly states that the issue as IF slavery was LEGAL!

Also you are clearly NOW changing your tune as you clearly made a case for buying me explicitly RE: "Only if I would be able to buy you."

MAKE UP YOUR FREAKING MIND!

RE: "I do not fully understand your original post where you say you would never buy/sell slave, but you would sell them if you did not have to procure them? Excuse my ignorance, but are you contradicting yourself or am I just missing the point."

Way to go distorting exactly what I had disclosed in this threads OP! I never stated that I wouldn't sell a slave AT ALL!

FYI this is exactly what I posted VERBATUM! "Personal Disclosure: I'd never buy any slave for any price! The whole idea disgusts me but I would and could sell slaves as long as I didn't have to procure them for sale!"

This means that I myself would never BUY a slave for any price BUT that if I was a slave or a saleperson myself and my master/employer told me to go sell such and such a slave etc then I would have no qualms about that. It in no way implies that I would be rounding these slaves up in the first place and directly denying their freedom SO YES you appear to have missed the point. I totally conceed that by being willing to sell slaves, that makes me an unpalatable character worthy of contempt! So WHAT?

I'm protected under the T&C's remember!? This thread is NOT about me AT ALL OK!

Personal Disclosure:
I did NOT call you "useless". I simply asked a question! That you imply that I did, when I didn't, shows exactly how you see yourself!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Do boyfriends count? I treat him like a slave. If he makes me happy he gets treats. It is sort of a mutual agreement. Why not? I know a lot of women who are slaves to their husbands and children who are slaves to their parents.

Being a slave is when you give and get nothing back. Owning a slave is when you take and give nothing back.

All that goes around comes around so one day all the slaves will be masters and all the masters will be slaves. As it should be.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
yep I would.

Some nice gorgeous women... just to lighten up the mood!

If it had to be just one slave... a woman again. Gorgeous of course...

I always envied those bastards in rome being able to buy what they liked...

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

Do boyfriends count? I treat him like a slave. If he makes me happy he gets treats. It is sort of a mutual agreement. Why not? I know a lot of women who are slaves to their husbands and children who are slaves to their parents.

Being a slave is when you give and get nothing back. Owning a slave is when you take and give nothing back.

All that goes around comes around so one day all the slaves will be masters and all the masters will be slaves. As it should be.

Explanation: Yep boyfriends count, as what would prevent them from being or becoming a slave or a slave being or becoming a boyfriend?

As for being a master who gives nothing back, well that is totally overlooking the historical economic facts of the matter of slavery! Slaves were both important and highly valued both contemporarily and in ancient times as well. Some slave based economies had harsh penalties for mistreatment of slaves by their masters! Slavery, as how you put the case forward, I would suggest is a the most extreme version of slavery and that such an extreme case would not merit long term returns for ones financial investment in such a useful commodity! Would you agree?

Personal Disclosure: So would you buy yourself a slave as a boyfriend and if yes what would you be willing pay for him?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

If it was legal, I said it should be illegal. What is wrong with that?

My first post was me playing devils advocate. AKA - me saying not what I truly meant just to see how you would respond.

I would never buy a slave. I would fight the movement if anything. Depends on how much I am affected and how much of it I have to witness.

Clearly you misinterpreted my points and I misinterpreted yours because we are getting a different meaning from each other than what we each intended.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
my family comes from a third world country where slavery is still seen as the norm. Yes my relatives still has a little girl who cooks, cleans and washes clothes day in and out. But in return they offer her food, clothing, tuition fees, safety and shelter.. much more than her family can offer. My grandma treats her like a daughter.. I'm not saying slavery is a good thing... But what can you do when there is nothing else available for you to survive on.. One of the slaves we had in the past actually became a model and left that position thanking our family for the opportunity she would of never have gotten in her life if she was still living at home.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
No, only rich and lazy people would want a slave.

Whats with all those useless threads.

BAH!

I want a slave, and Im only lazy.

Throw me some money and I'll think about it.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

WHY CAN YOU NOT SPEAK PROPERLY!

GOD....

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist

If it was legal, I said it should be illegal. What is wrong with that?

My first post was me playing devils advocate. AKA - me saying not what I truly meant just to see how you would respond.

I would never buy a slave. I would fight the movement if anything. Depends on how much I am affected and how much of it I have to witness.

Clearly you misinterpreted my points and I misinterpreted yours because we are getting a different meaning from each other than what we each intended.

Explanation: Nothing is wrong with your advocacy of making and keeping slavery illegal! What is wrong is injecting that moral and or legal debate into a thread that has nothing to do with the morality or legality of slavery AT ALL! Its Off Topic! That is all, its as simple as that OK!

Personal Disclosure: I'm sorry if I have mistaken your position on this issue and I am quite willing to start over!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The ideas proposed for discussion in the OP are a psychic cancer meant to disrupt and twist the moral order of one's mind.

In other words, this is a dangerous thread and these ideas need to be summarily rejected as part of an affirmation of the unity of humanity and of the unlimited freedom that belongs to each and every human being ... no matter where they may be in the Cosmos.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join