It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010 On to the Next One... WTH

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I just watched the New Years Celebration from Times Square on TV with my children and I have to say, it was really odd to say the least...

For starters, they kept talking about the economy, which really is far from festive...

The next thing, every single person they interviewed practically was Military, you'd think we were in the middle of WW2 and The great Depression all in one...

One of the only non military persons they interviewed ...the woman interviewer said she lived right next door to Transylvania... which doesn't exist in this day and age...

Now I expect nothing normal from the us media so I just ignored most of this until...

Immediately following the ball drop, they play...

"On To The Next One" by Jay Z

Now... I never even pay attention to Hollywood theories in here, but at the very least this was utterly inappropriate...

I had to write this and say something because, there was a previous thread regarding Jay Z and the Album the Blueprint attempting to connect him to masonry which was at least slightly compelling...

So here I am with my two kids up late to watch the ball drop on New Years Eve...

And i'm no prude in anyway...

And Old Lang Syne is utterly drowned out when I'm trying to sing a simple New Years Song with kids...

And this Video featuring

Demonic Rams Horns

Bullets accompanying lyrics about getting money anyway you can...

The N word N word N word N word N word....

Money Money Money

Muth F'er Mutha F'er

X Pill referring to Xtc I assume...

A Clown that looked like the Joker...

Bloody Vampire Lips and other very Satanic looking Imagery...

Now this is what I caught just from the moment on this World Premiere video, i'll have to post it tomorrow when it hits You Tube...

I'm not going to get into the Masonry thing... nor Conspiracy, because I don't know squat about the topic if others do, feel free to...

I just have this to say...

I had to rail and argue about Xmas being allowed in stores where it can't even be mentioned...

And here for New Years with Kids all over America... Up late to Hug and Kiss parents...

I get Old Lang Syne...replace with Satanic Images and Lyrics cursing and all about MONEY and Bullets and other Puke...

So... Conspiracy aside...

And from a Guy who has been back stage for Every Metal band in America in my time growing up... who knows many entertainers, who doesn't believe Hollywood conspiracy, who has admittedly done tons of bad stuff in my time...

IS THIS WHAT WE ARE?

This is New Years Eve?

Money Ho's Satan, The Blue print... N word Mo fo Mo fo.... Bloody clowns...Vampires

Is there NOTHING of tradition and Family and Sentiment Left for us?

(don't get me wrong it was a catchy song)

But is this Normal for the Midnight Mark... they couldn't wait 20 minutes even if it has no meaning other than shock value?

Is it just the Dollar and Ratings? Or did they Want every Kid in America to see this kind of imagery up late and impressionable?

I have... NO THEORY

I just want to see what people think...

Because I figure if I find it offensive it's a pretty screwed up moment to play something like that... because I'm a pretty bizarre guy myself, I love monsters and goth crap and paranormal and sci fi...

And if nothing else...

I was just, really surprised to see something so not.... Family, so blatantly Demonic of imagery forced down almost every Americans throat at the stroke of Midnight on New Years Eve...

It just.... made me feel like if nothing else, our whole media is full of Moral prostitutes...

So are we just whores now? Is there nothing not one moment of out days where we can be allowed to forget this kind of mentality and just love and celebrate?

I can't say Xmas in places LOL, but I can have my Kids forced fed Rams Horns and bloody demonic images and foul language... at the stroke of the New Year?

Maybe to some this seems trite...

But it really kicked my can... what we have become since I was a kid, all my memories on New Years Eve were of Love and Song and it was nice... just NICE

And it felt like... there's nothing nice left, not even for ONE MINUTE on a HOLIDAY

Maybe just being sentimental but I had to take a moment to post this... Because this wasn't HBO, it was National Free TV right on the Mark of New Years Eve shown to Millions and Millions who had NO CLUE their kids were about to see this stuff or hear these words... at a time they WILL remember every moment of...

Just think it's foul and interested in hearing what others think...

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
That was the song playing in Times Square? Or on the network? What channel were you watching?That sure does sound like a poor choice of songs!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by JJRichey

I was on CBS, pretty sure... It was National TV, it was first 10 channels and multiple channels had the same showing

I'm pretty sure it was shown in the Square on Vid...

But it was the World premiere of the Video and they CUT Old Lang Syne... Never actually had any volume on it and Played... a Video totally Loaded to the gills with satanic imagery and killing for Money...

I can't wait to post it and see what people think of this to Usher in the New Year on a family channel... multiple family channels...

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Not only do i agree with you, but i wonder if you felt a blank zombie like look on many of them.
Maybe it was me, but i thought these people looked not just drunk, but dazed.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
eh it was the same empty feeling during Reaganomics. I was supposed to be scared of Libya and all that. chinese new year is better anyway! my kids have a scooby doo episode about it!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Well Times Square always looks like it's filled with Zombies...

But I know I SURE LOOKED LIKE ONE...

HAPPY NEW YEAR... and a second later i'm watching a guy sing about X and Bullets with Rams horns and Demons with my 5 year old daughter...

SAD... I couldn't even turn the channel, it didn't even hit me what they just showed and did with New Years until after the fact...

Pathetic... best word I could use...

I live in a world where when I open MY Politically Incorrect big mouth people look at me and say "That is NOT appropriate" like some Fascist Nazi maniacs for so much as daring to question...

And THIS is what i'm fed to show m kids on New Years as "Appropriate"

I just really feel like we became imbeciles somewhere along the line right now

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I had not watched anything coming out of New York since the; well you know.

But the imagery you bring up only brings two things to mind. Sodom and Gomorrah of the bible and the fall of Rome.

When decedence and utter lunacy reigns a nation, is sure sign of the impending collapse.

I hate to be a doomsayer, but one hell of the signs of the times of a collapse of a nation, is the looting of the treasury by the ones in power. But of course my handle is-

The ENDISNIGHE

be safe and Happy New Decade

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

I'm not a doom predictor by nature, I think everything is cyclical...

But the Fall of Rome... that really does hit the nail right on the head... That kind of showing on New Years was very Colosseum imho...

Overstimulated, incapable of being pleased by anything simple.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Video... okay it's up...

Okay, from lyrics as I know them they did censor language... but images of crosses and bullets, getting money with bullets, pseudo vampire images, rams heads, dancing girls....

How does this all but replace old lang syne?

I mean seriously...

and this is link to full lyrics which any kid with Internet will look up tomorrow now...

don't want to post it in text here, adult oriented material but read this.... this is New Years Eve

Lyrics

How is this Carson Daly Times Square New years moment after the ball drops?

Is there any meaning or anything worthy of celebrating the New Year here...

Guess it's true Money can buy you any position in out lives these days no matter what your message is...

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I didn't watch it but the things you mention sound ridiculous.

MSM is nothing but programming, and they're never trying to program you with anything you'd like or else they wouldn't have to try to do it subconsciously.

Who knows what in the hell the people behind this were thinking, but no doubt the people who had the final say were powerful people and it's about high time we hang all these clowns by their ankles off of tall buildings anyway.

I don't want what they're serving...

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Took the words right out of my mouth, my friend!

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Its shocking to me that idiots like Jay-Z actually have a following and a fanbase!

Why is that the most untalented and ridiculous performers (notice I didn't call them "artists") are the ones whom the mindless masses flock to?

Money, girls, power, and conceit is the only message here. Its pointless, idiotic, and serves no purpose but to inspire people to be pointless and idiotic!

And to show that trash during a traditional family oriented broadcast is disgraceful!

In the words of Testament...."We live in a f**ked up world....You'd better save yourself!"

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prof. Skrewloose
Its shocking to me that idiots like Jay-Z actually have a following and a fanbase!

Hey, when they shove something in peoples' faces long enough, they'll start to follow it anyway.

Just look how many "fans" Bush had, and suggesting that he was the most qualified man in this country to be president for those 8 years is laughable and everyone knows it.

Yet they stick him in there and throw parades and media parties and people buy it like it's normal and perfectly okay to accept. Same thing with Jay-Z, just give him a lot of attention and put him all over the radio and TV and bam, who cares whether or not he sucks, he starts selling records anyway.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

You know like I said... i'm not actually much of one to believe "conspiracy" at the drop of a hat...

But at the lowest level, it's appalling that money can buy THAT SPOT, for that kind of video today...

In all seriousness, does anyone NEED rating to attract people to THAT slot? the Times Square Ball drop? Is there anyone counting down at a house party NOT tuning in anyway?

On a level it almost really does seem to reek ...the message MONEY, POWER and Satanic Imagery? Nailed...right at a Moment every kid watching it would be filled with it...

All aside for the Love of God do they have an once of morality left?

I don't believe any message should be censored people have a right to choose god or Evil...for me I always dismiss that kind of stuf as Fantasy anyway...

But a time and a place for everything, it was....Intrusive, it just felt soooooooooo out of place....

Carson Daly touts it at the end as going to be the highest rated video of the new decade?

It was well done from the pov of a guy that likes his cameras and special effects and let's say it is what it is...more shock vale eye candy, to be fair... still, it's a crap message utter garbage for the spirit...

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
You're posting about Carson Daly playing a rap video ..
I am betting this took place on the Carson Daly show's time slot. fwiw

Free speech dude .. if you don't like it change the channel.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Sorry New Year's eve was a drag for you! We got an unexpected surprise. Our power went out

NO TV (gsap!)
We made a fire
We made love by candlelight
For 6 hours no electronic anything
It was blissful
Happy new year!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

GOOD GOD THAT IS TRASH!!!

sorry for the caps but I just had to trash that JayZ video
Money and Ho's and Cars and Money and Ho's.......
I could do better than that and I don't even rap.
Even Salt n' Pepa blows him away
He should start working @ Burger King

This is the best we have to show? I'm gonna commit suicide then

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
The most worrying part to the song....

Meanwhile, had Oprah chillin in the projects
Had her out in Bedstuy, chillin on the steps
Drinkin quarter waters, gotta be the best
MJ at Summer Jam, Obama on the text
Yall should be affriad of what im gon do next
Hol'up

What will he do next? declare himself the son of perdition?

wouldnt be surprised!!

spirit

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I watched it on fox, they played all good music like "what a wonderful world" and other great classics. Maybe change the channel, till you find more appropriate music playing for the children.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus

One of the only non military persons they interviewed ...the woman interviewer said she lived right next door to Transylvania... which doesn't exist in this day and age...

I beg your pardon, Transylvania most certainly does exist, I live there.

The rest of it ya, its sad, know where the off button on that TV is?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join