It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal for Senators to vote Yes on Obamacare

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

As John Hammell says in the Newsletter: "I require a DETAILED RESPONSE to this if you think I am in error in any way regarding this assertion. I demand a response."

If you feel you have some information that proves Mr. Hammell is incorrect, you can email him here:
[email protected]

I happen to agree with him. In the above he is just giving examples of how the courts sided; the bottom line being non government involvement in peoples choice for health care. The details of the cases he references are a non issue and do not play a part themselves in this issue.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I will write to Mr. Hammel, if I get a reply I'll try and share it with you all.

His direct referencing of supreme court decisions is an issue if he's trying to tell his respective representatives that they're breaking the law by voting for the current legislation in the senate (HR 3962 for those who want to know). For that I leave you to my previous explanation on the irrelevancy of his entire article as an empty threat and fear mongering.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
It isn't stopping them.

abcnews.go.com...

Democrats broke a Republican filibuster in the wee hours of the morning and inched their sweeping $871 billion health care package toward passage before Christmas.

All 60 members of the Democratic caucus -- liberals who wanted a public option voted for a bill without one, and moderates concerned about the cost -- voted to limit debate on compromise language introduced Saturday morning. The 40 Republicans opposed and assailed Democrats for crafting back-room deals that benefit a few senators.

"It's one of the great Bernie Madoff gimmicks that I've ever seen, that anybody's ever seen," McCain, R-Ariz., charged on "Good Morning America" today, adding that this was an "unsavory practice that the American people will reject resoundingly."

One of the biggest weaknesses of the bill, McCain said, is that tax increases and cuts in Medicare and other funding would kick in as soon as the bill is passed but the benefits won't begin to accrue until four years later.

"That's nutty stuff ... it's unacceptable," he said.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
So by them voting yes for obamacare they would be engaging in treason by breaking they're oath and violating the Constitution. By all right the military according to they're oath should step in and defend this nation from the enemy within.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Raven Hemp

Brilliant. just brilliant.
Do you people ever THINK about what you are saying?
So you want a military coup in America. Yeah, that usually works out great for the people, really advances freedom.
Get a grip, it's a Democrat in office, big freakin deal! So you want to overthrow the Constitution in order to save it????
This kind of talk is TREASON and foolish beyond belief!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

I did not say I want the military to take control I was saying that if they live up the oath they took they should.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Also if they pass this health care bill that will be in violation of the Constitution.
It has nothing to do with the fact there is a Democrat as president.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by Raven Hemp]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This guy is right on the money. This bill regulates health insurance. This bill also states that everyone must have this insurance or else be fined. This bill allows the Fegeral Government to specify what must be covered by this insurance. A doctor may have to determine his course of treatment based on what this insurance will cover. How does this NOT regulate medicine? Medicare does the same thing. It doesn't make Medicare right either. Medicare was initiated by a Democrat President and a Congress in which both houses were overwhelmingly controlled by Democrats. Sounds kind of familiar doesn't it?

[edit on 21-12-2009 by JIMC5499]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
No, taking away someones right to vote is illegal. they can vote whatever the heck they want.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
"I am putting you on CONSTRUCTIVE NOTICE OF INSTRUCTION that you do not have any LEGAL CONSTITUTIONAL authority to vote yes on this issue. Therefor, you must vote no or you will be in VIOLATION of your OATH OF OFFICE and subject to removal."

Oh brother. This is too ripe.

First the guy states they have no legal right to vote, then instructs them that the only course they may take IS TO VOTE, but only vote "no". So he contradicts himself from the start.

Upon visiting this guys site- wow. He has 2 sites for the same cause, filled with flashy/blingly bright graphics like the typical conspiracy/survivalist sort.

I love how he names his 'organization' of 1 something so official sounding so as to garner even more attention from the likes of the OP. "It sounds so official! It must be legit!"

Then folks like the OP fail to actually read with comprehension what it is the guy writes, regurgitate it verbatim on ATS and other such sites, and eventually it ends up being posted by one of my nutjob friends on Facebook (as part of their 20+ daily updates) stating it as Truth.

Good lord. If OP and others don't like this sort of commentary then please take some time and consider what it is they're about to post before sharing it. You are your own best debunker (and I'm not even debunking as much as I am ridiculing both OP and his 'source' for how silly the mans claims are).

Well, I have to run: I have a meeting of the International Food and Beverage Council to attend in my kitchen.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
sure they can vote on what ever they want so long as it is within the limitations of the constitution for them to do so. The U.S. government is restricted as to what they have the power to do. So it is not the matter of telling them they can't vote but the constitution limits what they can vote on and witch way they can vote. Voting in favor for any bill that is unconstitutional is against they're oath of office.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
So, if it's illegal, who's going to enforce the letter of the law? The Supreme Court? I doubt it...if it's truly illegal, then why is it happening? Because we have lost power? OR because the outdated constitution has lost power?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raven Hemp
Voting in favor for any bill that is unconstitutional is against they're oath of office.

What is it called when they vote against their constituents wishes? Double edged sword, huh?

EDIT: if it's against their oath to vote "against" the constitution, then how does the constitution ever get amended?

[edit on 21-12-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Because "We The People" let it happen. We have let them take the power away from us. Because we live in fear of them.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I would call it doing they're job.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raven Hemp

Because "We The People" let it happen. We have let them take the power away from us. Because we live in fear of them.

Then I suppose that "we the people" must not care too much, huh? OR maybe, those of you that have problems with our government are actually in the minority

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The health Industry is full of crap.
They live out of the misery of sick people, they are a desgrace!!! They don't let any cure to deseases like cancer to appear.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

well from most polls that have been taken this health care bill has very little support. that is known. with less than 50% in support why are they pushing it? When it is only going to increase the % insured by 12% more and leave out millions still. When they are willing to drop so much from the bill that were the selling points and bribing members of congress to get votes for it. What is the plan?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

the constitution can and has been ratified with a specific vote to do so, witch needs 2/3 vote from both houses of congress. You know like propose an amendment for what ever and vote on it. So till the constitution is ratified to allow a government health care they don't have the power to do so. Roosevelt tried to do that with the 2nd bill of rights and that didn't go nowhere. So currently they can't legally pass this bill.

Sorry it takes 2/3 vote to propose and amendment and 3/4 to actually pass the change.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by Raven Hemp]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join