It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The majority of Americans came to America in the last century and didn't kill Indians or enslave bl

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Yet the two big beefs about Americans are that they killed Indians and stole their land and they brought black slaves here. Baloney!
Millions of Chinese, Italians, Germans, Irish and people from every corner of the world came to America to escape tyranny in their own countries and to have a chance to make a life for themselves. They didn't kill or enslave anyone! So back off, all you haters of Americans!
Reparations are designed to dived and conquer America, and they are winning with deceit and baloney!

[edit on 20-12-2009 by gdeed]

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gdeed

Honestly.. in what backwards place have you heard people beeing angry at american citizens because of what people who came there did hundreds of years ago? Who has this beef with americans?? Do you have a source? Sounds pretty dumb to me, i cant imagine there beeing a big mass of people having beef with living americans because of this.

Slavery was everywhere, not just in america.

[edit on 20/12/2009 by Daniem]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The rest of the world isn't angry at past misdeeds of the USA. Its current ones like the blatantly offensive war upon Iraq and the terror bombings the USA and its allies conduct upon other nations like Afghanistan, Pakistan, Somalia, and Yemen.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by gdeed

Umms, I'm a bit confused.

The blacks got reparations and rightfully so, since Americans DID enslave them.

The Native Americans weren't really enslaved but they were killed and their land taken away and their kids "Americanized" and had their culture pretty much destroyed.

And how does this play in with Immigration? The people who came here, from other countries are Immigrants, they aren't "Americans". They may be legally, but they aren't born citizens.

America was made up of immigrants, every founding father, every lineage of any American can be linked to another country.

Can you explain yourself a little better?

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gdeed

What exactly are you trying to say? That no black people were enslaved and no Native Americans were killed?

If they didn't do it then who did?

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Maybe the Klingons did it

I guess everything that has been taught all these years is wrong then? Back to the drawing board.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
reply to post by gdeed

What exactly are you trying to say? That no black people were enslaved and no Native Americans were killed?

If they didn't do it then who did?

Who ever did it are long gone. Americans are the Mexican, the Cubans, the Puerto Ricans, the Canadians, the Europeans that came here hundreds of years “after” those atrocities, The Asians, the Muslims, the Jews and on and on.

The "Vast" majority of Americans had nothing to do with bringing blacks to America. The vast Majority had nothing to do with stealing land or killing Indians.
In fact most people came to America and became Americans to get away from those kinds of atrocities.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gdeed

Well unfortunetly just because it was a while ago, doesn't mean that we don't have to take responsibility for it.

Humans are slaves to history, the problem is we never learn from it.

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by divinetragedy79
reply to post by Kram09

Maybe the Klingons did it

I guess everything that has been taught all these years is wrong then? Back to the drawing board.

You might be right, then go after the Klingons not inocent Americans.
If you are feeling guilty and have relatives that were part of the problem, well then don't know what to tell you.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by gdeed
Who ever did it are long gone. Americans are the Mexican, the Cubans, the Puerto Ricans, the Canadians, the Europeans that came here hundreds of years “after” those atrocities, The Asians, the Muslims, the Jews and on and on.
The "Vast" majority of Americans had nothing to do with bringing blacks to America. The vast Majority had nothing to do with stealing land or killing Indians.
In fact most people came to America and became Americans to get away from those kinds of atrocities.

True, but the prosperity of North America is based on lands stolen from Natives, and upon the labour of Black slaves. Reparations may not be the answer, but there is a debt, whether you care to recognise it or not.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by gdeed

Well unfortunetly just because it was a while ago, doesn't mean that we don't have to take responsibility for it.

Humans are slaves to history, the problem is we never learn from it.

~Keeper

Those that have kin folk that are responsible can certainly come forward and take the lashings and pay reparations if that will make them feel better.

But leave the rest of us out of it thank You!

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

True, but the prosperity of North America is based on lands stolen from Natives, and upon the labour of Black slaves. Reparations may not be the answer, but there is a debt, whether you care to recognise it or not.

My kin worked their buts off just to get by, no one gave or did anything for them, and so have I. Now if you wish to go after the people on welfare go ahead.
Most Americans have contributed to this country and many didn't ask to be born here, it just happened.
The vast number of Americans owe no one anything, but nevertheless are the most generous in the world, that's why they are being abused and taken advantage of.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

My kin worked their buts off just to get by, no one gave or did anything for them, and so have I. Now if you wish to go after the people on welfare go ahead.
Most Americans have contributed to this country and many didn't ask to be born here, it just happened.
The vast number of Americans owe no one anything, but nevertheless are the most generous in the world, that's why they are being abused and taken advantage of.

I hear you...but your kin came hear for a better life...and that better life was based upon stolen land and slave labour. That's why they came to America instead of...oh, I donno...France?...where all the land and resources were locked up a long, long time ago.

I'm sure they abused no one...but I'm saying there is an inherent debt in the system that has not yet been adequately addressed. And I speak from a Canadian perspective as well. There remain obligations to be met...how to do so? Not sure...
But it involves good health, education and leadership.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
The rest of the world isn't angry at past misdeeds of the USA. Its current ones like the blatantly offensive war upon Iraq and the terror bombings the USA and its allies conduct upon other nations like Afghanistan, Pakistan, Somalia, and Yemen.

It's not so much the rest of the world as it is Americans hating Americans because of something that happened hundreds of years ago by a few people. Everything in history is savagery and war, almost like today.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I hear you...but your kin came hear for a better life...and that better life was based upon stolen land and slave labour. That's why they came to America instead of...oh, I donno...France?...where all the land and resources were locked up a long, long time ago.

I'm sure they abused no one...but I'm saying there is an inherent debt in the system that has not yet been adequately addressed. And I speak from a Canadian perspective as well. There remain obligations to be met...how to do so? Not sure...

The land belongs to god or whatever higher power that created it. It doesn't belong to Indians, blacks, whites, Asians or anyone else. Most people were born on the land, they had no choice in the matter. God or whoever put them/us where we are. All the lands on this planet have been fought over, and that will probably never change.
We all come and go and leave the land we were put on behind. No one gets to keep the land for long.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

The land belongs to god or whatever higher power that created it. It doesn't belong to Indians, blacks, whites, Asians or anyone else. Most people were born on the land, they had no choice in the matter. God or whoever put them/us where we are. All the lands on this planet have been fought over, and that will probably never change.
We all come and go and leave the land we were put on behind. No one gets to keep the land for long.

You might like to look into that assertion...look at ancestral lands in older cultures than ours. Look into the structure of society to preserve the ownership and the creation and preservation of wealth from generation to generation. While I appreciate your assertion that your kin caused no one any grief...you are so wrong in the other stuff you're saying. Study some history, law, anthro, sociology...they all contradict you.

Like, no offence, eh?

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by gdeed

Ohhhh right in that case let's all forget about it then!

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
It was the Brits that killed the Native Americans in America, the "red" coats.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

Erm.....maybe you should read some history books.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
reply to post by gdeed

Ohhhh right in that case let's all forget about it then!

Feel free to open up you pocket book and give to those you may have done an unjustis to. People contribute to their favorite charities all the time.
To mug people today over injuries done in “ancient times" by “others long gone” is pure baloney.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join