It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Military Suicides Out Number Soldiers Killed By Enemy Fire For 2009

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
rcwj1975, thanks for putting that video here. I think everyone SHOULD watch it. The fear can be felt even though it was a video. I had goosebumps all over me watching this video. I feel sorry for the poor guys there who went through this. We as a nation are guilty for sending them there and allowing them to be sent there.

The situation is quite simple (as I see it). THESE men/women should NOT be in Iraq !!!! Period. They should not be in Afghanistan either. We can argue all we want but the FACTS speak for themselves.

1) CIA has stated that Saddam had nothing to do with 911.
2) If a huge amount of oil was not there WE (USA) would not be there. Look at Burma or North Korea, no war to bring Democracy there.
3) Afghanistan is a hopeless case (Soviets learned this the hard way) and a deal with Taliban could be reach to let them take control. ONLY they can do it, outsider will not and NEVER could. Spending $1 billion/day will not do it.
4) The money spent in Iraq and Afghanistan SHOULD BE spent in the USA.
5) Obama is wasting time/lives and none of his and his buddies kids will be there to feel the burden of the Wars they continue to fight.

Bottom line, What Are They There for that can justify such a huge price. We can not keep out a bunch of turban warriors out of the US? Who's kidding whom here? Spend the $1 billion/day IN THE USA to keep these "puppets" out, what's the problem with doing this?

PS: Try this out friends

Qigong

[edit on 20-12-2009 by shakespear1]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I wonder why the ATS vets and soldiers are not commenting on this thread.....hmmm....you know all the ones who added me to their 'foe' list from the 'before y'all bash' thread.....awfully quiet around here soldiers....

But that is typical treatment from the military community......in a war situation it's all...."I'll fight to the death for my brother," but once they get home....the support is completely gone, no one wants to hear or deal with any problems...the military community looks the other way....

That's the way the military takes care of their own..... Pathetic!

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

Don't know, I'm still here. No, the military doesn't take care of you after service, the VA does, as you well know. Perhaps, hmmmm, I wonder.....if we didn't spend as much on illegals, entitlements and supporting the generations now of shiftless people who don't work, might we just maybe have more money for the VA? As a patient of the VA, and knowing how the system works, I wonder what citizens mandated health care is gonna look like?

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Semper Fi...

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I know that I can not save the world but here is my small contribution to help those coming from this Insane War. I suspect they will be reading here and that is why I put it here.

Thanks to Lieutenant Colonel Dave Grossman I think that I understand the Vet a bit better than had I not read his book.

I am into Yoga and Qigong. Before you think this is bull I say TRY IT. Once you learn some I think you will stick with it and you do NOT NEED TO BUY expensive equipment.

You can go here to see how Qigong is done.

Qigong

In the beginning it is better to do it in a group. Later you can do it alone.

The same goes for Yoga.

I am not saying this will cure all problems BUT I THINK it will help You

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by shakespear1
I know that I can not save the world but here is my small contribution to help those coming from this Insane War. I suspect they will be reading here and that is why I put it here.

Thanks to Lieutenant Colonel Dave Grossman I think that I understand the Vet a bit better than had I not read his book.

I am into Yoga and Qigong. Before you think this is bull I say TRY IT. Once you learn some I think you will stick with it and you do NOT NEED TO BUY expensive equipment.

You can go here to see how Qigong is done.

Qigong

In the beginning it is better to do it in a group. Later you can do it alone.

The same goes for Yoga.

I am not saying this will cure all problems BUT I THINK it will help You

shakespear1,

Thanks for commenting,

You are the only person to post some kind of a solution to help with the problems that the vets face after the military spits them out....

It's sad to see how the military takes care of their own...

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainfall
I wonder why the ATS vets and soldiers are not commenting on this thread.....hmmm....you know all the ones who added me to their 'foe' list from the 'before y'all bash' thread.....awfully quiet around here soldiers....

Probably because we all know you're just a troll that doesn't have Clue One about the military, other than what you see on youtube.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Guys, I know this does not belong here but I am leaving this here as I can not start my own threads yet :-)

TV report on Qigong

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by shakespear1
Guys, I know this does not belong here but I am leaving this here as I can not start my own threads yet :-)

shakespear1,

This is a great idea for a new thread...

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Thanks for putting that up Bud

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Just by saying something doesn't make it true. The phenomenon of Military Suicides needs to be taken on a case by case basis. Just spewing the numbers of overall suicides is ridiculous.

After I retired from the US Army and graduated from an accredited Univeristy in Ohio with a BA in Broadcasting and a minor in political science, I have developed a real hatred for this type of sensationalism. It isn't journalism, it is propaganda.

The majority of young men who join the military are straight, this is by design. So, it is the common culture for their women to cheat on them, either wives or girlfriends. Some guys unfortunately are so tied up with love that they can't take it that their girl was screwing some other guy.
I pity straight guys.

I don't have proof of that but as a retired Cavalry Platoon Sergeant, I've seen it plenty.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I have to say something here, we DONT kill millions of innocent civillians, and yes to the OP...we do have hearts. The first time I pulled the trigger in a combat situation was the longest milisecond of my life. Do you think I gave two flyin craps what somebody poltical agenda was, or how much oil was sellin for that week when I saw that gun come up towards me? Seriously, think a little bit before you say something. Yea, it tore me up pretty bad, not because I killed an innocent civilian...it was a guy with a gun pointed at me, an ENEMY and believe it or not it still hurt me as a person that I simply killed someone. I cant speak for every guy (or girl) out there, but no matter what the circumstances are, even if they were over-running our shores...sure I'd shoot em, but you better believe at some point the thoughts gonna hit that I just took someone from somebody waiting on them to get home, as it easily could've been them taking me from my loved ones waiting on me. So no, its not the horrible guilt of being a killing robot, its just hard for guys to deal with killing or seeing death period end. These guys fought for each other if nothing else, and you turn thier pain and suffering into some kind of Anti-gov political thing.

Try next time to start an intellectual and mature debate about measures that can be taken to support our boys coming home to make sure this sickening statistic changes. Yea, its horrible and heartbreaking but if it bothers you that bad why not help, theres plenty of troop support groups out there for civilians that you could help with to change this stat. Dont use them as fodder for your cannon against the military.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

You are possibly one of the most ignorant, stuck up, with your head so far up your ass I'm suprised you can still see enough to type. You have no clue what the troops go through when they goto war. If anything be ticked off at the government for setting up the agenda of which the soldiers goto war but the soldiers themselves deserve the utmost respect you dick. You have NO idea what they have to live through and the decisions they have to make. Just keep sitting behind the comfort of your monitor drinking your little coffee sitting on your high horse while they ARE protecting your freedoms, including the freedom of you being able to spew all this bull# out of your mouth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join