It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steorn Announces Public Demonstration of Orbo Technology

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by downisreallyup
reply to post by OrganizedChaos

No, these ARE over-unity motors, in that they output more energy than what is required to make them work. Just watch the videos in the previous post and you will see this is true.

I want to believe they are but the engineer part of my brain says nope.

That high voltage/high frequency pulse that is returned to the battery is what you get from battery desulfators. It has a tendency to desulfate/rejuvinate lead acid or most rechargeable batteries. All of the pulse motor designs require rechargeable batteries.

It takes microamps of current to keep a small rotor spinning on a pulse motor. These motors will run a LONG time. From what I read, Steorns unit is using a 10000mAh 1.2 Volt NiMh battery. It could probably sit there and spin for a month or more before you'd need to charge the battery.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I find this device hard to believe, but I'll keep an open mind and watch what transpires with it.

It would seem to me that it would be easy enough to verify if they really wanted to. They say it produces something like 300% efficiency, some of that being heat, so lets say it does 150-200% mechanical. Attach it to a 9V battery, get a device that requires 13.5-18V to operate and attempt to power it. Forget all the fancy measuring equipment for the time being, either it works or it doesn't, simple enough.

If you have it powering a real device that requires 1.5-2x the energy being supplied by the battery source, and it runs, people would take notice. Graphs can be manipulated, reality can't.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

dereks, I'm really trying to show patience towards your bravado and posturing. He is an inventor, just so many other inventors, and these guys don't think that way. When he was just a young boy he spent years just collecting minerals himself and crafting his own electrical components. He is an electronics genius, so please stop trying to cram into your mold. He doesn't think like you, and for you to make the leap in thinking that says:

He doesn't act like I think he should = he must be a total liar and fake

Well, that is just highly immature, since it admits no possibility of being wrong, and it presupposes there is only ONE single explanation for his actions. Surely, you must not be that naive to think that life is so neat and tidy. You have no idea what he has done in his life or why, so why come off so absolute and emphatic?

That is the worst part about people who are locked in paradigm lock... they can only see what their paradigm allows them to see, and the very nature of paradigm is that it limits new advancements.

Anyhow, I do wish that all people on this board can have HEALTHY skepticism and not this dogmatic close-minded zealousness that really serves no purpose in anything positive. If you had taken the time to study out the science behind his claim (like I am doing now), and taken the time to explain the valid reasons why these things can't possibly work, then I'm sure you could have a very engaging conversation without the massive disrespect you show to anyone that doesn't think like you do.

It's a shame really.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

Watch the Bedini videos I linked to in my post above and then you will see these devices at work and also hear a good explanation of how they work and why they work. You will also see some very impressive "running under load", which of course is what we all want to see.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

You are supposed to watch ALL the videos (12 I think), not just the first one. Sheesh, I thought that would be evident. Do I really need to put all the links, or are people able to search the others out on YouTube? (Hint: put the title of the video in the search box, and it will bring them all up).

And no, they would not be in every physics magazine. Are you kidding me? Scientists/engineers are notorious for not accepting anything that goes outside their training... everybody knows this, history teaches us this, and it is fully understandable, since it would make them feel very uncomfortable and inadequate, I'm sure. It takes a lot of courage to admit that there were major flaws or omissions in your foundational thinking.

The way the pulse motors work is simple, and it explains why a battery is needed. The extra power from the vacuum comes from the energy spikes as the motor turns, and polarity is switched/pulsed. The extra energy from the spikes has to be stored so it can then be used by the load in a smooth manner. The batteries are merely buffering the energy. It is very easy to measure the energy coming from the motor, into the batteries, out to the load, and back into the battery charging system. Please, don't be so simple minded to assume that is HAS to work without batteries, for that is just not how it functions, and for good reasons. If, however, you can run your house with this system, and never have to put more energy into it once it's up and running, then clearly the system is over-unity.

What amazes me is that people are so very close minded to even look at something critically, giving it a fair analysis. Bedini has had many scientists come to see it, and they either don't want to look at it, or they go away scratching their heads, unable to accept what they saw. PARADIGM, PARADIGM, PARADIGM! I know it's hard and VERY SCARY to break out of it, but we must... that is the only way we will advance.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OrganizedChaos

That high voltage/high frequency pulse that is returned to the battery is what you get from battery desulfators. It has a tendency to desulfate/rejuvinate lead acid or most rechargeable batteries. All of the pulse motor designs require rechargeable batteries.

Bedini talks about this in the videos and explains why this doesn't happen with his systems, and why the batteries actually operate much more efficiently. One of the amazing parts is when he charges the batteries through the air, without any wires connecting them to the generator. As he is charging them he holds a little light to above the batteries, above the plastic, and the light lights up. Then, when the generator is turned off, the light immediately goes out. The light is lit by the "Negative Energy" traveling through the air as it charges the batteries. This is TESLA stuff man, and it's very cool!

[edit on 18-12-2009 by downisreallyup]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
A quick update on this story...

On Saturday at 5pm GMT, Steorn CEO Sean McCarthy will present a live talk from the Waterways Centre Demo. Visit or watch it here on Live Stream View 1.

Steorn website

Supposedly this covers "Part 1 of an Orbo Electromagnetic Interaction".. sources at the Waterway Centre indicate that another Orbo is being completed and wired up with an Oscilloscope etc. ready for the talk tomorrow.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by Keeval]

[edit on 18-12-2009 by Keeval]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
What puzzles me is why there have been no reports on mainstream tv news about this 'going public' ? Why are they surpressing it ? I haven't seen one little mention or report on either BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5 et al ? I might be wrong ? If anyone has seen a report on these channels then please put me right ?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProRipp
What puzzles me is why there have been no reports on mainstream tv news about this 'going public' ?

because they realise it is just a hoax

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

What puzzles me is why there have been no reports on mainstream tv news about this 'going public' ?

because they realise it is just a hoax

Then they are going to great lengths to perpetuate this 'HOAX' ! Somehow i don't buy your skepticism, no offence ! Others mention the battery ! Yes it runs off a battery but it recharges said battery thus making it free energy ! It looks real to me ! Maybe i should'nt believe what my eyes are seeing ?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Just the fact this gets attention shows how dumb Ct'ers are. It's a hoax and a money making scam...there has been no meter of any kind put on their demonstration model...oh..maybe the jewish reptillian contingent is behind it.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Yes it runs off a battery but it recharges said battery thus making it free energy

so what is the battery doing then? if it did what it claimed there would be no need for the battery

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
They clearly state that it is an OVERUNITY unit that produces more energy than it consumes ! Defying the laws of physics ! Therefore it needs an initial power source ie the battery ! It becomes 'free' because it recharges the battery therefor it is perpetual energy ! If you want to nit-pick over the price of a battery then your correct it's not free its around 25pence ! So in that case your right ! Happy now ?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

dereks, your pessimism is getting quite tiresome. Your repetitions of this silly position will not do anything at all for anyone. What does it accomplish? Have you presented any proof at all that it is a hoax? Have you looked into with an unbiased eye? You are just ranting the same old tired mantra that is based on your own fears and prejudice.

I have over the last several days taken the time to study out the matter in much more detail, and in fact have become even more convinced of John Bedini's approach to using a lead-acid battery as a negative resistor to direct energy from the vacuum into a circuit.

Why don't you show some initiative and intelligence by digging into more and then if you want to address specific reasons why you don't think it will work, present them, and then discuss them using intelligence. Your constant babbling of "it won't work, it won't work", reminds me of the guy who sticks his fingers in his ears and screams "na na na na na na na na... I'm not listening, I'm not listening!" because he doesn't WANT to hear.

It would do you good to open your mind and FIRST consider the arguments with open honesty, and then if you want to disprove anything, do it with facts not attacks.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

Why don't you take the time to watch the Bedini videos, or read this document that explains exactly WHY the battery is needed. The battery is what becomes the "NEGATIVE RESISTOR", and the precise way in which this works is explained in the following document:

Article explaining how battery is used to capture radiant energy

This site is about rejecting ignorance, and obviously doing that requires that a person study, and even that they study things that are not mainstream, since if that is all that is required to reject ignorance, this site would not be needed, and anyone who has a college education and conventional thinking could be said to be "non-ignorant." Certainly the concept of "above top secret" implies that there are things which are not typically known that require one to look beyond the normal conventional understanding.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
This did appear on a news channel but not as a report but more like a paid advertisement. The channel is Al Jazeera International:

As another side the website has a new news bit:

On Saturday at 5pm GMT, Steorn CEO Sean McCarthy will present a live talk from the Waterways Centre Demo

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Yes it runs off a battery but it recharges said battery thus making it free energy

so what is the battery doing then? if it did what it claimed there would be no need for the battery

See there is your problem right there! You make the erroneous statement:

"If it did what it claimed there would be no need for the battery"

That statement is full of false assumptions. First, you assume that the battery is there to power the unit, when all the literature on the subject, particularly by Bedini is that the battery is there to function as a "negative resistor." Try to follow this: as the motor turns it generates energy spikes which are collected in a capacitors and then sent into the battery at intervals. The battery then has momentary imbalances between the electron and ion potentials. These imbalances are what cause the vacuum to deposit radiant energy into the battery in its attempt to balance the system. This energy from the vacuum is then added to the closed system, and is usable because the battery has converted it from back EMF to positive energy.

You keep asking "well, if it really did what they claimed, it wouldn't have a battery", and yet that statement only reveals that you have had no idea how these things work, and you make an assumption about why the battery is needed. When you ask "why is it needed" are you really open to hearing why, or are you only asking that question in a rhetorical sense because you think that everyone else assumes like you do in a prejudiced manner?

If you really want to know why it's needed, why don't you close your mouth, open your mind, and sincerely LEARN why it's needed. Show the people who have spent their entire lives trying to perfect this some basic human respect and if you really want to shoot them down, at least have the decency to explain yourself at least as well as they have.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by broli

Boy, this company Steorn is sure putting a lot out there to hang them with if indeed this is really false. People selling scams don't do things like these guys are... they don't make big public forums, inviting the public to come and scrutinize. They don't take out ads on new programs, give public talks, and sell cheap kits for experimenting with and testing their claims. They don't make legally binding licenses that very easily stiffen their legal responsibilities.

The more they are doing what they are now doing, the more it looks like the earlier attempts were just the typical speed bumps that can sometimes happen with launches of new technology, especially in a field that is fraught with attempted suppression.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by downisreallyup

Boy, this company Steorn is sure putting a lot out there to hang them with if indeed this is really false. People selling scams don't do things like these guys are... they don't make big public forums, inviting the public to come and scrutinize. They don't take out ads on new programs, give public talks, and sell cheap kits for experimenting with and testing their claims. They don't make legally binding licenses that very easily stiffen their legal responsibilities.

Of course they do. They do everything they possibly can to convince their marks that they are legit. They even sponsor professional sporting teams.

See the Wikipedia article on the Australian Firepower scam. The principle has just recently returned to Oz, thinking he was in the clear, but is in under extreme scrutiny (passports confiscated, etc) and is being sued.

Here is a list of very sophisticated scams specifically related to perpetual motion machines like Steorn's: Eric's history of Perpetual Motion and Free Energy Machines

And here is a Guide on How to make a living pitching free energy machines

Edit: a little exerpt from the above guide:

� Watch your target market, Go after people predisposed to believing in conspiracy theories such as the militias, JFK conspiracy, and UFO cover-up groups.

� If you are forced to demonstrate some device, consider the following important tips: bore the skeptics right out of the room with long discourses on elementary science; claim you have some adjustments to make, yet; say it worked yesterday; run your machine for just a few seconds and move on to some other important point. - or do the Newman trick of openly hooking up input power and just promising it's less than what comes out.

Sound familiar?

[edit on 18/12/2009 by rnaa]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by downisreallyup

See there is your problem right there! You make the erroneous statement:

"If it did what it claimed there would be no need for the battery"

Nothing erroneous about that statement at all

These imbalances are what cause the vacuum to deposit radiant energy into the battery in its attempt to balance the system. This energy from the vacuum is then added to the closed system, and is usable because the battery has converted it from back EMF to positive energy.

exactly what vacuum are you talking about? The machine does not operate in a vacuum.

Show the people who have spent their entire lives trying to perfect this some basic human respect

Sorry, hoaxers are not due respect. If not a hoax, what peer reviewed journal has it been published in? Which University examined and tested and supports their claims.

Funny how even the Steorn approved group of engineers and scientists found the unanimous verdict of the Jury is that Steorn's attempts to demonstrate the claim have not shown the production of energy. The jury is therefore ceasing work. That is how real science works, not by a public demonstration that can easily be hoaxed!

at least have the decency to explain yourself at least as well as they have.

except they have not explained themselves at all - their "explanation" makes no scientific sense at all, it is there to satisfy the gullible, and apparently in your case it has worked

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join