It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS ROCKS! And here are just SOME reasons why,..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

I like what you have done here.

Nothing more really needs to be said.

Viva la ATS!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
BRAVO!!!

Debate is exercise for the brain. And there is plenty to debate here at ATS! All points of view should be taken into consideration which requires that everyone have a voice... even the ones that hate the current state of ATS.

OP I deem thee ATS Anti-Grinch!!!

Disclaimer: This title in no way effect your profile or standing on the ATS site and is purely an attempt to elicit a chuckle to any who read this fine print. The title may not be recognized by ATS Administrators or owners of the ATS web site. In which case your title will be altered in my mind to simply Anti-Grinch.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
What is the psychology or motive behind the flurry of these threads lately?

No psychology here. A simple formula of a certain body part's length = flags * stars

The true conspiracy is that someone's trying to make ATS look bad. Or it's just kids fooling around on the internet.

no more ATS is going to hell threads!!!!!!

I second that. Hate those.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
How come, every single day, when I log on to ATS, there is ANOTHER thread about member participation, ATS sucking / being awesome, people complaining about other people, etc. etc.

I used to come here every single day and spend hours reading, debating, posting and all of that jazz on interesting and important topics (well not always important - i.e. the jackblack game / message - but intriguing).

Now when I log in, it's just another STUPID (yes, STUPID) post about ATS and it's members being one thing or another, or it's topics and discussions being one thing or another This is turning less into a conspiracy site and more into a whining site about people who don't like this or that.

It's pretty effing sad when you log in and 2 of the top 4 stories DON'T EVEN HAVE TO DO WITH CONSPIRACIES IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM! Is anyone else as frustrated and annoyed by this?

In the very short time I've been here, I've seen this place go from an amazing site of interest, various topics, extremely interesting thoughts and people to a message board for whiny children who aren't getting their way cuz someone is too liberal or too conservative.

I joined because I thought this place was awesome and had TONS of great posts and info. I'll tell ya what though, if I logged on to the main page today as a first timer, I'd be gone before you know it with the titles of the posts (ATS is dying, ATS has cancer, ATS members are shallow).

edit to add: AND WHAT MAKES THINGS WORSE IS THESE POSTS ON THE FRONT PAGE HAVE +52 STARS AFTER THEM AND COUNTLESS FLAGS! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

[edit on 14-12-2009 by Rockstar1102]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c1b76f4d9c57.jpg[/atsimg]

Oh...never mind....

I got the wrong end of the stick.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Well, since a perfectly peaceful thread was closed and replaced with this one, it is only a matter of time before this post could be stopped as well.

This was so obviously a means to intercede in a discussion that is also what makes ATS great, not killing the thread and posting a happy, cheery rebuttal.

Have your happy ATS. I wouldn't be here if I didn't find value in ATS, rather I am simply making a vain rebuttal at the fact that there are very real issues with where ATS is going, and if you don't have a pay account (as was once illustrated to me by a mod) you just aren't really important.

1984 comes to mind and well, I doubt this post will last.

On another note however, in less than a month all this ATS problem stuff will not mean a thing. It just won't.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
maybe this post should be with the rest of the ads on the right

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GideonHM
and if you don't have a pay account (as was once illustrated to me by a mod) you just aren't really important.

There are pay accounts here?
That's news to me.

No wonder I'm not important then.

Damn....

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ST3V3nice
maybe this post should be with the rest of the ads on the right

Only if I get paid for its content per page hit

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I wasn't going to respond to this thread but the idea of paid ATS accounts is interesting.

Is it true that there are some paid accounts? Is it a secret society?

I didn't bring up this subject but would please appreciate a response from TPTB at ATS.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GideonHM

Well, since a perfectly peaceful thread was closed and replaced with this one, it is only a matter of time before this post could be stopped as well.

Well I must say I am slightly disspointed my stupid thread along with the other stupid threads that don't belong in ATS general conspiracy discussions wasn't moved to rant. But closing them is the next best thing I spose

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
No it doesn't.

Everywhere I look I see advertisements
Everywhere I look, somebody's trying to debunk something using unsound logic, half-truths and quack theories
Everywhere I look, somebody is claiming something outrageous
Everywhere I look, people are pushing scam artists like David Wilcox, Alex Jones, the guy who thinks the Moon steals are soul, etc.

It used to be good, but it is progressively getting more and more mainstream.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
"Well, since a perfectly peaceful thread was closed and replaced with this one"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yeah, but the reason the above thread was closed was because it takes a spine to be an owner of a website and allow your members to offer constructive criticism, without having to resort to knee jerk censorship (shutting down the thread). You know, something along the lines of this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Your thread rocks OP! Shameless self-promotion to the max! Nothing like counteracting healthy controversial discussion with useless and mindless drivel. So when is ATS opening up a "Reality Show" category?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Man..what is it with all this handwringing about ATS.. its a great site..lots of good discussions... Kind of reminds me of the sign at the city limits of a little town in Kentucky near where I am from:

"Welcome to Hartford, home of 2000 happy people and a few soreheads"

Any time you have a big group of people there are going to be a few that are soreheads and difficult to get along with.. Its just life.

We should be happy that we have such a great way for people of similar interests to get together and discuss these issues.

I can remember all too well when such a thing would be totally impossible and now here I sit in a hotel room in Zatoka Ukraine near the black sea and I can do business, talk to and see friends and relatives in the states..and keep up with all the news...and never even have to get dressed.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

Your thread rocks OP! Shameless self-promotion to the max! Nothing like counteracting healthy controversial discussion with useless and mindless drivel. So when is ATS opening up a "Reality Show" category?

I'll let you know when auditions are on

In the meantime I'll practice zazz jazz hands.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I thought about creating a new thread on how ATS'ers can't get along anymore and it's like a civil war in a place that should be peaceful. But no, I'll be humble.

ATS FOREVER!

S & F.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by NewWorldDisorder]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
for christ sake,
is this going to become a trend now...

ATS rocks, ATS sucks, ATS has cancer..

get a bloody life, this is just an open forum [ albeit full of crazies ]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
reply to post by Doc Tesla

you arent here to fix. you are here to prostitute for stars and flags because apparently December is complaint month.

Indeed, such is my motive, you've caught me out.

Thank you for your blunt honesty. I appreciate the truth when it smacks me in the face.

Now, which one of us is sarcastic? Or is it both of us? Or neither?

You decide

Hopefully you enjoyed my witty reply Zazz!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadlysponge
for christ sake,

get a bloody life, this is just an open forum [ albeit full of crazies ]

I couldn't agree more, it appears I even need to repeat myself several times throughout as people just don't seem to get it

Well I must say I am slightly disspointed my stupid thread along with the other stupid threads that don't belong in ATS general conspiracy discussions wasn't moved to rant. But closing them is the next best thing I spose

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadlysponge
for christ sake,

And *Drumroll* the biggest one of them all.

"ATS Is Having Babies!"

Just you wait. It is coming!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join