It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm getting my cat a goldfish

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
My cat get's all emotionally distraught if she's left alone for even short periods of time. A second cat is completely out of the question for many reasons.
I have a water tight, spillproof container, that has it's own base.
I figure it will give her someone to play with while I'm not at home.

Let's hear it, am I a genius
or one step away from a straitjacket?

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I know cats. Spillproof or not, that cat is going to get that fish. I had a cat remove a custom wooden latch with a brick on top of it to get to my (now deceased) ring-necked dragon.

I say its a pretty bad idea. Cats like other cats.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Sound cool, although a cat is very capable of getting into things if they wont to... Also he/she might take a liking to the electric cable to the pump/light because it's attention will already be on the tank and the fish. I used to have a car that would sit for hours staring at the fish no problem - I even had another one that used to chill out near my parrots cage, they had an odd relationship but but seemed to work.

You could also get a cat DVD? one that just loops images and sounds that cats like... No idea if they work, my cat likes one if my screen savers too much, I can't use it any more cos she messes up the desk.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Ok heres what you do.

Go out and get one of those invisible dogie fences.

Next hook up a series of pulies and wires to a random sequence to pull and push the invisible dogie fence closer and further away. The field will shorten and lengthen and change shape depending on where the sensors are located.

Put the collar on the cat, then turn it on before you leave. The cat won't know where the edge of the field is, and so will never be bored.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Just get a shelf and put it in front of a window facing some part of the yard. Put up a bird feeder that is visible from the window.

You're set.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

That's fine if you want to be "humane"

Course that could be as torturous as the time I went to the Denver Zoo and saw that they placed the Mountain Lion and Elk exhibits right across from each other.

Mountain Lions thinking: "Hey, I want to eat that."

The Elk thinking: "Hey, they want to eat us!"

[edit on 12/16/2009 by whatukno]

top topics

join