It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, GOP Spar Over Employment Plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Obama, GOP Spar Over Employment Plan

online.wsj.com

By JONATHAN WEISMAN

WASHINGTON --

President Barack Obama's push for new job-creation legislation got off to a rocky start at a closed-door White House meeting Wednesday, when he accused Republicans of rooting against recovery and Republicans shot back that his policies had frozen business hiring.

The president's pursuit of a jobs bill that could cost close to $200 billion was never likely to attract bipartisan support.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I'm sorry this is complete crap.

These idiots are shooting back and forth with nonsense, meanwhile our economy is in the crapper for more and more time.

It is about time for the politician's in Washington D.C. to get serious about helping out our country, instead of cutting our tendons.

Quote from Article :

Mr. Camp, the ranking Republican on the Ways and Means Committee, also called the Environmental Protection Agency's move to regulate "what we exhale" -- carbon dioxide -- "ludicrous."

This particular piece of information is infuriating.

If Washington D.C. wants to tax us for breathing, I say we petition the entire country, to get a law to tax stupidity.

Hell, if we did that, all of Washington D.C. would pay off our National Debt in three days.

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Boehner on the Radio: Dems’ Job-Killing Agenda is “Scaring the American People”

[edit on 10-12-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Bunch of kindergartners running this damn country. The other thing is getting under my skin is the fact that Obama can only point fingers and campaign, he hasn't done anything except spend us into an even bigger hole than we were.

Oh you should also be aware that they want to raise the national debt level by 1.8 trillion dollars. Yea I'm sure that will help.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

It is in my humble opinion that this ass clowns want to destroy America. I have said it for some time now. How do you destroy the most wealthy, most powerful, most heavily armed nation in the world? You destroy it from with-in the way Rome was destroyed by "Barbarians" from the outside and Politicians from with-in. The way the Soviet Union collapsed from corruption with-in. America will soon go that way.

Our economy in my opinion was never meant to recover, they have delayed it because they moved to fast. But when the time comes it will come fast and hard, Then a heavily armed population will rise up and attempt to eat the faces of the rich who are here and corrupt government politicians. The government will call on the UN and NATO to deploy troops to American cities to put down the insurrection.

War will come to our lands, Tens of Millions will die, from those ashes you will see a Global government emerge.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
Bunch of kindergartners running this damn country. The other thing is getting under my skin is the fact that Obama can only point fingers and campaign, he hasn't done anything except spend us into an even bigger hole than we were.

Oh you should also be aware that they want to raise the national debt level by 1.8 trillion dollars. Yea I'm sure that will help.

Constantly and consistantly screwing our country.

More and more each day I see our country going down the tubes.

Why can't we get politician's who actually care and not con-artists?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

A global government? I don't think so. There are far too many well-armed Americans who will not go down like that. If the UN or NATO countries are dumb enough to send their young men into America to die, there will be plenty of Americans willing to grant them their wish.

Remember, in the Book of Revelations, the good guys win!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
What jobs? jobs in minimum wages that will last as long as the stimulus is been fed once is over bye bye jobs, what happen to the last stimulus.

Sorry but the waste and abuse of tax payer money in this nation is building a shrinking noose on the necks of our children for generations to come.

This nation is not going to prosper and people will not see the end of the recession and poverty until a strong industrial base is brought back, the so call "stimulus for small businesses" are not going to help struggling families with offering of minimum wage jobs, and still we the tax payer are left with the bill as usual.

Moron and greedy bastards is what we have in congress.!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

You and me both, these leftest economic policies need to go into the ash heap of history pronto. We will be lucky if our creditors decide to even fund our debt at this point I don't see them funding people that are only going to continue to drive us in the ground.

How long will it be before they cut and run?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Of course but not before alot of Good guys die... I do belive that this is what will become of us.. I could be wrong and I could be buying into the doom and gloom.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

It is in my humble opinion that this ass clowns want to destroy America. I have said it for some time now. How do you destroy the most wealthy, most powerful, most heavily armed nation in the world? You destroy it from with-in the way Rome was destroyed by "Barbarians" from the outside and Politicians from with-in. The way the Soviet Union collapsed from corruption with-in. America will soon go that way.

I wrote a thread on Bush screwing our economy long before Obama took office.

Political Collusion of a President and Congress in Collapsing America, The Fall of the New Rome

Our economy in my opinion was never meant to recover, they have delayed it because they moved to fast. But when the time comes it will come fast and hard, Then a heavily armed population will rise up and attempt to eat the faces of the rich who are here and corrupt government politicians. The government will call on the UN and NATO to deploy troops to American cities to put down the insurrection.

I agree with you 100%.

The Creature from Jekyll Island : A Second Look at the Federal Reserve

Where'd The Bailout Money Go? Shhhh, It's A Secret

War will come to our lands, Tens of Millions will die, from those ashes you will see a Global government emerge.

Come by and see if you can contribute.

A White House Jobs and Economic Growth Forum Discussion : Hosted By Yours Truly

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

A global government? I don't think so. There are far too many well-armed Americans who will not go down like that. If the UN or NATO countries are dumb enough to send their young men into America to die, there will be plenty of Americans willing to grant them their wish.

Remember, in the Book of Revelations, the good guys win!

This is exactly what Washington D.C. wants though, for people to pick up guns.

The good guys might win but not before enough of them are murdered.

Are You "Right-Wing Fringe", or "Left-Wing Fringe" and How Will They Push You

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

No, the part about war is correct - you were incorrect regarding the outcome. That's all!

And yes, they had to slow the collapse. They realized quickly that if they brought the whole system down in one fell swoop, they would be hanging by their necks from the streetlights. What they don't yet realize is that they are STILL going to be hanging by their necks from the streetlights. They have only managed to prolong their miserable lives a bit longer. Each day more and more people are waking up to the reality that the game is over. When we reach a tipping point (I'm willing to bet it will be toward the middle of 2010), the civil unrest will start and then it's on!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
What jobs? jobs in minimum wages that will last as long as the stimulus is been fed once is over bye bye jobs, what happen to the last stimulus.

Sorry but the waste and abuse of tax payer money in this nation is building a shrinking noose on the necks of our children for generations to come.

This nation is not going to prosper and people will not see the end of the recession and poverty until a strong industrial base is brought back, the so call "stimulus for small businesses" are not going to help struggling families with offering of minimum wage jobs, and still we the tax payer are left with the bill as usual.

Moron and greedy bastards is what we have in congress.!!!!!!!

I agree with you 100%.

What we need is a change in Washington D.C. of the whole lot of them.

Get rid of them through running them out of office.

This is nothing more than a giant Ponzi scheme.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I know, you are right, because as we have witnessed, our own political system and from congress to president is been taken over, they have their hand ties but only to bend to those with the strings and big pocket books.

I agree that many wants nothing more than a people revolution and insurrection that will shake the corrupted and greedy roots that has taken over our "peoples government" and you are right, the streets of this nation will run red again.

But what else can we do, electing governments doesn't help anymore, only shaking the foundations of corruption can do something, then we will have to deal wight the UN that probably will come to the rescue of their financiers as we the people are nothing but terrorist.

This nation and what goes on in the world is an ugly and nasty affair that many have no clue how deep it runs.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The problem lies in the fact that the economy can't just be fixed. It would require an almost total overhaul of the entire system, a return to domestic industrial production and the imprisonment of criminal CEOs to name a few. The problem we are facing now is that we have reached the point of just pushing numbers around. If we don't produce anything, most of the available jobs are service industry jobs and most of the money that goes into these corporations ends up over seas or in private accounts there is just no possible way the economy can get any better. It's ok to eat the crops from the fields but at a certain point you're going to need to replant and right now we have no seeds.

Right now we're hoping for the best outcome from a street war waged by two violent gangs of criminals, keeping our fingers crossed that our protection fees won't get so high as to keep us from making a profit.

If it makes you feel any better, the politicians aren't really in control of the country.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

=) I diddnt mention the outcome just what was to come... But yes 2010 is a year that I have heard about very often. But then again how many times hav we heard Prediction dates?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I would certainly support one of McCain's proposals at the moment: FREEZE SPENDING. PERIOD. Painful, but at this point I think it is necessary. We need an economic restart. Not what they are doing now which is just propping the economy up with freshly printed dollars, hope, and hot-air.

One of the biggest problems right now is that nobody is actually stopping the bleeding.

They are simply throwing more and more BORROWED money at a problem without doing anything to stop the slide.

Further, which is what I think a lot of the non-USA residents don't realize is that many of us that were considered middle-class still are -- without the same amount of funds to back it up.

Our costs are escalating, our income is reducing, and with no end in sight.

The working class is being expected to pay more and more with less. It is just not sustainable and when it bottoms out -- it is going to be terrible.

Nobody quite seems to get the problem with squeezing the Middle Class into oblivion.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

You don't know how happy it makes me to find people in this nation that knows what is going on, with our government and our economy and the corruption behind the scenes.

I lost hope for any change when I saw Obama looking completely defeated after learning that he was no in charge in this nation.

He has become just like his predecessors nothing but a puppet, a yes man to their wishes.

Thanks for keeping my faith on my fellow Americans still, because sometimes after reading some of the post when it comes to this nations sad hopes for political parties and candidates I just feel that we are doom.

Yes I should keep positive that is more people like me that actually see the deceptions on how this nation is been brought to its knees because of corruption at the expenses of our children future.

We are beyond politics or candidates anymore, the economy is not going to change without jobs meaninful jobs will not come without restructuring of trade laws, putting more burden on top of the population with corrupted bills and mandates is just making more people wake up in their desperation to the realities of what really is going on with our fake government.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I understand how you feel Marg, it does usually seem that you are alone in a raft, afloat on a sea of ignorant fools. You can't really blame them though, they are simply not awake, their hearts are in the right place. As much as I hate to say that it is "Us vs Them" it really seems to be the case these days. There are those that live above the rest of us, in a separate world, those that make more in one year than ten of us would make in 100.

I feel that people are beginning to wake up though, I feel that it's all become so obvious that it's hard for anyone to honestly deny what is going on. In fact, people have been warning us the entire time, when more and more jobs were sent overseas, when our industry was moved to other countries, when unique businesses were swallowed up by sameness.

Perhaps we can take some solace in the idea that this can only go on for so long, that the thieves can only rob us for so long before there is nothing left to steal. I have no idea what will be left or what will happen when they finally reach the end, perhaps it will be akin to the fall of Rome, perhaps it's the beginning of global governance and a global monetary system.

All I know is that the goons at the top are devious and very good at what they're doing.

top topics

join