It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE LORD Jesus Christ vs. the MAYANS! Whose side are you on?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

Hey there Ridhya,

Absolutely agree ... but as is blatently obvious people tend to be stuck in a particular thought form ... and hey that's fine.

Just makes me wonder why the OP asked a specific question without any intention of consideration for the other side of the debate ... seems a little bit pointless.

Personally I believe Jesus Christ existed as a political activist who spoke out against the Romans and they didn't like it very much.

The Bible per-se ... raises some interesting topics but I don't believe it was ever intended to be taken literally ... back in the day points were made sybolically, so that even the peasants could understand (bit like Jesus' parablles *sp (or party political broadcasts) ... symbollic not literal IMHO.

Even if he did 'appear' to do these things (walk on water / water to wine etc) back then ... and he promised his return ... how come people don't believe the likes of Deren Brown are not the returned Jesus Christ ... he can perform the same illusions.

I guess like others here have already mentioned ... why are people convinced he was the 'real deal'.

And if he was, even his present-day followers would not believe him if he did return ... in fact I'd make a small wager that the 'believers' would be the loudest to shout HOAX.

Finally, how can anyone take the bible literally when it has been re-written / added to / detracted from, so many times since the original document (written by men) first surfaced.

None of it really adds up ... but again as other posters have said we have hard historical evidence that the Mayans existed !

Woody

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

You ready to join the winning side?

[edit on 6-12-2009 by OldThinker]

You sound like a Yankees fan.

So the winning side is the one that is most proficient with the slaughter of hundreds of thousands of dissenters? And by dissenters I of course mean anyone with a differing belief.

If you were from a different part of the world and were playing these games with a different religion, I'm 100% certain you'd be on a fanatic terrorist watch list.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Why is this even in General Conspiracy?

Its not a conspiracy, it is a religious question.

There is no proof that a man called Jesus lived, and no proof that the Mayan calendar ends in 2012

So where pray tell is the conspiracy??

# it, I'm outa here

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Matthew 24:36

NO one…not even JESUS!

Not you, not me, not even the smartest founder or posters on ATS…

BUT........................

BUT?

The Mayans say 2012?

How could they know? JC said NO ONE would know, was JC wrong? Pls enlighten OT, ok?

Are they right? the Mayans, that is?

CAVEAT! This thread is not for “trolls”…move along, move along…ok?

This discussion is for those researchers that have data/backup/info…alright?

OT simply asks, “who is right?” and/or "are you ready for the inevitable??"

Jesus Christ didnt say no one would know not even himself "his father THE REAL CREATOR NOT SMART SPACE BUGS said that" So his SON WOULD BE SAFE FROM LARATA SPY ANGELS WHO would sell him out to the BAD ANGELS as they did in rome in the past SMH. This is in reference to when THE LORD JESUS CHRIST RETURNS/AWAKENS, NOT THE CATACLYSM THE CATACLYSMs ARE THE "3 WOES" THE MAYAN/EGYPTIAN/HOPI INDIANS/NOSTRADAMUS/ANCIENT CHINESE ARE TALKING ABOUT. 3 WOES FOR THE INHABITANTS OF THE EARTH "3" REVELATIONS 8:13 EAGLE FLYING CRYING OUT TO THE INHABITANTS OF EARTH -WOE-WOE-WOE 3 DESTRUCTIVE ENCOUNTERS friends 9:12 FIRST WOE PAST 2 LEFT. MAYANS ARE VERY SMART DONT DISCREDIT THEM friends.

[edit on 12/7/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Ok,second verse,same song.
The long count calendar was only one method of keeping up with the movements of the spheres.
They also had CROSSES. Holy Moses, did I say CROSSES?Yup.
The crosses were positioned to catch certain stars on their arms at certain locations.
If the Long Count Calendar was the Rolex Submariner of the time,the THREE CROSSES were at least a Timex that kept the date as well as the hour(and might have had little dots of Radium at all the numbers so it'd be readable at night).
These crosses are not only physicaly real,they are painted on a fresco which details one of the keepers of the Citidel of Science looking out the window,and the crosses are included in the detail of the windows.
Odd the way they did it,but it works,you can set up a system of crosses to alert you to the equinoxes and solsti.
Really.
It's sort of like a more animated sun dial that uses the sun,the moon,and some other heavenly bodies to track what was where,because as the old saying goes"as in the heavens, so on the earth below".
Sometimes old adages are remarkable for their insights.
Ok,I was going to tell you about the vision because during the experience I saw glass cities on a gold lighted world, then I found a window which was triangular in shape,and I could look through it and see other worlds and sometimes folks,or critters or other something or the others looking back at me,but they were not on the world I was on,don't know how I knew that, I just did.
Evidently humans didn't get to the window very often because there was a marked increase in others gazing at me as I gazed at them and their worlds/city/whatever.
I won't go into the apperance of these other folks,except to say there is a LOT of variation in others who looked through the window.
Ok.After the window I was invited by a being who motioned for me to go in a certain direction almost exactly as the Japanese do,except his/her/it's extremeties (as the rest of it) were definitely NOT JAPANESE.
Suddenly I was in a globe shaped glass bubble with my new friend.
In less time than it took to type this sentence we arrived at a very dark world.We were near ground level when we arrived at an extremely tall wall of some black substance that seemed like a mineral from my perspective, the unusual thing about it if you don't think an impossibly tall wall that seemed to go on infinitly was this;Every 1/4 mile was a cross of the same black material, but cut to facets and polished to an even more lustrious finish than the unending wall.
The crosses seemed about four miles up and the arms were about three miles across,they were about a quarter of a mile apart looking at the arm tips,perfectly aligned.
I was shocked.
John the Revelator describes Heaven a lot different,with lots of fire under the Throne of God and angels round-about saying glory,glory,glory,it seems like God really likes being praised since he created the angels,and to have em all around saying glory to thee most high God ect for eternity seems kind of,well,like an ego problem.
Maybe John the Revelator was having problems describing the scene,sort of like Crazy Zeke.
Anyway,this world was so dark I don't think fire could exist on it,the bubble had very bright optics, but though it was transparent you could not even see an inch outside without using the optic window (again the triangle shape).
We zipped along the wall at a speed that I could see it was the same for several hundred miles I think.Then we shot up and up,and up,I don't know how high,but the wall formed a dome, with a huge black cross on it.
Then we returned to the gold glass city on the golden hued world.I was sort of a curiosity to the others like my pilot(no engine or controls at all) and one motioned that it would like to touch me,they were very polite,it's touch was like wet silk wrapped on foam rubber,well over my body temp.
Strange huh?woke up here.Anyway,Mayans didn't predict doom,merely the end of a repeating cycle.choice=null.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnivea
It seems you are incapable of posting anything that's not totally slanted toward your King James version of Peter Pan. Why are you even posting on here? I took the liberty of finding you a forum more suited to your line of "thinking."

I read the King James Bible,inspired word of God,everyday.I am not
aware of ATS being for non-christians only.If a new rule has been added,
I need to update my newbies thread!
Thank-you for the link,I added it to my favorite list.It will be refreshing
to read posts without a lot of cuss words in them!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor

BUT........................

The Mayans say 2012?

How could they know? JC said NO ONE would know, was JC wrong? Pls enlighten OT, ok?

OT simply asks, “who is right?” and/or "are you ready for the inevitable??"

The Mayans never predicted a date for a "change in consciousness/end of the world." As others have pointed out, this is simply the end of the cycle and it's being taken advantage of by scammers and people interested in living in dramatic and life-changing armageddon/civilization collapse times. One presumes it's because People They Don't Like will get wiped off the planet while People They Agree With will be prepared and will survive.

For the record, there's a number of Mayan dates (written in stone) that are larger than 2012... so the Mayans would be busy recarving (printing, actually) new calendars.

The world will end sometime in the future when our Sun becomes a red giant and swallows up the inner planets. The lineage of homo sapiens will likely survive this (although whether the species is still something we would call "homo sapiens sapiens" is debatable.)

And I deconverted from Christianity after reading the Bible (cover to cover) five or six times (yes, the whole thing, including all the laws and the types of offerings and the lineages.) I own four different copies (my favorite is still the KJV) and refer to Blue Letter Bible and other resources to settle arguments -- so I'm not ignorant of what it says. I simply deconverted after noticing a lot (but not all) of the stuff mentioned on this site ( www.skepticsannotatedbible.com... ). So I don't believe any of the prophecies of Jesus.

So... "neither" is the answer.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

So did you just leave out the next few verses by accident or just to give your post some creditability?

We all know that Enoch and Elias will prophesies in the streets of Jerusalem before Jesus comes so that will give us a very good idea. Damascus, Syria will also be wiped out just before in the Gog-Magog war.

Their are many signs that will show us when as stated in the bible.

Perry Stone gave an excellent time line from the bible that shows that Jesus will sit on his thrown in Jerusalem on Christmas day in 2012.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I think Jesus was a disciple for the very same God described by the Mayans and almost every other major religion. If you send an "interpreter", a representative, a last chance, even your own Son, to deliver a crucial message to people who may have not "gotten/understood" the SPIRITUAL connection that the Mayans and others did, you would make sure this messenger fit in with his people and spoke their language.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I think the mayans were aware of a certain creative principle. I think Christ was both aware of a creative principle and a reconciliating principle. The mayans being aware of the ties that bind, and Christ being aware of how to unravel dangerous ties. This is certainly not the whole story, as language is in and of itself a measure of control. Life always finds a way out of nefarious control. Quite frankly, I am not sure of exactly what the Mayans knew. However, they did engage in many acts of sacrifice, so I am regarding a tree by the fruits it produces here. Regardless, the stronger a principle that usurps free will grows, a counter always emerges. I believe Christ to be above the clashing angles, iun tune with the "whole," the holy spirit, if that makes sense.

And those of you judging OT: I do not see OT as seeking vainglory. I see him as seeking truth. I do not view him as the enemy. Be careful of the labels you place on another. Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by orwellianunenlightenment

And those of you judging OT: I do not see OT as seeking vainglory. I see him as seeking truth. I do not view him as the enemy. Be careful of the labels you place on another. Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it.

Thank you for that, sometimes we like to label things we don't understand...so many tend to put on ALL others in with those that they think are I am SIMILIAR with....those negative religious experiences of the past...

I'll keep plugging away...it is a shame the thread was moved, so a few got what they wanted...to religate the old guy obsolete....shameful and sad, for sure.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Thank you for your thoughts here..

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

So did you just leave out the next few verses by accident or just to give your post some creditability?

We all know that Enoch and Elias will prophesies in the streets of Jerusalem before Jesus comes so that will give us a very good idea. Damascus, Syria will also be wiped out just before in the Gog-Magog war.

Their are many signs that will show us when as stated in the bible.

Perry Stone gave an excellent time line from the bible that shows that Jesus will sit on his thrown in Jerusalem on Christmas day in 2012.

Of course not, why? The fact that there are signs is not the thread purpose. NO ONE will know is still a central truth, even with the other verses friend.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Nice post Byrd, very glad you joined. Altho I disagree, you know.

OT

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

"I'll keep plugging away...it is a shame the thread was moved, so a few got what they wanted...to religate the old guy obsolete....shameful and sad, for sure."

"So a few got what they wanted"? "To religate the old guy obsolete....shameful and sad"?

What is it with you and your ego? You now want to blame some of the members for something they didn`t do? The Mods. are the ones who moved this topic, no one else did. Why the need to feel that your always right?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

Just keep watching friend....

Why are you mentioning my ego again?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

Also try hitting the "quote" button to the left of the "reply" button and you can leave the original quote there...just start you reply after the last quote ok?

test it, after you have tried it, hit the "preview" button....you can see if it looks as you want it

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FiatLux

What is it with you and your ego?....

Here's an example

OT

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch
reply to post by Ridhya

Hey there Ridhya,

Absolutely agree ... but as is blatently obvious people tend to be stuck in a particular thought form ... and hey that's fine.

Just makes me wonder why the OP asked a specific question without any intention of consideration for the other side of the debate ... seems a little bit pointless. Woody

What have I not entertained? Not considered?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch
.......Finally, how can anyone take the bible literally when it has been re-written / added to / detracted from, so many times since the original document (written by men) first surfaced.

None of it really adds up ... but again as other posters have said we have hard historical evidence that the Mayans existed !
Woody

The empty tomb?

That's pretty hard evidence, huh?

Dozens of followers allowing themselves to be killed?

That's pretty hard huh?

OT

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join