It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

before ya'll bash our soldiers

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover
reply to post by vermonster

1/3 of your earnings? Seriously?

But, now that you bring that up. Instead of lambasting our soldiers and accusing them of being wrong for fighting what you think is an unjust war, why don't you show us what a big man you are and refuse to pay those taxes and contribute, financially, to that unjust war? If you won't do that, then you are being a hypocrite for not taking a stand, like you demand of others.

i don't pay federal income tax. never have. it is unconstitutional.

thats not just my idea either. i did my homework.

heres a good starting point for you. its called cracking the code by peter eric hendrickson. give it a read.

sorry there isn't a quick youtube version for you.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainfall
reply to post by wx4caster

Hi wx4caster,

Sorry I could not read you post, "paragraph breaks" makes it sooo much easier to read...

But if you could sum it up in one sentence, that would be appreciated...

i added some paragraph breaks so maybe it wont be too hard for you to read a few hundred words...

enjoy, and make sure you really read it. i want it to sink in...

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by vermonster

1/3 of your earnings? Seriously?

But, now that you bring that up. Instead of lambasting our soldiers and accusing them of being wrong for fighting what you think is an unjust war, why don't you show us what a big man you are and refuse to pay those taxes and contribute, financially, to that unjust war? If you won't do that, then you are being a hypocrite for not taking a stand, like you demand of others.

i don't pay federal income tax. never have. it is unconstitutional.

thats not just my idea either. i did my homework.

heres a good starting point for you. its called cracking the code by peter eric hendrickson. give it a read.

sorry there isn't a quick youtube version for you.

so not only are you too much of a coward to join the cause, but you are so greasy that you dont even pay taxes? i bet you enjoy having a road to drive on, or traffic lights, and so on and all the other things that income taxes pay for, yet again, you show that you want the benifits, but dont want to pay for them.

nevermind, i dont want you in my military. people like you get other people killed just to stay breathing.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by wx4caster]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

its not your military lil' guy and federal income taxes do not pay for roads, thats why we have state taxes.

read.

turn tv off.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

So what the hell was that "1/3 of my earnings" crap? Dude, you have some serious honesty issues.

To all those on this thread who serve, have served and/or have sons or daughters serving, thank you. And, I want to apologize for the inconsiderate, ungrateful and disgraceful comments by some here.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Thank you Amercian Soldiers. Thank you Veterans. Thank you for fighting for our freedoms that we have today. None of you have to take the ungrateful greedy arrogant scums of this country that spit at you, and degrade you in every shape and form.

Thank you for putting your lives at risk for what this country use to stand for. Thank you. God bless you all.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

its not your military lil' guy and federal income taxes do not pay for roads, thats why we have state taxes.

read.

turn tv off.

see that is something that you just dont understand.

for those of us who actually deserve the title of military, it is our military. Ask any marine, whos corps is it, he will respond "my corps!"

my navy, my army, this mans military.

see when you go to boot camp. (which is an accomplishment you will never understand) they teach you pride and ownership and brotherhood. one team. we are all a team, and this team belongs to us all, therefore if something is not right, then because you own it, it is yor responsibility to fix it.

but for someone who shirks on taxes and is too scared to enlist, i shouldnt expect you to understand why it IS my military.

and for taxes, are you going to really set there and tell me that you dont enjoy the benifits of anything that federal taxes pay for? semantics do not make you less guilty of complacency.

and i do read. i would wager more than you. because on my 12 hour watchees, when there is nothing to do, because TV is secured, and conversation is secured, sometimes all you have is a book.

but i wouldnt expect you to understand what a 12 hour watch is either. you probably think you wear it

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

federal income taxes do not pay for roads, thats why we have state taxes.

read.

turn tv off.

Interstate Highways usually receive substantial federal funding (90% federal and 10% state)

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

Read. Turn off the wii.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Ok, can we all be civil enough to thank the OP for his post and then perhaps continue this debate in another thread? We can disagree in a thread where the topic we are off into now is the genuine topic

Thanks again felonius. Loved the poem and agree 100%...again.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by wx4caster
reply to post by rainfall

They smell the stench of burnt mud houses and body odor mixed with sulphur and the iron tange of blood, thier blood, and you smell the wonderful aroma of daily commute and cigarettes.

Huh??

Well, I finally read your post.....Getting through that mess with no paragraph breaks was hell, but I did it.....

And all I can say is...Huh.??...

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ch1ldofthe70s

Agreed. Thanks felonius for a good thread. I just can't sit idly by and not defend those who defend me and mine. Deny ignorance, you know.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainfall

Originally posted by wx4caster
reply to post by rainfall

They smell the stench of burnt mud houses and body odor mixed with sulphur and the iron tange of blood, thier blood, and you smell the wonderful aroma of daily commute and cigarettes.

Huh??

Well, I finally read your post.....Getting through that mess with no paragraph breaks was hell, but I did it.....

And all I can say is...Huh.??...

just as i expected....

you judge our military and say that karma will get them for what they are doing overseas but you would do the same thing in those circumstances.

so everytime you do something during the day, until you can appreciate what it is like over there, imagine what those daily tasks would be like in iraq.

you put on a shirt, some kid is donning his kevlar.

you start your car, som kid is driving an armored truck waiting for the road to blow up.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

why are you proud of laying your arse on the line so some fatcats can make a buck tho?
because they tell you its in the name of freedom?
occupying a country in the name of freedom?
ooh, what irony eh?

something i will never understand i guess.

maybe i will enlist and find out.

nah, plenty of other saps to fill those foolish shoes.

thank you for your service .........to the king.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Maybe the only way out of this "endless" war is to do what they did to end the Vietnam war which is for everybody to make a sign and go outside and protest. This war is immoral and stupid and based on a BIG lie, not just a lie but a BIG lie called 911. The govt thinks we are stupid, they think they can drag out a war for over ten years and everybody bows. And so far we're bowing lower than Obama.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

read.

turn tv off.

Interstate Highways usually receive substantial federal funding (90% federal and 10% state)

Read. Turn off the wii.

you do know what the word interstate means right?

our interstate highway systems are for the rapid mobiliztion of our military forces.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The Democrats exploited the anti-war issues until their jerk won the election, now the Republicans are still backing the war. What does it take to get people to wake up and smell the coffee. We need to end this war. We need to take back our country.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

i will tell you why i am proud.

because no matter who is profiting from what war, i know that i have stood up and answered the call of this country, a call that has been cried since before this was a country.

the call has not changed over time, just the people in charge.

i joine when bush was just becoming president, and i will be in long after obama.

not every single thing that the military does is to benifit evil coorporations. what about the tsunami relief in taiwan? or how about the relief aid for the chinese earthquake?

we do humanitarian aide all over the world.

i helped clean up after katrina. i volunteer not only for my military, but also for habitat for humanity, i am a local fire and rescue volunteer.

you see, i understand the basic principle that we will be stronger standing together and helping one another than we are as a single person trying to survive... I am all for helping those who want to help themselves, but if i volunteer to help a thousand people, and only one person is deserving, then i am happy to have helped that one person, and it was all worth it.

but you wont understand that either. greediness does not allow for compassion. great for businessmen, horrible for human kindness.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

read.

turn tv off.

Read. Turn off the wii.

you do know what the word interstate means right?

our interstate highway systems are for the rapid mobiliztion of our military forces.

how many times have the interstates been used for the rapid mobilization of troops?

now how many times do americans use the interstate for daily commute...

i rest my case

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

you sound like a stand up guy. your convitions ring very true. i would vote for you to be my president based on what you just said.

so i see how you feel and why you fight, but i don't understand how you could kill others and risk your life knowing that its for finnancial profit.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

200 million people being taxed out of one third of their income.

thats a lot of interstates, jeeze.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join