It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has any ARMY member had the suposide "FLU" shot....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Im in the army and my unit just got the FLU shot or atleast thats what it was called. We recived the shot last saturday and iv been sick off my butt and the bad thing was when i went to the dr that fallowing monday he told me there was nothing wrong with me. i went from vomiting to runinging a high fever to coughing and not waning to go to work but i did and i was a zombie the whole time there. has any other member of the armed forces got a shot that the side affects are similar if not just like mine and if so what shot did you get or were told you were geting. I also had blood drawn and now there telling me sompthing is wrong with my liver. MILITARY MEMBERS-- please be aware of what you are taking. i dont want to see anyone end up the way i have. if any ATS members know what this is please let me know. we are told really nothing unless it is on a need to know basis and then that is questionable.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I've been refusing the flu shot for years. Luckily, I'm in a unit where the medics on my team can give most of the immunizations so I get away with saying "no." I have gotten them in the past and they always made me sick....really sick. I went to SRC a couple of weeks ago and was told that I had to take the current "flu" shot and H1N1...they made me fill out a questionnaire and talk to a PA for "screening" before getting the shots and I told them that they made me so sick that I would be bed-ridden for days if I took them. They gave me the normal speech about how the shot "isn't supposed to" or "can't" make you sick, but I insisted that it was nearly fatal for me so they put a fat "MP," which stands for "Medical Permanent" in my med records resulting in me never taking another flu shot. I was even given the option to get nasal sprays instead, but I refused. I felt like I won a major battle that day. The problem with Army doctors is that they don't give a $%^t. I have repeatedly been told on numerous occasions that there was nothing wrong with me, or that I was "dehydrated," when it turned out to be much worse. I went to the doctors 3 times in two weeks a couple of years back and was told that I had a cold, then that I was dehydrated, then that I had a sinus infection. Finally, I got so sick that I went to the ER and found out that I had a severe case of Pneumonia. I had to be put on breathing machines for a couple of hours. If I were you, I would go to the ER, to a civilian doc, demand a second opinion, which you can do. Tri-Care allows you to see a civilian doc for a second opinion if you feel that you aren't being treated properly. You just need to call the office of your clinic and tell them that you want to see someone else. They'll tell you what to do. Oh, and some of the guys that ended up taking the flu shot that I refused are really sick, too. I'm sure you'll get over it, but I wouldn't suggest you taking that shot again.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I am in the Air Force and I refused the flu vaccine unless they could provide a completely additive free one. Interestingly enough, our PA (physicians assistant) referred me to a doctor that actually had a few in supply. The military WILL actually do this for you if you make an issue of it. I ultimately had to tell my PA that I was allergic to MSG. Once they hear that, they have to provide an alternative.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Sorry sir, I am allergic to eggs and their is no vaccine they can give you.

This works every time.

Just make sure they never see you eating the eggs.

I think 3/4 of all vaccines are tested on the military.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Hey outlaw, I'm not in the military nor will I take the shot. I just wanted to say that I hope you get better soon. I had noticed your absence here on ATS, getter better soon bud!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I'm also an Air Force guy and have never had an adverse reaction to the vaccines they provide, however my unit has yet to recieve the H1N1 vaccine but I will probably take it when they offer it. If anything is in the vaccine, I'd rather start building an immunity to it now... if its that insidious they will probably start gassing us all soon anyway.

Between annual flu shots, anthrax boosters, smallpox vaccines, typhoid innoculations, annual blood tests, and all the other stuff I've already been exposed to how much worse off can I really be?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
well i tell ya i never been so sick in my life till i got that shot. im still not feeling worth a flip. i got it last year also and i had spent almost 2 months in bed. i never go to the army dr. or th
e hospitals on post anymore after my last deployment issues with the army at ft. mccoy. those people are retards. worse thing is i went to see a civilian dr and i think he was a LTC (lt. colonial) sorry about the spelling feeling to sick to fix right now. but i think he was in the national guard and when i told him i refuse to go to any army dr that they are all a bunch of QUACKS just using us as experaments he got pissy and dident want to help me. then i just got a letter in the mail because they took blood tests and it said i have somphting wrong with my liver. i never had so many medical issues untill i jointed the military.

i also noticed there is a lot of AF (AIR FORCE) replys on here ty. kinda funny how im not seeing a lot of ARMY or MARINES on here. when i get the chance ill post a video on why we dont need shots inthe army.

new topics

top topics

join