It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Group promoting climate skepticism has extensive ties to Exxon-Mobil

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Group promoting climate skepticism has extensive ties to Exxon-Mobil

rawstory.com

A group promoting skepticism over widely-accredited climate change science has a web of connections to influential oil giant Exxon-Mobil, Raw Story has found.

An investigation into the group reveals its numerous links to Exxon-Mobil, a vehement opponent of climate legislation and notorious among scientists for funding global warming skeptics

"Exxon-Mobil essentially funds people to lie,"
"It's important for people to understand that they pay off the overwhelming majority of groups in the
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

"To call global warming a hoax is to question every scientific journal, every scientific academy, and buy into the most extreme conspiracy theories," Romm said.

Umm... no not really

At the end of the day if they want to promote global warming in such an honest manner then why profit from it so much.

So Al Gore made no money off the global warming campaign?

And what about the copenhagen issue?
Do they have to use it to go closer to a world gov.t?

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
You don't have to take my word for it on this but it seems to be diversionary tactics. . . trying to keep it muddled so they can keep drudging on with the plan

putting the issue down so to speak

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
So all us manmade climate change deniers are in the pockets of the oil industry?

I feel cheated! Where is my moola for denying, I demand payment.

Just another smear job to try and portray everyone not accepting the propaganda as a shill for the polluters and other corporate interests.
Sure, there are such people / groups with a paid agenda to follow, but that does not make all who do not accept the official line cronies of the oil corps. Both sides of the argument have their big money interests to protect, and neither care about the science, just the influence they peddle and their personal wealth, unlike the rest of us, with no monetary interests, who just plainly recognise a scam when see one.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Large multi national companies are making millions of pounds / dollars a year, simply by jumping on the Global warming band wagon and trying to promote their goods and services as green and carbon friendly.

One of my big bug bears is the proliferation of land based wind farms, which have been proven to be inefficient, expensive and when the manufacturing and installation process are taken in to consideration, very carbon unfriendly!

Why are these wind farms built???....Simple....the government pay huge subsidies to the companies constructing these sites.

I think that the science behind the global warming scam is floored. Yes we need new sources of energy, but efficient ones which remove peoples reliance on the grid which is supplied by large multi nationals. That's why no government will ever allow the technology to allow individuals to be self sufficient in power generation on a large scale.

Good luck to Exxon Mobile I say. the soon this whole myth is debunked the better!

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I call global warming a hoax and It has nothing to do with Exxon Mobil supposed promotion.

It has to do with research, investigation, pleanty of historical accounts and the fact that behind the global warming bill is a few thousand lobbyist from all the groups that will be profiteering from the tax payer in the nation to make profits on the hoax.

That is why I call it a hoax.

Plain and simple.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I love "webs of connections." Like some guys 5th cousins college roomates half brother had an ex girlfriend who was the adopted daughter of a couple who lived next door to a guy who once sent an email asking somebody over Exxon why there were two "x's" in the name "Exxon."

I wonder if they pulled out the Glenn Beck chalkboard.

Then there's the whole U.N. climate guys faking research and using it to promote global economic and legislative changes. But the Exxon thing is totally appalling.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
But from their recent advertising campaign, they are helping to save the planet in an environmental way. whos lying here?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
You got to be kidding me, has anybody looked at the sums of money they were given? It maybe adds up to a total of 5 million. Meanwhile the grants that the climate "scientist" have been given add up in the Billions.

I agree with the other poster, this is nothing but a distraction. This is a non-story.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

The glenn beck chalkboard left glenn beck dumbfounded -goes to watch that video again-

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

guys check this out
click on the link

Jon Stewart: Poor Al Gore, global warming completely debunked by the very Internet you invented!

Stewart continued, "It's nothing, he was just using a trick .. to hide the decline. It's just scientist speak for using a standard statistical technique recalibrating data in order to ... trick you ... into not knowing about ... the decline.

But here's what's great about science, in disagreements we go back and look at the raw data (clip showing data destroyed) ... Oh for fxxxks sake! Why would you throw out raw data from the 80's ... I still have Penthouses from the 70's!

www.webpronews.com...

Click on the link and watch the video

Don't you love Jon?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Yeah, they're just trying to change the subject and deflect attention away from this whole 'Climategate' scandal. When in doubt, they always kick the oil industry. Everyone hates Exxon anyway, right?

But one thing is for sure: the leadership of the AGW movement doesn't stand to make any money at all off of this stuff. No sir.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I've always been fairly skeptical of the whole global warming thing, and I have no ties to anyone (thus why I have difficulty finding descent job, but that's another story
) Granted, I do not believe that huge underwater landfills are beneficial or helpful to the ecology (yes, it causes problems). But I can't seem to "get over" that fact that the earth is constantly changing and evolving along with everything on it. The changes it undergoes may seem to be slow moving processes to us, but we have not been around as long as the planet.

Eventhough, we know that there have been major changes on the planet including everything from land formations, climate, and the life on it. It seems to me that some humans are simply trying to stagnate the natural occurrences. Many species of life came and were extinct long before we had any impact on the environment or before humans existed at all, its simply one of the fascinating things about our little blue ball.

Actual human interference in the environment has been going on for what around 200 yrs, and the planet has been around for billions most likely. I think it is the ego of the human that makes so many believe that we are the most important thing and everything has to do with us. It doesn't. If we were causing such a huge disruption in the processes of the planet, we would be extinct as well.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Of course. This is what is called "dis-information" put out there to cast doubt on the genuine accurate and truthful studies that show beyond any doubt our climate is warming quickly thanks to man made pollutants/emissions.
They have used these same "dis-information" methods (throw a bunch of useless crap out there to confuse people) to de-rail the whole UFO debate and turn it from a subject of serious study into a running joke about little green men.
At least that is what they try to accomplish. Unfortunately there are plenty of mushy dough brained fools out there who believe them!

I am fairly certain the majority of people who jump on this bandwagon and deny Earth's climate is changing due to man made interference do not have children. After all, they have nothing to lose if they are wrong.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by rusethorcain]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
But from their recent advertising campaign, they are helping to save the planet in an environmental way. whos lying here?

I don't think it's misleading or lying at all.

It is completely true.

Gas is one of the most clean fuels and gas is what will be fueling much of the 21st century.

[edit on 3/12/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I call global warming a hoax and It has nothing to do with Exxon Mobil supposed promotion.

It has to do with research, investigation, pleanty of historical accounts and the fact that behind the global warming bill is a few thousand lobbyist from all the groups that will be profiteering from the tax payer in the nation to make profits on the hoax.

That is why I call it a hoax.

Plain and simple.

I would have said it the same, well put, The thing that bothers me, is that not enough people are talking about the real issue, that of Global cooling, and the potential damage that is going to have on life on the planet. That has more of an impact than any kind of warming there may or may not be, the fact is, its nothing to do with man, its all about a global cycle, and people are not ready for it, i fear the worst, if this doesn't get out soon enough.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Oh goodness, do not use my children in an attempt to convince me of this rubbish
. The fact of the matter is the climate has always changed, there have been ice ages, periods of droughts, instances of intense volcanic activity, hurricanes, etc etc etc, before humans existed, it continued before we had any impact on the world, and it will continue in the future. All anyone is trying to do is maintain the status quo for our civilization, which is a relatively pointless, the planet will continue through its cycles as it always has.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Hi,woodwardjnr.

Originally posted by woodwardjnr whos lying here?
For us, they will ALWAYS be LIARS !

! ! ! ! Exxon gave almost NOTHING to the people who LOST their possibility
to live from their fishing-boats ! ! ! !

For many in this coastal town, the 1989 Exxon Valdez disaster was an event so crushing that
hard-bitten fishermen still get teary-eyed recalling ruined livelihoods, broken marriages and suicides.
But mostly, people in Cordova talk about the discouraging wait for legal retribution
for the worst oil spill in U.S. history.

www.cbsnews.com...

Exxon continues to set a bad example
juneauempire.com...

Exxon Valdez - Legacy of a Spill
www.adn.com...

Alaska After Exxon Valdez
www.alma.edu...

Twenty years later the impacts of the 'Exxon Valdez' linger
www.onlineopinion.com.au...

. . .etc. . .etc. . .

Blue skies.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Just found this - Gore has cancelled his Copenhagen speech trip.

newsbusters.org...

Maybe he's anticipating some rather searching questions and hostility?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Not surprising why an Oil company will back AGW crowd, it will directly effect the sale of petro-products. Good thing this has come out eventhough it was not a secret.

Edit to add: By when I say AGW crowds I don't mean guys on ATS because none of us what we say or do on ATS really matters on global terms. When I say AGW crowd I mean the politicians and institutes which are denying global warming/climate change.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by December_Rain]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join