It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufo? I filmed in Kent UK 6pm today 01/12/09

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

Thanks,good advice.Glad you liked my moon videos they are very tricky to get right.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Wow another ats er so close to me. Im in dartford and havent seen anything unusual but will certainly keep a look out

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I could be wrong, but it just looks like a star/planet to me, possibly Venus?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
OP... can you give object direction, angle above horizon, which constellations it passed through, where it appeared/disappeared?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
Ufo?

To answer your question mark...

Yes, it is a UFO and not likely to ever be anything other than a UFO.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
When discussing a possible sky lantern - UFO video there are several factors that can be used to eliminate false sightings. Lanterns travel at a constant rate of speed as they traverse the sky. Lanterns have a characteristic orange glowing color, flickering may be apparent or not, distance and wind conditions will vary the effect. Lanterns can routinely travel in directions other than that observed at ground level, Hot air balloon pilots know this and use the differing directions of air currents at different altitudes to plot a course. It is normal to see air currents traveling at different directions depending on altitude.

UFO's that exhibit characteristics of being under intelligent control commonly are seen to be of orange to blue pulsing or steady light output, with high variability of brightness, from dull to as bright as the Sun.
Such UFOs often make extreme and abrupt changes in direction and velocity to the extent that the violence and unpredictability of the maneuvers is a major hallmark of many of these kinds of witness testimony. In other words, people who have seen this type of UFO are awestruck by the movements and lights of the objects. These are just general guidelines, the range of types of reports is nearly limitless.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Lanterns do not always cross the sky at a constant speed. I have watched lanterns abruptly change direction and speed. I've watched them maneuver in formation and even appear to be physically connected to each other by tethers. It was all an illusion, created by wind.

Later one of the lanterns passed within about 50 feet from where I was standing before crashing into a swamp. At that close range I was able to positively identify the object as a lantern.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

yet another missed opportunity; better luck next time. you would think night shot would help

[edit on 2-12-2009 by reject]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tearman
OP... can you give object direction, angle above horizon, which constellations it passed through, where it appeared/disappeared?

This is for Argyl also.

It was moving as I said before I pan down twice so you can see its moving.The first time I pan down it is above the middle of the street I am then following it traveling north(I am leaning on my open car door) then I pan down and its above a house to the right of me before it goes out of sight and when I moved to look it had disappeared altogether. I think it was no more than 1000 feet up maybe l700feet it was hard to tell.I wasn't anywhere near the stars it was a cloudy night .Hope this helps.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy

Ufo?

To answer your question mark...

Yes, it is a UFO and not likely to ever be anything other than a UFO.

Im am not going to say it was defo a ufo.I still think it could have been a china lantern but cant be sure as the distance made it difficult to tell.What I saw was a bright yellow white light moving at about 30mph north.People usually let off more than one lantern at a time but who knows maybe somebody in Whitstable had a special occasion or was just having some fun. One thing I have learnt here on ATS is that you should consider the plausible way before being certain its a ufo which is the least plausible option.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject
reply to post by tarifa37

yet another missed opportunity; better luck next time. you would think night shot would help

[edit on 2-12-2009 by reject]

I know ,I have taken the Infrared filter and put it back in its box( i had left it screwed on ,I removed it to film but forgot about the night shot function) the night shot is now firmly switched off. It was only ever any good with the infrared lens anyway useless for filming bright objects in the sky.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I believe you will find that the bright yellow orb seen in the South around 6pm is the planet Jupiter. Any sky map will confirm it. Download Stellarium and you'll be able to predict what is and what isn't on view in the sky. Any time, any place. Why get into a quandry about an observation when it's dead easy to eliminate the mundane. Take a look at your yellow orbagain tomorrow evening through a decent pair of binos and you'll actually be able to see the Moons of Jupiter as well. Up to four little points of light in a straight line around the planet. Amazing! You only have to look.

All this assumes you didn't havetwo bright yellow orbs on view at the same time, but only video'd one of 'em.

WG3

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I believe you will find that the bright yellow orb seen in the South around 6pm is the planet Jupiter. Any sky map will confirm it. Download Stellarium and you'll be able to predict what is and what isn't on view in the sky. Any time, any place. Why get into a quandry about an observation when it's dead easy to eliminate the mundane. Take a look at your yellow orbagain tomorrow evening through a decent pair of binos and you'll actually be able to see the Moons of Jupiter as well. Up to four little points of light in a straight line around the planet. Amazing! You only have to look.

All this assumes you didn't havetwo bright yellow orbs on view at the same time, but only video'd one of 'em.

WG3

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by waveguide3

WG3

Unless Jupiter flies at around 700 ft at 30 mph across the sky i very much doubt it. I really think it must have been a lone lantern that somebody let off for fun.It was cloudy so you couldn't see the stars only the moon when it shone through the thin cloud.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Thats three days in a row youve spotted a UFO in kent at 6pm
what are the chances?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by GW8UK
Thats three days in a row youve spotted a UFO in kent at 6pm
what are the chances?

In Kent pretty high

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tearman
Lanterns do not always cross the sky at a constant speed. I have watched lanterns abruptly change direction and speed. I've watched them maneuver in formation and even appear to be physically connected to each other by tethers. It was all an illusion, created by wind.

Later one of the lanterns passed within about 50 feet from where I was standing before crashing into a swamp. At that close range I was able to positively identify the object as a lantern.

Mate, that is just bollocks. Lanterns that change direction abruptly and maneuver into formation? If it were up to me I'd say you were probably seeing the real thing. Usually you can tell when they are under intelligent control the same way you'd tell if a car was about to cut you off on the highway. You just "know" intuitively. The main differences are as follows: The lanterns appear to "drift" in the sky whereas the real UFO orbs appear to be on fixed paths. Also, there's a very noticeable difference between the lanterns and the real UFO orbs from a close distance. The lanterns appear to have a "flame" in the center whereas the real UFO orbs appear to "pulsate" with the colours of the electromagnetic light spectrum as such (yes, this is a real UFO orb): www.dailymotion.com...

I will be completely honest with you in this next paragragh. I might sound mad. I can't exactly "prove" it, but you'll have to take my word for it. On my side of the pond (England, specifically Avebury and Derbyshire), there's an enormous dimensional portal that extraterrestrial energies from all over the cosmos use to enter into this sphere of reality. That is why UFO orbs are seen so abundantly here. That portal has been there since the very beginning. What has happened is that the locals, over time have sort of "caught on" to the phenomenon and have tried to emulate it as best as possible by buying and releasing Chinese Lanterns, and now we can't tell the difference between the lanterns and the ETs. Note that in no other part of the world are there so many reports of "orange" lights seen in the sky other than in England. Think about why that might be.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by hermantinkly]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

One thing I have learnt here on ATS is that you should consider the plausible way before being certain its a ufo which is the least plausible option.

Actually, UFO is the ONLY thing this can EVER be labeled, as it is the ONLY thing that is shown here.

A UFO is an unidentified flying object.

1. Is it unidentified? Yes. I have no idea what it is.
2. Is it flying? Yes.
3. Is it an object? Yes.

Does this mean I think it's a chinese lantern? No.
Does this mean I think it's a space ship? No
Does this mean I think it's an alien? No

The only thing the evidence supports is UFO.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I believe it was a full moon yesterday so thats not the moon. I am going for Jupiter on this one....

Unless you can tell us that it zoomed off at incredible speed. If it vanished more than likely high clouds....Go to the smae spot at 6pm tonight and see if you see the same thing....

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy

One thing I have learnt here on ATS is that you should consider the plausible way before being certain its a ufo which is the least plausible option.

Actually, UFO is the ONLY thing this can EVER be labeled, as it is the ONLY thing that is shown here.

A UFO is an unidentified flying object.

1. Is it unidentified? Yes. I have no idea what it is.
2. Is it flying? Yes.
3. Is it an object? Yes.

Does this mean I think it's a chinese lantern? No.
Does this mean I think it's a space ship? No
Does this mean I think it's an alien? No

The only thing the evidence supports is UFO.

Well said, the maning of "UFO" seems to have become lost in the last few years, good to see people reinforcing its true meaning!

As for the vid, something about it doesnt seem right. The light seems static and almost comes across as a camera trick/angles something like that to show something in a different guise.

<< 1    3 >>

join