It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle police kill suspect in officer slayings

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Seattle police kill suspect in officer slayings

news.yahoo.com

SEATTLE – The man suspected of gunning down four police officers in a suburban coffee shop was shot and killed by Seattle police early Tuesday, a sheriff's spokesman said.

Maurice Clemmons was shot to death in a working-class south Seattle neighborhood after police tracked him down using possible hiding spots supplied by Pierce County investigators, said Ed Troyer, a spokesman for the county sheriff.

Authorities suspect Clemmons, 37, of killing the four Lakewood officers at a coffee shop Sunday morning in Parkland, a Tacoma suburb about 35 miles south of Seattle.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
So they find the suspect and gun him down? Looks like the line "dead men tell no lies" still holds true. Not sure what to think about all of this. The only information being released is the official information coming straight from the PD. I hope that we see witnesses starting to come forward and giving their account of what really went down.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Why didn't they just arrest him and bring him in? I guess its ok for police to kill in revenge. Its not a crime if they are revenge killing on behalf of one of their own.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Thought he was wounded , arrested and would live?

2nd line.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

I hate to say it, but I was pretty much thinking the same thing. It seems to me like most of the time when a situation like this occurs it's suddenly ok to avenge the deaths of your fellow officers with vigilante street justice.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

This story is the first one that I have come across about this shooting suspect. Do you remember where you heard or read that he was alive and in custody?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
reply to post by DataWraith

This story is the first one that I have come across about this shooting suspect. Do you remember where you heard or read that he was alive and in custody?

not off the top of my head no.

nevermind it was yesterdays BBDC report, didn't say arrested though , My bad.

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 1/12/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
what's wrong with this statement..

After an all-night siege, a SWAT team entered the home and found it empty. But police said Clemmons had been there.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I know it is easier for everyone on here to rally and just hate all police.

But he has already well proven himself to be a cop killer. Their mindset is 'here we have an extremely dangerous man and we do not want to risk more casualties'.

What does it take for some people to understand? Buzzword? Why dont we call him a terrorist and youll change your mind.

Terrorist kills some people, well the people probably did something to deserve it. Now lets go find and arrest that terrorist!

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

At the scene, a couple of dozen police officers milled around, shaking hands and patting each other on the back. LATimes

That's a damning sort of statement by the reporter. Funny how there are no actual facts about the shooting being "reported" yet that I've seen. Such as, the suspect fired on police and they were forced to return fire. That kind of thing.

Okay, they are saying there was a "shootout." CBS News

[edit on 1-12-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

Ok, so lets say it's you thats the murder suspect here. Is it still ok for the police to forgo a trial and just use street justice and execute you because they think that your the one that commited the crime? Sorry, but this is still the US and the laws still apply. Everyone is entitled to a trial!

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

here you go...

More information on shooting of Clemmons

Seattle police say a patrol officer checking out an unoccupied stolen vehicle was approached from behind by Maurice Clemmons about 2:45 a.m. today.

The vehicle had been reported stolen earlier in the night. It was running but unoccupied.

The officer, a seven-year veteran, called in his location and the plate number, officials said this morning. As the officer investigated, he felt a presence behind him.

The officer had told investigators he recognized the approaching person as Clemmons from the law enforcement bulletins.

The man was ordered to stop and showed his hands. The man did not. He started to move around the stolen vehicle and the Seattle officer fired several shots.

"This is the person we have been looking for," Jeff Pugel aid. "Right now, it's just a feeling of relief."

Seattle police said they recovered a handgun from Clemmons. The handgun's serial number matched that of the weapon taken from one of the officers killed Sunday.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
they JUST shorted the entire story.. by about 10 paragraphs.. !!!

grrrrrr.. I knew I should have c/p ..

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
We do not know the full facts here. You cannot just assume that the Police found out where he was and decided to kill him. They may have been fired upon and returned fire, we just don't know.

link   
AWEsome - stories like this warm the cockles of my heart.

(no wasting money on 3 squares a day, cable tv, a bed, and a defense attorney)

link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

FOX just reported that the arresting officer asked the suspect to hault, and when the suspect ran counter clockwise around the vehicle, the officer then opened fire and shot the man several times.

This is what was just reported on FOX news a few minutes ago. I think they should all get their stories straight because not one matches the other.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Yep, no gunfight reported here either.

2nd line

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Okay, I only listened to it once, but that's not what the CBS new story sounded like at all. They said SWAT was called didn't they? And that he was barricaded. I better wake up here.

Okay, listened again...SWAT swarmed homes of his friends and family twice. No mention from this CBS reported on scene about them pulling him over or anything like that.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

So, we should forgo trials in the US completely then? Sorry, but I diagree with you here. They have not even made it 100% possitive that this suspect was in fact the shooter, and now he is dead.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

If he fired on them, they had every right to fire back.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join