It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Workplace drug testing ...... a must have

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Everyday at work , millions of people turn up , affected by one or more drugs!
I'm annoyed at having to tip-toe around addicts in the workplace , and the
only answer , is mandatory drug testing at work - no exceptions .
This would put a huge dent into the drug trade , and lead to less medical
issues and crime .
Why won't Governments do this ? - short answer - it's a conspiracy .

p.s gotta go to work now - drug free - and happy ,
will be back later to see your response !

[edit on 29-11-2009 by radarloveguy]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
waste of money people will still beat them like they do know. Plus everything to do with drugs is a huge waste of money and resources in the first place our country is broke because of it, drugs should be regulated and taxed in my opinion as well as many others. They will never go away ever

+18 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
You people crack me up.....one minute you don't want government involved in your lives, then the next minute your begging for them to enter. WTF are you thinking???? It is the responsibility of the employer to make that decision, not the effing government.
But, most of you here on this and so many other sites have not a clue, you just like to mindlessly throw out your solutions to the public without any prior thought of what your conclusion is.
You and others like you are the very reason we are in the situation we are up to our necks in today. Mindlessly giving away your freedoms for a little bit of security. Thank you very much for all your efforts

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
In my opinio I think people should not go to work hyped out on drugs period. But to i think they have the right to drug test people? Hell no. What people do on their own free time within the confines of their house is there own business. The government and the workplace should have no right whatso ever to give mandatory drug testing. Now if somone goes to work and its clear that they are on drugs then yes, fire them. Otherwise is drug use isnt effecting their work capability them let them be, there not hurting noone.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by radarloveguy

Supposing I smoke a joint on a Saturday night. I'm likely to test positive for upto 60 days.

Is that joint I smoke on a Saturday really a cause for me to get fired over?

People with hangovers in the morning are far more dangerous.

Consider this, too. People who drive sleep deprived are considered to be as dangerous on the road as people who drive under the influence - it was even made criminal in NJ.

Just sayin'. This proposal is pretty extreme.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
What people do in their homes int heir business...

.. I just don't understand why drug users would affect you in any way, just let them be..

.. ALso how do you know they are drug addicts.. do you ask every person you meet? ..

you are very invasive...

[edit on 29-11-2009 by Polynomial C]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueTruth

Good point.. Im with you on that, There are always different circumstances, its not always black and white..

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

What a waste. What I do on my own time, whether illegal or not, is NONE of my employers business.

As a business owner with a staff of over 1500, I have never required this and have never had a problem. Besides the addicts are really easy to point out and easily delt with.

It's a waste of precious resources and time for both you the employee and the employer.

To think how many good employees I would have to fire for a personnal habit that doesn't effect their work.

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Complete invasion of privacy.Its none of my employers damn buisness what i do on my nights and weekends.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
You that drink do the deadlest drug of all . I have burried lots of friends because of beer never because of any illegal drug.

More people die and more lives are ruined because of alcohol than all the other drugs combined.
Drug testing is just another scare tatic to control people and is easily faked and cost us more tax money....can you say scam??

[edit on 29-11-2009 by Grayelf2009]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

was that toward me? if so they should be legal because in a free world which we were suppose to have to make our own decisions we would have the freedom of deciding for ourselves whether we choose to use or not, not decided by a corrupt government or by employers. Its just another freedom of right ate away by the governments of our world putting limits on the free man

so the only way for that in this crap government would be to tax and regulate since we are not really free

[edit on 29-11-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Well, dependant on your stance on recreational drug use...

It could be mandated and I think it certainly should be in some proffesions - Doctors, Pilots, Law Enforcement etc.

Although I do know of a lot of my friends that work in high end business and often it's considered a part of entertaining clients in the corporate world.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
This is an incredibly selfish proposal. You say you are drug free and happy and are bothered by co-workers whom you believe are on drugs? I'm going to bet that a lot of the 'zonked-out' people are actually on prescribed pills such as anti depressants and xanax. Or drunk/hungover at work. But all that is legal, isn't it.

People addicted to harmful drugs such as coc aine need HELP. They don't need to get FIRED because YOU don't want to be bothered by them. Addicts aren't necessarily criminals, and taking their jobs away won't make them suddenly stop buying drugs. If they have a job already, they are trying to do a positive thing for their life and what they should be offered is rehabilitation instead. Throwing people into the streets is not going to "put a huge dent into the drug trade, and lead to less medical issues and crime" as you naively believe. It will in fact make it worse. These now unemployed sick people turn to crime to feed their habits when their source of income is taken away.

And on the subject of marijuana, which is the one that stays in the system to be tested the longest is much less harmful than either alcohol or even cigarettes! Plenty of successful people smoke the herb recreationally and it has worked as a medicine to save peoples' lives. Are you proposing that that drug should get someone fired as well?

Not everyone can easily live drug-free. It may be easy for you to be drug-free and happy, but for many others it is a daily struggle to keep from using drugs. This doesn't mean they are bad people or unemployable.

Also, it is none of your or your employer's business what a person does in their free time. Drug testing ALL workers is an unreasonable proposal that infringes on freedom and human rights.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Are you thick, or just not too bright?
If everyone was drug tested-YOU'D HAVE NO WORKFORCE! That would be smart aye?
Drugs are something that have already been discovered and/or invented. They are here, it's too late, put up with it. You don't have any other choice. It's a losing battle if you want to fight it, too many people (the VAST MAJORITY) use them and they will NOT give them up, they're just too damn good.

Besides, it's only non-users that 'claim' drugs impair your abilities. Watch a film called 'super high me', it's proof that drugs can do the exact opposite of what you claim.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

Absolutely correct.
If alcohol was invented today it would be illegal. FACT!
But all these bleeding heart left-wing pc do-gooders who piss and moan about weed and acid and stuff are the people who think it's ok to drink alcohol.
Alcohol is the true drug of choice for losers.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The statutes(they are not laws) are illegal to begin with.

How does some drugs(in most cases just plants) become illegal? At one time alcohol was illegal. Drugs(controlled substances) have become illegal so that the Doctors in our society become the only ones to be legally sanctioned(statutes) to dispense them. Just another tax.

The US Constitution no longer exists, we have like 700,000 statutes that are used to mainly tax and control us to oblivion.

I do not need a fracking doctor to tell me what I should or should not put in my body.

Soon, we will not be able to get vitamins without a prescription(statute).

Than, they will institute food controls whereby you will need authorization to get fresh fruit. This is not rambling, these items are already in existing statutes. They just have not started enforcing them yet.

Wake the frack up! The government is not their to help you!

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I wish every employer was like you my friend. I never saw the problem, i never showed up to work high, not even once. And they suprise as all onr day with a drug test and so i was fired. Wheres the justice in that

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Oh, please oh mighty US government.. tell me what substances I can and can't abuse.

Cigs and alcohol are ok? But they're some of the most harmful out of the bunch?

If you say so, oh great ones.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
When alcohol becomes part of the list of drugs screened for employment, you will have my support on this. Anyone that thinks an alcoholic is any more reliable or safer because alcohol leaves the system so much faster, has never known one. There is also the fact that most workplace drug tests only target pot because that is the only thing sitting around long enough to blow you in for it. My crack addicted brother has no problem staying clean two days to pass a test. I would rather work in a room full of phish loving potheads than one crack addict. I never saw someone kill another person just to get to hit a bong.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Knowledgeseeker5434

There really is no justice in that.

Living in another country, i can't understand how you manage to put up with that. If I were to go to work under the influence, the best thing that could happen was that my colleagues sensed something amiss and asked me to go home, before the boss noticed it and fired my butt.

I sure hope the OP is a troll, 'cause i aint got much left for his type otherwise.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join