It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we Being warned through V and all these other Alien Movies?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

They are not Aliens in AI,they are advanced
robots,that`s why the movie was called AI.
Apologies for being so pedantic

[edit on 26-11-2009 by Elmer_Dinkley]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
There are a lot of alien movies about helpful aliens but these are not seen as a warning or a sign of disclosure comming. sometimes those movies have different messages. I think alien nation was kind of about race issues more than aliens.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elmer_Dinkley

If you really want to be pedantic you need to try harder. DataWraith is right and you're partially wrong.

There were robots with the humans for most of the movie, then the humans became extinct, that's when the aliens appeared that DataWraith mentioned.

But this reminds me that the scariest warning movies of all are the ones that say our robots may take over the world and dominate us. It won't happen tomorrow but I don't think it can be ruled out.

The Terminator movies with Skynet seems like a plausible future scenario, as does the movie "I, Robot"

At least the movies about atomic destruction leave me with some hope that we can choose to not use the bombs.

But the robot movies I find scarier because once we start making them intelligent and self aware, who knows what they will do to a race of self-admitted planet rapers like humans, which they may view as a "biological infestation".

@Zaiger, yes I think Alien Nation was about race issues, I agree. And likewise V is about human issues too, with allusions to the nazi regime etc.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
WOW , I'm actually right for once? and someone agrees with me?, wish the wife could see this

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I think the OP is trying to to warn us about bogus

Hollywood movies ?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Considering the timing of this, one can only chalk up this flu vaccine thing as an opportunistic moment to cash in on a current events. It was rather eerie watching that episode, but that is what the writers intended and they succeded. I personally don't read too much into this and as Sigmund Freud was supposedly attributed to say "a cigar is sometimes just a cigar" I treat this supposed V "warning" as such. Its just a TV show. A TV show is just a TV show unless...

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Obviously tv does rot the brain and increase stoo-pid- itty.

Perhaps you should stick to your normal troll activities?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

I recall an era of time in the USA when ALL one could see on TV were hundreds of variations of 'Westerns' and in the movie theatres too.

then it was 'Spy' episodes & movie cinema

before my time, all there was were movie theatres, and 'MadCap',
and those (burp) 'Musicals', and 'Dancing' and 'B' Movies on Saturday Matinees were the craze.

Movies & TV fare reflect the taste of the masses... it is those blockbuster
movies that breakground, that sets the tone for the next 10 years of sequels and movie Genre'...
And IMHO, the 'Think-Tanks' of movie producers don't plan those out-of-the-box, paradigm shifting movies ---it's the paying public that gives the
or the
... & that's what makes for an outstanding producer/director/ who had a vision & made it work.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
You have to remember every culture on earth has talked about demon possession, and why is that?

I think most of us just look at the alien thing as a representation, of what we would like humans to turn into, and peaceful and that. But no where in nature has that been shown to be true, and we should suspect any creature that is higher than us, of there motives, no matter if they are benevolent, or not.

Whether we are being conditioned for this, maybe, but i think alot of people behind the scenes have looked at this and judged that any race above us should ot be trusted.

Remember i think alot of the ufo people who like the idea of benevolent aliens, do so as they want humans to turn into this peaceful race, like that.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
All the movies show aliens in a bad light from ET ( cringe) to Alien ( black chitin and evil teeth killing machine) How is it hollywood have never done a good alien film?
even the more recent 'Day Earth stood still" film showed an Alien trying to kill but changes its mind at the end.
They never show an alien wanting to show us how to use our minds, develop our social skills or learning to use psychic powers?

One word... Starman

And now that I think about it there's quite a few!!
The TV series Roswell for instance!!

[edit on 11/28/2009 by SmokeyDawn]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

IMO V isn't a warning... the reason why it's creepily similar to real theories involving Reptoids is probably because someone read the conspiracies realized it was an exciting story and they could use it to make money.

What scares me about V is the fact that people are sheep... I have no doubt that if the same thing happened in reality, 90% of the population would be running out to buy V teeshirts and ringtones. We have 6 billion people on earth so technically no outside threat of invasion should be an issue - however the overwhelming human instinct to put blind faith in leaders and power has gotten us into the mess we are in today, and could very easily be the end of us.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
if V [ 2009 ] is a warning , what was V [1984 ] ?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elmer_Dinkley

[edit on 26-11-2009 by Elmer_Dinkley]

They are aliens in 'A.I.'. At the end of the film, as the previous poster stated. The movie is called 'Artificial Intelligence,' or 'A.I.,' in regards to the theme of the film. HOWEVER, the turn the Kubrick/Spielberg film takes at the end moves away from 'robots' and toward 'aliens'.

Apologize for being so wrong.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I missed it but got to see it this morning here www.imdb.com...

A new updated generated "V". Some of it was good, updated for our times. Some of it still had that cheesy quality. Most of the actors that were suppose to be "reptilian" didn't really come off "cold" or "logical" enough to really be aliens, I still felt they had that "human" quality.

From my research, those that have professed to actually encounter a "reptilian" said their presence alone sent chills down their spine - an experience they will never forget. These people - the actors didn't to me at least come across scary or threatening enough. (They should have used my supervisor and director for some of the charactors)!

Possibly we are being warned and or prepared.

Sites like ATS are springing up all over, millions of internet sites are addressing the question seriously, "are we alone?" People at least are at the point where if you blog about aliens at least most people will now listen vs ridiculing.

Many "rational" people are now questioning and curious about the "alien issue"........... it's no longer just the "insane" hearing voices and questioning if we are being visited - people who have "credibility" are seeing UFO's and "vibes".

Maybe "we" are interconnected and curious about it at this particular time and there are now so many people showing a interest in this that the folks that produce the movies and series in Hollywood see $$$$ to be had.

I'm not sure on this et issue. V was interesting, it was entertaining.

Yes I believe "they" are out there - I suspect some are even here. Personally, I don't think we have ever been alone. I have no conscious or tangible proof, it's just a gut feeling.

However, if a civilazation has the technology to travel from another star system, another dimension or a paralle world - then they are at least a thousand or more years ahead of us and with one beam could fry our planet or extinquish our species quickly with no trouble leaving the planet intact.

They haven't, if they are here or "visiting" then they have hidden in the shadows like mist, barely there.

That alone sets alarm bells ringing - In my own experience, anyone that has come into my life that has been secretive vs straight forward have not had my best interest at heart (my own personal observation).

Are we being gently prepared for entrance into a galactic community, simply being observed/explored or toyed with, like a cat plays with it's food before eating it?

Only time will tell.

I want to believe that love will conquor all, that being decent and kind will win out over hate, deceit and cruelity will lose but, but so far according to our planets known history that has not mostly been the case.

The weak get conquerored and assimilated.

I want to hope that there is a benvevolent intellegence that would come to mankind's assistance - a intergalactic police force if you will. I don't want to believe that humanity would be alone if such a issue became a known reality.

Below is a "In Tribute List" from the site: www.projectcamelot.org...

If just some of these people were murdered for trying to "warn" us, than that alone should set off alarm bells. If "they" are benevolent then why the secrecy?

Research for yourself and keep posting. Two heads are better than one and a thousand might just solve this puzzel.

Dr. John Badwey
Paul Bennewitz
James Black
Dr. Eugene Blass
Ron Bonds
Mae Brussell
Danny Casolaro
Dr. J. Clayton
William Cooper
Dr. Cooperson
Arie DeGeus
Tony Dodd
Ruth Drown
Frank Edwards
Don Elkins
James V. Forrestal
Dr. Max Gerson
John Hadley
Harry Hoxsey
Morris K. Jessup
Dr. Milbank Johnson
Todd Kauppila
Jim Keith
Dr. David Kelly
John F. Kennedy
Dorothy Kilgallen
Dr. William Koch
George Lakhovsky
Ann Livingston
Brian Lynch
Dr. John Mack
Dr. Eugene Mallove
Dr. James McDonald
Stanley Meyer
Dr. Wilhelm Reich
Royal Rife
Ron Rummel
Phil Schneider
Leonid Strachunsky
Svali
Nikola Tesla
Jose Trias
Karla Turner
Dean Warwick
Gary Webb
25 Marconi scientists, 1982-88
10 NASA astronauts, 1964-67
9 Minot and Barksdale AFB airmen, 2007

Possibly, and I do not claim to know or believe I am simply at this point searching, possibly these individuals listed above may have been our first freedom fighters.

"Shape those opinions within your territory" - a line from V

TV is shaping the world. I suspect there is a possiblity we are being prepared but for what?

Maybe series like V was produced simply for profit and to entertainment.

Maybe we are being ushed into a universal brotherhood gently and carefully.

Or maybe we are like cows being driven to slaughter, being told we are being taken to greener pastures.

Only time will tell.

My favorite movie on aliens was and still is: "Men In Black", the original.

"The only thing that scares me more than space aliens is the idea that there aren't any space aliens. We can't be the best that creation has to offer. I pray we're not all there is. If so, we're in big trouble."

— Ellen DeGeneres

[edit on 8-12-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
All the movies show aliens in a bad light from ET ( cringe) to Alien ( black chitin and evil teeth killing machine) How is it hollywood have never done a good alien film?
even the more recent 'Day Earth stood still" film showed an Alien trying to kill but changes its mind at the end.
They never show an alien wanting to show us how to use our minds, develop our social skills or learning to use psychic powers?

For the same reason they don't run clips on the evening news of old men collecting beer cans for recycling or neighborhood barbecues.... because the happy-happy joy-joy feel good stuff doesn't sell advertising.

Anyway, people can already use their minds, develop social skills, and learn to use psychic powers now, absent of "alien" influence.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Icerider

Do you have something to say about what i posted? Or do you feel that we really have been being warned about alien invasion and disclosure for over 100 years now?

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
whweres mars attacks? you forgot that movie.
greatest alien movie of all. corny. but the greatest.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Well now that avatar is out i guess is hould have waited to put this up.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
reply to post by Icerider

Do you have something to say about what i posted? Or do you feel that we really have been being warned about alien invasion and disclosure for over 100 years now?

If such an acclimatisation process was happening, the longer and slower it is, the more effective at minimising any culture shock. A rapid disclosure would be very unlikely, at least if the extraterrestrials were at all ethical.

Also any suitably advanced race would likely be extremely long-lived, if not practically immortal, so they wouldn't care if such a process took a hundred years or a thousand. The only thing that would make them shorten such a process would be some impending global crisis.

It's all in Star Trek people

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MarrsAttax

Also any suitably advanced race would likely be extremely long-lived, if not practically immortal, so they wouldn't care if such a process took a hundred years or a thousand.

Then are you thinking that aliens are helping make alien movies?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join