It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who created God? The silliest question I ever heard

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
This entire thread has been a beat around the bush concert.
If God does trutly exsist in any form, that God had to come to be at some point.
End of story.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Pride cometh before the fall.

We agree that we are both unable to define God and the complexity of God. I am asking a question based on a previous statement regarding the complexity of created thing's made by yourself. Either your statement is true or it is not true and the only way to validate that is to ask you to answer the question.

This is my whole point and you agree with it but you got egg on your face so your trying to prove something.

If we are unable to define God, then the question who created God is a silly one.

Now your blathering about something that's not germane to the original post because you realized that the question is silly.

The universe could not arise without the Wisdom of God. Material objects go from simple to complex and they require a Creator. This is true with the universe or the DVD player sitting in front of my TV.

Now back to my original post. The question, who created God is a silly one because as you admit we can't define God. You can't ask the question without first defining God and that was my initial point.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

This is my whole point and you agree with it but you got egg on your face so your trying to prove something.

Not at all; You've purposefully set up a brick wall into any reasonable discussion in regards to God, hence why we're not allowed to discuss God. Yet, you did mention something else that is of interest and that is capable of reasonable discussion, but again your purposefully attempting to set up another brick wall into any reasonable discussion again.

If we are unable to define God, then the question who created God is a silly one.

Please keep your straw men to yourself as they are pointless and meaningless to the discussion. We agree that we are both unable to define God and the complexity of God. I am asking a question based on a previous statement regarding the complexity of created thing's made by yourself. Either your statement is true or it is not true and the only way to validate that is to ask you to answer the question.

Now your blathering about something that's not germane to the original post because you realized that the question is silly.

Personally I feel that the question that *I* asked and alluded to is quite logical., and there are no silly questions. Only silly people who are incapable of answer questions, which make's them defensive and feel silly.

Yet, this new question has literally nothing to do with the original point. What was the purpose of this thread if you never intended to hold a reasonable discussion? Usually those on the defensive are guilty of something, what are you acting guilty of here for? This should be nothing more than a civil and reasonable discussion, not a contradictory straw man argument on your part making excuse after excuse as to why you refuse to discuss anything.

The universe could not arise without the Wisdom of God. Material objects go from simple to complex and they require a Creator. This is true with the universe or the DVD player sitting in front of my TV.

OK, and this is why I asked if you believe in evolution as it presupposes simple to complex. I can't determine if simple to complex things all need to be created by the hand of God or if some are capable of arising naturally. I honestly don't understand your blatant refusal to answer a very simple question. This is like trying to get a four year old to eat his vegetables.

Now back to my original post. The question, who created God is a silly one because as you admit we can't define God. You can't ask the question without first defining God and that was my initial point.

I admit that we are not allowed to define God as you've set up that brick wall that blocks any reasonable discussion or definition. Technically, you've been defining God throughout this whole debate, and I'm assuming you've been doing so unknowingly based on your statements. You preach that we can't define God, yet you speak of God definitively as if you have a clear idea of God.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by PublicDefenseCorp
This entire thread has been a beat around the bush concert.
If God does trutly exsist in any form, that God had to come to be at some point.
End of story.

While I agree with you personally and I have my own concept of Deity that I'm attempting to flesh out and learn if it's possible; We can't rule out the possibility of a Deity just yet. I personally doubt it is the OPs version of Deity as he presupposes to know this Deity exists but is unable to describe and define it in which to have a reasonable discussion of it and yet alludes to a possible definition in a few of his posts as if he has his own personal definition of it. Basically he's just a trolling hypocritical oaf who whines about others making stupid arguments and using straw man tactics while acting out in the same manner he complains of others for doing. Really, he's just trolling looking for any attention and back patting because he thinks he's smarter while acting idiotically. Lot's of people like him don't realize and understand a lot of things, just have to have patience until he either realizes his errors or gives up an walks away because he isn't getting what he wanted.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Pride cometh before the fall.

You said:

Yet, this new question has literally nothing to do with the original point.

Of course it has nothing to do with the original point.

OK, and this is why I asked if you believe in evolution as it presupposes simple to complex. I can't determine if simple to complex things all need to be created by the hand of God or if some are capable of arising naturally. I honestly don't understand your blatant refusal to answer a very simple question.

I answered your question. These things can't arise without the Wisdom of God.

I think your one of those guys that likes to hear himself talk because your post are full of nonsense that's not germane to anything. Your just blathering on and on about things that I already answered.

If you would take a deep breathe and read what your responding to then you would know this.

I didn't say God was unknown, I said undefined. The nature of God can be known. We can see this in the inherent wisdom in nature. This is why we have a mind to know these things.

Can I define God? no and this makes the question who created God a silly one.

This is just a "gotcha" question. My point is, the person asking the question needs to realize they have to first define God and pressupose that I believe in a created God in order to ask the question. Why should I debate a created God that I don't believ in with an atheist?

This is why I started the thread and I don't mind debating other issues but you just keep blathering on about nothing. I have answered your question in one sentence. I don't need to go on and on talking about nothing the way you do.

I'm getting kind of tired of reading your post. In the midst of all of your nonsense you ask a question. So I have to wade through sensless blathering to get to the question.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Of course.
I believe in a creator as well, just not some bearded white man on a cloud who never came to be, HE was simply always around..no beginning or end lol.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

reply to post by sirnex

Of course.
I believe in a creator as well, just not some bearded white man on a cloud who never came to be, HE was simply always around..no beginning or end lol.

Why does God need to come to be? What's this based on?

Who said anything about a bearded white man in a cloud?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Of course it has nothing to do with the original point.

OK, then why the previous contradictory statements that it had something to do with the original question? Do you understand what your arguing here or are you the one making it up as you go along?

I answered your question. These things can't arise without the Wisdom of God.

OK, so all things are from God. So your defining the ability of God. Yet God can't be defined. So why are you defining the limits of his capabilities?

I think your one of those guys that likes to hear himself talk because your post are full of nonsense that's not germane to anything. Your just blathering on and on about things that I already answered.

You've hardly given any coherently thought out answers, mostly straw men answers in which you hypocritically whined about from others who posted in this thread.

If you would take a deep breathe and read what your responding to then you would know this.

I already know what I am responding to, a troll who thinks he's a genius for making illogical straw men arguments.

I didn't say God was unknown, I said undefined. The nature of God can be known. We can see this in the inherent wisdom in nature. This is why we have a mind to know these things.

To know is to define. If you know the nature of Gods wisdom, then you are able to define that nature. Either it is or isn't, not both.

Can I define God? no and this makes the question who created God a silly one.

Then you can't know God. Which makes the belief just as silly.

This is just a "gotcha" question. My point is, the person asking the question needs to realize they have to first define God and pressupose that I believe in a created God in order to ask the question. Why should I debate a created God that I don't believ in with an atheist?

Essentially, your already defining God by presupposing that he is undefinable while placing a brick wall up against any reasonable and civil discussion to know God definitively. You limit God by purposefully limiting any capacity to discuss God. This isn't intelligent at all, this is something I would expect from a three year old throwing a temper tantrum.

This is why I started the thread and I don't mind debating other issues but you just keep blathering on about nothing. I have answered your question in one sentence. I don't need to go on and on talking about nothing the way you do.

What other issue is there for this thread? If there is another issue related to the thread, then please explain that issue as it appears lost to in the OP.

I'm getting kind of tired of reading your post. In the midst of all of your nonsense you ask a question. So I have to wade through sensless blathering to get to the question.

I find nothing senseless through inquiry and attempt to understand. Only a closed minded fool of blindness would find all inquiry silly and stupid. Usually this arises through unintelligent people who have no answers of their own and are incapable of critical thinking to determine a reasonable answer. And so we are left with a deluded little troll making straw men arguments in a hypocritical fashion while throwing a three year old temper tantrum over a very stupid original thought that he would receive some well deserved ego stroking for giving an illogical argument and circular reasoning. I am truly sorry if this isn't the kind of attention you set out to expect to receive, but hey... Any attention is better than no attention, hence why you constantly reply with straw men you hate so much. Hypocritical troll. I don't know which God you believe in, but I can only pray he has no qualms with stupid people speaking on his behalf.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

reply to post by sirnex

Of course.

I started a thread a while back if you want to take a look at it, hasn't gotten much attention, even I haven't been adding any new information lately. LINK

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

I can see you just like to blather on and on about nothing.

Again, I never said God is unknown. You can know God is Love. You can know God is Wisdom but nobody said these things define God.

If your to dense to understand this then I can't help you.

So I'm going to stop right here because your post is a bunch of nonsense that I don't feel like wading through.

We know 2 things.

1. God cannot be defined so the question who created God is silly.
2. I never said God was unknown just undefined. For instance, I can define a human in terms of protons, neutrons and electrons. I can go even further with things like quarks. I can't do this with God. Hopefully this will stop you from blathering on about nothing.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I can see you just like to blather on and on about nothing.

Straw man.

Again, I never said God is unknown. You can know God is Love. You can know God is Wisdom but nobody said these things define God.

To know is to define.

If your to dense to understand this then I can't help you.

Straw man.

So I'm going to stop right here because your post is a bunch of nonsense that I don't feel like wading through.

Straw man.

1. God cannot be defined so the question who created God is silly.

Straw man, never raised this issue.

2. I never said God was unknown just undefined. For instance, I can define a human in terms of protons, neutrons and electrons. I can go even further with things like quarks. I can't do this with God. Hopefully this will stop you from blathering on about nothing.

Contradictory statement; To know is to define.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
What? God just "poof" appeared one day? Why is it a silly question? Because you don't have an answer?

Despite the answer to the question, one should ask first...

What? Time just "poof" appeared one day... before a day could even be declared a day because where was the existence of time to measure a day?

What happened before time?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dzonatas

What? God just "poof" appeared one day? Why is it a silly question? Because you don't have an answer?

What? Time just "poof" appeared one day... before a day could even be declared a day because where was the existence of time to measure a day?

There is no such thing as time. A day is measured by the Earth's rotation around the sun, not by any fundamental universally constant labeled time. Time on Earth as measured on Earth is much different than time measured on a gravitationally dense object such as the sun.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

That's just silly.

I can't define God in terms of protons, neutron and electrons. I can't define God in terms of a material object. I said material things need to be created, I never said God was unknown. I don't believe in a created or material God, so there's no definition. I never said God's attributes are unknown.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dzonatas

Good question. We know spacetime came into existence after the big bang. Another interesting note is the Bible was saying this while science was saying something else. Science eventually confirmed that spacetime has a beginning. In the beginning........

[edit on 28-11-2009 by Matrix Rising]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix Rising
reply to post by sirnex

That's just silly.

I can't define God in terms of protons, neutron and electrons. I can't define God in terms of a material object. I said material things need to be created, I never said God was unknown. I don't believe in a created or material God, so there's no definition. I never said God's attributes are unknown.

Defining an attribute of anything is defining something, despite what it may or may not be composed of. You may not be defining the substance, but you are defining the capacity of and characteristics of. Either he is definable or he is not.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Good question. We know spacetime came into existence after the big bang. Another interesting note is the Bible was saying this while science was saying something else. Science eventually confirmed that spacetime has a beginning. In the beginning........

You believe in the Big Bang Theory?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

You said:

Defining an attribute of anything is defining something, despite what it may or may not be composed of. You may not be defining the substance, but you are defining the capacity of and characteristics of. Either he is definable or he is not.

Either he's definable or he's not???? Says who?

Again, you fall into an illogical black hole based on your presumptions.

In the context of who "created" god, I can't answer that silly question without first defining what God is made of. I can't define that. I can talk about his attributes because his attributes are not the sum of his being.

Again, your just going to keep going in circles.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex

You believe in the Big Bang Theory?

Yes, I believe the big bang occured. I believe many big bangs occur which sprout parallel universes.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Either he's definable or he's not???? Says who?

Are you kidding me? Say's you, or have your forgotten???

Again, you fall into an illogical black hole based on your presumptions.

Troll.

In the context of who "created" god, I can't answer that silly question without first defining what God is made of. I can't define that. I can talk about his attributes because his attributes are not the sum of his being.

So you can define God, but can't define God? Talk about silliness. Remember the cookie analogy?

Again, your just going to keep going in circles.

Hypocrite.

Yes, I believe the big bang occured. I believe many big bangs occur which sprout parallel universes.

Where does God fit into this? I'm just curious.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join