It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unofficial Poll: will Americans ever engage in a armed conflict with our government?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Maybe the title of this thread should be,"Will Americans ever engage in a armed conflict with our government-again."

A group of Americans already did and it caused the most deaths of any war we participated in.

Do I think it will happen again? Indeed it will. The precursor to it has been happening for a while.

The governments action or inaction's that led up to the last civil war began years before.

A governing legislative body that does not listen to the populace and the will of the people will fail.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by calcoastseeker]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
People saying they hope we don't have bloodshed in the name of revolution baffle me. Millions are already slowly bleeding to death through the corpogoverments greed and tyranny. We must stand up for ourselves. Every minute wasted is another individual destroyed.

Sadly, I'm not sure what it will take for us to get to this point. The majority are still brainwashed by MSM. Men are girly these days. For real! Endocrine disruptors and xenoestrogens have halved mens testosterone and sperm counts in the last 50 years. We've lost our balls, literally!

So will we revolt? I'm not sure anymore. I really thought it would have been done long ago. Now, I'm not sure if anything will bring us to that point. First we must gain back our marbles and huevos.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
No because the media and technology have warped our minds and self drive. We're all slackers. Now where's my Ipod?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Judging by the majoritys of the post,some will while others who are brainwashed will sit back and laugh,the when the proverbial feces hit's the fan they will be the ones crying the loudest,pure example of being molded into what the government wants,a country of slaves,I for one won't take it,I'd rather die in dignity then be a slave,just wait till you have no city police,or fire depts,everything will be run by the government,don't think it's happening,they are already shutting water off to farmers in northern Calif region,their reasoning? let the water flow to the cean rather then let these greedy farmers produce food

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
There are various ways to "revolt". One way is what several states have hinted at, namely asserting their rights over what the federal government has tried to usurp. If that fails, states could always take the route that Dixie took in the 1860's. States such as Alaska, Texas and Montana already have strong succession movements in their states, and other are considering it. If the Federal Government fails to adhere to the Constitution, then it doesn't deserve to exist any more. This country was founded on that sacred document, and most of today's politicians ignore it at every turn.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
reply to post by whaaa

Can you please explain why you think this will turn into a racial war? I personally think that the media, and the media alone, is TRYING to turn this into a racially divided country. I also don't think, once people turn off their TVs and venture out to acutally talk to people, it will work.

The media is trying to divide the country? You mean like Oprah and the NBA. How? Who? got any links to support your theory?

I don't know what isolated bubble you live in but where I live, I encounter racist everyday that blame all their problems on minorities, especially illegal aliens and Black welfare recipients. And I might add that they are very well armed, paranoid and usually drunk. These are the people that I think could very well spark a racial war if the shtf for real.

And in regard to people turning off the TV's
That just ain't gonna happen, not voluntarily.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I'm one of the guys waiting for it...For me its not a matter of will it happen but when? When will more people get sick of censorship and control the government has over us?

Will it be around the time that I have a flashing red button next to my toilet that I have to press to ask permission from our "wise" rulers to go number 2? If things continue that is exactly whats going to happen. Gun control is just the governments way of disarming the people. Make it so we can't fight back.

They know it will happen, but like me the question they are asking themselves is When?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Americans take up arms against the government everyday. They are known as criminals because many people who are involved in the drug trade, prostitution, gambling, loan sharking, are all involved in so called ‘victimless crimes’ where everyone involved is simply making black market money on each others mutually shared needs. Technically the public at large is not harmed by these victimless crimes and millions of Americans are involved in these enterprises.

Constitutionally none of these things could really be considered crimes since they all are endeavors of mutual agreement, but the criminal code looks to make money through fines, and imprisonment of such people and to turn them into prison labor at the taxpayer’s citizen’s expense.

This leads to violence every day between citizens who want to engage in these enterprises and the Police who…well like to tell everyone what they have to do all the time! Because they work for an unconstitutional government that likes to tell everyone what they have to do all the time.

In fact there are 600,000 laws the United States Government has made that tell basically everyone what to do in regards to basically everything.

This does make actually a broad range of citizens perturbed and often frustrated all of which sometimes leads to disagreements between the citizens and one of the 600,000 laws the Government has made to regulate, control, profit off of and use against the citizen.

Sometimes this frustration leads to disagreement on either the part of the citizen who basically is being given 600,000 chances on how to screw up somehow and the government who thinks they screwed up on one of 600,000 things.

Sometimes and I know this is shocking the disagreements lead to violence either against the citizen or against the government.

In fact not a day goes by some member of the government does not kill a citizen, or some citizen doesn’t kill a member of the government.

It might not even be a civilian living in the United States of American who kills someone working for our government because not only does our government have 600,000 things they like to tell us to do, well they really get around and more or less expect the same of some other citizens in some other countries where guess what? They will kill those citizens too sometimes over similar disagreements.

The great news is we all get to pay for this government and this system.
By the way I would never advocate for or condone breaking the law, all 600,000 of them, what ever they all are.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Constitutionally none of these things could really be considered crimes since they all are endeavors of mutual agreement, but the criminal code looks to make money through fines, and imprisonment of such people and to turn them into prison labor at the taxpayer’s citizen’s expense.

I agree with you. I certainly don't condone truly criminal acts, such as violence against persons or property.

Of course, there are criminal acts that are actually FUNDED by the US government. Virtually everybody, except the far left, believes that ACORN committed criminal acts by registering illegal aliens to vote, and registering people many times in multiple states. Now the AG of the US has ruled that the US government can STILL PAY ACORN for certain services contracted before Congress cut off their funds:

WASHINGTON — The Justice Department has concluded that the Obama administration can lawfully pay the community group Acorn for services provided under contracts signed before Congress banned the government from providing money to the group.

www.nytimes.com...

This news article comes, not from Conservative sources, but from the ultra-left New York Times.

Our government is truly engaging in criminal acts. Of course, we know that the ABC agencies engage in crimes against people and property all the time, using "national security" as an excuse.

In addition, they engage in criminal acts by failing to ENFORCE the laws regarding illegal aliens, and in fact REWARD them by providing them with free services at the expense of our taxpayer dollars.

In fact, in dollar value, the US is probably the largest criminal perpetrator in the world.

I am certainly not saying that the US only engages in criminal activity, but it is hard to ignore the criminal acts which they DO commit.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

The truth is Professor our government is one vast criminal enterprise that funds itself and extends its own power and control through all types of crimes and protects a class of super criminals and makes laws to facilitate their crimes or to pardon their crimes when all else fails.

Over 11 trillion dollars has been stolen by a handful of brokerage, and insurance firms and banks on Wall Street from Goldman Sachs, Lehman Brothers, Citi Group, and AIG just to name a few. Not one active criminal investigation is being undertaken against the criminal elite but instead just the rogue operators like Madoff are occasionally tossed to the wolves to try to make the system look honest.

Many Americans have lost their life’s savings from these organized frauds and schemes and our treasury has been looted through the bailouts and amazingly the banksters even print more money to loan to us to turn around and steal that through more bailouts.

Our government is the number one arms dealer in the world! Our government is the number one manufacturer and importer of narcotic pharmaceuticals in the world. Our government is involved in extortion, and kickbacks, bribery and overt and covert thefts, it is involved in loan sharking and racketeering and murder and torture for hire. Our government murders in cold blood more innocent men women and children civilians around the world every year than every communist regime, terrorist group, and third world dictatorship combined.

Most of the cost of running these criminal enterprises is absorbed by the tax payers; all the profit is reserved for a handful of the political and corporate elite, as they enslave us to the debt incurred of paying for the operating costs of these criminal enterprises. The interest on our debt is soon going to top 1 trillion dollars a year which is roughly 1/10th of our gross national product that will go year in and year out to a small preferred group of international banksters and loan sharks. In fact the United States has no chance of paying off the principal of it’s massive debt and has long ago lost a good portion of it’s sovereignty to the banks that loan our government the money billed to us in our name that the government first prints itself before giving it to the banks as loan to them in our name.

The United States Government since the Federal Reserve Act in 1911 is one huge confidence swindle that bilks citizens out of roughly half of what they earn through various taxes all of which just go to paying the interest on war debts that date as far back as 1917!

When third world leaders refer to our government as the Great Satan they truly aren’t too far from the mark as even the devil would be hard pressed to murder, rob and enslave even a fraction of the people are government does.

Why people continue to believe in the Republican and Democrat Crime Syndicates as ever offering us anything other than debt, international embarrassment and a steadily declining prosperity level and freedoms I will never know.

The sad part is, taking up arms against the government would be utterly useless as long as so many Americans prefer to remain duped by the Criminal Enterprise that operates out of the District of Columbia which oddly enough is not a State and is legally not held to the same laws they create to extort, enslave, rob and murder Americans in the 50 States under the District of Columbia’s control.

Coming soon law 600,001 it’s a crime not to have health insurance punishable by 10,000 in fines and or a year in jail.

Coming soon law 600,002 after paying for your car, and to title it and register it, and paying for the gas to operate it, and a tax on that gas, you will soon be taxed for the emissions created by the gas.

I am not sure who is more insane the Government or the people who look to it for guidance, direction and protection!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
"Unofficial Poll: will Americans ever engage in a armed conflict with our government?"

What are the best targets? If anyone will fight, then it's best to know the best targets before hand. Dont wait till the last minute.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tormentations
"Unofficial Poll: will Americans ever engage in a armed conflict with our government?"

What are the best targets? If anyone will fight, then it's best to know the best targets before hand. Dont wait till the last minute.

you see that's why I'm sure it's not something that will happen any time soon... see there is no leaders, no one thing to lash out at... if there were you wouldn't need to ask...

However there is growing resentment anger disappointment and worse of all disillusionment... Our government caters to the wealthy elite at the cost of the common man, the people who made this country great... American wasn't meant to be a caste system, it was meant to be a place where all men are created equal... if the powers that be continue down this path they will force an us verses them mentality and trust me when I say we, common men and women, can be a terrible force when push comes to shove...

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Coming soon law 600,001 it’s a crime not to have health insurance punishable by 10,000 in fines and or a year in jail.

Pay a fortune, and then be told that you can't have a flu shot, even if you have cancer and other life-threatening conditions that destroyed your immune system:

65 and older face H1N1 vaccine limits

orge Anter knows he has a lot to be thankful for during the holidays.

The heart he received during a transplant procedure 12 years ago, for which he gives thanks every day, continues to do its job.

He has won bouts with prostate and skin cancer, and his non-Hodgkins lymphoma remains under control with chemotherapy.

His four children and four grandchildren are thriving in their careers and in school.

And in December, Anter and his wife, Madeline, will celebrate their 53rd wedding anniversary.

But as grateful as he is, the 74-year-old Anter admits one thing will be bugging him during the holidays.

"The truth is," the retired paper sales executive said last week, "when I think about not being able to get a swine flu shot, I get real pissed off."

Two months after H1N1 flu vaccine was first distributed to public health districts around the country, people 65 and older with serious medical conditions still can't get vaccinated.

Anter's doctors at Stanford University Hospital, where he received his transplant, tell him he has a compromised immune system and "the H1N1 flu could do me in."

He takes at least nine prescription medications daily to stay alive.

"But when I try to get a shot, I'm told I'm too old " he said as he sat in the study of his Peccole Ranch home.

"I feel that they see me and other older people as garbage and are just waiting for the trucks to come pick us up," Anter said.

"I served my country. I enlisted during the Korean War. You don't treat people this way just because they're older."

Now, if that isn't the equivalent of a DEATH PANEL, I don't know what is!

This story disgusts me.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

There is no doubt about it Professor that the government only expands its regulatory powers in ways that become more invasive and more intrusive and seeks ultimately to have the power of life over death in relations to every man, woman and child in the nation.

What started out a little over 225 years ago as a unique experiment in government to allow all White Anglo Saxon Males the previously never realized right to exist equally as sovereign human beings with the full right to self determination, a small limited set of simple basic laws hardly any numerous or complex than the Ten Commandments with a small and weak central government with very limited powers specifically and purposefully designed to be that way so it would never have the ability or power to infringe on individual sovereignty in a oppressive, dictatorial or tyrannical way has some evolved to become the near polar opposite of what it’s founder’s intended it to be.

Today we have a massive all powerful central government whose operations are so vast and large it has a staggering 11 trillion dollar debt racked up through maintaining a military empire that has a physical presence in 52 nations spread throughout the world. It’s 666 some odd Agencies and Departments each maintaining one official aspect towards how we are governed is the largest employer in the nation. It regulates through codes and laws replete with punishments ranging from monetary fines to death by execution every facet of our daily existence through these laws and codes from what we are permitted to eat and how we are permitted to obtain it to how we are transported in our persons and properties from point a to point b, to the quality of air we breath, the goods we buy and obtain and how and where and with what, to how we form unions and partnerships both romantic/personal and business, to how we give birth, burry our dead, how we save and what, how we entertain ourselves and with what, to how we even maintain our general health. In each and everyone of these things not only does it dictate to us with penalty for failure to comply but it taxes a fee or toll as well on each specific item that on average comes to a sum total of upwards of 50% of our income and even controls how we may be compensated with paper fiat instrument of debt currency that in and of itself has no linked or intrinsic value other than what they dictate it is through like everything else force or arms and or the threat of them.

How we have arrived at this seemingly inexplicable destination that is so perversely and radically different than what the actual Constitution and the nation’s founders defies all logical explanation. Save one.

That we are no longer free men with any right or hope of being able to determine for our selves in what manner we live our lives save within a very narrow set of permitted parameters that is so self defeating towards the spirit of freedom and success in 600,000 ways despots have managed to somehow establish as a means of controlling us and in all reality taking the entirety of our productivity just to be permitted the right to breath and roam beyond prison bars within the nation.

I am amazed people are as tolerant of this system as they are for no amount of slick propaganda can hide the fact that the vast majority of us are poor, frightened, and genuinely worried about an uncertain future that is riddled with debt, war and increasingly authoritarian state that has become so intrusive in its parasitical and its dictatorial nature as to threaten to destroy the very host body and nation it has almost consumed in it’s entirety.

As disturbing and shocking as this man’s plight is regarding his own health I can’t but think of Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar.

"Blood and destruction shall be so in use
And dreadful objects so familiar
That mothers shall but smile when they behold
Their infants quarter'd with the hands of war;”

At this rate as the war drums beat for Iran and our government continues to run amuck with the endless pursuit of a military industrial complex empire and the government continues to fund it of our backs and in our names by employing the world’s largest security industrial and prison industrial complexes to ensure our compliance and support the dead might in fact be the luckiest amongst us.

Will the citizens ever engage in armed conflict with the government? The government in fact seems very much prepared for that eventuality which is why it does engage the citizen in violence or with the threat of violence every day in over 600,000 ways designed to enslave us in every way and capacity except in actual title.

Which matters little since they own the title to us all, and treat us and govern us as such and the truth is that our forefathers would take up armed conflict with this government, as it is the exact type of government they fought against to become free and never wanted for them or us to have.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

Will Americans at some point feel compelled to bare arms against our own government?

Do we, "We the People" still have it in us?

Hey DaddyBare;
I do hope we the people will win! To the doubters out there:
Remember the riots! All of them (1960's til today) not just the ones you had opinions on. This is why TPTB tried to sneak this NWO under our radar - because if we all, and I mean every American, riot against them, they would never stand a snowball's chance in Hell - actually the snowball may fair better!.

But just for a tad of inspiration, here is a prophecy from our very own George Washington. Now mind you, I read it was a fraud/he never said he saw this (Snopes), but this link got permissions to print the article ad2004.com...
Either way, it still is a great find and inspiration to us all.

BTW: In the vision, George was told we will win. It wont be easy, but we will win!

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
My personal belief is that people will get mad enough and there will be a conflict. Just not the kind of conflict that will restore the Republic.

Government atrocities will continue, we will get bombarded with more and more, as well as more severe police brutality stories. We will see a lot more war and more economic hardships. More terror attacks on the home front. More and more people will be "have-nots" and will eventually snap enough to riot. Civil unrest and disorder will be all over the news and many cities will be in flame because of rioting.

There may be a group here and there that know what's going on and try to use the confusion to form a real revolution, but I don't think it will be very, if at all, successful. Government units will simply use the riots as the latest excuse to clamp down harder and harder on what's left of freedom and liberty in the name of public safety. Maybe even to the point of bringing in UN troops with their pretty, (and sniper friendly), blue hats.

I sure hope none of this comes to pass, and that if there ever was the start of a revolution, and millions marched on DC with guns drawn, all of the government would surrender and stand trial.

The line was drawn a long time ago. We just need to figure out if it's been overstepped, and if so, what we're going to do about it as a whole.

This post is just another example of my late night musings. Perhaps it's time for bed.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shaker
My personal belief is that people will get mad enough and there will be a conflict. Just not the kind of conflict that will restore the Republic.

For the most part, until the mainstream, "audience" is clearly/knowingly threatened they will remain uninvolved. So they make up reasons about the people most easily targeted, snuffing them out.

All the while, they are creeping up on most of the mainstream in a steady, obvious manner. The natural reaction of the, "safe" mainstream being non-involvement until it comes to their place in society; and is a last resort, when really they should have been more involved from the beginning.

Government atrocities will continue, we will get bombarded with more and more, as well as more severe police brutality stories. We will see a lot more war and more economic hardships. More terror attacks on the home front. More and more people will be "have-nots" and will eventually snap enough to riot. Civil unrest and disorder will be all over the news and many cities will be in flame because of rioting.

Totally agree. And that's only the mild beginning of the end for many, "before" F.E.M.A. takes a much larger role in things.

There may be a group here and there that know what's going on and try to use the confusion to form a real revolution, but I don't think it will be very, if at all, successful. Government units will simply use the riots as the latest excuse to clamp down harder and harder on what's left of freedom and liberty in the name of public safety. Maybe even to the point of bringing in UN troops with their pretty, (and sniper friendly), blue hats.

Freakishly good insight; and their will still only be minimal resistance, while most choose a false sense of security still not feeling the threat that those, "trouble-makers" do.

I sure hope none of this comes to pass, and that if there ever was the start of a revolution, and millions marched on DC with guns drawn, all of the government would surrender and stand trial.

They better do it now, [and they won't], because soon it will be too late with the results of non-involvement being on a world-wide genocidal level. They forgot that that included their loved ones.

The line was drawn a long time ago. We just need to figure out if it's been overstepped, and if so, what we're going to do about it as a whole.

Sorry to say the dumbing down, and mind control of the population has been successful. You are unfortunately correct over-all, "obviously" that the movement will not be timely/sufficient.

This post is just another example of my late night musings. Perhaps it's time for bed.

Worth-while/insightful musing; thanks for stating the obvious that the boiling frogs did not jump away from.

OP I found the thread amusing, [in a positive way] because it was precisely what, on an official poll, would qualify as their #1 question before implementing a, "harsh offensive".

I do not see you as, "one of them"; but it goes without saying that your thread is getting a lot of attention, "in the present/more desperate point in time than people are grasping" that we are in.. Very good thread. S&F

To put it simply, "I believe I have been fighting" for quite some time now; and am not comfortable with the coming decisions I will be forced to make.

Edit-to answer OP: I prefer not to, "tip my hand" so to speak; however I believe it is because I am seeking to be, "applicably" involved currently, using what little I am limited to doing with my abilities at present.

I would like to believe that taking up arms for the right reasons is a small issue to me; and that I would do the right thing. People simply are not reacting to the fact that the time has allways been, "now" to secure the well-being of things that arE..

No consequencE..

Thank you.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by noconsequence]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tormentations

you see that's why I'm sure it's not something that will happen any time soon... see there is no leaders, no one thing to lash out at... if there were you wouldn't need to ask...

However there is growing resentment anger disappointment and worse of all disillusionment... Our government caters to the wealthy elite at the cost of the common man, the people who made this country great... American wasn't meant to be a caste system, it was meant to be a place where all men are created equal... if the powers that be continue down this path they will force an us verses them mentality and trust me when I say we, common men and women, can be a terrible force when push comes to shove...

Who are the enemies? Can't find/identify them? Uh-Isn't that the elite Rothchilds, banks, pharmaceutical companies that keep us looking at all the threats in the world rather than the ones orchestrating the events.

Yup ; the top of the ladder that we know of is in that circle. Those who tie the tails of the cats/people together and throw them across the clothesline, only to see each other as the enemy, rather than pull together and fight the terrible monster that is tieing their tails together.

In other words, when looking for the culprits, follow the money.

No consequencE..

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Its 50/50. I think they will continue the incremental approach and once they gut the economy and launch more false flags or wars, either people will rise up or shut up. Id like to think they will rise but talking to alot of people and seeing the apathetic attitude I think we may be too far gone. Some will revolt at some point but will it be the majority? I doubt it.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

I agree but what happenes when you take away 1 - 10?

Ever snatch a food from dog?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join