It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did George Orwell get it right ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
First of all, sorry, there might be many threads like this one.

Just finished reading George Orwell: Animal Farm and 1984 and I got a strange felling, his books are coming to life.

Animal Farm describes any western country. All leaders are pigs and lie/enslave the population. The book was a little out of hand, but not far off. The leaders change the rules when they want and because of the bureaucracy we can't find out. Take a look at corporations etc. If a medic receives money he is corrupt, if a Congressman receives it, it is lobby money. Now, who is the usefull one here ?

Also only pigs have the power, no matter whom you choose, he's still a pig.

1984: 3 superpowers fighting each other (on neutral ground), just so that they can keep their population suppressed. It is about communism, but these days ... it's almost the same. The US and UK keep fighting wars that can not end so that they can do whatever they want to their people ( see Patriot Act ). Being politically correct is the same as newspeak - get rid of negative words, you can not commit a crime if you don't have any clue it can be done.

Telecreen - microchip implants, GPS, mobile phones, satellites, all the same.

My opinion: We are not far off from communism (lived in it so I can compare) before we couldn't buy things because they were not for sale, not we can't buy they because we can't afford them.

Communism and capitalism are totally distinct, but now they have one thing in common: we are starting to loose our rights.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
First of all, welcome to the New World Order.

Yeah, he got it right. If David Icke is right too, then the only reason Orwell got it right was because he was "in the know", aka an NWO-man.

Depressing future, it is.

Edit: You might want to read Brave New World, too. It's in the same genre, and written by another insider.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by David_Reale]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by randel

You know it's funny how perspectives change. I remember an old teacher of mine who was a diehard "ColdWar" left over and he gave the impression that Animal Farm fit the former Soviet Union more than what we have in the west, Although I do see your point.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by David_Reale

Thank you.

I actually stopped reading about 5 years back and started again. I'll look for the book you talked about. I have huge gaps in literature, good thing i read a novel in 2 days.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

That is because he was a patriot ... I don't love my country so i don't care, but it's hard for someone who loves his country to admit that his country doesn't care about him.

No matter where you are from Orwell got it right, maybe Canada, or Sweden, Norway ... it seems that cold places are not as messed up as warm ones

Evil, stupid people hate the cold.

MMP

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
You should read Brave New World. I personally feel Huxley got it right.

For those of you that don't feel like reading either book or if you're curious as to why I believe Huxley got it right, check out the following web comic.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MMP

Very Good!

Having read both 1984 aand Brave New World, I clicked here and browsed the posts, all the while certain in my opinion that surely Orwell was dead nuts to the bullseye, as thoughts drifted around my head comparing the mental imagery from 1984 to the real world we live in today.

Then I read your post.....and clicked the link!

My perspective has been enlightened. It seems that it's a Brave New World after all.

I take something from this site every time, this time it was that link, really got me thinking.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MMP

Nice link ... have to read the book. The problem is I'm the Orwell type, i read, drink and see myself at 50 living with a cat and alone.

The idea are more or less the same, smart people are controlled by Orwell, average people by Huxley. In 1984 only the party members were under control, in Brave New World they control us all.

Orwell just couldn't imagine we would become this stupid.

Anyway "Brave New World" sounds great, but as i live it ... not as interesting.

edit for spelling

[edit on 20-11-2009 by randel]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
If my understanding is correct Orwell was writing not about 1984 but about 1948. Huxley in Brave New World on d other Hand was writing more about some kind of Future but it also was based on what he saw happening in his Time. D Foundation of d Brave New World Order of 1984 is d Myth that d Victors where Good Guys. United States, England, Russia and China where not interested in Freedom or Justice but in Power. We in d West have invested our Identity and Self-Worth into this Myth of us being d Good Guys. D Brave New World Order of 1984 will never be defeated while we hold on to this Myth.

new topics

top topics

join