It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get Out of Our House (GOOOH)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Get Out of Our House (GOOOH)

canadafreepress.com

Discouraged by the out-of-control federal deficit (now at $11.5 trillion), the complexity of the tax code (67,000 pages), an education system that fails almost 30% of our children (worse than when the Department of Education was formed in 1972), borders that leak like a sieve, and dozens of other failed government programs, GOOOH Founder Tim Cox walked away from a lucrative career in the high tech world to build this system.

According to Cox, “GOOOH is not just another political party. It is a system that will allow you and your neighbors to choose, among yourselves, the person who can b
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
This sounds like what we've been needing. Of course "sounds like" is far from being sound. It would be nice to be able to clean house properly and get some decent people in there for a change.

i Believe this is the way our founding fathers meant for us to choose these people, the president too!! It would start parents once again saying to their children, "You could be president one day!"

Here's the link to the GOOOH site:
goooh.com...

canadafreepress.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I always roll my eyes whenever people start talking about "returning our nation to the way the founders envisioned it"

Because that nation was thirteen competing states where the only actual citizens were white landowning men. Under this system, blacks and women are property, my people are animals, and you would have to disband every branch of the standing military.

Funny how after years of republicans #ting on our heds, and decades of proclaiming "this isn't a democracy, it's a republic!" the cons are suddenly sniffing at direct democracy. Very odd.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Some old ways are better than the things they have evolved into, like our election process. No one wants to return to slavery or any such bs, we ALL need this country back on track. Everything is snowballing and disaster is sure to be the end result.

Having our local "regular Joe" represent us is much preferred over the current "you can't stop us now" a-holes we have. And the savings on campaign spending alone would add up quickly.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SheaWolf

Our election process reflects that we're a nation of over three hundred million people spread over fifty states and six territories, assorted in six readily identifiable continental regions, plus Alaska, Hawai'i, and all those little territories.

Going by exclusively popular vote cannot work in our nation. It barely even worked in the 18th century - that's one of the reasons you had those rules keeping most people from voting, because the fewer people voting, the easier it is to make direct democracy work.

You want the country back on track? Well then get off your back, stop kicking and screaming like a spoiled, snot-faced white trash brat in the middle of a Wal-Mart aisle, and start actually contributing to our nation and society.

I know it;'s hard for a lot of ATS posters to conceive of doing that, but that's what it'll take.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Well then get off your back, stop kicking and screaming like a spoiled, snot-faced white trash brat in the middle of a Wal-Mart aisle, and start actually contributing to our nation and society.

This snarky remark was totally uncalled for! If you don't have proof that the OP is a spoiled, snot-faced white trash brat in the middle of a Wal-Mart aisle and has not done anything to contribute to the nation and society, I would suggest you keep you smart ass remarks to yourself.

I think the GOOOH idea is at least on the right track to rid ourselves of the corrupt pieces of trash on Capital Hill. But, guess since you so quicly dismiss it, you are happy with what we have now. Lord have mercy, we can't really have change, can we, so lets just keeping doing the same thing over and over again and getting the same results - a pile of crap!

What exactly have you done to contribute?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Why are you getting all pissy and acting in a very racist manor? There's no call for that here and you are out of line.

You make it sound like it would be an added burden or an impossible feat for for all of those places to hold elections and vote, they do so every election already.

The problem is, we don't get to choose who we want to represent us. We get a choice between Mr. Bad and Mr. Worse. It's about time we nominate the people we want and they run in an election where money doesn't say who gets the better coverage or is allowed to participate in a debate. A campaign where lobbyists and contributions are forbidden. Where they sign a pact stating how they feel on issues important to US and if they vote in any other way than what they promised, they have 72 hours to vacate the office.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

You want the country back on track? Well then get off your back, stop kicking and screaming like a spoiled, snot-faced white trash brat in the middle of a Wal-Mart aisle, and start actually contributing to our nation and society.

Wow... you are one sad, pathetic (and apparently racist) individual..

I think you need to take a second and chillax my friend.. if you don't like the ideology of someone, perhaps it's best to ignore the thread. Since you apparently cannot refrain from personal attacks, racist comments, and trollish posting habits.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
inthesticks and Rockpuck,
Don't understand his rant, but thank you both for stepping in, it was most appreciated.

What do you think of the GOOOH plan?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I support third party plans (regardless of ideology) .. I personally would never vote for it. It's just simply not inline with my views.. I don't personally see a problem with a Electoral process, as it's done in the traditional Republic method, which GOOOH seems to take issue with. On what they consider to be important issues and the failings of Government I agree with, but there are other, larger parties (like Libertarian or Constitutional) that I would vote for.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I can see your point. However, it's the "parties" that we need to take care with. When you get a large group of people wheeling and dealing in all directions trying to win an election, hidden agendas start popping up. Plus the candidates they choose usually have no clue or don't care, how the people feel about major issues. Though most put on a good front during the campaign and act like the greatest guys in the world...and still we get a dud.

Thanks for commenting, it helps to have feedback on new thoughts and ideas

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
From just the little bit I had read about it, it's definitely interesting and would sure throw a monkey wrench into how things are "always done". I haven't had the time to really read the website, but plan on doing that this weekend.

My basic thought is that almost anything is better than this mess we have today, so I'm willing to try just about anything.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The only way to take this country back and put it to where used to work for the people is taking all the lobbyist pimp and big interest out of Washington.

But then again, who dares to dream. . .

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
The only way to take this country back and put it to where used to work for the people is taking all the lobbyist pimp and big interest out of Washington.

But then again, who dares to dream. . .

I agree, but how are we going to do that with the scum we have on Capital Hill now? We can't. None of them are going to give up their little perks. That's why this GOOOH is interesting to me. Will have to read their webpage more thruoughly, but just skimming it, it appears it could put an end to the corrupt lobbying process if enough people got on board. And therein, probably, lies the problem. Most people are either so Dem or Pub they are unable to break away from "what they know" and try something different. They just keep on doing the same old sh*t, hoping for a different result.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Mission:

GOOOH stands for 'Get Out of Our House' and is pronounced like the word 'go'. It is a NON-PARTISAN plan to evict the 435 career politicians in the U.S. House of Representatives and replace them with everyday Americans just like you.

If you are tired of career politicians, GOOOH is for you. If you believe money has corrupted Washington, GOOOH is for you. If you believe politicians have too much power, GOOOH is for you. If you are weary of the death grip the two parties have on our government, and are ready to return control of our government to the people, then GOOOH is for you.

GOOOH is NOT just another political party. It is a system that will allow you and your neighbors to choose, among yourselves, the person who can best represent your district.

GOOOH is an evolving system and your input is requested. The questions are changing based on the feedback of members just like you. Participate in the forums, take the survey, and send us your thoughts. This is YOUR system. We will perfect it with your input.

GOOOH is a new system that will allow "we the people" to select true representatives, not choose between a Democrat and a Republican. If we continue to elect career politicians who represent their party, the special interests that fund them, and themselves, nothing will change. GOOOH is a non-partisan process that will allow us to effect the change we all know we need.

Source: goooh.com...

edited to add source...

'Nuf said.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by havok]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Wait, your calling your group GOOOH? Really?

Are you going to GOOOH all over the issues?

Tell the government to back off unless they want to get blasted with some hot steamy GOOOH?

Dude, get a better name for this group!

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
There is always a huge distance between a concept and the implementation of the reality. It is certainly interesting food for thought.

What strikes me about this tho, and its not immediately apparent, but they seem to be advocating moving away from "party structure" altogether. In other words, people would be voting for "individuals" in their district who have promised to adhere to a very specific position on very specific issues.

I guess if it is "issue" based and not party based; then why not just have bureaucrats run government according to the way the public as a whole has voted on specific issues and eliminate the politicians altogether?

Now my head really hurts.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
the biggest problem i've had with third party organizations is that they talk in general terms. it's easy to say we need to return to the gold and silver standard for our currency, but the details are left out.
i think the best thing to do is contact your local congressmen, and see if you can get details on legislation.
also, you can get transcripts of congressional hearings on a variety of important legislation, and see the details in writing.
as you have noticed, i have used the word details 3 times in the above sentences. the reason?....that is what makes legislation work. it is not the slogans, flippant phrases, or talking points commonly heard from the media. educate yourself, and read through the enormous amount of important details that have to be taken into consideration before any laws are passed. it's dull, it's mind-numbing, and it's a necessity.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I agree to an extent. The Two Parties talk in very general terms. Ask any Democrat or Republican a question and you WONT get an answer. It's either a magic trick because people think they got an answer when they did not, or people are just incredibly stupid. i'd like to think magic .. but .. well..

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Looking at the way things have gone with the 2 party system, we definitely need a change. But, look where believing in someone who preached "change" as their political objective has gotten us today.

We don't need a government making changes, we need a changed government.

No matter who we put in our political offices, they MUST all respect the words and laws of the Constitution and the rights of the people of this country. Anyone who doesn't, doesn't deserve the office and should be immediately fired.

Thank you all for your comments, definitely food for thought

new topics

top topics

join