It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News again accused of airing misleading video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Fox News again accused of airing misleading video

news.yahoo.com

For the second time in just over a week, Fox News is coming under fire for misusing old news footage. The latest flap is leading some people to charge that the cable news network is intentionally misleading its audience, while Fox claims a "production error."

Wednesday's incident occurred when Fox News host Gregg Jarrett mentioned that a Sarah Palin appearance and book signing in Grand Rapids, Michigan had a massive turnout. As footage rolled of a smiling and waving Palin amidst a throng of fans, Jarrett noted that the former Republican vice-presidential candidate is "continuing to dra
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
All I can say here is LOL. Fox News at it's finest. And just when the Palin bandwagon was coming back around. Why is it that Fox News can not seem to present a clear, straight forward, truthful, unbiased report? I guess BS sells.

The current mishap comes on the heels of a controversy sparked last week when footage from a conservative rally held over the summer was played on "Hannity" during a segment on a more recent rally. During the clip, host Sean Hannity marveled over the large turnout for a Washington, DC protest.

Hannity is such a snake in the grass...Scratch that....the entire Faux Newz staff is a joke. Journalists? I think not. How freaking hard is it to do a little fact checking?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-11-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Fox "News" makes Joseph Goebbels smile

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I see segments of Hannity and I just shake my head. I don't know how anybody can watch him. He just spews garbage, a lot of which is not even remotely true.

I loved Jon Stewarts response to Hannity's apology.

www.thedailyshow.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The segment on Jon Stewart shows Hannity blaming the incompetency of the government for not producing enough vaccine.

Fracking idiot. The government doesn't make vaccines. ONly five companies in the world make vaccines, and they said it will take 6 months just to get the vaccine out.
Private companies.

[edit on 19-11-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Is this really the best you got? So they messed up, big deal. We have a bunch of Marxists in the Obama admin and all you can do to defend it is worry about a 5 second background video clip?

[edit on 19-11-2009 by HotSauce]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
This is just more liberal attacks on Fox news, even if this bunk was true Palin is HOT and Pelosi is ugly, so you can take that to the bank! We win! Libs are scared to death of Palin, gotta wonder why? Palin/Beck 2012!

(the above post was poking fun at republican responses, if the above post got you tingly and excited seek psychiatric help immediately)

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Can we say repeat offender? I think it's safe to say, Yes.
Second line.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Watching Fox news is one thing, but how can anyone watch news that talks about Fox's news?

That's.. pretty psychotic. Maybe just focus on the news instead of being insanely hypocritical?

No, I don't watch Fox news. I can't remember the last time I ever saw one of their pundits speak. Furthermore, I find it doubly worse to have to watch another so-called news anchor trash another news anchor that's supposed to be super-worthless... TWENTY FOUR SEVEN.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce

Is this really the best you got? So they messed up, big deal. We have a bunch of Marxists in the Obama admin and all you can do to defend it is worry about a 5 second background video clip?

[edit on 19-11-2009 by HotSauce]

I sat here and thought to myself..."should I dignify this with a response"...nah

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

What makes Fox so great is not their fair and balanced news but the chick news readers on there are HOT. And they wear short dresses and have big lips. That's HOT.

And their graphics look like saturday morning cartoon shows. That HOT too and I like it.

I don't care what Fox does. It's HOT. yeah!!

[/sarcasm] or couldn't you tell. Sarcasm's HOT!!

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

LOL So true! Maybe Fox should bring Paris Hilton on too...if for no other reason...."That's Hot"

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The issue here is that you people STILL watch news at all! As if any of it is actually real! Trust me, turning off the t.v. is nothing short of a religious experience.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by juzchilln]

top topics

join