It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel angers U.S. by approving new West Bank homes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Here is an update to this situation:
Edit: second line

Beijing says plan to expand southeastern Jerusalem neighborhood poses new obstacles to peace process, urges 'concrete measures to restore Palestine-Israel mutual trust.' PA officials: Americans now realize Israel deriding US, international law

China criticizes new Israeli move on settlements

[edit on 19-11-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

There will be no peace! Any peace treaty will be broken.Remember the
treaties Hitler signed? How long did they last?probably as long as it took
for the otherside to walk out the door after the signing.
The land belongs to Israel,they can build where ever they please.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

WOW
China and US agreeing on something regarding Israel?
Thanks for the update

Looks like things are about to get very interesting!
Or...... it's all a puppet show
might be a little bit of both

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phedreus
reply to post by buddhasystem

The kind that comes from being attacked by missiles daily, to having scum of the earth terrorist kill your women and children with bombs strapped on their backs.

I hate terrorists just like the next guy on the block. However, you simply repeated the same nonsense I refuted in my post -- that Israel's "wish to exist" equals its presumed (and non-existent) right to annex whatever it wants (and can). Nice try on guilt trip tactics, pal, but it ain't gonna fly.

If the other Arab states are so concerned with the pals then let them take them in.

I say if we care so much about Israel it's time to evacuate them all into the US, instead of adding more and more fuel to the fire.

and quite frankly lets jut go ahead and give them the entire region that was Israel in the time of the Old Testament.

Any arguments that sounds as one produced by a religious nut is not worthy my consideration.

[edit on 19-11-2009 by buddhasystem]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Update on this non-story:

US Criticism of building plans angers Gilo residents

Residents of Gilo on Wednesday reacted with surprise and anger to news that the US administration was dismayed by a government decision to approve 900 new homes in their neighborhood, questioning the relevance of the criticism while denouncing it unequivocally.

"It's just so ridiculous," said Silva, as she walked outside her home on the neighborhood's Rehov Shabtai Hanegbi.

"Anyone who is opposed to us building in Gilo obviously doesn't know the neighborhood very well. There are more than 40,000 people living here - it could very well be a city within itself. I never even thought that Gilo was up for discussion."

Source

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
To be honest the more I read about this, the more it seems that Arabs are trying to drive Jews out of Jerusalem, and not the other way round.

They tried it with rockets and bombs, it didn't work, so now they're trying it by playing the international community. The media just has to mention the words "Israel approves".."homes".."settlement" and you're guaranteed public disapproval from Obama's administration.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor
The media just has to mention the words "Israel approves".."homes".."settlement" and you're guaranteed public disapproval from Obama's administration.

The concept of a land grab, so dear to Israeli heart, angers not just Obama's administration but many honest Americans. Yes, underhanded tactics pften guarantee public disapproval. What else is new?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Well if you bother to do any research you'll see that Gilo is a suburb of Jerusalem established shortly after 1967 Arab-Israel war.

You'll also see that it has a population of some 40,000 - predominantly Jewish.

Land grab? I don't think so.

Why should they not build some new apartments there? More to the point why should they need to seek American approval before building in their own capital city, in their own country?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mattpryor

Whoops, the truth again. Darn why let the facts get in the way of a good hate Israel propaganda piece?

You would not believe the shenanigans that go on to impress the western media over there. The Pal.s stage 'atrocities' all the time to garner western support.

Palestinian Faked Images

The fact is, the muslims over there do everything they can to subvert and destroy Israel first, and christians second. I'll never forget seeing what they did to Golgotha where Jesus was crucified. The arabs put dynamite in the cliffs to destroy any evidence that Jesus was crucified there. Unfortunately for them there is plenty of photographic evidence of what Golgotha looked like before they desecrated it.

They also dig up graves and put dead bones around the temple mount in a vain hope that the messiah will make himself unclean when he comes to the mount.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Palestinians want to build a football field near Ramallah, with the financial aid of FIFA, France and Germany. Now I read that zionist Israel government wants them to stop building that football ground or field !!!! they did give their autorisation very long ago and now they pretend that it is military ground and building must be stopped !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what the hell does this zionist government really want ??? the Pals may not play football now ??? what the hell, this is sickening plaguing of the people, specialy the young ones : this will bring more and more hate all over there instead of calming down the tensions !! Israel really thinks it is superior to the others, Talmud mentallity, very dangerous up there with their religious extremism !!!

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Sunlionspirit

Strange - I had a look for news of this on the web.

Seems the stadium was built last year:

BBC News (2008)

Please explain?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

well I did read this in a deutch newspaper ( I read lots of newspapers in 4 languages- they speak about Haaretz also in the article but I do not find anything yet in Haaretz and also it is marked anp/adb ( ANP = Netherlands ) - so here it goes in Dutch :

Het Israëlische leger eist dat de Palestijnen stoppen met de bouw van een voetbalstadion bij de stad Ramallah. Volgens Israël werd er voor de bouw van het stadion geen vergunning verstrekt. Dat meldt de Israëlische krant Haaretz.

FIFA
De wereldvoetbalbond FIFA financierde de bouw van het stadion om het voetbal in de Palestijnse gebieden te promoten. Ook Duitsland en Frankrijk stelden geld beschikbaar voor het project. Het stadion moet plaats bieden aan achtduizend toeschouwers en wordt gebouwd in Al-Bireh, niet ver van Ramallah op de Westelijke Jordaanoever. Volgens Haaretz heeft een Israëlische aannemer in samenwerking met een Nederlands bedrijf en een Palestijnse onderaannnemer het voetbalveld aangelegd.

Toestemming
In 1973 gaf Israël toestemming voor de bouw van het stadion. Het land is daar nu op teruggekomen. Het gebied waarin het stadion wordt gebouwd, kreeg tijdens de Palestijns-Israëlische vredesakkoorden midden jaren negentig een andere status. Het gebied valt nu onder toezicht van het Israëlische leger. Israël eist dat de werkzaamheden snel worden gestaakt en waarschuwt dat anders tot sloop van het stadion wordt overgegaan. (anp/adb) ///
So they say that all further construction must be stopped or they will demolish the construction ......

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Le Monde : 20 novembre 2009
Football: pas (encore) de match à Ramallah

clipbo.1258737595.jpg

La journaliste israélienne du Haaretz Amira Hass est régulièrement éreintée dans son pays par les critiques qui considèrent, à juste titre, que sa couverture du dossier palestinien déroge au consensus national. Sa connaissance du terrain lui vaut cependant de publier régulièrement des histoires intéressantes, comme celle-ci . A l’intiative de la FIFA , organe suprême du football mondial, un stade devait être construit dans la municipalité jumelle de Ramallah, El-Bireh, en partie grâce à des financements européens (néerlandais, allemands et français.)

Les travaux allaient bon train jusqu’à ce qu’ils soient stoppés par l’armée israélienne au motif qu’une partie du stade se trouvait en zone B, zone mixte contrôlée à la fois par Israël et l’Autorité palestinienne (mais par Israël pour tout ce qui relève de la question primordiale de la sécurité.) Selon la conclusion de l’article, les deux parties en présence rechercheraient un compromis.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor

Well if you bother to do any research you'll see that Gilo is a suburb of Jerusalem established shortly after 1967 Arab-Israel war.

en.wikipedia.org...

Gilo is located over the 1967 Green Line. It is considered to be an illegal settlement built on occupied land by the United Nations and European Union.

Land grab? I don't think so.

Well, you know, if God forbid you get robbed at gunpoint, I'll reserve my right to call the event "redistribution of property".

Why should they not build some new apartments there? More to the point why should they need to seek American approval before building in their own capital city, in their own country?

Because existence of Israel squarely depends on the US support, and our (American) opinion matters. I suggest we cancel all support until Israel returns to the UN-sanctioned borders. It's wishful thinking, of course, because Israeli lobby has a firm grip on the Congress of this once free country

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Here's a new update to the settlement issue. It seems Brazil has now stepped in and criticised Israel.

SALVADOR, Brazil — Israeli settlement expansion on Palestinian territory must stop immediately, President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva said Friday as he seeks to position Brazil as a player in the Middle East.

"The expansion of West Bank settlements must be frozen," Lula said after meeting with Palestinian leader Mahmud Abbas.

"The borders of the future Palestinian state should be preserved, and freedom of movement needs to be guaranteed in the occupied territories."

He noted that under the US-backed 2003 roadmap, a peace plan that calls for a Palestinian state living side by side with Israel, the Jewish state is required to freeze all settlement construction. For his part, Abbas blasted Israel's decision to pursue settlement activity as an "obstacle on the road to peace" in the Middle East.

The roadmap also demands that Israel dismantle all settlement outposts, or dwellings the state itself considers illegal.

Brazil's Lula calls for Israel settlement freeze

So now we have US/ UK/ China / Brazil who have asked Israel to immediatly halt the settlements. However, in face of no concrete steps I would call it a mere eyewash. Unless these countries act in for resolution at the UN meet, it's just a choir.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I agree with the fact that my reply is not a reply concerning the building of zionist homes in Jerusalem ... but it has to do of course with the zionist mentality of punishing the simple Pal people ..... it's all the same : zionist great Israel, steeling land, steeling water supplies, always denying their zionist tactics .... poor Israel, the choosen ones .... the choosen ones ??? I prefer the poor people that have no other choice than suffer reality !!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Sunlionspirit

No, your reply was another example of "stuff people make up" to defame and vilify Israelis. The stadium at Ramallah was opened last year, and yet you tried to tell us that Israel is blocking its construction. Pure disinformation.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   

come on man, didn't you read the article in Haaretz ???? what are you telling me ?? the field is ready but maybe not terminated, maybe some other things have to be build but the article says it clear and on date 20/11 that they have to stop all their building otherwise ....
you are not serious my friend, you do not want to see how your zionist government is getting mad mad mad, you are becoming the paria of the civilized world if even people may not play football any longer in their own territories ....... the danger lays in the religion and the zionism that want to make great Israel first and then only for Jews !!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join