It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What i got out of the 2012 movie

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Last night i watched it and i loved it..

Its shows the alignment of the planets and the sun gives off some big ass solar flares (i think they are called that)

They cause the earths core to destablize, causing the poles to freely move and change locations.

As the goverments know this they start to collect all of Earths prized possesions, they put the Mona Lisa in a case and replace it with a fake, when someone trys to blow the whistle he gets killed in a tunnel by the govt, showing the govt are willing to do anything to stop the secret getting out.

All the major countries of the world got tickets to go on a huge boat, and each ticket cost 1billion each..

They also got two of each animal, like noahs ark.

Basiclly if you dont have 1bn euros, your not coming in!

And that i can beleive if it really does happen..

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
^ yep, that's what i got out of it, I still wonder why they had planet x scenario's for the viral marketing if it was about the solar storms though, or do you think they used several different scenarios to pull in bigger numbers to theatres?

and why they specifically mentioned that the guy they killed in the tunnel, died in the same one as Princess Di. hmm. I also thought yellowstone would have produced a slightly bigger bang then it did but i suppose you only get a certain amount in a budget for sfx.

Would i get flamed if i mentioned that i really liked that little dog? more then John Cusack anyways.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

After watching 2012 my first thought was they were in deep trouble... they filled their ships with rich and powerful elitist... where were the skilled tradesmen the engineers doctors and nurses...where are the farmers??? that old fat Russian was lucky he fell overboard cause he'd have a stroke if he had to build himself a hut...

Granted the movie did focus on the limo driver so a lot of big details were glossed over like how with the eruption of Yellowstone most of the eastern US would be uninhabitable for decades but were talking Hollywood right..

if you could turn off reason and accept it for another fast action movie it was pretty good.. great special effects... not so good in the raw science department

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Another thing, I got from this movie, we the ordinary people would not survive, those at the head of our countries would leave us all to our own destiny, deaths, which ever that may be.

Some of the film was too real to watch, (collasping of sky scrapers for one), seeing the pope being killed outright along with his cardinals and faithfull worshippers, that was a little uneasy to watch.

Typicalof the UK government to impose a blackout on information.

The rock (from yellowstone) hiting that mad dude that was hilarious to say the least. Oh and the arnold wannabe ws hilarious also.

Over all good movie, would watch it again.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

That's the punchline of it. They might make landfall somewhere but then what? Starve to death? Be eaten by the African wildlife? Be rounded up and raped to death by the heavily armed warlords? Africa would have been a mix of Jurassic Park and Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome.

I think I'd take my chances on a boat in the middle of the ocean.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Haven't watched the movie.

Hollywood is a very crafty monster, Recently, I found myself watching numerous "2012" themed episodes on the History channel. I awoke with a moment of clarity after I realized the History Channel is hyping the 2012 movie debut.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Yeah well I was not impressed..... It seemed to me that it was a made for TV movie that made it to the big screen....Now if I could see the uncut version maybe I'd change my mind but even the way it was filmed seemed made for TV...Graphics were great but............for me it's one to wait and rent......

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
It was surprisingly entertaining...I went in with the expectation that this was going to probably suck...but in the end I thought it was a good movie...Woody Harrilson, sorry I know I misspelled that, was my favorite character...total nut, out on the rim of a super volcano excited about the end of the world, lol. But the big question is, am I now a believer in the 2012 doomsday stuff? No...lol sorry kids this whole thing is a load, but its fun to make movies about it none the less.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
i found other pretty cool thing
- call it poetic justice or not
but i loved how that carrier named after Kennedy took the whitehouse

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Hi all

2012 was one of the worst films i have seen this year! I can't even express the feeling.

It's only worth for the CGI, but i have seen better on my desktop :-).

This movie, IMO, is a waste of resources, full of clichés, in a word: BAD

If this movie were a person their parents would be a james bond movie and athe armagedon movie .-)))))))

In the movie, near the end, there is a situation where the dignity of the humans is challenged by egoism of the elite. But because it is a movie the GOOD wins, but if it were the real world i would doubt it.

Its a movie to guide the audience feeling that there will always be a GOV taking care of us in case of disaster. Yeah, we saw it this year with the foreclosures and unemployment, and Katrina. Yeah right!

Sorry but i am tired of seeing movies like this, were reality is distorted beyond the limits and in the end the moral transmited is always FAKE.

Its a good movie to see in fast forward.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Best quote, "When the govt says dont panic, its time to panic"

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Exactly!

We the ordinary tax paying citizen would not find out anything until it was too late, those Governments are only in for it for themselves nothing else.

What I too got from this movie, work and enjoy my life to the fulliest with my children, even go to disney world with them, take out credit cards that dont need tobe paid back until after that date in 2012.

I will say something, I have been back at my work from monday and the way people are going about, really quiet, not talkative, which is unusual, for the compan I work with,

Maybe it is justme yes!

[edit on 17-11-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The film makers must be laughing all the way to the bank. 2012 is no 1 at the box office in the UK, Its first week it drew in £6.48m.

Box Office UK Top 5

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Saw the movie last night, interesting story and spectacular CGI, but some of the acting and dialog made me cringe.

Those horrific error's will keep it from being a classic

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
What i got out of it was that it was a pretty terrible film with appalling acting and stupidly big budget.

Other than that... Meh.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
The CGI was fantastic, the movie (story and science) was terrible.
The combined almost every scenario into 1 movie. That is a combination of solar flares, heating the earth's core, shifting the continent's and alo a magnetic polar shift. Mix al these ting together and you'll have a nice doomsday cocktail.

Btw. the planet inlinement @ the biginning of the movie, witch planet was the thirt in the top of the screen. didn't look like Mars or anything?

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Well I enjoyed the film.. the CGI was fun :-) and the plot was no where near as bad as I thought it would be..

the good vs evil scenes at the end where.. well what can I say about it, except wrong.. I think I can quite comfortably say they would give a 2 finger salute to those left behind..

But i couldn't see Queenie getting on.. As I think she'd go on a G&T bender ;-)

One really good thing is they did not represent Gordo in the Mix of Elite.. I think I might have shot myself if he got in the big screen...

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
One of the things I liked about this movie was the insane guy [conspiracy theorist] turned out to be not insane but right on the money. He knew and tried to warn as many as he could, but no one seemed to listen or care, but our hero limo driver.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ThraexX

It looked like the moon or venus, or better still, maybe it was the dreaded planet X!!!!

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Saw it last night, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

The two things that struck me most for some odd reason were 1.) QE II getting on the ark with her dogs (what a total waste of space that would be) and 2.) maybe this is why we're pouring all that money and technology and other resources into and defending China against all common sense and odds...who knows what's really going on there.

Oh, and even the Cussack character didn't believe the Harrelson character until he found out big Russian dude had a seat on an ark.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join