It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is The Vatican So Interested In Extra Terrestrial Life ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
here's a thought provoking News report discussing why the Vatican is so interested in Extra Terrestrials and i wanted to share it. it's a great question, why the interest ?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b52bdf2eac09.png[/atsimg]

The Vatican Advanced Technology Telescope on Mount Graham is a major research tool for Vatican Observatory astronomers
link

Allen Hynek later in life admitted project Blue Book was intended to explain away UFO reports and not really investigate the sightings.
watch here...
www.youtube.com...

Dr. Hynek also later revealed that Astronomers do see UFO's but don't ususally report them due to the ridicule factor and the potential to lose project funding.

UFO reports by Astronomers
www.scribd.com...

UFO video capture by telescope

what impact will contact or finding intelligent life elsewhere have on Religion ? and how can the Vatican not already know we are being visited if there have been millions of UFO reports filed in the last century and have an observatory that is watching the sky's ?

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
"If alien disclosure comes, say good-bye to the believers faith."
Vatican doesn't want to lose their followers.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Why? Well, it's quite simple really: They think disclosure will convert new believers away from Roman Catholicism to a new cadre of followers abandoning traditional Christianity (and other monotheistic dogmas) in favor of the "enlightenment" as revealed through an alternative, such as HankMcKoy's new "Extraterrestrialism".

It's all about market share. And the pope doesn't want to lose any of his flock (and their donated dollars, euros, pounds, etc.) to some New Guys!

For a detailed analysis of this phenomena, you may wish to review this post and thread....

Ahh, yes... interesting times are ahead, are they not?

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Cause they kno that christiantiy sucks so bad like all other religions of the world.....
w

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoonandStar
like all other religions of the world.....
w

Not all other religions.
Buddhism is good and wonderful.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551
"If alien disclosure comes, say good-bye to the believers faith."
Vatican doesn't want to lose their followers.

Xtians have already got around that one, apparently aliens (if there's are any) are demons.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
apparently aliens (if there's are any) are demons.

And aliens are probably laughing at how ignorant humans are.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I don't think it is that significant really. The Vatican has and does, research just about every subject known to man. They have members of their church in every scientific discipline. This is just one more of those things they research. NOTHING will shake their belief system though, that I am convinced of.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by vance
NOTHING will shake their belief system though, that I am convinced of.

What if aliens said they made the religions to keep humanity ignorant and enslaved on Prison Planet Earth?

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

Well, I'm no Catholic but, from the ones I have met in my years like I said, NOTHING would break their belief. Most would call them demons and go on with their lives and faith.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Why is the Vatican so interested in E.T. life?

What would happen if they were the first ones to have contact with Aliens?

I think they are actively pursuing being the first to contact Aliens to ensure the Catholic Church's survival. They want to be the first so they can make a pact or treaty with the aliens to let them retain their rule.
What would you do if you thought you were the supreme faith of the world and thought you were making the life/religion decisions for the World, but then you found out there are more Worlds? If these Worlds have more intelligent beings and they give their wisdom and technology to us, then a majority of the Cathloic following will vanish. Some people wont leave becuase they dont want their entire life to be for not, but their kids will question it. The Church is deeply afraid of this because its the only thing that could wake everybody up at once.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

It's all about market share. And the pope doesn't want to lose any of his flock (and their donated dollars, euros, pounds, etc.) to some New Guys!

very possible but why do people always assume these E.T's will not know anything about a Supreme Being or a ruler of the Universe which we call God ? what if they actually know of the creator and reinforce the current Christian beliefs or something similar ? what if they know nothing ?

do you really think Christians will leave the Church or change their beliefs if this thing in the picture shows up here on Earth or is found somewhere on another planet ?.....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b46110518184.jpg[/atsimg]

it won't change my beliefs and i don't understand the logic of why people think the Catholic faith will suddenly fall apart because some other life form is found. just saying

reply to post by vance

Well, I'm no Catholic but, from the ones I have met in my years like I said, NOTHING would break their belief. Most would call them demons and go on with their lives and faith.

i am a Christian and i wouldn't do that. of course there are some that will automatically presume them to be demons but i think most would look to see what it's all about before jumping on that bandwagon. just my opinion

[edit on 16-11-2009 by easynow]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

My understanding is that the bible does not rule out the possibility of extra-terrestrial life. Therefore, alien life is allowed under current religious dogma.

To me, the only plausible motivations for the Vatican's recent activity in the extraterrestrial crowd is either a forthcoming disclosure or a fear of said disclosure for reasons that have not been made public at this time.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BuffaloJoe

My understanding is that the bible does not rule out the possibility of extra-terrestrial life.

And I believe the Bible code is made by aliens.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by sphinx551]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
My theory is that they are so interested because they would like to convert these said aliens to their belief system as well.
Hey, if they can convert aliens to believe in the Lord, who's stoppin' them from converting normal humans?!

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

They should be leading the search .

The Buddhists should of built C.E.R.N .

The Muslims should be excepting Martyrdom missions to the edge of our solar system and beyond.

Whilst the lay-people, look on wondering .......

How do those seekers of truth do it ?

[edit on 16-11-2009 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
It's a good job the Vatican admitted to wrongdoing in the case of Galileo, otherwise their observatory would have all the orbits screwed up. Imagine looking for an incoming UFO if your calculations are based on the Universe orbiting the Earth!

I too believe that a species capable of regular interplanetary (yes, I know...but we did bury a few spacecraft into Mars..), or even interstellar travel, would likely have a very good handle on the universe and how it works. They may even have an encyclopedic study of Earth from its beginnings. I, for one, would likely believe scientific study from a EBE over Dogmatic mythology from the Vatican. If the aliens said, "All that Bible stuff.....Didn't happen like that at all and here's the video..." What would happen to the Vatican's power base and income? They have to have a plan...

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

What would happen if they were the first ones to have contact with Aliens? I think they are actively pursuing being the first to contact Aliens to ensure the Catholic Church's survival. They want to be the first so they can make a pact or treaty with the aliens to let them retain their rule.

so if these Aliens are far more advanced than us and more intelligent , why would they agree to anything false or a lie ? i don't understand the logic in that. your saying the Vatican is going to try and persuade a E.T. race that knows something we don't and they will just agree to lie and make a "pact" ? doesn't seem likely to me.

What would you do if you thought you were the supreme faith of the world and thought you were making the life/religion decisions for the World, but then you found out there are more Worlds?

how does finding other worlds change the belief in a Supreme being that rules the Universe ?

If these Worlds have more intelligent beings and they give their wisdom and technology to us, then a majority of the Cathloic following will vanish.

how so ? just because "God" created other beings in the Universe all Catholics are going to run away from their faith ?

Some people wont leave becuase they dont want their entire life to be for not, but their kids will question it.

question what ? and most people in my opinion are not going to just throw caution to the wind and believe what some stranger, from who really knows where, is telling them. will you ?

The Church is deeply afraid of this because its the only thing that could wake everybody up at once.

wake everyone up to what ?...... that God created the Universe ?

[edit on 16-11-2009 by easynow]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
reply to post by tooo many pills

how so ? just because "God" created other beings in the Universe all Catholics are going to run away from their faith ?

Because they could realize their religion and/or theology could be wrong amongst many different civilizations in the universe. Humans don't even know everything about the universe and they think they have the right religion/concept? Who are humans to set this mindset standard that humans on Earth right and everybody else would be wrong? Who knows if other aliens even have religion? If they do, it will be different than humans way. Then who is right and who is wrong?

[edit on 16-11-2009 by sphinx551]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
It's ok guys.

Really

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join