It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the anti cancer diet and probable cure for cancer and other illnesses: the EVIDENCE for you

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Well i have gotten a lot of flak on here for talking about how diet can probly cure cancer and other illnesses but according to some, not providing enough sources to back up my claims. So here you go, the evidence you have been wanting to see.

Enjoy.

1. No red meat or dairy: (the inflammation mechanism to spread cancer)

how eating red meat can spur cancer progression (article re: uni of california research)

markers for inflammation discovered in breast cancer survivors are linked to survival (article: study by fred hutchinson cancer research centre)

meat and dairy link to breast cancer risk (article re: study by melbourne uni)

prevent breast cancer with vitamin d and a vegan diet (a relevant article)

evidence for a human specific mechanism for diet and antibody mediated inflammation in carcinoma progression

healthy nutrition choices for breast cancer and other women's cancers (the cancer nutrition centre article)

(the second last one was varki's study)

the china study (article :re:dr campbell's study - from Cornell uni - re: no meat and no dairy)

some snippets of information from the china project

Below: an article about the western diet and links to cancer and disease caused by this MEAT-SWEET diet.

westerninizing women's risks? breast cancer in lower income countries (new england journal of medicine article)

Below: Harvard article about link between cancer and milk

hormones in milk can be dangerous (harvard article re: cancer and dairy link)

too much meat, dairy raises breast cancer risk (reuters article)

hormones in milk are linked to cancer (consumer health journal)

got breast cancer? (article from milksucks.com re milk animal food link to cancer)

red meat blamed for increased cancer risk (abc article)

eating red meat may raise breast cancer risk

higher red meat intake may increase risk for certain breast cancers (science daily)

molecule found in meat, milk and tumours (Neu5Gc)

breast cancer statistics (graphs of breast cancer rates vs countries that eat most meat, dairy etc)

non human molecule absorbed by eating red meat and dairy generates an immune response against hte molecule (study by UCSD Researchers)

why cant humans produce Neu5Ge (found in milk and red meat)?

oxford journals article about Neu5Gc found in red meat and dairy and link to disease (read the last para.)

study links breast cancer to western diet (shanghai breast cancer study)

breast health tip one: avoid sugarprof jane plant: cure breast cancer by avoiding all milk products

doctor's studies link dairy to cancer risk

2. No alcohol.

why alcohol boosts breast cancer risk (study)

alcohol linked to cancer risk in women (article)

alcohol and breast cancer risk: new findings (NCIstitute)

3. No sugar (or aspartame of course..)

funding for diet and breast cancer link (article about sugar and link to cancer via IGF cascade)

4. Eat your seaweed:

breast cancer choices.org: lab studies on rats.human cells with iodine and progesterone.

5. Eat your soy

phytoestrogens and breast cancer

6. Get enough folate. (chemo deprives your body of folate)

folate deficiency leads to cancer

7. Get enough magnesium. most people are deficient.

magnesium and cancer - links.

You might wanna ask yourself why none of these studies or breakthrus by reputable scientists or universities ever makes the nightly news or radio, but why ever minor thing to do with a new drug that hasnt even been tested yet, does.

To be continued...

[edit on 15-11-2009 by rapunzel222]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
that is insanity, everyone knows red meat is packed full of protien and stuff.
i challenge you to rpove this beyond a shadow of a doubt, since multiple sources and articles written by various doctors and professors can easily be debunked, meat has protien .
stop spreading lies on teh interenet.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
good some people are looking at what they are ingesting. cancer , the best de-pop disease category ever, is widely looked over in western society. It sucks that america is more about treatment or living with it then preventing and curing.

Most things we are in contact with has some cancer-gen, in it, we ingest,digest,apply way too many chemicals that are engineered by man and made for profit instead of for health. I could just be paranoid but it seems the powers that be want us to be sick, more money for them either way you look at it.

I've been steadily trying to fix not my diet but my overall habit towards food. Going to organic veggies, high fructose free drinks, fluoride free toothpaste, less overall digestion of non natural chems. has affected my health alot since the switch. Take it for what it is, just an opinion, but good thread op

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I saw the title and thought, "there's no way you made another thread on the very same subject."

Then I clicked, and sure enough. It's repunzel.

Did you really feel it neccesary to post another thread on this topic after posting one less than a month ago? www.belowtopsecret.com...

www.sciencedaily.com... and www.medicalnewstoday.com... and www.pnas.org...: Inflammation!

While it's true that consuming red meat increases Neu5Gc in the blood, and it's also true that antibodies are formed against it, and it's true that inflammation is the product, it doesn't mean Neu5Gc, through red meat, causes cancer. You're linking inflammation with cancer. That's it.

In case you didn't know, Grass-fed cows produce red meat that is high in oleic acid and is a good source for omega-3's, both of which are ANTI INFLAMMATORY.
So, feel free to indulge.

meat and dairy link to breast cancer risk (article re: study by melbourne uni)

Here's the actual study, not an article.
www.nature.com...

Mean concentrations of total and free estradiol were 15 and 14% higher for women in the highest quartile of dairy product consumption than for those in the lowest quartile, respectively. No associations were observed with consumption of processed meat, chicken, fish, eggs, cholesterol, fats or protein.

Conclusions: Our study suggests that greater consumption of total red and fresh red meat and dairy products might influence circulating concentrations of SHBG and estradiol, respectively. Confirmation and further investigation is required.

Nice try. That's what happens when you rely on articles. So, from now on, every article you post that is "evidence," I'll go ahead and ignore them for reasons that are very obvious here.

The China Study/Project:

I've explained....and explained, after multiple posts by yourself, that the china study popular science book and project are NOT proof of anything. The china project paper was very misleading regarding the actual results that were observed, AND, it's an observational study that does not prove causality.

The China Study book...... Campbell is an idiot. Any man who thinks consuming over 0g of cholesterol is dangerous needs to go back to the physiology and biochemstry books.

content.nejm.org...

Please explain how "westernized" means meat and dairy?

I won't argue with sugar and alcohol.

Are you done googling for information that supports your preconeption?

-Dev

[edit on 15-11-2009 by DevolutionEvolvd]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
You are a (Snip) trying to make people believe this drivel.
As someone dieing from cancer and spoken to a lot of doctors who specialize in cancer, not one of them will say diet has anything to do with getting rid of cancer, causing, or preventing it. There is just to much they are not sure of.
So unlike you I know what you are saying is dangerous for people who are grasping at straws for a way to survive.
That is not to say there are not a lot of options that are out there they are working on. So there is always hope. I just feel like it is wrong to give someone with limited time false hope. And telling someone who needs the nutrients in those foods not to eat them is one of the worst things anyone could do.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by asala]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by STFUPPERCUTTER

if by spreading lies you mean posting links to studies from major universities all over the world and articles form the same unis, like harvard, cornell and so on, im sorry, but i will continue to do so.

'everyone knows' do they?

YOU know, because you saw it on tv.
YOU know cuz your doctor (who DOESNT do medical research, and DOESNT have time to look up these types of studies and DIDNT study nutrition at med school) doesnt tell you the truth, or know about these studies, because these studies are NOT brought to your doctor's attention.

Why? because drug companies control western medicine. they fund medical journals and unviersities. THEY provide your doctor wiht ongoing training and ongong information about how to treat patients. which mostly involves giving them drugs of course.

yeah, 'everyone' knows alrite. but everyone is wrong. everyone is being lied to.

follow the herd if you like.

dont trust or believe the top medical researchers at the top universities world wide.

its your choice.

THis stuff about diet and disease will NEVER appear on your tv or radio, because it IS NOT in many people's interests. e.g. drug companies, meat and dairy industries and confectionary companies do NOT want you to now this info.

they wud lose their jobs if people fixed their diets.

the wud lose their livelihoods if they cudnt sell you drugs.

they lobby your governments to keep a LID on this info.

so that 'everyone will know' that its false...

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Stop promoting soy......

-High levels of phytic acid in soy reduce assimilation of calcium, magnesium, copper, iron and zinc. Phytic acid in soy is not neutralized by ordinary preparation methods such as soaking, sprouting and long, slow cooking. High phytate diets have caused growth problems in children.
-Trypsin inhibitors in soy interfere with protein digestion and may cause pancreatic disorders. In test animals soy containing trypsin inhibitors caused stunted growth.
-Soy phytoestrogens disrupt endocrine function and have the potential to cause infertility and to promote breast cancer in adult women.
-Soy phytoestrogens are potent antithyroid agents that cause hypothyroidism and may cause thyroid cancer. In infants, consumption of soy formula has been linked to autoimmune thyroid disease.
-Vitamin B12 analogs in soy are not absorbed and actually increase the body's requirement for B12.
-Soy foods increase the body's requirement for vitamin D.
-Fragile proteins are denatured during high temperature processing to make soy protein isolate and textured vegetable protein.
-Processing of soy protein results in the formation of toxic lysinoalanine and highly carcinogenic nitrosamines.
-Free glutamic acid or MSG, a potent neurotoxin, is formed during soy food processing and additional amounts are added to many soy foods.
-Soy foods contain high levels of aluminum which is toxic to the nervous system and the kidneys.

Not to mention that soy contains progesterone, a FEMALE sex hormone.

www.westonaprice.org...

Seriously, do you even read your own googled links?

Can phytoestrogens from soy foods affect breast cancer risk?

It is currently unclear whether phytoestrogens from soy foods affect breast cancer risk. Studies looking directly at breast cancer risk and soy in the diet are not in agreement. Almost half of the studies have reported no effect of soy on breast cancer risk. In addition, animal and cellular studies of soy phytoestrogens have generated both enthusiasm and concern. Animal studies have shown that soy phytoestrogens can decrease breast cancer formation in rats. However, animal and human studies suggest that soy phytoestrogens can behave like estrogen and potentially increase breast cancer risk. Some scientists have suggested that women should be cautious about eating large amounts of the soy products or soy supplements, because of the possible harmful effects of soy phytoestrogens.

-Dev

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonsbreaths
You are a **** trying to make people believe this drivel.
As someone dieing from cancer and spoken to a lot of doctors who specialize in cancer, not one of them will say diet has anything to do with getting rid of cancer, causing, or preventing it. There is just to much they are not sure of.
So unlike you I know what you are saying is dangerous for people who are grasping at straws for a way to survive.
That is not to say there are not a lot of options that are out there they are working on. So there is always hope. I just feel like it is wrong to give someone with limited time false hope. And telling someone who needs the nutrients in those foods not to eat them is one of the worst things anyone could do.

I have had breast cancer.

my last scan was clear.

i am on this diet.

YOU are an [snip] for talking to me like this.

and this 'drivel' you refer to is mainstream medical research.

you can choose to follow everything your doctors say if you want.

if i was you i would be trying to be on the best diet possible to give myself the best chance i could.

its up to you though.

and its your choice whether you want to believe this stuff or not.

i have a right to post it.
Many people follow the path im on,a nd they have a right to know about it.

Personally i do not think oncologists have time to look up all these studies, and they get most of their info from drug companies.

many studies linking cancer GROWTH to diet are out there.

changing your diet costs you nothing.

the diet i propose is healthy and you get all the nutrients you need.

you lose nothing by trying it and it could help you.

it is as follows:

vegetables (raw or steamed) of many varieties; fruit (many varieties) -less quantity than vegies; nuts (brazil nuts and bitter almonds are good); seeds (e.g. pepita, sunflower, flaxseeds); beans; chickpeas; lentils; corn; wholegrains. eggs occasionally; and some fish or free range non hormone filled chicken occasionally if you arent vegetarian.

this diet wont hurt you at all. you will get all the protein etc that you need.it is safe to follow and very healthy. my chinese doctor put me onto it and i have never felt healthier.

i drink: green tea; vegie juice; herbal tea; water; sometimes fruit juice; and soy milk.

you can hate me all you like but you wont stop me posting this stuff unless i am convinced its wrong. and im not. in fact im convinced there is much research supporting it.

it is also known that certain chinese mushrooms have cancer fighting properties; so does seaweed (wakame); and so do apricot seeds and apple seeds.

in fact, FYI: im just off to post this stuff on a breast cancer forum.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by asala]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

i suppose you think i might be reading your posts.

i dont read em, just to let you know, so really, its a waste of time posting em, if you're talking to me.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I know that there's no way you'll change your mind. I am, however, posting so everyone else reading this thread will see the flaws in your reasoning and "research."

Your response means nothing. If anything, your approach of ignoring me is an obvious attempt to ignore facts and reasoning.

I'm sorry...but while you're busy ignoring.......

I'll be Denying INGNORANCE.

-Dev

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

not really.

i just know that you're wrong.

so its a waste of time arguing with you.

also, more intelligent people than you i suspect are out there making medical breakthroughs. i prefer to get my information from them, not you.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I'm sorry to disagree with the original poster but it has always been my theory that all modern "Diseases" are the result of either a toxic level of something or a deficiency of something in our diet.

I ran across a posting on some web site (probably this one) that indicated that all forms of cancer are merely a manifestation of a vitamin B-17 deficiency in our diet and it made perfect sense to me. The modern diet in most of the civilized world includes almost 0 vitamin B-17 and in fact we are told that many of the things that contain the vitamin are poisonous so that we won't eat them.

In 1902, Professor John Beard first noted that there was almost no difference between highly malignant cancer, and certain pre-embryonic cells known as Trophoblast. Stating further, “they're one and the same”.

So because cancer and trophblastic cells are one in the same, the body does not recognize them as an external threat. In fact quite the opposite, trophoblastic cells come with a protective protein barrier. This barrier carries a negative charge, as do white blood cells. Most people are aware that, similar magnetic forces repel each other. Thus, when white cells come in contact with Trophoblastic Cells, they are repelled away.

Trophoblast cells also act identically to cancer, spreading and multiplying rapidly. It eats into the Uterus wall to create a place for the embryo to attach itself, so that it can be protected and nurtured. This continues till the 8th week of fetal growth. Until more recent times, scientists were baffled by the sudden and immediate destruction of all Trophoblastic Cells around the 8th week of development. The reason for it though, is that this is when the Pancreas is developed and begins to release Trypsin.

Trypsin allows the body to breakdown the protective, protein barrier around the Trophoblast cell and allows white blood cells to eliminate it. This is the bodies first line of defense versus Cancer. White blood cells carry a negative charge, as does the protein barrier, which is why white cells are unable to destroy the trophoblast cells without Trypsin. Thus, upon the pancreases inception and immediate release of trypsin at 8 weeks, all trophoblastic cells are eliminated from the fetus.

Absent Trypsin (from the liver), or Vitamin B17 (from diet), the human body is unable to destroy this protective barrier so that white cells can defeat the cell.

Trophoblastic cells are created when a type of Diploid Cell nicknamed “Total Life Cells(TLC's)”, come in contact with estrogen. If this occurs during reproduction, then these are life giving and essential cells. But if these cells come in contact with estrogen in the natural healing process of the body, they become cancer.

Approximately 20% of the Total Life Cells, are present across the body. The other 80% reside in the Ovaries and testes. When the body is attacked by any means be it carcinogens, or environmental factors, it attempts to heal itself. The bodies sends estrogen to the site, and if the Total Life Cells are present, they will morph into Trophoblastic cells, AKA, CANCER.

Yes there are literally hundreds of causes of Cancer. All of these causes determine when, and where the cancer will manifest. But, if your body has it's full defenses available, as soon as a trophoblastic cell is created (anywhere, other than in the Uterus), it is destroyed. If the Trypsin in the Pancreas fails to do its job, then the second line of defense the "Cure for cancer", kicks in, Vitamin B17.

When B17 encounters cancerous cells, the cells are abundant with the Unlocking Enzyme. The cyanide is released, attacking the cancer cells which have ample Unlocking Enzyme present. The enzyme that turns B17 poisonous is only found in Cancer Cells, not healthy cells.

Throughout the rest of the healthy body, B17 encounters the Protecting Enzyme, which releases the sugar and converts the cyanide to Thiocyanate. So Vitamin B17 is deadly to cancer, and inert to all healthy cells

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
None of this is new. I learned this back in the early 90's from Harvey Diamond's books called Fit for Life. (I also study health and nutrition as a layperson - a school called natural hygiene) It boils down to is your diet more acidic or more alkaline. The more alkaline you are the healthier you will be. Meat is o.k. in small amounts. But your food needs to be combined properly so you can digest all of it properly without it rotting in your stomach. The web is full of food combining charts.. but it's not well known and people don't use them.

Milk is especially bad for you. it's got antibiotics, puss and urine that the government admits they can't screen out. It alone can cause tons of health problems.

But if you choose not to eat meat that's o.k... because the plant forms of any vitamin and mineral you find in meat or milk is just as good for you and more easily digestible.

I started my journey of health truth years ago when I used to sell Herbalife health and nutrition products. It was noticed that when a persons level of nutrition got better their symptoms of disease would begin to clear up. I was fascinated by this. With proper knowledge there is no reason why anyone doesn't have the ability to be healthy.. even reverse some serious disease ( if caught in time) like cancer. The lies our government tell us about health are truly astounding.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeAndAware

I agree with much of what you said. "Natural Hygiene is properly defined as that branch of biology which designates the conditions upon which health depends and the means by which it may be sustained in all its virtue and purity while we have it, and the means upon which its restoration rests when we have lost it. --- It is the scientific application of the principles of nature in the preservation and restoration of health." - Herbert Shelton

It speaks of toxicity in the body and how this causes all known disease and why.

I have also studied Vitamin b-17. Do you know in some other countries people are being cured of cancer with b-17 but it is illegal in the USA? That is the best proof I have that the US medical establishment is Evil and just out for money and actually want people to get sick so they can be treated with expensive drugs that do little but further harm the body. No Dr. has challenged me on this yet. B-17 simply works and is not harmful to the body. no good reason why it's illegal here.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222

i suppose you think i might be reading your posts.

i dont read em, just to let you know, so really, its a waste of time posting em, if you're talking to me.

congratulations.

you are now officially completely close-minded in my opinion.

how the HELL are people supposed to f-ing learn if you cover your ears and yell "LALALALALALALALALALALA" when people disagree with you?
i dont know anything on this topic. "Dev" seems to be making valid points. the fact that youre refusing to address him/her makes me more likely to side with them and think they are right.

the problem here i think is, "Dev" is saying things you disagree with and cant argue with, if you could refute the things he/she says, you would. you would be trying to show people your evidence is valid and not try to silence and completely blow off those with different opinions.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonsbreaths
You are a **** trying to make people believe this drivel.

I sympathize with you. I know exactly where your coming from. I have had many health related problems in my past and once believed modern medicine was always right. What's that Mom used to say, "The doctor knows best." The simple truth is that Doctors are not taught a lot of these things in medical school. They are not taught that nutrition plays a part in disease. If they were, and they could just tell you to eat better and take vitamins, they would be out of a job.

Do you know the pharmaceutical companies supply many of the training tools for Doctors. I am sure this plays a factor in their education. Doctors are not taught health. They are taught medicine which is pharmaceuticals. They are not bad people themselves, they just do not know and believe these things not because they aren't true, but because they are taught that only medicine can cure disease.

So naturally if you ask you doctor about these things they can only tell you what they were taught, medicine. But they have not studied health from this point of view. It is true than these alternative types of health are better for prevention, and do not work as well when a person has a disease that has taken deep root in the body. But many times if caught early enough these alternative remedies can help the body heal itself better and with much less side effects than by use of pharmaceuticals.

There is truth out there. If you want to know more, I suggest you talk to an expert in naturopathic or homeopathic medicine.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222

not really.

i just know that you're wrong.

That's very arrogant. How am I wrong? If you'd like to point out what was wrong with my previous posts I will gladly remove any false information.

You are searching for information to support your preconceived notion and yet you can't even do that right. I'm finding information in the very aritcles you're posting that contradict your claims.

Like I've told you before. If you come on these boards posting unsubstantiated, unsupported, ridiculous claims you will be torn apart. Period.

This is not a place for you to post your ideologies/opinions presented as fact, unless properly sourced.

If you don't like logical posts revealing your misleading and unresearched posts, then create a website/blog and post there. Ignore me all you want but for every thread you create like this, in this forum, will be a post by me disecting it and completely tearing it apart.

-Dev

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
In 2007 my brain tumor returned as a grade 4 globastomulteforme. I was given 18 months to live. At the time i was bombarded with this type of information from the OP. Cutting out all my favorite foods. The problem being I needed to eat.Eat anything or else i would have had no energy to fight the disease. i made no changes to my diet and due to the steroids increased my intake of food. Its all very well this advice, but when your given such a dire prognosis, you want to eat all your favorite foods as comfort and the thought , "hey i havn't got long, might as well enjoy my food". I try not to give advice to other people I know with cancer, but when people are coming up to chemotherapy, I just encourage them to eat. Eat as your gonna feel like s%it. Eat what you enjoy, because your not going lose your appetite and lose weight. I felt better when I was going into chemo with a few extra pounds on me.

just wanted to add this to show how its not always so easy to have control over your diet when diagnosed with cancer.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
the replies this thread are a good example of knee jerk cognitive dissonance, inDR.nation, and woodwardjnr's classic post, resigning to death and not changing a damn thing about your diet which IS (almost certainly) what caused this. if you eat the same hormone riddled, cheap, disgusting animal product, and drink the same disgusting city water and expose yourself to the same toxic elements you have done absolutely nothing to help yourself especially not by desperetley clinging to every drip of BS from your oncologist's prick as if they are out to help you in any way. yeah, do nothing to change your diet cause yer gonna die anyway, that's solid logic. i admire that will to live and want to make a difference in your life and others while you wither away.

QUI BONO. the new nutrition crackdown and laws and codex are the EXACT things you SHOULD be eating because disease and death make the most profit. B17--ILLEGAL? they are even pushing for vitamin-C. when will you wake up screaming and breaking these chains of insanity?

your doctor didn't become a doctor to help anyone, especially not an oncologist if he wanted to help anyone (college freshman: "i'm gonna cure cancer!" phd: "how the **** will i pay off my student loans?... OHHH"). he'd have become a nutritionist. anyone who thinks diet has nothing to do with cancer, enjoy dealing with it. i'm sure your family will thank you for all the problems it causes them, but you'll thank them for that garbage fast food they bring you in the hospital which is probably even worse for you than hospital food.

-huge exhale-

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
reply to post by AwakeAndAware

I agree with much of what you said. "Natural Hygiene is properly defined as that branch of biology which designates the conditions upon which health depends and the means by which it may be sustained in all its virtue and purity while we have it, and the means upon which its restoration rests when we have lost it. --- It is the scientific application of the principles of nature in the preservation and restoration of health." - Herbert Shelton

It speaks of toxicity in the body and how this causes all known disease and why.

I have also studied Vitamin b-17. Do you know in some other countries people are being cured of cancer with b-17 but it is illegal in the USA? That is the best proof I have that the US medical establishment is Evil and just out for money and actually want people to get sick so they can be treated with expensive drugs that do little but further harm the body. No Dr. has challenged me on this yet. B-17 simply works and is not harmful to the body. no good reason why it's illegal here.

I'm not sure that Vitamin B-17 is really "Illegal" in the USA but you certainly can't by it in pill or liquid form. You can however go to your local supermarket and buy a bag of apples. Apple seeds contains a very large amount of Vitamin B-17 much like other raw seeds and raw nuts. Yes, we have heard our whole lives that they are poisonous because the contain cyanide but the cyanide that they contain is in the form of Vitamin B-17 and is only harmful to cancer cells, not healthy cells.

While there have been no reports of toxic levels of B-17, the general rule for consumption is to eat no more than you would consume eating whole fruits (If eating 3 apples a day would be ok for you then the seeds from 3 apples should be fine). Eating them whole would probably work fine but I think that the B-17 absorbtion would probably be maximized if you crushed the seeds and mixed them in to other food that you eat. The important thing is that they are eaten raw, not cooked. Cooking or roasting seeds or nuts destroys the Vitamin B-17 content by converting it into other compounds.

I see no need for anyone to deprive themselves of the foods that they like, and it is probably unhealthy to do so because you are sure to lose out on some vitamin or mineral that is needed and create some other deficiency.

It seems that the old addage "An apple a day keeps the doctor away" held a lot of wisdom, it's just that people didn't realize that they should eat the seeds too !!

I absolutely, positively believe that cancer is just a manifestation of Vitamin B-17 deficiency and that eating enough B-17 to restore the appropriate level in the body will destroy any cancer that exists. To me, it is certainly worth eating a few apple seeds to find out in any case.

Edited to emphasize that the seeds should not be cooked but added raw to foods that have already been cooked if they are to be consumed in that manner.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by AwakeAndAware]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join