It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Ways Darwin got it wrong - The Conspiracy of Evolution

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
lol i love how this member is explaining how evolution is wrong... by proving that in today's modern world... new things have evolved, such as the apes/human DNA thing... hmm, did it dawn on you that perhaps maybe the DNA has CHANGED?!!? you dont know how it works either, at least people know Darwin.

write a book and see how much the populace chooses you over Darwinism.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

And his was a question, yours was an attack. Of course the theory of evolution has holes *you know imcomplete fossil record and etc*. But him stating that made you feel like you had to sling something back.
Since he is most likely a christian thusly the attack applied to him as well.
Despite the fact it was a silly generalization about Christianity anyway as they don't all agree with just one thought on the subject hate to tell you. They can't even agree on what their god wants.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by loner007

There is an unfortunate chasm of mutual animosity between theists and atheists on any matter. I guess evolution happens to be the crowning achievement of this mutual suspicion. Regardless of the arguments put forth about design/chance/natural seletcion/evolution, the whole thing seems to boil down to the issue of GOD. There are plenty of people out there in fields of expertise from quantam physics to molecular biology to anthropology to Zoology that profess belief and faith in a GOD of some sort, just as there plenty of equal distinction and certification that don't. It appears to me that what the big bug is, is that supposing there IS a GOD/Suppose there isn't a GOD. If GOD isn't real, there is no such thing as an immortal soul/divine hand in the world/nature we see around us...end result, we die and that's it. So what? Believers in GOD are wrong, but atheists and the like wont be able to stick their fingers up, laugh and say 'See?!? We told you so! Ha!' as there will be no alternate 'life' from which to address this age old issue.
I guess the bug bearer is that IF God exists, then there is the outside possibility that in some way we may be accountable to Him/Her/It which is probably what has atheists so up in arms and gnashing their teeth. How dare anyone suggest we are not captains of our fate/masters of our souls?

I see too much organization in terms of patterns and formulas. The fact that there are patterns, formulas, mathematical principles by which we can discern, expalin and quantify the world and universe around us in such uniform sciences tells me there is something dictating these uniform patterns that random chance explosions and sefl perpetuating experiments cannot answer satisfactorily. Just my 2 pound 50 pence woth (GOD bless the UK!)

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

And his was a question, yours was an attack. Of course the theory of evolution has holes *you know imcomplete fossil record and etc*. But him stating that made you feel like you had to sling something back.
Since he is most likely a christian thusly the attack applied to him as well.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

Well, Ok, let's see:

Someone claims a theory(now proven fact) has holes, I respond with the theory of Christianity having holes, which it does. Evolution overpowers Christianity when it comes to evidence and facts.

There is no denying this.

Like I said, believe in whatever you want to believe in but there is something called research.

But I also believe if a Christian God existed, why couldn't evolution be part of His/Her plan? Because they don't want to believe their system if flawed. But honestly, every religion is flawed to a certain extent.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by dodadoom

Well, all your original points were already debunked here in the thread or on www.talkorigins.org... . I know you say its just your opinion, but science is not a democracy, facts are important, not opinions. And they support evolution.

Even church says its true and I see no reason why god couldnt create life by evolution, so why are religious folks always so biased against it?
The only reason I can see is that you want to interpret the bible literally, which is just absurd in the light of modern science.

Stars for you my friend, stars

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sourcesonly

Thanks for your post and opinion.
Unless its supposed to be a reply.
Then also, thanks.
If you are asking me, this thread is my book.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

They can't even agree on what their god wants.

I disagree with only this point, Watcher.
All God wants is your love and understanding.
Same as he gives each of us.
If we let it happen of course...
If we doubt. it won't.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Whats an a whole?

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/14/2009 by TheRedneck]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Quote:“You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” -Friedrich Nietzsche
Ahh...moral relativism.
You hold up 3 fingers and say 'My truth tells me I hold up 3 fingers'. I hold up (according to you) 3 fingers and say 'My truth tells me I hold up 8.' For the sake of 'Lets all get along' are you suggesting we're both right? What if I don't want to pay for my haircuts because my right way doesn't discern payment for anything? Are you prepared to have the audacity to tell me I'm wrong because you don't perecive my rules to be correct just because they don't align with yours? Wherein lies nonsense and anarchy, my friend.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucius Driftwood

Thank you for that post and for your opinion!
Well put and a big fat star for you!
You have hit upon the problem.
Ego. Its the opposite of humble.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom

They can't even agree on what their god wants.

I disagree Watcher.
All God wants is your love and understanding.
Same as he gives each of us.
If we let it happen of course...
If we doubt. it won't.

Very well said...

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.
(quotes don't count)

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

But I also believe if a Christian God existed, why couldn't evolution be part of His/Her plan?

True. Seems plausible to me.
If you are really interested in my beliefs as compared to other "christians",
you better go back and read my posts.

Because they don't want to believe their system if flawed. But honestly, every religion is flawed to a certain extent.

I also agree.
Thats why I said earlier people get spirituality and religion all mixed up.
Thank you for your accolades

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Solenki

You are wrong and mixed up about me Maslo but, whatever
floats you guys' boat.
Just dont forget the paddles...
Opinions are like you know what, everyone has one.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Blender

Whats an a whole?

Thanks!
Its another way of sayin the part that human waste is excreted from...
A holes are like opinions, every one has one!
As to whos opinion is more correct? Who knows!
Well, time for another opinion huh?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
[SNIP]

Seriously, I'm sick and tired of the absolute tripe that you poor, deluded, mentally ill people try to pass off as rational discussion.

Darwin didn't get anything wrong - some of his theories have been refined, but nothing as such was 'WRONG'.

Do you Christians realise your religion is one big fat plagiarisation? Christianity is a bastardisation of the Ancient Egyptian religious framework, with Jesus being based on Horus. Seriously, get a grip of your faculties, and stop ramming your crap down everyones' throats.

Religion is fit for one place only - history books.

The Para.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Thank you, Sir/Madam.
I try to keep a level head, though I am aware of my biases. However, they make me who I am, just as yours rub you up the right way!
Respect to you all the same.
As for the age of the earth creationist bit...Let me bore you and break some things down here.
I am assuming that everyone here (or mostly everyone here) who responds on these boards is from the 'Western Hemisphere'. We tend to analyze, critique the Bible from a 'greco/roman' mindset. After all, that's how we've been programmed to grasp/respond/understand/collate/discern information and facts since our infancy. That's the pattern we have been educated by. What happens, however, if you try to discern and explain with such a mindset, a nation/culture/mindset philospohy that is diametrically opposed to, or at least 'alien' to your own? Are you justified in your conclusions? Are you not judging a foreign culture and its kindset on the basis of your own understanding of YOUR mindset as opposed to IT'S? (Excuse poor grammar).
What I mean is, we laugh/scorn and mocj the language of the bible because we do not understand it or perceive it with the language and mindset in which it was written. Just because you read a 2-3,000 year old Jewish book in an English translation, do you really have the NERVE and AUDACITY to judge it because you THINK you understand what it says based on your own preconceptions?

I'm sorry, the issue here is evolution, and I WILL adress it, but I needed to lay this context down first.
Thank you.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

(quote removed in compliance with ATS policies)

Really? Where? We'll get 'em!

Seriously, I'm sick and tired of the absolute tripe that you poor, deluded, mentally ill people try to pass off as rational discussion.

Yo dude take a pill then, if you are sick!

And hit the sheets if you are tired.
Not sure who you are talking about exactly.
I see no fundamentalists here!
Probably wouldnt like the classy names if there were either...
Just some people with an opinion.
This must be yours I percieve.
If so then thanks!
Now go before it hurts your eyes some more and makes you tired and cranky!

Does it hurt you that bad if someone has a different opinion than yours?
You obviously didn't read the entire thread, did you?

Do you Christians realise your religion is one big fat plagiarisation? Christianity is a bastardisation of the Ancient Egyptian religious framework, with Jesus being based on Horus. Seriously, get a grip of your faculties, and stop ramming your crap down everyones' throats.

Of course it is, man is not perfect.
Didnt see anyone ramming yet or I would report it.
Like I should this post for namecalling others you do not know.
I suppose you are just ranting, then thats allowed a bit!

Religion is fit for one place only - history books.

I agree, or the trash.
Too many make too much money off it, unfortunately.
Thnaks for your opinion!

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

You make an assumption that all Christians are wrong, mentally retarded, etc.
Wrong, and ignorant.
Not good.
You also make the bold statement that Darwin never got anything wrong.
Again, wrong and ignorant. Not good. Even Richard Dawkins would tell you Darwin was incorrect in some things, but was ultimately pointing in the right direction. I might disagree with that, but that's ok. It's called opinion, and I may be wrong.
But you didn't say that. You gave a bold sweeping statement that nothing he said was wrong. You are hereby tarred and labelled with the very brush you attempted to wipe christians and creationists with. 'IGNORANCE'.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Sadly, we have the socio/economic political inferiortiy complex/powerstruggle of the pseudo christian heathen emperor Constantine to thank for that, not Jesus/Yeshuah.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucius Driftwood

No.
Thank YOU for that well thought out and highly appreciated post!
You make a valid point and one my sister is in a quandry over actually.
She thinks you positively have to believe in Jesus.
Well, what about hindus or muslims for instance?
Are they going to hell just because they dont know Jesus?
Who are we to even question this in the first place?
We better concentrate on ourselves first! IMO
We have to understand these things as we are able to.
As much as we think we are unbiased, we still are.
There are so many things we truly dont understand.
it is stupid to think we know it all, everytime.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join