It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europeans more brainwashed than 'Americans'??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I'm aghast daily at the level of brainwashing of the US public, yet I'm astonished when I think about Europeans. From the wide scale banning of guns, to football hooligan riots, to EU dictatorial subservience, to the UK surveillance panopticon, its mindblowing.

In the UK I read they even banned the carry of pocket knives, and I recall about a decade ago watching the NRA videos of the dump yards of all the guns banned in Europe and Austrailia. I met some people from France and they said that in much of the EU guns are forbidden. Even family heirloom non-firing collectors guns were mandatory turn-ins in the one video I watched.

Then you have the hooligans. You think US "Football" fans are bad, go on youtube and punch in 'hooligan' and watch that madness. I've seen one video from up high in a building looking down over literally hundreds of hooligans fighting in battle formations. What's even worse than them displaying such passion for such nonsense is the fact that they've been giving perpetual riot supression practice to their authorities for decades.

You could argue that US people are more 'brainwashed' (indoctrinated actually) as they're too lazy to fight each other, yet I don't too often hear about mass anti-EU riots. The EU is literally an unelected bureuocracy that supercedes their elected governments, which has adopted a centralized privately owned inflationary central bank and currency modeled after the "Federal Reserve" tyrannical wealth plundering regime.

Meanwhile in the UK, they have literally millions of cameras and other Orweillian surveillance technologies tracking their every move. This is going on even here in the US, but in general its being incremented slowly, whereas comparing the growth it all came overnight in the UK and the masses just ignore it.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Europeans are urged to hate and ridicule Americans by their press, which is tightly controlled by the Eurocracy. The Eurocrats can't STAND the idea of pure capitalism because it means the end of their cushy desk jobs, long vacations, and fat pensions. So for several decades they have been urging their citizenry to ridicule and hate America so that any chance of "creeping capitalism" will be cut off at the roots. Meanwhile Western Europe hypocritically cowers under the US nuclear security blanket, not realizing the enormous costs a true break with the US would bring.

Don't get me wrong...US-style hypercapitalism has plenty of problems of its own...but that's another topic all together (and one addressed on zillions of threads across the internet). I'm not pumping US capitalism as currently construed...I think its a skewed, diseased system that benefits Wall Street and cripples Mainstreet, and it has led to the hollowing-out of industry and perpetual war. BUT, this is not why it is so roundly criticized by Europeans. The reason behind European Anti-Americanism is as stated in my first paragraph.

The truth is that Europeans, by and large, think what their press tells them to (with a number of notable exceptions). And the press is tightly controlled by the government bureaucracy, which has its own interests at heart. They have gone so far overboard at this point that what we are witnessing is the total caving in of their system...bloated entitlements, rampant political correctness, etc. I'm not saying the US is in great shakes either, mind you...but again, that's another topic, and one well addressed in countless other threads on ATS and elsewhere.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
This is an important issue - one that does not get enough attention.

Men are not allowed to be men anywhere in the western world anymore. Further the surveillance is disgusting, gun and even KNIFE bans - yes, the NWO plan is far advanced.

The animosity between Europeans and Americans may just be the usual strategy of dividing people - but I feel its probably deeper than that.

It has some future purpose, and the Anti American rhetoric is likely to step up, it also deflects attention away from those who are actually the cause of the problems - the NWO scum.

While Europeans can blame Americans for invading Iraq, Afghanistan and so on - then the real scum who are doing it are buffered from criticism.

Perhaps a war in future is planned, and America is supposed to lose bad, and the EU will not support them.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

In the UK I read they even banned the carry of pocket knives

I always carry a pocket knife.

However, in the UK, virtually the only people who need to carry guns and large knives are those intending to kill or injure someone. We just don't understand the American obsession with arms.

Yes, handguns are banned - but 99% of the UK population never had, nor wanted, a handgun.

Then you have the hooligans.

It used to be a problem in the 70s and 80s. But it's not much of an issue these days.

Meanwhile in the UK, they have literally millions of cameras and other Orweillian surveillance technologies tracking their every move.

The vast majority of which are in private hands

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I wouldn't say more, plus it depends on which countries. I think we are quite even in terms of drooling over reality tv while society crumbles around us, believing every piece of tabloid crap. The UK is the worst in europe by far, i'd say we are even more brainwashed than america for the most part. As for guns, even when guns were legal British folks were not really the gun toting type. Football hooliganism is just insane, i will never understand or comprehend it. I think for the most part it's thugs wanting an excuse to fight, people from different areas trying to exert dominance...going back to our territory marking days and then you get the religious/nationalist etc aspect. Rangers and celtic.

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Yet again another thread focused on division.

Us versus them.

America versus Europe.

What do you hope to achieve by this thread?

Peace.

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

FFS!!!!!!!!!.. Everytime I find a thread I think I might enjoy there's some small minded OP generalizing like crazy. Sorry OP but this is so stupid.

You are saying 'Europeans' but you are talking about the UK. The EU has 500 million.. the UK has 60 million of that.. How is the UK "Europe".

I live in Ireland and like most other EU countries, you can get guns for hunting.. just not for shooting people. Get that into your head!!!!!! WE CAN GET GUNS.. JUST NOT FOR SHOOTING PEOPLE LIKE YOU CAN

They banned the carrying of pocket knives in the UK because something like 30-35% of 13-15 year olds in London had used them to attack someone. How can you NOT justify a ban like that. You don't understand the complexities of that issue and how dangerous the UK has become in area's.. It is the worlds second most densely populated country after all.. and the British blood has always had a large amount of violence in it. Just because you think the accent is posh, don't be fooled to think they are pussies.

How do fights after football games by a tiny minority (20 vs 20) of scumbags qualify as wide scale EU wide brainwashing??? That is a ridiculous statement.. PUNCH YOURSELF IN THE FACE FOR THAT ONE PLEASE

To the second poster.. our press 99.9% of the time praises or is non bias towards the US.. its only that .1% of the time that when they criticize, the Yanks pick up on it and start generalizing and complaining like you are doing! There is very very little 'Anti US' reporting in our media since Bush left.. How hard is it to understand that when ye had little Hitler in power that we disliked what he was doing and as an extension, the rest of the US.. This is simple to understand, even a child would get this easily!

If you want to know about EU wide brainwashing.. read this. I have a pretty non bias mind and can see this happening pretty clearly.. and it is conditioning. The fact is though, Im going to tell you this and at some stage you are probably going to try and insult me with it at some stage in the future.

The EU spends 2.2 billion a year on pro EU propaganda INSIDE THE EU.. Thats more than Coca Cola spends a year on their ENTIRE GLOBAL MARKETING CAMPAIGN! Thats a campaign of 12 times the intensity of Coca Cola's.. How many times a day to you see or hear a coca cola ad?

And the EU conditioning is very subtle.. "Europe is here for you" - with a picture of a smiling child and a blue sky in the background etc. Little EU flags everywhere we look.. basically trying to break down our Nationalism and turn us into "Europeans". AND ITS WORKING ACROSS THE ENTIRE CONTINENT!!!!

Thats how we are brainwashed.. but your OP was absolute bull# and nonsense in my opinion.

Generalization is the outlet of the feeble minded.. or so the saying goes

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Hope this won't go in This direction.

Now talking about brainwash. I think that we Europeans as well as Americans get brainwashed in equal parts or the same manner.
Fear and anger is all around us and the only thing that is different is the way we would react.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Europeans are urged to hate and ridicule Americans by their press, which is tightly controlled by the Eurocracy.

So you are trying to tell me that the Eurocrats control my national and local papers? And my national Radio and Tv press? Who regularly criticize the EU??

Proof please because you are full of it IMO.

Get a grip man.. generalizing doesn't work with "Europeans".. most of us don't speak the same language or follow the same political ideology..

And we "cower" under the US nuclear umbrella because the US plan after WW2 was to demilitarize and destabilize the big European powers.. We're under your umbrella because you made it like that.. We're also under your umbrella because you are the country going around threatening all our neighbors.

Get some cop on!!

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   

OP by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
You could argue that US people are more 'brainwashed' (indoctrinated actually) as they're too lazy to fight each other, yet I don't too often hear about mass anti-EU riots.

www.independent.co.uk...

serbianna.com...

www.democraticunderground.com...

www.reuters.com...

www.mail-archive.com...@lists.econ.utah.edu/msg02414.html

euobserver.com...

worldwideriots.blogspot.com...

globalpolicy.org...

www.euronews.net...

abcnews.go.com...

eupolitics.einnews.com...

news.bbc.co.uk...

There have been quite a few big riots over the whole EU debacle.
Most are not heavily covered by the MSM(as you would imagine),but a lot of riots have occured.
They just tend to drop out of the news quickly,if they are covered at all...which should tell us something about the corporate media of Europe(reminds me of the USA MSM,all bought and paid for by TPTB).

But we do riot in Europe,I can assure you of that.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
besides the fact that europe is a thousand times more fractured and complex than the US, the big difference between europe and the US is that it's perfectly acceptable to be anti-government in europe. it's almost a patriotic duty to give the government a hard time.

the reason we think you guys are zombies has nothing to do with the fact you don't start shooting each other, it's because we see huge crowds of dead eyed fat people waving flags, wearing t-shirts that say "support the troops" while baying for the blood of anyone who questions the government.

now i know it's not all americans but these dead eyed fat people do seem to be able to control everyone else, there has to be some brainwashing involved, right? ...........i mean, americans can't be stupid enough to be actually buying this patriotic crap..can they?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Europeans are urged to hate and ridicule Americans by their press, which is tightly controlled by the Eurocracy.

I don't think that's correct. People I know, in the UK at least, don't hate America because your capitalism per se.

If we ridicule America, it's only because you lend yourselves to *be* ridiculed based on your warmongering policies, laughable media icons (Beck, Hannity, O'Reilly) and general assumptions that the rest of the world doesn't know its @rse from a hole in the ground.

I mean, let's be honest, the American machine doesn't do itself any favours and doesn't endear itself to the rest of the world.

That being said, I have many American friends both here in the UK and in America (which I speak to daily due to work) who are fantastic people.

I myself have nothing against the people. Maybe just the American political machine...

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Your obvious flaw is that you generalised every European as one and then the only examples you give are the UK... and they are the MOST hating of the Union, almost every time I hear something negative about the EU its from a Brit.

Football fans certainly are not an unbiased group for your survey either, sports fans are RETARDED no matter where you are, where I live I am a fan of a different hockey team, and I have had idiots try to start fights and even damage my car.

Most people know the EU is a scam, lucky we're not in it (yet?) but other than protesting what can people do? Well that or hostile takeover.

Aaaand for your information guns are not banned as has been said we have them for WHAT WE NEED THEM FOR, ie. hunting, because you DONT need an M249 or a Kalashnikova unless you want to kill people, because that is specifically what they were designed for!

...besides, we have mandatory military service, so we get to get our fill of neat little toys and not need to compnensate for it later...

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
it's worth pointing out that, if you did need to depose the government for whatever reason, you're probably better off with rocks than handguns.

against a modern military machine, the truth is rocks and a 9mm handgun are equally effective. the only difference is that a soldier might think twice before shooting you for throwing stones.

this idea of armed citizen revolt was always a bit of a myth but, in modern times, it's sheer stupidity to think it's a viable or realistic option.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

"From the wide scale banning of guns, to football hooligan riots, to EU dictatorial subservience, to the UK surveillance panopticon, its mindblowing."

I met some people from France and they said that in much of the EU guns are forbidden. Even family heirloom non-firing collectors guns were mandatory turn-ins in the one video I watched.

WOW! here we go again! I'm often asking myself WHY our American friends are soo indoctrinated and brainwashed into believing and think that "Guns" are banned & totally forbidden in Europe. Who is telling you all this rubbish and propaganda?

Well You must have met some people who really didn't know what they were talking about or didn't had the correct information then.

"Guns" are not banned or forbidden here, but pistols and revolvers requires licences which can be hard to get if this is your first licence! and if you want a pistol as your FIRST GUN!

The modus operandi is that people usually FIRST get their first licence for hunting rifles and shotguns which they can get more easily - after that if you behave and have a clean record, it's often not a problem to get an additional licence for a handgun or additional licences for other/additional powerful rifles as well! - but you'll need to keep all weapons safe and protected in a Security Gun Cabinet at home.

Of course we can't be compared with the USA regarding gun laws, and we don't have the nice free and liberal gun laws as you have - but to say that "guns" are totally forbidden here is not entirly correct!

Regulated and require licences, yes! - forbidden, NO!

Free unlicenced guns are not allowed, that disappeared long time ago!

But licenced guns are allowed! SO FAR!

Well! as in the USA there are "talks" here in many countries to implement even stricter gun laws, but all the hunters and hobby-shooters are strongly against it - heck! even many of our politicians and Kings are vivid gun collectors and hunters.

Even family heirloom non-firing collectors guns were mandatory turn-ins in the one video I watched.

What a heck! which country was this?

Our family's heirloom rifles and pistols are legally hanging on my father's and uncle's walls - they don't even require licences now because they are soo old!

Well I just wrote about exactly the same regarding all this European gun crap talk in two posts in a thread here, please read!:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I now strongly suspect that your "Gun Lobby" is scaring your people with exaggerated propaganda and are using exaggerated examples from Europe, that is taken out of context or/and maybe even manipulated and spun in some way to drive their "Gun Lobby" agenda in politics for the people?

[edit on 13-11-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Oh no, not again...

OP, what are you trying to accomplish through this thread? Does it bring you something if Europeans and Americans are divided? Do you feel superior if you call 700 million people "brainwashed"? I simply don't get it.

I don't like guns, i don't feel the need to own one, but i could if i chose to. You may call me "brainwashed" for not liking guns, but then i reserve the right to call you brainwashed too for believing that owning guns solves anything. Having lived for 30 years in different major cities around Europe (sometimes in really bad neighbourhoods) i can honestly tell you i never found myself in a position where a gun could have been of any help at all.

Football hooligans? Where? I never met any.

And for crying out loud, stop it with the dictatorial EU. I have the right to live where i want, to study, to work, to travel, to own property, to protest, to go to the beach naked and to wear mismatched socks if i choose to. How in the world is that a dictatorship?? I lived in a dictatorship before and i happen to know how living in fear and restrictions feels.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

I'm aghast daily at the level of brainwashing of the US public, yet I'm astonished when I think about Europeans. From the wide scale banning of guns, to football hooligan riots, to EU dictatorial subservience, to the UK surveillance panopticon, its mindblowing.

In the UK I read they even banned the carry of pocket knives, and I recall about a decade ago watching the NRA videos of the dump yards of all the guns banned in Europe and Austrailia. I met some people from France and they said that in much of the EU guns are forbidden. Even family heirloom non-firing collectors guns were mandatory turn-ins in the one video I watched.

Then you have the hooligans. You think US "Football" fans are bad, go on youtube and punch in 'hooligan' and watch that madness. I've seen one video from up high in a building looking down over literally hundreds of hooligans fighting in battle formations. What's even worse than them displaying such passion for such nonsense is the fact that they've been giving perpetual riot supression practice to their authorities for decades.

You could argue that US people are more 'brainwashed' (indoctrinated actually) as they're too lazy to fight each other, yet I don't too often hear about mass anti-EU riots. The EU is literally an unelected bureuocracy that supercedes their elected governments, which has adopted a centralized privately owned inflationary central bank and currency modeled after the "Federal Reserve" tyrannical wealth plundering regime.

Meanwhile in the UK, they have literally millions of cameras and other Orweillian surveillance technologies tracking their every move. This is going on even here in the US, but in general its being incremented slowly, whereas comparing the growth it all came overnight in the UK and the masses just ignore it.

I must admitt that i admire the way American supporters are mixed together during sport matches and dont have these hooligan type of things. Although in most countries this is something from the 80's/90's. The Uk has pretty much banned hooligans from the stadiums.In Germany they also tend to blend together. I think the worst kind is in Croatia, Serbia and Turkey[not EU members]..Besides i dont really feel threatend in my country, but if needed i will dial 112. We dont need guns.I think most of the cctv's in the UK are a legacy from the NRA.Besides lots of crimes are solved because of these camera's..Every country has different media, not all countries has the monopolies such in Italy and range from right to left..
So that being said what does all this have to do with brainwashing the people?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again.

Its the kind of crassly arrogant assumptions, and complete failure to understand that other parts of the world are not the USA, shown in threads like this, that ultimately lead people to fly jet airliners into buildings.

The USA is in the world. The world is not the USA. Different people do different things. They have their own customs, laws and lives.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 13/11/09 by neformore]

[edit on 13/11/09 by neformore]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join