It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uh Oh! Counterfeit Condom Factory Discovered in China

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
From the OP's link:

This story is scary enough to make someone outside of China paranoid. If you're freaked out, just make sure you never buy condoms labeled as "Jisson, Durex. Rough Rider, Six Sense and Love Card.

Err, Durex are made here in Britain, I've been to the factory. Head office Knutsford, Cheshire, UK.

Although I suppose it's possible that the American market could be made in China, but I doubt it.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
OK I got to ask were they black?

I suspect they were flying them in by means of stealth

Many years ago I aplied for that TM....."Stealth Condoms" Can't see-em coming...
I never followed up but I see now, that it had a purpose after all.
Laughter

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

"Stealth Condoms. Can't see 'em coming..."

Classic!!

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
reply to post by riley

Yeah,its the sort of story that the human brain WANTS to be an urban myth...its just too wrong.

Not sure how true it really is,don't really want to dwell on it!!

Opposed to now thinking about a factory full of sweaty bare chested people lathering up counterfeit condoms with vegetable oil. "oops missed a bit better dribble on it instead." or lucka band flicking them at eachother.

I really hope this is a hoax.

What is a counterfeit condom anyway? Is it made of gladwrap? I want to know the specifics but.. I really don't at the same time. This is just too gross.

Maybe it's a industrial protest against the one child policy.

[edit on 13-11-2009 by riley]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
You can take the piss out of China all you like, but here's the hard cold truth. Are British condoms any better?

Britain has the highest number of abortions in Europe.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

[edit on 13-11-2009 by kindred]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Please feel free to point out any UK or european companies doing similar things like selling lead painted toys or poisoned milk products and we will boycott them as well.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
All this tells me is that the Chinese have a crappy political ideology.
Remember stories like this when people tell you about "universal healthcare" here in America.

The problem is that when all decisions are coming from the Government, the beurocracy is too large to properly regulate things.
Sorta like the story of the Doctors in Miami swindling from medicare by enlisting average joes off the streets to come in once a week for HIV medication that they didn't need to take because the Doctor then bills the Government 200 bucks per pop. These people were taking monthly medication once a week and being paid to do it. And the Doctors were getting rich.

That went on for quite a while before they were found out and the cost to the Government? Millions.

Some douche down at the condom factory asked some other douche: "Hey, when was the last time the Gov. was down here to check on how things are ran at the Stealthy Condom factory?"

"Umm, never sir, the Government has more important things to worry about."

"Okay then, we are going to cut our cost by 80% by getting rid of that pesky spermicide stuff we have to buy and just start lubricating them with this vegetable oil. We'll be rich!"

Say no to Universal Healthcare!

This is a funny story, though.

[edit on 13-11-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

If it's bare chested women lubing condoms with vegetable oil I demand video!

Thank god I don't date. Now I have to worry about counterfeit condoms?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

I couldn't care less about China. You should get your own house in order before criticising other countries. In regards to lead painted toys or poisoned milk products. Is anybody pointing a gun at your head and forcing you to buy these products. I didn't think so.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo
Err, Durex are made here in Britain, I've been to the factory. Head office Knutsford, Cheshire, UK.

Do they give away samples? Can you have a test drive right there?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Praise be to our Friday/Saturday night binge drinking culture. Which would make up a very large portion of unwanted pregnancies i imagine. Anyway, this is a serious matter. But i did chuckle when the mental image of bare chested factory workers lubing up condoms with vegetable oil appeared in my mind.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The worst part of all of this is that in a couple of years from now, the only products that are going to be available, that anybody can afford, will be coming directly out of China. The worse things get economically, the more "blind eyes" that will have to be turned.

Let's face it -- right now the governments of the world would rather people be spending money on unsafe, questionable products than not spending money at all.

profit now -- worry later.

This is just the start to the endless list of products that are going to be determined unsafe. The list so far includes toys, sheetrock, chicken, and now condoms.

I'm not sure though why anybody would be surprised by this for several reasons.

1. China's record for human rights.
2. Below wage, poverty-stricken, children working assembly lines.
3. Mass production of the cheapest products possible.
4. Lay-offs that generally start at the "quality control" departments.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by Jazzyguy

If it's bare chested women lubing condoms with vegetable oil I demand video!

Yes, I'll buy the condom and the video for souvenirs if that's the case. Either that or the anti-gravity condom that china has been developing. I'll but that one too, also for souvenir.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
reply to post by riley

Yeah,its the sort of story that the human brain WANTS to be an urban myth...its just too wrong.

Not sure how true it really is,don't really want to dwell on it!!

Opposed to now thinking about a factory full of sweaty bare chested people lathering up counterfeit condoms with vegetable oil. "oops missed a bit better dribble on it instead." or lucka band flicking them at eachother.

I really hope this is a hoax.

What is a counterfeit condom anyway? Is it made of gladwrap? I want to know the specifics but.. I really don't at the same time. This is just too gross.

Maybe it's a industrial protest against the one child policy.

[edit on 13-11-2009 by riley]

I would think that they are making them out of old and used recycled condoms that were shipped in from the US on some "we cares" program to get rid of our unwanted refuse.

But I'm going to agree wholeheartedly that the mental images of this story are just WAY WAY too out there for my mind to deal with without mass quantities of Scotch, at least I know THAT is made in Islay and not counterfeited..

Kind of makes you wonder if the new alimony defense will be, but it was a counterfeit condom how was I supposed to know...

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Bare chested Asians with vegetable oil? That reminds me of this album cover:

Hmmm...I guess at least now you can imagine the scenario a little bit better.

I'm finding this hilarious and very bad at the same time. This is horribly hilarious, I guess.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
If these are shipped within China this would cause serious issues with the one child policy.

Dontcha think?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

Although I suppose it's possible that the American market could be made in China, but I doubt it.

That list of condoms to avoid was taken from the article linked in the OP. The way I read it, this factory was found to be making knock-offs, or close copies of those four brands, including Durex; I would presume including the spiffy cover.

The story didn't indicate the distribution market. I'd seriously doubt there were any of the phony ones in your area. It'd be interesting to see the packaging of the counterfeit ones next to the real ones.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join