It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds move to seize N.Y. skyscraper, 4 mosques

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Feds move to seize N.Y. skyscraper, 4 mosques

www.msnbc.msn.com

NEW YORK - Federal prosecutors Thursday took steps to seize four U.S. mosques and a Fifth Avenue skyscraper owned by a nonprofit Muslim organization long suspected of being secretly controlled by the Iranian government.

In what could prove to be one of the biggest counterterrorism seizures in U.S. history, prosecutors filed a civil complaint in federal court seeking the forfeiture of more than $500 million in assets of the Alavi Foundation and an alleged front company.

The assets include Islamic centers in New York City, Maryland, California and Houston, more than 100 acres in Virginia,
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I never thought that I'd see the day when the feds actually try to do something like this.

The feds declared immediately after the fort hood shooting that it was not terror related. That was before anyone knew the motive.

The feds are always worried about an anti muslim backlash that I don't think has ever been reported.

I wonder what will happen now.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I don't get it. Are companies with ties to governments not allowed? Or only certain governments? It really doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Reminds me of Jews being persecuted in Nazi Germany.

This is why we're supposed to remember history. So when people start doing crap like this again, we stop it BEFORE they start putting us in concentration camps.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I'll wait and see what they do. Our govt. is in bed with these dirtbags or (at least) using them.

Sybolism over substance?

Good on you for finding this.

sandf

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77

NEW YORK - Federal prosecutors Thursday took steps to seize four U.S. mosques and a Fifth Avenue skyscraper owned by a nonprofit Muslim organization long suspected of being secretly controlled by the Iranian government.

In what could prove to be one of the biggest counterterrorismseizures in U.S. history

If this "nonprofit organization" was controlled by the Iranian govt, wouldn't it be more accurate to call it an espionage organization instead of calling it terrorist. Does our govt have to classify everything Iran does as terroristic.

This has scary implications. War with Iraq cannot be far away.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

I agree with the statement regarding remembering history and the persecution of Jews and other minorities throughout history. I feel that the Fed would not do something this drastic without some solid evidence that they can trot out to the public, i.e. some kind of proof that these mosques were used as a front for terrorist activities (FT Hood shooting) or Iran was funding terrorist groups around the world from the New York building.

It could also be to keep Isreal from launching a pre-emptive strike that they have been threatening.

Who Knows

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I don't think that you are going to see war with Iran. We don't have the support.
What is more likely in my opinion is that we are going to begin to pull our forces out of the region and move towards a more isolationist policy, as the US has effectively lost all of its economic leverage around the world.

This would include removing front operations like this from within our borders. Where as before the US Gov. allowed them to operate (maybe even cooperated with them) so they could have a perpetual boogey-man.

The war on terrorism will be coming to an end in short order.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
I don't think that you are going to see war with Iran. We don't have the support.
What is more likely in my opinion is that we are going to begin to pull our forces out of the region and move towards a more isolationist policy, as the US has effectively lost all of its economic leverage around the world.

This would include removing front operations like this from within our borders. Where as before the US Gov. allowed them to operate (maybe even cooperated with them) so they could have a perpetual boogey-man.

The war on terrorism will be coming to an end in short order.

I agree with your premise, not trying to hijack the thread, but Obama is dicussing the future of the base in Okinawa with the P.M. of Japan. Good idea for a thread. I don't think I have enough posts yet to start one.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This was called a counter terrorism seizure.

So, it's more than just funneling money to Iran.

There have been some UN sanctions in place against Iran for some period of time . Perhaps it is related to violation of those sanctions.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
OMG, I'm not a christian, nor muslim (I'm not even a make-believer of any superstition). Am I on their hit list next?

Well, if this organization is terrorist in nature (meaning they actually DO bad things, instead of just preaching for the heads of infidels to roll .. which ain't much different than them christians wanting me to go to eternal hell too for not bowing to their dogma), then take them down, take them all down. But, if there are no victims laying dead somewhere related to any of this and what that organization is doing, then this is wrong.

Sometime I wonder if it's our own government that's going to get us ALL killed, by the very things they are doing around the world, sticking their nose where it's not wanted or belongs, creating resentment, and terrorists. Take those 9-11 creeps for example. What set THEM off? It certainly wasn't anything "I" said or did. Seriously, we could find ourselves nuked one day if our overlords here in this country keep this stuff up. The whole world is starting to hate Americans, and I'm not sure it's really all our fault (other than we voted these creeps into power). It could be the fault of your tyrannical politicians that are making the world hate Americans, and some wanting to kill us too.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

The persecution of the Jews in Germany was not justified.

The courts in the US will determine the outcome of this situation.

I do like the courts being separate from the policing authorities.

I've yet to see anyone with an Iranian background going to a concentration camp.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77

The persecution of the Jews in Germany was not justified.

Wrong.

It was completely justified to the German people.

That's why they were okay with it, and even took it upon themselves to harass Jews themselves. They no longer needed the Nazi officers to do it for them, they were so totally brainwashed.

I've yet to see anyone with an Iranian background going to a concentration camp.

Neither did German civilians see what was going on in their camps. That's why one of our generals forced German civilians to dig the dead out of the camps themselves upon their liberation.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

The jews wernt protesting in the street and forcing their life and religion down the germans throats like muslims do, no need to post proof just do a google search
If I where in charge I would demolish all mosques in western countries, if they want sharia and that way of life, do it in a muslim country not ours, screw the backlash

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Wow!Pretty bold move.I guess the nucleur talks are off.The Israeli strike is on.The 3 hikers Iran kidnapped are doomed.Oh about that Israeli strike,did i mention possible WWIII?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
The jews wernt protesting in the street and forcing their life and religion down the germans throats like muslims do

Sorry, never in my life have I seen such a thing here. So hopefully you understand my apathy towards Muslims being some kind of threat to me.

no need to post proof just do a google search
If I where in charge I would demolish all mosques in western countries

Yet you can't see the similarities between yourself, a Muslim-hating American, and a Jew-hating German?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

I think this is the kind of "war on terror" that we SHOULD be fighting. Right here on our own soil.

I don't understand the posts about Germany. In fact, I think they're ridiculous.

Muslims are not a threat to us, but what these businesses are (allegedly) doing is illegal in the US, whether they're Muslims, Jews, Christians or Hindu.

Prosecutors said the Alavi Foundation, through a front company known as Assa Corp., illegally funneled millions in rental income back to Iran's state-owned Bank Melli. Bank Melli has been accused by a U.S. Treasury official of providing support for Iran's nuclear program, and it is illegal in the United States to do business with the bank.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jacksmoke

Oh, there is little doubt in my eyes.
When the Saudis decided to drop the USD in favor of the Euro, we effectively lost both wars in the region and there is no longer any reason to remain there.

This is why you are seeing the President pretty much saying that we are going to withdraw from Afghanistan. Brown has said this also.

We are pulling out of the region and I can only guess that this is because we simply don't have the ability to make money in the region anylonger.

Since the world is dropping our securities as quick as they can in want for a Global basket-currency, we don't have the ability to keep our economic invasion going anylonger.

So there are only two options left.
1) Wage world war.
2) Remove your troops and enact an isolationist policy and shore up your import:export ratio.

I would bet money that we will choose the second option as this still gives the US the ability to lead the world in technological development and still gives them a cherrished placement in the UN Security council as they have the most advanced and in-depth military the world has ever seen.

They won't choose the first option because the overall goal throughout the entire process is a single world government.
So naturally, they actually want this basket-currency reserve. But they will also want a way to void debt across the board.

This being said, they will begin to drop their longstanding ties to state-sponsored terrorism here at home.
Meaning they will seize the assets of their previous business partners. As they are doing now with this article.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Man, the Israeli string-pullers really have been busy issuing the orders haven't they! Things are really ramping up.

As for the aforementioned bank and it's possible ties with the Iranian nuclear industry, why wouldn't they be involved in providing funds for a power station? Don't private banks provide funding for power stations in other countries?

Talk about a provocative move.

Israel REALLY needs another war, any war, to be kicked off to deflect the heat they are catching over war crimes issues in their attack on Gaza. They are going all out to kick off a war with Iran, in which Americans will die, thanks to the bought and paid for US congress.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Yes, you are correct...however, I do not remember the Jews having a radical sect that was hell bent at ending Germany's way of life.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join