It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds move to seize N.Y. skyscraper, 4 mosques

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
reply to post by Night Watchman

What is the significance of him being a MUSLIM extremist as opposed to any other kind of extremist nutjob?

A religious extremist is not necessarily a nut job. Muslims who strap bombs to themselves are driven by religious ideology not insanity. Christians who shoot up Abortion clinics or murder doctors because they perform abortions are not insane. They are driven by the mistaken belief that they are doing God's will.

I am not willing to dismiss them as mentally ill. I want them held accountable for their actions.

Don't you?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Sure, but I still consider anyone who goes out and kills people at random pretty psychologically unhealthy.

At least we can agree that 1/5 of the world's population is not a threat, and this not just a Muslim issue.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
I wonder what will happen now.

Been to one of the listed mosques, as they have been open to hold educational and meet-up style events besides just religious.

It is open for the members to continue their religious activity, so at least this close one is not "seized" at originally headlined. The Feds only seized the activity related with the group/partnership at the the New York (skyscraper) location. The religious members that attend the mosques are not a part of that group.

I guess only a couple of normal religious sessions were closed for the day, and then reopened after the seizure was isolated to just the New York site. This is just from local news/words of the nearby mosque.

When I was inside, it was nothing like your typical mosque seen in the eastern world. The mosques here look like a small sunday school rather than a religious structure. There are windows all over, so there is nothing easy to hide (unlike some 'suspected' *rolleyes*).

Ironic, the mosque has been about a mile away from a Jewish-only primary school (elementary/junior high). No problems from proximity the mosque and this school!

Only if this peace could be realized by the larger world. Until...*sigh*... well it was there for the last 20 years at least until now.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
In the Presidents speach at Fort Hood the other day the very first thing He said was "We are at war" Did no one hear this? Even our legally elected muslim connected President of the United States told us ,like we didnt already know, "we are at war". It doesnt get any more direct. He didnt mention a region, he simply said "we are at war" and moved on. The President came straight out and said this was an act of war. It wouldnt suprise me if the us armed forces soon adopted a no gays or Muslims policy. It may sound silly to some but it is a measure that would pass with some ease. The more the Us is threatened on our own soil the more she will head back to her roots and what made her strong in the first place. Lets be real, it all boils down to not whos got the guns, but whos willing to pull the trigger, and Id say that Americans are known world wide for our willingness to pull the trigger. If the POTUS says we are at war then that means by god we are at war!! Shut down all the mosques, eject the muslis from the military, any positions of Academia. I personally dont like Christians , jews, catholics or any other believers in our military, but at least those guys arent in an active campaign around the FREAKIN GLOBE blowin up stuff!!!!
The Global muslim community has to be proactive and come out with authority against these acts committed in the name of thier faith. Its the only way to avoid a global audit of thier faith. The Us is being mistakenly seen as weak right now. Cowards always attack someone they think cant fight back. Its funny, no matter how much "loyal opposition", or even down right traitors we have in our midst, everyone knows that if were pushed too far what we as a country can and will do. DO any of you realize what would happen if we said, ok we are actually going to fight this war for real. What I mean by this , is if the president came out and said jihad right back at ya. Our non military population could end the war. If we had backing of the government to travel to any location at any time for retaliation, no geneva convention, no nothing. I should be able to get grants for funding my own counter-terrorist campaign. I think we should just jihad em right back. WHat did we do at Waco? Those people were Christian and we roasted like little piggies...they were doin stupid things in the name of thier faith..we didnt burn all the christian churches, just the one that was screwed up, This time were just dealing with bigger numbers, just means bigger fire. You know why the Muslim church isnt coming forward with AUTHORITY and condemning these acts? Because they think they dont have to. Its a direct sign of disrespect to any non-Muslim. It is an intentional insult.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
god....... could they get more disgusting..... doing this to a worship place....and school....
what are trying to prove...???

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
smells like bull#.. just another theft

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I have a friends the feds went after-the Anghaies. They are American abut Iranian born. Work in question was nuclear rocketry. They seized all assets of everyone in family. It's hard to defend yourself when they take EVERYTHING.

The whole time the media seemed to be getting calls by the fbi before anyone else knew what was up. At first the charges were that the Anghaies had not delivered on govt. contracts. A Congressional investigation later they were acquitted of that.
Then the fbi wanted more time to go through accounting. They were told that if there were charges or indictments they would be told so they could go turn themselves in. They had been ultra cooperative the whole time and I know they would have turned themselves in.
Instead they woke up to a media circus and then later here came the FBI. Guess the fbi had to make sure all the media knew before they actually got out there to arrest them.
Had to keep it high profile. This was only a couple of weeks ago.

I mention it because it seems to be a pattern - we must be purging so we can go to war with Iran. Anything that can be used for propaganda is going to be used.
H.S. Tsien was a very similar story, way back when.

[edit on 13-11-2009 by hadriana]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

OK, but how many is that now that have been killed by "extremist Christians"? Are we up to counting them on 2 hands yet?

I loved living in AR for over 10 years when I had the chance. Glad I never met you.

Well...if you want to talk about THAT - look at what extremest Christians are doing in Nigeria. Google Nigerian Child Witches.

It's well over 2 hands - and it is CHILDREN.
It isn't just Nigeria though - it's about everywhere Fundamentalist Christians go to proselytize 'heathens'. Suffer not a witch to live and all that....

www.guardian.co.uk...

Evangelical pastors are helping to create a terrible new campaign of violence against young Nigerians. Children and babies branded as evil are being abused, abandoned and even murdered while the preachers make money out of the fear of their parents and their communities

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Sure, but I still consider anyone who goes out and kills people at random pretty psychologically unhealthy.

At least we can agree that 1/5 of the world's population is not a threat, and this not just a Muslim issue.

This incident, the murders at Fort Hood is about one Muslim and it is also about an ideology that is being spread by Muslim fundamentalists.

So, yes we can agree that 1/5 of the World's population is not a threat. A fringe portion of that 1/5 is, indeed, a threat.

That is where you and I will never agree.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

No, we agree on that too, but you apparently perceive this "fringe" threat as a very grave and imminent threat to all Americans while I do not. I am not worried about the US being taken over or blown up by Muslim extremists. Not going to happen.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by mike dangerously
What better way to provoke the Iranian government then to hit some Shiite mosques and disrupting their cash flow? I expect we will hear from Ahmedishad about the US harassing Iranian nationals and Shiites and threatening to respond in kind in Iraq.Just what the Military/Industrial Complex wants they wanna force Obama to consider a another world war in the name of full spectrum dominance.

Mike dangerously? Dangerous to what - you, us and our way of life? You seriously want us to be concerned about stopping terrorism here by "provoking" the iranians due to upsetting their clandestine operations in THIS country.

We have been trying to "liberate. " them since the fall of The Shah so these recent actions are all part of the game they react and we counter but hey,as long as the defense contractors and their investors are enjoying record profits it will continue.Wake up from your delusional dreams of a federal American Empire it's as dead as George W. Bush's administration .

[edit on 013030p://4526 by mike dangerously]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
When will they seize the white house?
One in the oval office.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join