It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tobacco Addict - want to stick it to the man and quit ...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

after all Mr. Obama said No New Taxes, well it took him about a week to add a buck to cigarettes. Thank You who ever you are... Not..

Anyway, I have 12 cigarettes left... what the heck... Lets Quit together...

anyone want to participate...? save yourself $10bucks a day... and reduce Obama's Purse at the same time....~~

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
It seems to me that smoking/drinking are enemies of the government.

Why? Well, I feel as if the government thinks it isn't good for the country as a whole economically.

So are a lot of things, but thats why we have rights...

On a more personal level, I am happy you are quitting. The smell annoys many people, the smoke pisses those people off, it is bad for your health, it uses a decent bit of money, and like any drugs, I believe you will be happier off of them.

After seeing the Bodies Exhibit, black lungs is a LITERAL saying

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Hey you...you want to quit?

I highly suggest you switch to 100% tobacco, and "roll your own".

I know many people who switched and save a lot of money now. I also know a few who quit after switching, with no trouble.

Do a search online and see how many folks kicked the habit after they switched from the corporate brands to the 100% tobacco.

I switched a few months ago and not only can I breath again and feel 100% better, but I still smoke as much.

After a week off the big-bad-name cigarettes, I swear I felt like a million bucks.

Just a little advice...take it or leave it.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I believe you. I chew tobacco, not dip, and I have been going to cheaper brands and I am getting less addicted and my teeth don't start aching everytime I stop chewing for more than a day. It used to be like my gums craved nicotine.. It was crazy.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Can you provide some links for some good cheap tobacco that I can purchase?
Would Buglar be an example?

I think around Christmas time I'm gonna spend the extra money for an electronic cigarette... and go from there.

I said I would quit in October and I keep on procrastinatin'

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

I think what he is saying is that any of the tobacco you roll into cigs yourself is better for you. Buglar would be one. Just go to one of the cheap tobacco stores. They have all kinds, and you can even buy these cool little machines and tubes to roll perfect cigs.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Buglar is great stuff. But even better would be the "Criss cross" pipe tobacco (cheaper due to laws allowing pipe tobacco to be sold for less). Sorry, don't have a link to it, but search it on google.

I am sure the law will catch up with the cross-mixed pipe-tobacco that is just as good and "tobacco-ee" as non-pipe tobacco, and force them to regulate their prices (thats the fear among those who have found it, swear by it, and use it...anyways).

But yeah...its a weird thing when you switch. In fact, my story of my (and a few friends-n-family) experience with switching is detailed in my only thread I've ever made named "Roll your own Conspiracy"

I don't know how to link to the thread, but if you click my profile or name, you will see it there. Others who posted under it all reported similar conclusions.

GOOD LUCK!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Roll your own Conspiracy

for your reading pleasure and just to be nice.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
Roll your own Conspiracy

for your reading pleasure and just to be nice.

Awwwww...thanks man. I think if you read more of my posts you "might" have done less work on my behalf. I owe ya! Feel free to ask a favor in some future we share on earth.

Seriously, thanks man. I promise I'll figure out how to link posts soon.

Peace and thanks again!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Evil

!ELECTRONIC CIGARETTE!

I used glycol and liquid nicotine, vaporived to simulate smoke. The guy who showed me used to smoke 4 packs of Kool 100's a day, He hasnt picked up a pack since. And you can smoke it Anywhere! Theater, hospitol, preschool, Its all legal. BWAHAHAHAHH

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Guys I must say something.....I have found out by rolling my own that the air in my house is alot better then the store bought. The store bought cigarettes are far to toxic as far as smoke is concerned, no wander people complain about the cigarette smoke, what are the companies putting in those things.

I use a blend of Cris cross tobacco with pure barley tobacco with a mix of 2-1.

I understand most of you people complain about cigarette smoke and i respect that, and smokers should respect the non-smokers as well. my wife is a non-smoker, so i installed an exhaust fan in one of the rooms and only smoke in that room or outside.

I'm beginning to believe that the tax on cigarettes was not about insurance, but because of the non-smokers unions/groups, even the EU has got their claws into this and although the document has a date of 1995 on it, we can now see who is running the show. HERE. Sounds familiar.......

Yet another one about smoking in the EU states......

HERE

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

What brand are you smoking if you don't mind me asking.

Second line.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by tiso_us
Guys I must say something.....I have found out by rolling my own that the air in my house is alot better then the store bought.

You are very right. I have had more then a few people visit and make reference to the smell of smoke being "missing" from my home. A good friend who "hates" cigarette smoke recently came over after not being here for weeks and he immediately asked if I quit smoking...when I asked him why, he said "the house don't stink no more".

Well...that was nice to hear...ha.

But yeah...so many reasons to not smoke the big brand devil smokes.

Also, recently I heard some lady on "The View" (never seen the show n don't watch TV) who suffered lung cancer said "a lot of people know cancer dosn't come from tobacco", meaning the chemicals in the big brands are what does it...dunno bout that, but I DO know one thing-

On bags of 100% tobacco, there is NO warning of cancer, or anything warning people of hazards. Strange...

Alls I know is, switching was the next best thing to quitting, and I've gone from "feeling like I was dying" to "running, jumping and no coughing".

I never pass up a chance to discuss this with smokers, and I often hand out my cigarettes to smokers wherever I see them.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
reply to post by Mr Mask

What brand are you smoking if you don't mind me asking.

Second line.

A purple bag of "Criss Cross Pipe Tobacco" is what I smoke now. Bular is good to, but the Criss Cross is cheaper and tastes just as good.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Alot of people don't know this but in the fall of the year, farmers are stripping and taking the tobacco to the warehouse, at this time you will also see trucks who have unloaded, would have tobacco left over, leaving.

This is a good chance to "buy" the leftover tobacco. now....if you offer the farmer, say....100 bucks in cash a bail, chances are that he will sell it, besides....if he doesn't sell it, he'll have to wait next year to sell it, he might be lucky to sell it at low grade. Shhhhhh....of course don't let others know your doing this, some warehouses don't like it.

It's like a bail of hay, except it's tobacco and a bail will last you an entire year(I'm still working on mine since Feb.). Keep in mind that it must be blended with other tobacco. I use mine as a filler which makes the RYO tobacco go 3X farther.

Cris-Cross tobacco is shag tobacco which i found out doesn't go as far but i do admit that it's a good tobacco for it's price.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I'm starting to think that tobacco is good for you in small quantities... like 5-10 cigarettes per day... just like red wine...

... and that's why the gov hates it... but loves to tax it because they know people won't quit...

why wouldn't they TAX abortions, or processed sugars, or fat people & obesity?! etc..

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I smoke Top. Tried Bugler and didn't like the taste plus I find Top is shredded finer and rolls better. Oddly though I like the Bugler papers better than the Top papers. If I can't get Top then I prefer Bugler Gold - it comes in a gold pack and not a blue pack.

But the papers just wind up getting thrown in a drawer anyway because mostly I smoke this tobacco in a Missouri Meerschaum Corn Cob pipe. Mark Twain was known for smoking this pipe - he wouldn't give his up for anything. I feel I'm in good company.

On quitting, well I was foolish to pick it up again because at the age of 20 I quit for over a year. That was 20 years ago. Had a friend that quit using a electronic cigarette that weaned you down from the nicotine. He loved it because it was exactly like smoking a real cig. I have been wanting to quit again but I can't seem to bring myself not to pick up the pipe.. and switching to the electronic cigs would be too strange. Now these electronic cigarette makers do have pipe models too. I really have no good excuse not to try it.

Electronic cigarettes are NOT cheap. But if you get the quitting smoking package it may be worth it in the long run.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Evil

Hey, I'm so with you OP! I've been thinking of quitting a lot as of late.

But...

Originally posted by Mr Mask
Hey you...you want to quit?

I highly suggest you switch to 100% tobacco, and "roll your own".

I know many people who switched and save a lot of money now. I also know a few who quit after switching, with no trouble.

I think I will try Mask's idea first and switch to a 100% tobacco blend first. I used to roll my own, but it got time consuming and I went back to Parliament Lights. I'm sure what Mask is saying is true though. It's cheaper, no more $5/day down the drain, and the loose tobacco is not chemical-laden.

I'm going to pick up some Buglar or try to find some Criss-cross brand today. I really just want to be able to breathe again!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
reply to post by Mr Mask

Can you provide some links for some good cheap tobacco that I can purchase?
Would Buglar be an example?

I think around Christmas time I'm gonna spend the extra money for an electronic cigarette... and go from there.

I said I would quit in October and I keep on procrastinatin'

I suppose you can get some good tabaco in BC..... but you would have to import it.. sorry had to add my .02 cents.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Unless you grow your own all tobacco products that are sold must have chemicals and other nasties added to them, you will never get 100% pure tobacco. Nicotine withdrawal is easy in my experience, it's the mental hurdle and ritual of smoking that always gets me. In any case it's alot cheaper to smoke rolling tobacco than cigs..a helluva lot cheaper.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join