It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Graphic Info) Russian Cannibal who ate his Mother

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Here's one that goes in the "Horrible" crimes file...

I can't believe he actually got a lighter sentence just because he said that he was hungry and didn't actually enjoy eating the meat. Even, though he spent all his money on liquor and gambling.

If he was able to get pasta and other ingredients to eat his... mother... (yuck)... then he had other food to eat. Hell, I lived off of pop tarts and macaroni when I was in my teen years. There is no excuse for this kind of behavior.

Well, I guess this goes to show that the U.S. isn't the only place that houses some pretty sick minded people.
Source: Mail Online / World News

The Russian man hit his mother Lyubov, 55, over the head with a brick and then strangled her with an electric cable following a row over her refusal to give him her pension money to spend on alcohol. A court heard how he put her body on the balcony of the family flat near Samara, in southern Russia, and took her allowance before going on a two day drinking and gambling binge. Returning to the flat, he soon ran out of food and started slicing meat from his mother's body. 'She was frozen, like meat in the freezer,' he told police. He cooked soup and pasta with meat from his mother's body over a period of more than a month, he said. The Russian criminal code dictates 15 years in jail for his crimes but the judge said he was reducing it slightly because Gavrilov - who previously served time in jail for robbery - pleaded guilty and 'he was not keen to eat the meat, he just was hungry'. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... 490#ixzz0WZWXdLN6

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
wow, modern day russian cannabalisim! i thought that stuff ended long long ago!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by x2Strongx
Well, I guess this goes to show that the U.S. isn't the only place that houses some pretty sick minded people.

what a stupid comment. Did you really mean that, or just weren't thinking when you were typing?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I have cooked up a few suspect meals after a drinking session (ice cream and roast lamb!) but i have never...NEVER been tempted to cook my mother

Also, less than 15 years for what is, when you break it down:

1. Murder
2. Robbery
3. Cannibalism

It seems like they are in a russia to release you over there............im sorry

Peace.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by hikix

I didn't mean the comment to be inflammatory. Sometimes the media and other countries make it sound like that we are the only place to have mass murder killings and such. I guess what I should have said that people all over the world are resorting to some very sick things...

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by x2Strongx

nah its alright, its just that there are countries in this world whos government (if there even is one) will mutilate you and kill you for breaking the law. And there are people committing crimes all over the world that are just as bad or worse than this.. but its not in America, so why would Americans need to hear about it? I knew you didnt mean it the way it came across.

CX

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by x2Strongx
I can't believe he actually got a lighter sentence just because he said that he was hungry and didn't actually enjoy eating the meat.

Wow thats an excuse and a half!
If i'm ever up in court for battering an intruder to death, i'll remember to say i needed the exercise.

Cannabilism has to be one of the great taboos that i just can't fathom. Maybe in an extreme survival situation, as has happened to a few before, but not in every day life.

I can fully appreciate how someone might be pushed to take another persons life in extreme cases (not in this case though), but then to have them for lunch is slightly odd.

CX.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
im just gonna go ahead and assume he had some serious mental deficiencys

edit for a second line.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by whateverponcho]

new topics

top topics

join