It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican looks to heavens for signs of alien life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
VATICAN CITY -E.T. phone Rome. Four hundred years after it locked up Galileo for challenging the view that the Earth was the center of the universe, the Vatican has called in experts to study the possibility of extraterrestrial alien life and its implication for the Catholic Church.
"The questions of life's origins and of whether life exists elsewhere in the universe are very suitable and deserve serious consideration," said the Rev. Jose Gabriel Funes, an astronomer and director of the Vatican Observatory.
Funes, a Jesuit priest, presented the results Tuesday of a five-day conference that gathered astronomers, physicists, biologists and other experts to discuss the budding field of astrobiology — the study of the origin of life and its existence elsewhere in the cosmos.

full link
Vatican looks to heavens for signs of alien life

What do you guys think?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
How neat, any of us can close the threads now??? Cool.

Anyhow, the Vatican is looking in the wrong place, i think.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Not to mention how militant some members are about it.... I mean seriously "Chillax" people

I remember hearing about the prophecy they use to determine if they picked one and supposedly there's only one more pope left... I have in my mind a hilarious mental image of the vatican contacting extraterrestrial life and saying "Uh turn's out we were wrong guys, jesus was just an alien... so we're just gonna disband the church now, but hey thanks for all the money"

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The Vatican is using this wider net , astrobiology, to their advantage for public consumption. Meantime they are still focused on searching the cosmos for the 'Clouds of Glory' that the Angelic army and the returning 'Christ' use to hearald their appearance....
the Vatican is also looking for the 'Mountain' that will fall into the Sea
the Vatican is also searching for 'Wormwood', which they mistake for a comet/meteor...

8:10 And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;

8:11 And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

The wording...'burning as it were a lamp' suggests that this Wormwood 'Star' is not a meteor that hits Earth...
but is a bright-burning Light that irradiates 1/3rd of the planet.

one has to understand that the globe is constantly cycling through daytime-twilight-nighttime as it rotates.
At any point of time in this 24 hour period 1/3 of the planet is in direct sunlight, 1/3 of the planet is in darkness, and 1/3 of the planet is in neither 'day' nor 'night' but in the dusk or dawn portion of the twilight-time.

And this explains how 1/3 of the world's waters & fountains will be affected by the 'Wormwood' beacon-of-light falling on those waters & causing the death & pollution within the water itself
(likely the contamination by the waters' dead microbial & bacterial organisms in the water)
A high energy Gamma-ray-burst (GRB) would satisify this prophetic 3rd Angel, as only 1/3 of the planet would effectivly be exposed to this quick & sudden blast of 'burning' radiation coming through the least dense part of the atmosphere.

keep searching the heaven's Vatican, but refine your search for the correct prophetic sign...

the 'Wormwood' i have described above most likely will come from the area of the constellations Aquarius or Saggitarrius

thanks,

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by blankduck18

It looks like it's time for "First Contact".
Remember this episode on Star Trek The Next Generation?
Maybe this is the best case scenario for disclosure.
When the Pope is sitting behind his desk, a small group beams down
to say "hello". Hopefully, the aliens will have their universal
translators turned on.
After the meeting, the Pope has a press conference on TV and
simply introduces them to the Earth.
Here they are!

top topics

join