It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

to those that said this never happens

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I thought i would post links here about muslims being harrassed in the military, and mistreated. i remeber a year are so ago when i posted my experience in the military. being a muslim trying to serve, letting the world know the reason why i lied and did what i did. but many on here and through out the wolrd wrote it off saying that stuff like that wouldent go unoticed.

I knew all i had to do was wait and alot more stories will pop up about muslims in the military being harassed and mistreated

here are some links

afro.com...

www.altmuslim.com...

www.militantislammonitor.org...

I am trying to find the name of that muslim soldier who served with a spec opts grp that got haressed by other us soldiers. he got hate notes sent to him. he was on cnn last night when don lemon hosted the inside look of ft hood.

i know a lot more of this go's on, and i pray that more and more of it get exposed. this hate has to stop. its no excuse to go on killing spree's and hurt people. but it is wrong and must be stopped.

this is not a bashing islam thread, or a bashing me thread. just want to know ur thoughts on it, and if u can find more links please share them

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Of course it happens.

I have been in the military for 9 years now.

it doesnt just happen to muslims. it happens to wiccans, bhuddists, and many other non-christian religions. thats not a knock on christians, but more of a knock on ignorance.

unfortunately in the military, the channels that are available to you leave you open for reprisal, and i dont care what they say, the reprisal happens.

but the thing is it doesnt just happen in the military. it happens everyday everywhere. the key is that if you are a firm believer and a true muslim/wiccan/christian/whatever, you are supposed to forgive your tresspassers. forgive thier ignorance, and defend yourself with maintaining dignity, and not lowering yourself to give them more cause to be ignorant.

it is never a reason or excuse to lash out and cause another human being harm.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
These are not my own words!!! I read it some where's and cannot find it but I am giving credit to whoever wrote this whoever you are...

The U.S. military is a Christian Army...Muslims have their own armies all over the world. The can go join one of them and stay out of ours. The wars going on now are nothing more than New Age Crusades against the Muslims. So if you want to join our military first join our religion...

I kind of agree...I mean no offense to muslims and am by no means ok with war but the statement has merit.

LifENcircleS

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifENcircleS
These are not my own words!!! I read it some where's and cannot find it but I am giving credit to whoever wrote this whoever you are...

The U.S. military is a Christian Army...Muslims have their own armies all over the world. The can go join one of them and stay out of ours. The wars going on now are nothing more than New Age Crusades against the Muslims. So if you want to join our military first join our religion...

I kind of agree...I mean no offense to muslims and am by no means ok with war but the statement has merit.

LifENcircleS

Religion before COUNTRY!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LifENcircleS

how does it have any merit at all?

armies are supposed to be built to defend a nation, not a religion.

all that says is "youre not welcome here. go be with your own kind"

if youre telling people to be with their own kind, why stop at religion?
there are armies comprised almost entirely (if not entirely) out of blacks.
should african americans go join one of those armies?
how about asians or hispanics?

[edit on 8-11-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Being Muslim in the US Army is the worst possible place to be. Insist on an honorable discharge now while the focus is on them to let you out.
It's been hyjacked by evil masonic's.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The USA and the western world are drifting more and more rapidly into the direction of fascist states. One benchmark of a fascist state is the dehumanization of picked outgroups, not belonging to the majority of the population. After 9/11 the picked enemies were muslims.
Here is a lecture from Naomi Wolf, who list the traits, all fascist states share.

A process of dehumanization was repeated over and over again. All actions of muslims were interpreted in the worst possible way. Atrocities of your own troops weren't shown, those commited by muslims made it constantly into the news. People not seeking active information, are formed by the talking points delivered by the MSM. MSM-phrases are picked up by relatives, friends and neighbours.
Even when starting without prejudice the constant hammering of talking points sculpts your way of thinking. Instead of estimating your fellow humans according to their deeds, you believe the implanted mindset and start turning into a ugly direction.

Those who warn and point out these contortions are labeled appeasers, terror-sympathizers or simply unpatriotic. But normally these people don't make it into the news.
Here is blogger Glenn Greenwald as example. He states reasonable arguments but instead of showing him during the discussion, the editor prefers to show an Iranian rocket test.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wx4caster

Speaking as a Wiccan who served, I know exactly what you are talking about here. At least we have had our day at Arlington....
Wiccans dedicate grave at Arlington

Wiccan symbol OK for soldiers' graves

While on this subject, isn't it about time for us all to just grow up, and forget our religious differences? Stop trying to force others to join your or my group by using fear as a weapon? You will never see a Wiccan attempting to "convert" someone while dressed as a banker. Wars are about RELIGION...get it now?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I am sure no one but Muslims are harassed by fellow soldiers.I'm sure the blacks, Asians, women,gays etc. will be happy to here that.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifENcircleS

That has to be about the most ignorant statement I have ever read. We're all immigrants to this continent...the rest is just a matter of seniority. I thought there was something in your Constitution that talks to freedom of religion. I didn't notice it saying the freedom to practice your particular Christian religion.

Points to the OP for speaking up... there's guts...

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

yup, and i have experienced it myself.

a christian says to the command: "so i was at church the other day praying when all of a sudden..." and its fine

a wiccan says : "so i was practicing the otherday and i had my tarot cards out when all of a sudden" and people hit the roof. the same thing happens when a muslim says: "so i was praying to allah the other day when all of a sudden"

religion has been a burden of man for centuries.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Get this, I got a great true story.

Ready?

I knew a guy who was constantly made fun of in the barracks. It got pretty bad too. People would tape his doorwa with duct tape, put glue in the keyhole and generally harrass the kid every day or so.

Why did they make fun of him?

Because he was a devoted Catholic and didn't paricipate in the various barracks activities during the weekend.

It happens to everyone, you guys aren't special.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I guess that's what happens when the military recruits fratboys that love nothing more than drinking crap beer.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
From my military experience, Muslims weren't treated any differently. We were all treated like crap.

The Muslims I knew and were in charge of were harassed but the issue was dealt with accordingly. I had the airmen have a chat with the Islamic Chaplin in order to not tell my superiors.

but...

I had to deal with many harassment issues and this particular incident was and isolated case. People got harassed for every reason, not just Muslims. I am not trying to downplay any of ones experiences, but everyone gets picked on for something.

My main point is that religious discrimination and harassment is not institutional but perpetrated by a few ignorant individuals.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Bored To Tears

i am not saying anyone is special, i am saying the same thing that you are.

in the military there is an in crowd and an outsider crowd. that is the way it is. it starts in boot camp and continues on. like i said i am an E-5 up for E-6. i am the second senior NCO of my command, and that means i have to deal with all the petty stuff. the high school drama as i call it.

it isnt about just religion either. when you have a command that has the magority of peopl from a certain state, they make fun of everyone else who isnt from that state. it happens.

what is important is that when it comes time to focus on the mission that these people who were making fun of each other suddenly operate as a cohesive command, working together to look out for each other, and completing the mission with everyone being safe.

its when people start leaving others behind because of thier beliefs that the real problems begin. the rest is just developing thick skin. it doesnt make it right, but it sure makes it easier to keep your cool in the face of malicious harrasment from the enemy when you have already heard it from your bunk mates.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I have just one question of the OP.

In what category do you put publicly and falsely accusing a nation's entire military of committing war crimes?

Is that harassment?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by wx4caster

An E5 as an acting 1SG?

No I'm saying people need to stop complaining about religion.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

not claiming wut i did was harrassment. claimimg what happened to me in the army leading me to what i did was harassment. im not saying what i did was right and im not justifying it by no means. but how the army did me as a black american muslim was by no means right at all eigther. if u can find the thread when i posted my story on ats when i was fresh out of prsion and read the comments that people wrote in response then u will understand why i posted this

i found the link to my old post
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 8-11-2009 by jmacbeth]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
of course discrimination happens to many other races and cultures, religions in the army. im a black muslim, i can only speak to what suffered. so that is what i point out. when i came out on ats after i got out of prsion and posted here many bashed me saying that could never happen in the army and go unnoticed.

I just waited for more stories to come out of muslims being harrassed to validate the fact that it does happen. though still will still believe that it doesent. but time has a way of revealing the truth.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by jmacbeth]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jmacbeth

Lets see your original thread.

You being a black muslim that was supposedly mistreated, I'm sure you remember the name of your thread and can easily do a search so we can see it.

<<   2 >>

join