It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wish God exists...

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

There are so many different versions of what the term god means, who knows.

At teh end of the day something made you and that was infact a tremendous act of nature,a nd god gave that spark of conscious thought.

Why would you even question that something higher does not exist. If you are higher form of life than animals, why cannot there be something higher than you. Do ants notice us, when they are walking around, i doubt there brain even acknowledges us. SO why cannot there be something bigger than us, we cannot see or feel too.

Is that so absurd? No one is going to prove it too you, you either believe or you do not, but it would be an empty life just to think we are the best there is.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom
reply to post by Realtruth

Ooo, let me answer this!

Which is it God's Will or Free will to all men? You can't have both.

Man has free will until he dangers himself or others, then God
may impose his will on that man!
Or by keeping these others from harm by him.
Not always mind you , but sometimes.
How did I do RT?

"God" does not impose his 'will' on any man.

Man imposes will on himself.

There is no revengeful entity pulling the strings, your pulling your own strings.

Theres no true enemies or allies. All is a singular. There's nobody you can hurt besides yourself.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
You can change the world.
God himself said that. We live by purpose.
We live for a reason. Our human reason is to worship.
Every single one of us were born with the urge to worship or believe in something. That is How god himself created us. Why do you think so many try to not believe in GOD but worship his creations? They worship trees,animals, and anything that they seem to find "almighty". People make Gods or praise prophets because they separate from living with faith, to create something new. We were all born with the need to worship and that is why, no matter what, we believe in something. Or we either had EVER had doubts of his existence.

If there wasn't a God then why do so many people argue about his existence? WHy do so many people give in into so many topics to give there point across that he isn't loving.

God made Adam and eve, and i'm sure you herd this before.
God made this people and they created sin. It is not definite there fault because no matter what, if it were you and me, we still would of fall into temptation just like they did. God is a loving and living God. WHy is this world evil? Because it's sin. As well as God is good, Satan is evil. We created sin, he didn't. We fell into temptation and we grew within it. God has a raft, jealousy, and anger, and that is where he separated good from bad, which is heaven and hell. Just like he separated darkness from daylight, sun and moon, land and ocean. If you look at how beautiful this world is without looking at the negativity you will realize it is a beautiful place. The universe in no doubt shows how grate he is. He created yet. Humanity is his perfect existence, because even though scientists try to make a copy of us they still can't find out exacly how our brain works. WHy? because God created us perfect. we have a soul, and anything out there does not. The universe was made by just his breaths. He is a star breathing GOD.
Look around and see atleast one picture of a milky way, and it's billions of stars. Imagine.
GOD BREATHING ALL OF THIS. Just by one breath. he did it all.
remember..our sun IS A STAR, BUT IT IS NOT THE BIGGEST.
there is far more that we don't know but how wonderful it is to think that we think we are so clever when after all we our so small. God made things so amazing and unexplainable that we cannot even imagine. Yet we think we can shrink God a little by little by fooling others and ourselves with not knowing his existence. God to me...in my fully opinion and soul and whole love IS AN AMAZING GOD THAT NO ONE CAN EXPLAIN OR BEET.
I to have been with doubts, have studied about atheism and many other things because I too have been trough doubts. It's better to live in faith than to fall out of place and have struggles. ANd let me tell you, every time I fell out of place, not one thing ever made me feel better than knowing trough the valley of darkness and death, and trough thick and thin, he is always marveously there. He sent his ONLY SON. The son that should of lived forever, to die in a cross for people WHO HATED HIM, who spit on his face, who hit him, and made his life impossible.
But yet he will tell god "GOD FORGIVE THEM FOR THEY DON'T KNOW"
God was almighty to forgive us all or we will all fall into eternity of burning sulfur.
If God is so loving why did he create hell?
because he gave his only son for sinners. Jesus was crying out to god, looking for an answer and God, his father stared back and smiled. People made up the word excruciating because his awful tormented body was un recognizable and his pain was indescribable.
Who would give there son to people who hated you? Who spit in your face when you told them you love them. which your blood covered your whole body, and yet..you were still alive to feel all the pain.
we were all meant to die in the cross, but he took the place.
because God loves us so much.
He gave us a other chance, WHICH IS NOW, and yet were ignorant.
that's why he made hell.
this is what i believe in.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Well if he wanted us to believe in him, he has given us the message totally the wrong way.

I feel sorry for the ones who grew up around a religion that wasn't Christianity.

Because if they follow another religion, they will burn in hell.

Because they to thought theirs was right just like you think yours is right.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
So god created us in his image- able to create. So when we give birth we in some way are representing god. Now as god, we tell our children to not do something... it is bad. But they do it anyways. Well they had free will, so I suppose, as god we should leave them on the street with a book and tell them to find their way?

Our mathematical god created us all knowing a percentage would end up in his cooker. Truly benevolent. Sounds more like god is compensating for something. Earth is rather small.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Well here it go's... to me yes i think there is a GOD someone who is the all mighty, but is he just our GOD and does he really watch every move we make...NO i dont believe that... Why you may ask? i believe you truly have to earn his attention and be as pure as you can be, just to be seen and thought by the ones he created millions and billions of years before we were even thought of, in another words to us what would be E.T's... of course we have no proof that they are out there, simply because were not advance enough to leave our solar system to explore the universe.. I truly believe we were put here to be studied and to see how far we can devlope and that were always being judge by the ones who place us here in order to even make it to the next journey of our lives.. the bible is very correct on many things but not every...for example the ten commandments are all very true and we should definitely obey them at all times, but do i believe your automatically granted access to heaven if you follow these commandments as purely as you possibly can NO i dont and the reason is i believe theres alot more to it then just following these commandments to enter the kingdom of peace and love and happiness for the rest of you after life.... i believe by you following these commandments the best you can, just brings you to another stage of your journey into the after life were you would have to prove yourself again and agian to all the planets we have to visit before we are all close enough to that place we can call heaven! each place we are able to make it to will be more advance as we continue our journey on our path to heaven or the place of purity!!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Wow I'm getting tired of repeating myself over and over.

To Believers: There is no evidence that god exists.

To Atheists: There is no evidence that god does not exist.

To everyone who is an atheist but use words like "spirit" or "soul": Are you F#(* Kidding me?

Believe what you want, but stop fighting about it.

Yet another circle jerk thread....

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplified
So god created us in his image- able to create. So when we give birth we in some way are representing god. Now as god, we tell our children to not do something... it is bad. But they do it anyways. Well they had free will, so I suppose, as god we should leave them on the street with a book and tell them to find their way?

Our mathematical god created us all knowing a percentage would end up in his cooker. Truly benevolent. Sounds more like god is compensating for something. Earth is rather small.

He knew a certain percentage would end up in the Cooker but that is the beauty of free will. He knew it would happen because you can make your own decisions, even if they are not the right ones.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
He knew a certain percentage would end up in the Cooker but that is the beauty of free will. He knew it would happen because you can make your own decisions, even if they are not the right ones.

Though ultimately god created this beautiful thing called free will with the intent of being followed and torturing those who do not. This resembles an ego far too much in my opinion. One would assume an omnipotent being would be past such trivial emotions.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by Simplified]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplified

Well hell is described in two different ways.

The flame that does not consume.

Eternal separation from god.

Basically we set ourselves apart. You could call it the difference between John Lenin and Adolf Hitler.

God is also described as judging by the heart. I'm sure this will not be the last time you hear this.

Even though many christian faiths do not beleive this I think John Lenin went to heaven because of a pure heart because he was a figure of "good".

Hell is more of a separation than a torture.

--------------------------------------------

Plus you have to understand that it is Humans that describe god this way. Primitive emotions are a human trait.

The real god, if there is one, is beyond our understanding. Probably to the extent that not even the cumulative computational ability of the entire human race could describe him accurately.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
But god sorry gods do exist.

When disclosure eventually is allowed to all, you will soon realise that the bible has much truth but it has been stained by man who only uses it to exploit other humans.

There is much evidence from the bible, the Koran, the pyramids, Vercocha, the Inca's, the ancient people who created the Nazca lines.
I honestly feel the Vatican also know, and I am sure they mentioned that Aliens could exist.

It makes me wonder how us humans who were used to be around the gods, forgot about them so quickly.

Maybe as I said before that the story of the gods has been lost in translation over the years and then their story has been manipulated by man for mans gain.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by colec156

The true 'god' is everything. There is only one. One Infinite Creator that which we all are.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
We are all a little piece of God. God lives within all of us. Ever get a gut feeling? That was a whisper from God. You don't have to have religion to find God, just an open mind and an open heart. I found organized religion to be an impediment to me, they each have their own perspective on the truth but most require strict adherence to that perspective.

www.rcpsych.ac.uk...

After extensive research, Armour (1994) introduced the concept of functional ‘heart brain’. His work revealed that the heart has a complex intrinsic nervous system that is sufficiently sophisticated to qualify as a ‘little brain’ in its own right. The heart’s brain is an intricate network of several types of neurons, neurotransmitters, proteins and support cells similar to those found in the brain proper. Its elaborate circuitry enables it to act independently of the cranial brain – to learn, remember, and even feel and sense. The heart’s nervous system contains around 40,000 neurons, called sensory neurites (Armour, 1991). Information from the heart - including feeling sensations - is sent to the brain through several afferents. These afferent nerve pathways enter the brain at the area of the medulla, and cascade up into the higher centres of the brain, where they may influence perception, decision making and other cognitive processes (Armour, 2004).

Thus, it was revealed that the heart has its own intrinsic nervous system that operates and processes information independently of the brain or nervous system. This is what allows a heart transplant to work. Normally, the heart communicates with the brain via nerve fibres running through the vagus nerve and the spinal column. In a heart transplant, these nerve connections do not reconnect for an extended period of time; in the meantime, the transplanted heart is able to function in its new host only through the capacity of its intact, intrinsic nervous system (Murphy, et al, 2000)

Research has also revealed that the heart communicates information to the brain and throughout the body via electromagnetic field interactions. The heart generates the body’s most powerful and most extensive rhythmic electromagnetic field. The heart’s magnetic component is about 500 times stronger than the brain’s magnetic field and can be detected several feet away from the body. It was proposed that, this heart field acts as a carrier wave for information that provides a global synchronizing signal for the entire body (McCraty, Bradley & Tomasino, 2004)

Data indicate that when heart rhythm patterns are coherent, the neural information sent to the brain facilitates cortical function. This effect is often experienced as heightened mental clarity, improved decision making and increased creativity. Additionally, coherent input from the heart tends to facilitate the experience of positive feeling states. This may explain why most people associate love and other positive feelings with the heart and why many people actually feel or sense these emotions in the area of the heart. So, the heart seems to be intimately involved in the generation of psychophysiological coherence (Tille et al, 1996, & McCraty, 2000).

There is now evidence that a subtle yet influential electromagnetic or ‘energetic’ communication system operates just below our conscious awareness. Energetic interactions possibly contribute to the ‘magnetic’ attractions or repulsions that occur between individuals, and also affect social relationships. It was also found that one person’s brain waves can synchronize to another person’s heart (McCraty, 2004).

A very interesting research finding has been that the heart is involved in the processing and decoding of intuitive information (McCraty, Atkinson & Bradley, 2004). Previous data suggests that the heart’s field was directly involved in intuitive perception, through its coupling to an energetic information field outside the boundoutside the bounds of space and time (Childre & McCraty, 2001). Using a rigorous experimental design; there was evidence that both the heart and brain receive and respond to information about a future event before the event actually happens. Even more surprising was that the heart appeared to receive this intuitive information before the brain (McCraty, Atkinson & Bradley, 2004).

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I been busting my brain on this one to help me get close to a reasonable reply.

Firstly if one believes there is conscious organised structure to our universe then one can also hypothesise that such a structure exists elsewhere, whether that be in other dimensions or universes is not important what is important is that you continue with the simple hypothesis that consciousness goes on even after death, along with love and wisdom (which is proven on earth at the DNA level). Pushing ego asside one also has to assume that as one moves up the path of light or progress and continues to accumulate knowledge wisdom and spiritual atunement there has to be a pace at which information and wisdom are received, too much information would undoubtably overload ones mind and cause damage. Accepting there is a pace to the influx of information one can also deduce that there are others who have gone before that have already been exposed or worked their way up the path of spiritual knowledge and experience.

OK with that in mind one has to accept that a non egotistical hierarchy has to exist for the sake of comfort and due to differing experiences and exposure to information, knowledge and accumulated wisdom. Even the simple assumption that physical structure is not 2 dimensional would lead one to believe also that consious structure for the sake of solidity would be no different, ie have structure! A flat 2d plane does not have this.

I think it is an egotistical falacy to say 'we are all equal' we are not, we may have at some point been created equally but experience, action and thought differentiate us from our neighbour.

So the next logical step is that with hierarchy comes an eventual top tier. This is where I believe the wisest of the wise exist. This would be Gods Domain. Whether that supreme consciousness be singular or a group is probably relative to where you are at and maybe even what the desires are of the individual wanting to be in the presence of God. To be honest though one should never really think of God in the singular sense as this seems almost to defy the definition of a creator entity, from an eathly perspective that is.

Also on a psychological note you will notice we crave praise, of course we do it is a recognition or reaching goals and acomplishments, these are good things. An existance without hierarchy would effectively null this. So I often think those who preach this have most to gain from preaching it, if you get my drift!

So to summarise if one accepts intelligence external to planet earth than you have to logically conclude that there is also hierarchy that exists and with this comes the logical conclusion that yes God also exists.

This next question one might ask is why has an all loving all wise God not interacted in earthly affairs? Careful where you tread on that one!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Put simply "god" is not the point. Existance is. I don't think we are meant to know for sure as that would get in the way of learning. It is our nature that we come to over rely on anything that comes too easy. Sort of like that saying, "Give a man a fish. He'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish he will eat for a life time." What it doesn't say and it is our nature to usually choose the easy way out and prefer to be given fish than to catch our own. And all that breeds is dependency.
That is of course if such a being exists at all. But, the answer thus far is purely a subjective one on either side of the debate.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifecitizen
Your statement makes me quite sad really because so many people who become christians, do it by faith alone. How difficult that must be.

what other way is there?

there is no proof that the Jesus as talked about in the bible existed.

-it comes down to faith- you believe something without any proof.

You may as well believe in Santa Clause and the Ester Bunny too! Actually at one point in my life I would wake up to toys or Ester Candy delivered over night by the above so there is more proof of Santa and Ester Bunny than God or Jesus.

Someone lied to me though and told me they did not exist. Then the toys stopped

<< 8  9  10   >>

join