It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wish God exists...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Before I didn't believe in God,
I thought of God as someone that only a weak person would turn to,

Then I became an agnostic,
I looked at the complexity of this universe and did not think it was a coincidence,

Then I became an atheist,
I realized that religion is the only thing that has convinced people that is an invisible man in the sky.

But now, I wish that God existed,
If he exists, then anything is possible,
One will not have to live in a mundane world with no purpose,
One can achieve his/her fantasies,
One can change the world.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
If the Christian god I was raised to believe in...the one in the King James version is real, then he is a horrible god. I could not worship a god that created everything, knows everything that would happen and has happened and created Humans with such flaws that would allow some of us to burn in hell.

Since everything is gods will then he created some people just to torment them later in hell for not believing in a ancient written book or a fairy tail resurrection with absolutely no evidence? REALLY?

That is sick. My alternative in believing in that myth or not is eternal damnation by a loving father creator...REALLY?

Perhaps there is something more than us out there but it is I HOPE not the gods from the middle east.

If that god is real he is a terrorist.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

Beauty.
That is what really makes it real to me.

All this is just fleeting? Really?
This beautiful blue world just happened?
If that's the case there should be other inhabitable worlds
all around us!
The universe should be teeming with life then!

I hope there is a God, otherwise we are just mutated apes
doomed to extinction!

Star from me and the best of luck to you in your lifes
adventures my friend. Nice post!

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
If you consider that the universe and god are the same thing then its not a problem to say god exists.
Think of it this way, if you was an intelligent germ living inside a human body over time u will work out the mechanics and maths that is your known universe. Now as you have never left your universe(the human body) can you say with any certanity that you was living inside a living concious entity? No you could not unless u left the body and see it from another perspective ie you leave ur universe.

Now anything with matter cannot leave the universe either. Some unknown force starts to push back any objects trying to leave the universe boundaries. But if we could leave our universe would we see God?

[edit on 7-11-2009 by loner007]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I will only offer that God is not found at birth.
God does not interfere with your life. You were given intelligence and a free will. Your life and what you make of it is your own affair. Same goes for the world. Many blame God for all that is wrong when in fact, it is mankind, humanity, that has built this thing we call civilization.

Many blame the followers of God - who claim to act in His name - when, in fact, they represent no one except themselves. Anyone can lie... anyone can claim to be the spokesman for a politician, a religion or a cause... but merely making the claim does not make it so.

Personally, I find God in the leaf in the fall breeze... the sound of the wind blowing through the trees and in the smile of the total stranger. I talk to God not in churches but in quiet, personal prayer.

God isn't a big guy with a booming voice that punishes. To the contrary, God is a spiritual embrace, warm and loving like that between a mother and a newborn child.

Best

[edit on 7-11-2009 by redoubt]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

But there is no God, so just get on with it

One will not have to live in a mundane world with no purpose,
One can achieve his/her fantasies,
One can change the world.

I don't believe in a God, and yet......

I do not live in a mundane world, my world has purpose.
I can achieve my fantasies.
I can change the world.

This is how religion welcomes new members, when they are feeling down and out. Sad.

Take a look outside, our world is b-e-a-utiful!

Take care.

Peace.

link   

Beautiful post. I definitely relate to what you are saying. I used to be an Atheist, then an Agnostic, then a Chirstian, then an Atheist.

I have to say I really miss Jesus. Its like finding out that your best friend turned out not to be anything but a story.

There are days when I pray that I could believe again, but I know I pray to nothing and noone is there to hear my pleas. I miss my little magical buddy. Now I am left with a Bible that still has lots of wisdom but no real teeth.

Mostly, I wish I was born a little dumber or illogical. Having half a brain is a handicap when you are trying to be happy.

I would give almost anything to believe again, even if it is really a lie.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by HotSauce]

link   

Originally posted by Xeven
If the Christian god I was raised to believe in...the one in the King James version is real, then he is a horrible god. I could not worship a god that created everything, knows everything that would happen and has happened and created Humans with such flaws that would allow some of us to burn in hell.

Since everything is gods will then he created some people just to torment them later in hell for not believing in a ancient written book or a fairy tail resurrection with absolutely no evidence? REALLY?

That is sick. My alternative in believing in that myth or not is eternal damnation by a loving father creator...REALLY?

Perhaps there is something more than us out there but it is I HOPE not the gods from the middle east.

We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes. – Gene Roddenberry

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom

Beauty.
That is what really makes it real to me.

All this is just fleeting? Really?
This beautiful blue world just happened?
If that's the case there should be other inhabitable worlds
all around us!
The universe should be teeming with life then!

I hope there is a God, otherwise we are just mutated apes
doomed to extinction!

Star from me and the best of luck to you in your lifes
adventures my friend. Nice post!

Sir David Attenborough has revealed that he receives hate mail from viewers for failing to credit God in his documentaries. In an interview with this week's Radio Times about his latest documentary, on Charles Darwin and natural selection, the broadcaster said: "They tell me to burn in hell and good riddance."

Telling the magazine that he was asked why he did not give "credit" to God, Attenborough added: "They always mean beautiful things like hummingbirds. I always reply by saying that I think of a little child in east Africa with a worm burrowing through his eyeball. The worm cannot live in any other way, except by burrowing through eyeballs. I find that hard to reconcile with the notion of a divine and benevolent creator."

from link: www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen

We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes.

I once heard it said that the old devil gave every person an excuse for being bad at some time in their lives, and then God's forgiveness for that sin, an escape for personal responsibility.

But... assuming that there is no God, then whom do we blame? Ourselves?

Say it ain't so!

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
reply to post by lifecitizen

We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes.

I once heard it said that the old devil gave every person an excuse for being bad at some time in their lives, and then God's forgiveness for that sin, an escape for personal responsibility.

But... assuming that there is no God, then whom do we blame? Ourselves?

Say it ain't so!

wish I could.

lots of wishing going on today

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I feel the exact same way as you do. The only difference is that I always have believed in a creator. I keep changing my view on religion, and the role it takes place with the creator. I look around in the world, at all the animals, and beautiful places that exist on earth. Then I think to myself, all of this happened by chance? If you think about it, the chances of the universe just occuring, can be just as likely as there being a creator.

Maybe there is more than one creator. Maybe there is two, therefor when one asks how one was created, the answer can be the other one willed it.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven

Here is an alternative view of the God of the Old Testament.

Hell is not a Hebrew concept...it is Greko/Roman in origin...
...and got 'baptised' into Christianity about the third century AD.

The word hell is translated into English from the word Ghenna...
...which was a garbage dump outside the walls of Jerusalem...
...it was originally a place of Pagan human sacrifice...
...and was considered only fit for garbage...

Q: And what do you find in garbage tips?
A: Fires and Worms.

If you look at all the mean stuff, genoside etc, God does in the Old Testament...
...it was against hybrid human/alien tribes called Nephyl...
...the very same dudes the Disclosure religion is wanted to 'out' to the world...
...and who governments have been playing with for years for their 'technologies'.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I saw a baby born with it's brain on the outside of it's skull. It died shortly after being born.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy
I saw a baby born with it's brain on the outside of it's skull. It died shortly after being born.

So, Beast, are you saying the baby was God?

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

First off, what a nice post.

It is not very often that people speak from the heart here on ATS.

Beautiful post. I definitely relate to what you are saying. I used to be an Atheist, then an Agnostic, then a Chirstian, then an Atheist.

Your statement makes me quite sad really because so many people who become christians, do it by faith alone. How difficult that must be.

I would never have become a christian if i had to do that, i was to much of a doubting Thomas.
Maybe Jesus knew that and that is why he came into my life with such an impact.

So many people who become christians don't have a relationship with Jesus and this bothers me a great deal. That is why you say you were a christian and now you are not.
If people did have a relationship with him then they could never, NOT believe in him.
You could turn your back on him but he will allways be real....

This is why some christians don't show the love of God through thier actions because without the holy spirit to guide them they are doing everything in thier own strength. You need that relationship to change your life for the better.

What would our children be like if they had no mother or father to guide and correct them as they grew up?

Anyway, to those who are wanting God to be true, be sincere and ask him into your life, you never know, he could be real after all...

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
God does exist... just maybe not in the way you or I could ever comprehend.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE

Originally posted by HankMcCoy

So, Beast, are you saying the baby was God?

It was made in His image, eh?

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
what's your point?

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Your statement makes me quite sad really because so many people who become christians, do it by faith alone. How difficult that must be.

what other way is there?

there is no proof that the Jesus as talked about in the bible existed.

-it comes down to faith- you believe something without any proof.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join