It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin's event: no cellphones, recorders.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Well I think this is indeed bizzare:

no press will be allowed into the Milwaukee auditorium where she will speak and those who have paid the $30 admittance fee are unable to carry in cell phones, cameras, laptops, or recording devices of any kind

What do you make of it? Is this realization that she's not up to snuff when it comes to public speaking?

Wisconsin Democratic Party Chairman Mike Tate told the Wisconsin Radio Network he finds all these restrictions "bizarre."

"You know, for someone who claims to be a rogue and isn't afraid of what other people think it really is sort of hypocritical to not let the media, the press cover your event."

[edit on 6-11-2009 by buddhasystem]

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6/11/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
it seems like she is learning.

It's hard to be taken seriously when videos of your public speaking are offered as comedic fare without even being edited. At least this way the "I was misquoted" argument has some chance of working.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Well, you wouldn't want anyone to misquote her!
She does a pretty good job of that herself.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I don't feel that there is any need to bash Mrs. Palin for the way she makes speeches. I dont think that there is anything wrong with this. She does not hold public office, currently she is not running for anything, so the security or whatever is totally up to her.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Well - if she's getting paid for the gig it may just be as simple as her not wanting bootleg copies of the speech getting out to help keep paying crowds coming. Kind of like is common with a concert or something.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Wisconsin Democratic Party Chairman Mike Tate told the Wisconsin Radio Network he finds all these restrictions "bizarre."

"You know, for someone who claims to be a rogue and isn't afraid of what other people think it really is sort of hypocritical to not let the media, the press cover your event."

Sounds like Mr Tate is upset he didn't get invited.

Why do Democrats care so much about a person who doesn't even hold public office having a rally?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anjin
Why do Democrats care so much about a person who doesn't even hold public office having a rally?

Good question. As they continually insist, she is irrelevant and the left certainly does NOT have a Palin hangup. No sir. They're not obsessed at all.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I will never attend a speech of any political figure that doesn't believe in freedom of speech but only when it comes to their own side.

Want to know what I really think, sounds like dictatorship to me and elite powers at best.

Anybody that agree with that kind of behavior really has lost track of what this nation means and was supposed to be.

No wonder littler by littler we are reversing and getting away from our constitutional powers and allowing puppet politicians to dictate what how we the public worship them.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingoftheworld
She does not hold public office, currently she is not running for anything, so the security or whatever is totally up to her.

Do you realize that your "security" cop-out is extremely specious? You are right, she's a private citizen, when was the last time a private citizen banned cellphones all around them, our of fear... for what?

Nah, that's BS and you must be aware of it.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by metamagic
it seems like she is learning.

It's hard to be taken seriously when videos of your public speaking are offered as comedic fare without even being edited. At least this way the "I was misquoted" argument has some chance of working.

Yes, she is learning.
The libs on this thread need to calm down.
Sarah Palin won't be walking into the oval office until 2012.
She is appearing on Oprah later this month.
Sarah + Oprah = Book sales through the roof!

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by kingoftheworld
She does not hold public office, currently she is not running for anything, so the security or whatever is totally up to her.

when was the last time a private citizen banned cellphones all around them

Last time I went to a BLS concert this past summer.

We had the choice to return it to our vehicles or have them hold on to them at the security desk.

I took mine to my car.

Axl Rose is famous for beating the crap out of a fan because he took a picture of him during a concert.

She is putting on an event and can say that no purses allowed if she wanted to. Start complaining when she ask for only brown M&Ms in her dressing room.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
The libs on this thread need to calm down.

I'm not a liberal but I find it hard to keep composure while observing that clown, that's all.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bored To Tears
Axl Rose is famous for beating the crap out of a fan because he took a picture of him during a concert.

He's also famous for other things like being delinquent, drug and alcohol abuse and being arrested for assault on fans -- if you want to apply this kind of yardstick to Sarah, more power to you.

Alcohol and arrest aside, I do think that Axl is a talented person out of these two.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Palin is a political figure, she ran for vice president or people already forgot about hat, she will run again in the next elections because that is what she will do, you do not stop been a political figure and still make political speeches as a private citizen when her political speeches is to bash the opposing party.

She is political figure plain and simple, unless she is going now around having events because she is creating a cult, she is testing the waters to see how well she will do while gaining the array of pimps that will finance her political career.

Why people can not understand the deception here? because people now are looking and with high hopes for another Saviour to come out, but guess what people is not such thing as Saviour's Obama prove to us about that, so don't hold your breath on Palin

The same crap that is in the Democratic party is the same crap in the Republican, voters doesn't have choices when our political system is hijacked by two parties.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I think you completely missed the point of my post.

I expect it was on purpose as it answers your question and you don't like the answer.

edit to add "you" after think.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by Bored To Tears]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bored To Tears

I think you completely missed the point of my post.

I guess I kinda really did. Was there a point? Yes, a private even CAN have cellphones banned, or require attendees to wear white shoes. However, for a public figure and a recent runner-up, it's nothing short of weird to preclude not only media coverage but people taking notes.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

So you are ranting because you find it weird. I find the way Michelle Obama dresses weird, but you don't see me ranting about it.

It is her event and if she doesn't want the media there or if she doesn't want cell phones then that is her right. If you want to hear what she has to say then buy a ticket, if you don't want to buy a ticket then you must not care that much and your complaining is for nothing.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bored To Tears

Sorry to bring this but if Palin is holding an event that has political connotations in it and her speech is full of political agenda, then she is a political figure and she is disregarding the freedom of speech in the nation.

I can only wait to see how political her event is because that should be an eye opening to those that worship the ground she steps on, that means she will step on any voters that doesn't agree with her demands.

Plain and simple.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
For what its worth, I did a little looking of speeches by poticial figures not in office to see if this is common or not.

I did find where CNET was complaining about Al Gore doing similar in a speech in 08.

Al Gore bars press from RSA talk next month - 2008 article

Gore has demanded--as a condition of giving the keynote speech--that press be barred from the room. As Kim Zetter wrote for Wired.com: "Video recordings, broadcasts and photography are also prohibited."

His standard speaking contract says "closed press" and "Vice President Gore will accept no interview requests" and "Vice President Gore does not permit taping of his speeches."

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

I am glad that I never like AL Gore he was nothing but another political pretty boy groom and polish to become another puppet in govenrment.

But then again most of them are just the same.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join