It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin's event: no cellphones, recorders.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bored To Tears
reply to post by buddhasystem

So you are ranting because you find it weird. I find the way Michelle Obama dresses weird, but you don't see me ranting about it.

Michelle can shave her head for all I care (which I actually don't). Would I call it weird? Probably. But that wouldn't give away anything about her being fearful of going on record. Hehe.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I agree with the OP that this very much seems like a Palin recognizing her penchant for guffaws and idiocy trying to prevent another negative media disaster on her behalf.

I also agree that this isn't a partisan issue as many speakers on all sides have similar requirements at private engagements.

In spirit, I totally agree with marg6043 about the morality of it, but although I find the practice objectionable in a Free Society, I do think that is a protected right so long as she is not currently holding a position of Public Office. Closed Room meetings and Clandestine gatherings, so long as they are Peaceful Assemblages, is still a Constitutional Right. If a hopeful politician who does not currently hold Public Office wants to privately address a group of elite invitees at say the Bohemian Grove for an example, then that is their Right. However, when our Public Officials gather and meet behind Closed Doors it then becomes not only objectionable morally, but perhaps even legally (except in the case of "National Security") because they are Public Servants and shouldn't be exempting the Press from reporting on their addresses.

Palin can go ahead and do whatever she wants to do and play Goddess with her devoutly loyal and adoring fans. It is unlikely she'll ever amount to anything beyond her delusions of grandeur. So long as she does not hold Public Office, she can make her own rules so long as it doesn't violate the law. So long as she does that, then more power to her!

Although, I seriously wish that the Media would just drop even reporting about Palin at all. The MSM is just as obsessed with her as she is with the MSM. If they stop reporting on non-issues with Palin she will eventually disappear all on her own.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus
Although, I seriously wish that the Media would just drop even reporting about Palin at all. The MSM is just as obsessed with her as she is with the MSM. If they stop reporting on non-issues with Palin she will eventually disappear all on her own.

You know - I think you may have just hit on it in the quote above.

Didn't they ever hear the old saying, "It will never heal up if you keep picking at it!!"

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

I think Palin is no going to disappear, she is going to stick around like soft piece of gum under your shoe on hot summer day.

She is marketable, she is photographic and she is been prop by big money interest.

She is not going anywhere for a long time.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

So you are ranting because you find it weird. I find the way Michelle Obama dresses weird, but you don't see me ranting about it.

Michelle can shave her head for all I care (which I actually don't). Would I call it weird? Probably. But that wouldn't give away anything about her being fearful of going on record. Hehe.

Ok I give up.

You don't like her and just trying to find something to fuel that dislike.

Have fun.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

You don't like her and just trying to find something to fuel that dislike.

Believe it or not, I find positive qualities in her just like many Americans do. She has my respect as an accomplished outdoorswoman, an outstanding local politician and a mother of multiple children. I bet you she could run a small or medium size business just fine.

What bugs me in this situation though is that there has been a tremendous trust vested in her by a large number of people, and frankly she should pay back, in the very least, by being open. She won't. Same kind of duplicity she showed when she resigned her governor post.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I despise Democrat traitors as much as I despise Republican traitors.

Sarah Palin and Joe Biden in a caged death match. That is something I would pay to see.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

She said she had to quit the governors job because she would be continually dogged by ethics investigations. That pretty much tells the tale right there.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Regardless of what ex. Gov. Palin wants; I can guarantee that there will be American Paparazzi that will pay the fee and sneak in tiny cameras, camcorders and sound recorders.

There is no privacy for public figures. There is to much money to be made exposing the notables to the people that worship them.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the hall where ex. Gov. Palin is going to speak hasnt already been wired.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Regardless of what ex. Gov. Palin wants; I can guarantee that there will be American Paparazzi that will pay the fee and sneak in tiny cameras, camcorders and sound recorders.

There is no privacy for public figures. There is to much money to be made exposing the notables to the people that worship them.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the hall where ex. Gov. Palin is going to speak hasnt already been wired.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by whaaa]

Yeah, now it's like a game.
I'll bet i can sneak my way in there with a spy cam in my hat
and get audio and video.
If she makes a mistake, i'll leak it onto youtube and make a
fortune. Maybe write my own book about how i pulled it off.
Think Acorn tapes. - Hidden camera -

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join