It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspect, devout Muslim from Va., wanted Army discharge, aunt said

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Suspect, devout Muslim from Va., wanted Army discharge, aunt said

www.washingtonpost.com

He prayed every day at the Muslim Community Center in Silver Spring, a devout Muslim who, despite asking to be discharged from the U.S. Army, was on the eve of his first deployment to war.

In an interview, his aunt, Noel Hasan of Falls Church, said he had endured name-calling and harassment about his Muslim faith for years after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks and had sought for several years to be discharged from the military.

"Our family loves America,"

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

The psychiatrist once said that "Muslims should stand up and fight against the aggressor" and that the United States shouldn't be fighting the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan in the first place

This is anti-american foreign policy sentiment
not religious extremism

Lee told Fox News that Hasan "was hoping that President Obama would pull troops out. . . . When things weren't going that way, he became more agitated, more frustrated with the conflicts over there. . . . He made his views well known about how he felt about the U.S. involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan."

Again this is regarding foreign policy
Not religious extremism

Officials are not ruling out the possibility that some of the casualties may have been victims of "friendly fire," that in the confusion at the shooting scene some of the responding military officials may have shot some of the victims.
www.statesman.com...

Ok now that is EXTREMELY suspect

First there were 3 shooters, then 2, then 3 again
and now there's only one

and with just ONE shooter there might have been quite alot of friendly fire?

These guys fight in Iraq and Vietghanistan with loads of enemy combatants, but just ONE guy and they got confused and friendly fire occured?

Even with the element of surprise it still doesn't at all make any sense, especially with trained soldiers.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

No it does make since, This guy was in uniform and shot at troops, MPs most likely got a report saying shots were fired, They arrived on scene to see Soldiers moving wounded and troops fleeing the area. The gunman again opens up on troops, Now there are moving targets and shots being fired, you think of ROE and attempt to engage threaten targets.

You ever been in a firefight? You ever been at a scene involving shooters? Things breakdown quick, and it breakdown even further when the shooter is dressed like the victims.

As far as the "Friendly Fire" goes nothing has been confirmed yet, so don’t go pushing that assumption, the military is not equipped to handle investigations, there equipped to handle combat. This is the reason the FBI was brought in.

You also pointed and eluded to the fact this nut jump fired on his own Soldiers because he was frustrated by the war. And it was in no way connected to his religious beliefs, tell me why he shouted out "Allah Akbar" before opening up on those Soldiers? In case you don’t know "Allah Akbar" is said by suicide bombers right before they blow themselves up.

Let me also add this for you, this man Was an ARMY MAJOR, an OFFICER in the UNTIED STATES ARMY, if he was being harassed or threaten he could and would have brought down the Hammer of God on those who were doing that to him. It is so easy to file an EEO complaint and its easy for the person filing the complaint to win. He was a MAJOR; MAJORS are DEMi-GODS in the army. You don’t harass a MAJOR, the way you could a Private or even A sergeant. This is a pitiful attempt to cover up or condone what that Terrorist Assclown did.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

The psychiatrist once said that "Muslims should stand up and fight against the aggressor" and that the United States shouldn't be fighting the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan in the first place

This is anti-american foreign policy sentiment
not religious extremism

Denial....
Come on Modern. Then why the hell would he say "Muslims should stand up and fight against the aggressor" Why not the oppressed or the poor or the disenfranchised?

You can't possibly try to spin that. Hell you just squashed it.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I'm not quite convinced that this isn't a False Flag.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I knew someone would point it out that way
The guy was counseling soldiers dude

he tried to leave they knew he was somewhat unstable
they completely ignored it

and by aggressor he is reffering to foreign occupation
it's that simple

you interpreted it how you wanted to interpret it

Let me ask you this
do you think there would be such terroism if... I don't know
if maybe the U.S. didn't have over 800 bases in over 130 countries?
Massive embassies with so much influence over a country

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by justinsweatt

THIS IS NOT A FALSE FLAG, SOLDIERS SNAP AND KILL THERE OWN, FRAGGING WAS A COMMON OCCURANCE IN VIETNAM.

This Jerk diddnt want to go to War, he was a fooking doctor he would have been on a base helping COMBAT SOLDIERS get through ISSUES. HE WOULD HAVE NOT FIRED HIS GUN ONCE, HELL HE WOULDNT HAVE EVEN LEFT THE BASE. HE IS AN ARMY MAJOR, A MAJOR. During the begining of the Iraq war another nut Job named "Handgrenade" Akbar threw grenades into a tent of Officers, this # goes down quite often. Akbar did it because he diddnt want to kill other Muslims. If you are Muslim in the US army, you know we will be killing other Muslims for the next few years, get the FOOK OUT if you do not like that idea or join there side.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I wonder how long he has been in the army. I also wonder how long has he wanted to get out of the army and when did he first request to be able to resign. I know we are at war and that can determine whether or not a needed officer is allowed to resign. From news sound bites, he apparantly wasn't doing a good job at his previous station, so why wasn't he allowed to quit the army? I've known many officers who decided, after their 6 years of initial service was over, requested to leave the army and it was no problem. Go on about your way. You've fullfilled your duty.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Quite right. My brother is a dentist and Major in the army and he is currently in Iraq. He hasn't been outside the 3 walls that surround his base since his arrival. And he has no need to go outside the triple wall, and even if he wanted to "go sightseeing", he would not be allowed to even exit the first interior gate. His job is to provide dental treatment to soldiers, civilian contractors, prisoners and sometimes local residents as a offer of goodwill Thers is no need for him to be exposed to unnecessary dangers and being placed into a situation where he might need to try to kill someone.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
reply to post by SLAYER69

I knew someone would point it out that way
The guy was counseling soldiers dude

What does him being a counselor have to do with the price of eggs in China?
Nothing.

I pointed it out because you proved your own statement to be false.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Holy SHit, you know nothing of the Military and the way it works. This Major was not unstable, he did not want to deploy, for the past 8 years the military has been at war, If he wanted to get out he could have got out, he could have resigned his commission, became a consensus objector, and here is the Kicker, he could have not RE-ENLISTED. 8 FRIGGIN YEARS He Re-enlisted at LEAST one DAMN TIME. At least ONCE. But no he stayed in, and when he Finally came down on orders to deploy (because he hasn’t deployed yet) He goes postal? That’s bogus and you know it, you want to spin this and make it look like AMERICAS Fault.

We are not the occupier in Afghan we were attacked by Bin Laden’s group and the Taliban did not give him up to us, Of course we are going to attack. And here is another news flash for you because you are so smart, America isnt the only nation with bases around the world. G.B has troops stationed here, France, china, Germany, Russia, they all have bases all over the world. And every nation has their own SOLDIERS at their embassy worldwide guarding them, So come correct when you step to me or my country.

Muslim Fanatical’s are just that, It doesn’t matter if it was the US or someone else terrorist would still be out there.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by poedxsoldiervet]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
I wonder how long he has been in the army.

Looks he was what is termed as a lifer. Major Nidal Malik Hasan joined the army immediately after high school.
--------------------------

Now they are speculating he was wacked out on drugs.

Nidal Malik Hasan: His own patient?

Nidal Malik Hasan, the army major responsible for slaughtering 13 unarmed people, and wounding another 31 on Thursday the 5th of November at Fort Hood military base in Killeen, TX, may have been treating himself with psychotropic medications.

Is it possible Nidal Hasan was on medication to cope with the troubled feelings, and thoughts he was having in relation to the patients he was seeing at Walter Reed? Dr. Geiger could have placed the major on some type of psychotropic drugs, such as antidepressants, at the time. Major Hasan could also have been taking medication on his own accord, being a doctor, and psychiatrist, it wouldn't be that difficult to obtain the drugs. If the Major was taking any of the medications with warnings of increased risk of suicide attached to their use, could this have pushed him over the edge as well?

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by Regenmacher]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
and by aggressor he is reffering to foreign occupation
it's that simple

you interpreted it how you wanted to interpret it

OK...

Modern I'll give you this one last input of mine.

The last I've heard was that he is still alive. We will hear soon enough from his own mouth what the deal was.

At that point I won't have to interpret anything neither will you.

Fair enough?

Fort Hood Shooter Was to Serve in Afghanistan

The suspect, Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, was in stable condition Friday as investigators interviewed witnesses and tried to piece together details of one of the worst incidents of soldier-on-soldier violence in U.S. history.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Contrary to some people's beliefs, you don't always carry a weapon and ammunition 24-7 on base. We were not even allowed to keep our personal weapons in our barracks. Even if you were carrying a weapon, who do you shoot? Again contrary to popular opinion around here, soldiers are trained to hold their fire until they identify their target. In this situation there was no clearly identifiable enemy. Who was the shooter and who were the people trying to stop the shooter?

In 1944 the Germans sent English speaking troops dressed in American uniforms behind US lines during the Battle of the Bulge. Their mission was to capture certain objectives and to create confusion. It worked.

I have heard reports that the FBI was aware of this guy. You have to wonder if this could have been prevented if it wasn't for political correctness? I mean if it walks like a duck, swims like a duck, quacks like a duck, has feathers, webbed feet and a bill, it just might be a DUCK!

One last thing.

Think about this. This was a fairly minor event in the grand scheme of things. I mean no disrespect to the people involved. It was localized, contained and over with in a fairly short period of time.

Did everybody notice how many conflicting media reports there was? One shooter, two shooters, three shooters, one shooter dead, one in custody, one still running around. I must have heard twenty different casualty numbers. In one report I heard CNN referring to a Fox report that referred to the Associated Press. It was total confusion, nobody had any idea what was going on, but, the media had air time to fill. Anything was fair game, no matter how stupid it might be.

Now compare this to 9-11. Three main locations, seperated by hundreds of miles, cities evacuating and thousands dead and injured. Take the media confusion at Ft. Hood and multiply it by a factor of 1000. Is it any wonder that there are so many conflicting news stories and reports. Then you take a group that has the time to pick apart every story and report, looking for inconsistancies that look like they support their aganda.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by JIMC5499]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Fort Hood Shooter Was to Serve in Afghanistan

The suspect, Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, was in stable condition Friday as investigators interviewed witnesses and tried to piece together details of one of the worst incidents of soldier-on-soldier violence in U.S. history.

SLAYER69,

I'm commenting on the WSJ article that you have in your post, not your post.

I resent the Wall Street Journal referring to this as "one of the worst incidents of soldier-on-soldier violence in U.S. history". This was a terrorist attack, plain and simple. This wasn't a "man made disaster" no matter what that bimbo Pelosi and her sidekick Reid want us to believe. This guy didn't suddenly snap and decide to start shooting. It is my understanding that he gave away his "worldly possesions" and prepared for the "afterlife". All of this talk about him not wanting to go on deployment or to kill other Muslims is just bullsh*t. If he didn't want to go, all he had to do was to resign from the Army. This isn't the same as some E-2 or E-3 changing his mind and discovering that he is locked into a contract. When you reach the rank of Major, you can resign pretty much at will.

This guy was on a jihad plain and simple. He is as much a terrorist as the guy who drove the truck into the Marine barracks in Lebanon in the 80's or the guy who blows himself up at a market place in Pakistan. Let's stop the PC crap and recognize this for what it is. CAIR can piss off too.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Aww you miss-spoke now you most go to the corner and pray to Barak and ask for his forgiveness, all while say the pelosi-rairy.

You are exactly right, this was a terrorist incedent, in the Army one of the tall tell signs (they beat this in the suicide awareness training) is you give away your possessions. This guy had planned to do this, his family is saying he was so anti-violent and a good American. What type of anti-violence person keeps 2 handguns with hundreds of rounds of Ammo? Then goes out and Kills his Soldiers? All the while saying Muslims most rise up and defeat the occupiers and praising suicide bombers. I am actually quite surprised this Ass didn’t blow himself up

[edit on 6-11-2009 by poedxsoldiervet]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I am appalled by this recent act by a senior officer, regardless of his religious convictions. Who really gives a darn who he knelt down and prayed to, that is beside the fact. He is just a plain old murderer. Everyone is so quick to jump on the bandwagon regarding his religious convictions. This is just another instance, the media, can twist and turn a sudden act of violence and murder into talking points and foster the chilling affect toward Muslims in America. This is just one man's homicidal lunacy.

In my humble opinion, I think this officer is suffering from having a yellow- belly and nothing to do with the politics of the war. In another time, if he refused to deploy with his unit as a disobedient soldier, one could be put before the firing squad for such an offense. However, that was another time, I don't mean to sound callous in my remarks, but that is how it used to be.

This man is despicable, and thank God or Allah, to some, that he is alive to face justice. He is a scourge to his religion and the United States Army. He is nothing more than a yellow-belly coward, murderer. When, has there ever been levels of murder, murder is murder, regardless of the ins and outs of the crime? May justice be swift and imposing!

[edit on 6-11-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervetHoly SHit, you know nothing of the Military and the way it works. This Major was not unstable, he did not want to deploy, for the past 8 years the military has been at war, If he wanted to get out he could have got out, he could have resigned his commission, became a consensus objector, and here is the Kicker, he could have not RE-ENLISTED. 8 FRIGGIN YEARS He Re-enlisted at LEAST one DAMN TIME. At least ONCE.
PO'd, no offense here man, but you might want to read up a little about how officers' commissions work, especially non "line" officers such as those in the medical corps.

An officer's commission is generally a four year comm based on their schooling, however, if an "O" goes to advanced schooling like medical or law school, he or she is assigned extra years of service. And while yes, you can "resign" your commission, all that does is strip you of being an officer. You still owe the time in service commitment. So, that really doesn't get you out... if your ordered to overseas service... in my experience, 100% of the time, you're going.

But no he stayed in, and when he Finally came down on orders to deploy (because he hasn’t deployed yet) He goes postal? That’s bogus and you know it, you want to spin this and make it look like AMERICAS Fault.
I agree, there's no way is this America's fault. That's ludicrous and anyone who would blame us for this senseless and cowardly attack should be ashamed

We are not the occupier in Afghan we were attacked by Bin Laden’s group and the Taliban did not give him up to us, Of course we are going to attack.
Generally, that flies for me, but at this point 8 years on, you must admit, it's starting to appear more like an occupation. But that's got noting to do with the Ft Hood shootings in my opinion.

And here is another news flash for you because you are so smart, America isnt the only nation with bases around the world. G.B has troops stationed here, France, china, Germany, Russia, they all have bases all over the world. And every nation has their own SOLDIERS at their embassy worldwide guarding them, So come correct when you step to me or my country.
Again, that's correct, but what's the relevance to Fort Hood. And come on, really??? "Come correct when you step to me" ??? What, are you Snoop Izzle Fo Shizzle now??? I expect more out of you man... I've read your post and your brighter than that.

Muslim Fanatical’s are just that, It doesn’t matter if it was the US or someone else terrorist would still be out there.
Now, that's on point, but I tend to disagree. I think this guy was a lowlife who had issues most of his adult life. He was conflicted: an American but a Arab, a Soldier, but a shrink. Most head doc's that I know are the craziest sumbitches I've ever met. They just typically hide it better because they can analyze their own crazy.

Anyway, there's no excuse for his attack, but sometimes people just snap... and yeah... it appears some Muslims snap more often or more violently than the rest of us... but I really think that's the media portrayal.

If we lived in N.Ireland in the early 80's it would be the Catholic extremist we'd be talking about. I'm Irish American and proud as hell of it, but there's enough crazy to go round without blaming and entire religion (or race for that matter) for the acts of an individual, no matter how heinous that individual's acts may be. That's just my opinion.

-Peace
AAH

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
To all these people that are "crying" that the Army wouldn't let him out.... IT IS A LOAD OF BS! This guy was in like 20 years and had ample opportunity to leave long before this.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
If he wanted out so badly, then why didnt he just do some drugs and go Awol for a couple weeks? I mean, it REALLY isnt that hard to get out of the military ifyou really wanted to. The most that they would have given him was a BCD(in case some of you dont know what a BCD is, its a BadConductDischarge). More than likely they would have given him a OTH discharge(OtherThanHonorable). Niether of the two are considered dishonorable. If he REALLY wantedout, hewould have gotten out, ESPECIALLY being a Major. The attorney would have asked him "so, do you want to stay in the military?". He could have said no, and been on his way.

Instead, he chose to go this route. I personally believe(me being ex military) that he didnt want out, that he more than likely was working for someone else, or he is just a religious nutjob. Probably both.

Edit-

[edit on 6-11-2009 by Common Good]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join