It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lock down at Fort Hood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
www.myfoxny.com...

7 dead.

Developing

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
"KILLEEN, Texas - Officials at the Fort Hood Army Base in Killeen say seven people are dead and at least 12 are wounded in a mass shooting on the Fort property.

The attack apparently happened at the Soldier Readiness Center.

Army personnel say they are not certain whether the victims are civilians or military personnel.

The Fort Hood public affairs spokesman said the Army is setting up a special operations center to handle the response."

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

KILLEEN, Texas - Officials at the Fort Hood Army Base in Killeen say seven people are dead and at least 12 are wounded in a mass shooting on the Fort property.

WATCH LIVE COVERAGE NOW

The attack apparently happened at the Soldier Readiness Center.

Army personnel say they are not certain whether the victims are civilians or military personnel.

The Fort Hood public affairs spokesman said the Army is setting up a special operations center to handle the response.

Source

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Update 2:22 Fort Hood reports 7 people are dead 12 are wounded and one person is in custody.

Update 2:17 Temple ISD Schools Have Been locked down as part of this incident. The district's spokeswoman tells News Channel 25 Temple Police are placing officers at each TISD campus. The schools will dismiss as usual.

www.kxxv.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

At least seven people are dead and 12 wounded in a shooting at Fort Hood in Texas, the base's public affairs office told NBC News on Thursday.

The official would not give his name nor additional details. It was unknown whether victims are soldiers or civilians. One gunman was reportedly in custody and another was on the loose, NBC News said.

NBC affiliate KCEN in Waco reported that the second suspect may be holed up in a building on the post.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

It said one gunman was in custody and another was on the loose. It added the two suspects were in military uniform.

7 killed, 12 wounded in Texas shooting: report

-E-

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Not wanting to break their anonymity...

We do have a fairly active ATS member who is associated with Hood. It'll be interesting to hear his perspective on this when he logs on next.

Stay tuned.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
www.myfoxdfw.com...

Live link

edit: I think.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by leo123]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
They are saying three shooters in fatigues. I believe they have one of the three.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
20 wounded 7 dead.

3 shooters, 1 caught, 1 running, 1 surrounded

my heart to their families

edit: 30 shot now and 2 caught 1 somewhere (?)

now theres only 2 shooters? wtf is going on there

[edit on 11/5/2009 by mahtoosacks]

"HORROR IN THE HEART OF TEXAS", fox news correspondent

9 now dead

12 now ... how many more will die before they get this guy.

last i counted the odds were 11,000 to 1... cant they just kill this guy already?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
My sympathies to those affected. I hope this isn't another case of a military member (or members) cracking under stress.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
7 dead, 30 wounded now... ongoing..

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I work in Dallas (at work now). My coworker just came in and told me about this. I searched ATS and found it here. This is pretty crazy. You don't see mass shootings on military bases very often. My first thought was "revolt" but after reading the story I'm not convinced. Probably just some loony.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I just want to know who is dumb enough to attack a military base??

could it possibly be a distraction for something?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
9 dead, 30 wounded.... if there is 3 people, it may have been an organized attack.. which would be crazy and could spell trouble for us all...

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
9 dead, 30 wounded.... if there is 3 people, it may have been an organized attack.. which would be crazy and could spell trouble for us all...

i hope you are wrong, and all that it leads to is every military base requiring id to enter.

this couldnt lead to gun control could it?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mahtoosacks

Originally posted by TheCoffinman

i hope you are wrong, and all that it leads to is every military base requiring id to enter.

this couldnt lead to gun control could it?

could be a false flag op... yuck

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
12 dead, 31 wounded, all the gunmen are US soldiers, at least 1 of the gunmen is dead...

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

top topics

join