It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can this be true? (UK/US torture reliance in Uzbekistan)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

"I'm talking of people being raped with broken bottles," he said at a lecture late last month that was re-broadcast by the Real News Network. "I'm talking of people having their children tortured in front of them until they sign a confession. I'm talking of people being boiled alive. And the intelligence from these torture sessions was being received by the CIA, and was being passed on."

Link.

If what he says is true, I'm speechless...

[edit on 5-11-2009 by loam]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
It is sad, but this is not the only place where people are tortured and forced to give bogus confessions, in a desire to appease the American empire. The current administration continues not only to protect Cheney and his henchmen from prosecution, but also continues to arrest people without filing charges, bringing them to secret facilities and allowing them to be tortured. In fact the practice started under Bill Clinton.

You don't have to go to Abu Ghraib or Guantanamo Bay.

Here it is done in Pakistan:
www.salon.com...
Here in Egypt:
www.salon.com...
globalresearch.ca...

The School of the Americas located in Georgia, has taught generations of tyrants, technocrats and bullies from Latin American countries how to torture prisoners and break resistance.
therealnews.com...

Here a shocking movie, about what else is done in the name of the "civilized world".
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Disgusting what some poeple do these days, but thats nothing, seriously theres alot worse, things that would make the hair on the back of your neck stand up from just hearing about it

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I just read this story and was going to make a thread but search saved the day. Good find OP - S&F.

I don't even know what to say about this, it makes me ill to imagine what these people went through.

I'm wondering now, what are Americans going to do about this? Because what happens regarding this is going to form the basis of how I and others view America in the world today. More specifically, if Americans want to whine and moan some more about "death panels", flag pins and ridiculous school sing alongs, rather than trying to stop broken bottles from being inserted into the rectums of innocent people.

Honestly my hopes aren't high, I expect this to be a footnote on American news as they cut to some "scandal" involving what Obama ate for lunch or how homosexuals are trying to sway their children's sexuality in kindergarten, but I could be surprised...

Get your priorities straight America. Hold Obama accountable as well as the CIA and those who back their actions abroad.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
What are Americans going to do about this? LMAO! Absolutely nothing! Americans can't do anything because for the most part they DON'T CARE! Americans are too busy stuffing their face with fast food, shopping, texting, spoiling their children, twittering/facebooking, and watching sports to really care about what their government and country does behind closed doors. Sure there are a few patriots that will denounce our government and these travesties. But usually they are sidelined and labeled conspiracy theorists.
Hell we as Americans can't even stop our government from stealing our hard earned money and to bail out WallStreet and fight useless wars. You think we have any power to stop torture abroad. LOL.

The UK is even worse. My god talk about a corrupt and evil country. The British are the worst when it comes to imperialism. Hell the middle east is a mess because of that small little crap hole of an island's meddling, plundering, and pillaging. I mean are people that naive to think a small tiny tit little island of ~60 million people rose up and became one of the richest most powerful countries in the world because they play by the rules and are so much smarter and harder working than everyone else in the world? LMAO! Yeah right! The British have been involved in some of the most horrific and corrupt goings on in the world. But what do you expect from a bunch of people who still worship a Queen and Royal family. America should have severed ties with the Israel and Britain A LONG TIME AGO!

[edit on 5-11-2009 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

I don't expect Americans to go there and fight the CIA hand to hand. You do something about it by making it common knowledge first of all. Get the mainstream news networks to cover it by making it known that you want to know about it.

Instead of having those terribly misguided "tea parties", why not protest something real, like people being boiled alive and the torture of children?

When election time comes again, don't vote for anyone not willing to make the changes necessary, under any circumstances. It doesn't matter what party they are or what party you back, vote for the one whom isn't willing to commit war crimes.

There's so many things the public can do to put pressure on a government body, it's BS that American's are so helpless in the matter. Sitting on your hands and doing nothing, is the same as picking up a broken bottle and joining in on the action, period.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

Dude you don't have a clue about American society do you? Just look at the Yankee fanfare. Our country is brainwashed. Most Americans DON'T CARE! I know it sounds terrible but its the truth. I voted for Ron Paul. I am a minority. Here's what you have to understand about American culture.......it's a culture of winners and losers. If you don't cheer on the "winning" team you're an outcast. European and international societies are very different..........structured very differently. Go to any major university and college campus. You want to know what the two biggest groups of people are on campus? GREEKS AND SPORTS! It's definitely not GreenPeace! LOL. America is one big fraternity.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It really is outsourcing torturing. If legistlation forbids the torture, then do it elsewhere, where there is no such legistlation. Yeah, do the torture where it is not illegal as long as it's not within borders of your civilized society. Talk about hypocrisy.

I am not saying that this is necessarily the case. But quite likely nevertheless.

-v

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

Of cause this is outsourcing of torture. No need to be cautious or polite. The next outsourcing step will be to give the local oversight from government agents to private contractors like Xe. Than any government involvment can be denied even if caught and confronted.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I hope there is a special place reserved in hell for people willing to torture children.

Makes me sick to my stomach.

top topics

join