It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality is a Dream.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Reality is a dream. There, I said it. You understand what I mean. Think about this moment you are having right now. And now, think about a dream. What is the relationship between this moment right now, and a dream you have had.

Is there a relationship? Well. Is there?

What is the relationship between reality and a dream? Is that a question you can answer? Are you qualified to even answer such a question?

Seriously, what is reality, and what is a dream? Are they one and the same? Or are they different?

These are the questions you must answer. These are the moments of which you, as a conscious dreamer comes to know yourself.

What is it... to know yourself? To know the dreamer, and the dream?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Military and Government Projects?

I have always had this thought that everything is opposite. That when we 'dream', could that possibly be reality? And could our perceived 'reality' really be that of a lucid dream.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scooby Doo

Military and Government Projects?

I have always had this thought that everything is opposite. That when we 'dream', could that possibly be reality? And could our perceived 'reality' really be that of a lucid dream.

Is Military and Government Projects and inappropriate place to post this thread?

A lot of really intelligent and sentient beings walk through such realms of reality.

Precognitive dreams. What do you know about them?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I propose a reality experiment. Let us take a trip to the desert, you and I. Death Valley should do. It's the hottest and driest place in the U.S.

Early some summer morning, allow me to stake you to the desert floor.

How long will your illusion that your current reality is only a dream last?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Deserts, no deserts...

Does it matter. I existed. Killing me won't change the message. It simply will live on etching it's way in your consciousness until you finally know the answer.

I am the desert.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Dreams. Are you so illiterate, so ignorant that you know nothing of them?

Dreams... you have them when you sleep. You have them when you are awake. There are as much a part of you as... you are a part of them.

Yet here I stand, in a Universe of dreamers, on some lowly [censored] whole of a planet they try to ... tell me is called "Earth".

Earth...

The home of homo sapiens. I can relate. I've been human too.

I know what it's like for a human to be consciousness, to be a dreamer. It's not something I am ashamed about. I'm very open about the dream. As should you be. If you truly understood them.

Apparently, you do not.

But that's ok. Not every dreamer, realizes their own dream.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
Deserts, no deserts...

Does it matter. I existed. Killing me won't change the message. It simply will live on etching it's way in your consciousness until you finally know the answer.

I am the desert.

Yes, it matters. I'm not interested in your demise. What I would like to know is how will you respond to the situation I propose.

You can't move. The sun is baking your skin. Your tongue begins to swell in your mouth. Will your thoughts center on what an unpleasant dream this is?

Of course not. Your philosophy will change rather quickly as you realize that your "dream" is about to end slowly and painfully and there is nothing - not one thing - you can do to alter your reality. NOW you understand reality.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schlotzkins

Deserts, no deserts...

I am the desert.

Yes, it matters. I'm not interested in your demise. What I would like to know is how will you respond to the situation I propose.

You can't move. The sun is baking your skin. Your tongue begins to swell in your mouth. Will your thoughts center on what an unpleasant dream this is?

Of course not. Your philosophy will change rather quickly as you realize that your "dream" is about to end slowly and painfully and there is nothing - not one thing - you can do to alter your reality. NOW you understand reality.

Do you know what it is like to die? Is this what we are selling, some affidavit of death?

I am shaking in my boots. I know death. It is a rotten apple, that scolds you in a very personal way. You know when you die my friend. You know when it's death.

But right now, it's reality. Or at least, you think it's reality. But it's still death. It's still life. It's still a dream.

Why... because it's still you.

Even if you do not recognize it. But that's because the "self" is reality, and we often substitute something else.

I know death, just as much as I know living. But more importantly my friend...

I know dreaming.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
It's a big internet.

But it's a bigger dream!

[ edited in case you take life too seriously ]

Forget about me. This thread is all about you.

I am just a fractal abstraction flickering through your massive cognitive abilities to perceive reality.

This is not a thread about me. It is a thread about you.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by YouAreDreaming]

Ok... I edited this thread again, because it's below top secret. I waited so long just to talk to all of you who read below top secret threads.

Here I was, hanging out in the above top secret society when all of a sudden, I was declassified into below top secret.

You are dreaming.

Figure it out.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by YouAreDreaming]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Not fair, you aren't playing the game. I'm not talking of death. And neither am I of the opinion that the sum total of a person's physical experiences is equal to that person's reality. I know without doubt there is more to life than that.

But why won't you do the experiment, I propose - in your mind of course - and tell me the truth.

I have an opinion of those who believe one makes one's own reality, or reality is an illusion or a dream. I believe they are disconnected from suffering. Either they haven't experienced it personally to any significant degree, or they lack empathy for those who are suffering.

Look into the eyes of a mother of three starving children in Ethiopia and assure her that she is merely dreaming. Millions are starving there. Are you aware?

The Republic of Congo has a per capita income of about $300. Surely those poor souls would like to know their suffering is merely a product of their imaginations.

Entire villages in Darfur disappear. We need to wake from our dream and take responsibility. All of us.

After this life our reality shifts, yes. But this is real, now, here.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schlotzkins
After this life our reality shifts, yes. But this is real, now, here.

And you are right. This is real. It is now. It is here.

I am not patronizing you when I talk about dreaming.

Either you dream, or you don't.

You remember or you don't.

That is you.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
My dog dreams. Her legs move like she's running while she's sound asleep; but I know she's grounded in reality.

Reality is what you make of it.

A person can spend their life fooling themselves into thinking that they don't belong, or they've moved above the fray, or that they're on a different plane...but they aren't...they're here with the rest of us...but it's so easy to fool yourself into thinking that your special...and you are...just not in the way you think.

Best of luck to you.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by bowlbyville]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Reality is a dream.

Reality is a hologram, in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by bowlbyville
Reality is what you make of it.
[edit on 5-11-2009 by bowlbyville]

Reality is you.

When I came to the realization that this moment right now is a dream. It was a very long time ago. What I can tell you about it, is that it makes more sense when you try to understand "reality" as a whole, rather then just a moment in the "now" when everything is compressed into a linear focus.

There had been a lot of clues along the way, and the first age that I knew it and understood it deeply was when I was 2 years old. However, as what seems natural and true often fades with the adoption of belief, and for the most part.

Belief becomes your reality. It's never as sweet as truth, and never answers all the tough questions but it serves it's purpose in shaping the conscious mold you become.

As I grew, I became more locked into the current frame of ideological thinking that this is a physical world, and that everything is made up of molecules and atoms. There is a sun by which the Earth orbits, a moon of which orbits the Earth. A Universe with stars. All of that, I don't deny.

However, the nature of Reality comes with perception. What we perceive is what we experience as the definitive "Reality". Dreams are very much a part of the definitive "Reality". We have them always, they are an extension of our reality.

What I would remember through dreaming was one fundamental truth.

Some dreams come true.

When I was 15 years old, I started to experience a wave of precognitive dreams that would forever shape the understanding of the relationship between dreams and reality.

In a way, enough to say that this reality with full, undeniable confidence... is a dream.

That even if you do not realize it, and are completely oblivious to it... this reality is a type of dream.

The journey into this realization took me 10 years of exploring the relationship through dreaming. My research ended in 1998 when I fully satisfied my questions with answers by changing dreams before they came true, and observed the changes happen here.

I know this is a dream. I've known it my whole life. Knowing it is far tastier then believing it.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
...........just want to say hello.............

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Ahhh to Dream...

William Shakespeare - (from Hamlet 3/1)

To be, or not to be: that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep;
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to, 'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep;
To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub;

Ever Dream This Man?

You can see life as all dream... You can also see it as all reality. Dreams and Reality may differ, but part of the same whole. The hand can not say that because it is not a foot it is not a part of the body, neither can the foot say that because it is not a hand it is not a part of the body. We are living one life with many parts and pieces that make up a whole.

Do you want to take the red pill or the blue pill?

Somebody Pinch me!!!

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sagestranger

I'll take both.

To me, a thread like this is internet gold. Not because I wrote it, but because it has a substance to it that I like. Reality and dreaming are bound to each other like you said, all different parts of the same whole.

In the last few days, I have been very keen on this whole relationship. It's not a far reaching realization to see the dream what we call reality. It is simply perception and awareness of oneself that will merrit the revelation of this obvious fact.

When we talk about dreams, we may as well talk about any science, religion or politics as everyone can adhere their own beliefs, ideologies and half-truths to what they are. How to clarify the context of a dream which is this reality, and a dream which is another reality all together becomes part of the bigger picture.

Precognitive dreams are the fundamental bridge to seeing clearly, with your own eyes, not mine. How closely related reality is to a dream.

If you can get to the precognitive dreams that bubble up, often feeling like Deja Vu, but you remember the dream. Then you are on a first hand level in this bridge I am talking about, and quite capable on your own time to walk across it to see the very simple truth that dreams and reality are one and the same.

Even if you only have one memory of a precognitive dream, may it fuel the fire to search within for more answers as too why and how before you simply toss it aside for some meaningless coincedence and trample along in ignorance of the reality that it was showing you.

The fact is, if you haven't had at least one precognitive dream by now. That is go to sleep, have a dream. Wake up and partly remember it. Days, Weeks, Months pass and suddenly you are experiencing a Deja Vu like moment that you swear you may have dreamt, but can't quite remember.

Then you probably are too far deep in the thick for a thread like this to do you much good. However if you have had them. Then a thread like this simply lays it on the line.

What is the relationship to a dream that one day later comes true?

What is the dream to one who dreams it? What is the dreamer?

Are you dreaming right now?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I've been giving this topic more thought and have had furthered some of my realizations as to how the Dream has masked itself as Reality.

The first observation is how we are caught in the final production without remembering the planning and forethought [Dream] that went into it. Like Neo in the Matrix, we are unaware of what the Matrix is. We call it "Reality" and define it based on materialism which substantiates a long standing belief system that we are physical beings.

The crack in our Matrix is the obvious déjà vu we have, that comes in the form of a precognitive dream. Neo saw this as a glitch in his Matrix, and we often just ignore this glitch in ours as something we may have eaten or just a coincidence. Nothing can be further from the truth, the déjà vu is our glitch in our Matrix, it is the crack that opened up to show us something more.

Imagine being in a very heavily program and well tested computer simulated virtual reality whereby the entire reality system is engineered to be exactly as you experience. Except, in order to experience you must forget everything you know about it being a virtual reality. Then when you are in the simulation, you create all sorts of system based logic and thoughts about the system, and not the technology generating the system.

We need to look at the technology behind reality to really see what is going on, otherwise all the information we derive is strictly simulation orientated thought, and not coherent of the inner workings of the system itself.

This reality is a virtual reality system. It is digital in nature, and all we are looking at here is the final rendered product. There is a physicist named Dr. Thomas Campbell who worked at the Monroe Institute, Nasa and the Department of Defence. He authored a trilogy called, “My Big Toe” which covers the nature of this reality as a virtual reality system. Well worth the read.

You are in a Matrix, a holographic simulated “Reality”. Now let me share based on my observations as to how we all got stuck in this mess in the first place. The first challenge I have is to establish a link between you, the dream and reality as all having a relationship with each other.

Think of it like a cell in your body. It is a part of you, and because you are attached to it and envelop it, you are also a part of it. You are composed of many parts, and it is easy to see the unification of atomic, molecular and cellular units within your biology because we are materialistic thinkers and having the obvious tangible ability to accept that we have this kind of oneness with our physiology. You can argue that the cell is separate from you and not a part of you all you wish, but the reality you are both co-dependant on each other for the nature of your existence.

Take this analogy and apply it to reality. You are a part of reality, and like the cell, reality is a part of you. It also applies to a dream. You are a part of a dream, and it is a part of you. There is an immediate unification and relationship between you and everything else around you. Even if you do not have the eyes to see it, this unification, this relationship is vital to understanding a much larger system of reality beyond the materialistic view you have while locked in this simulated reality.

Take the golden egg… precognitive dreams. I know some of you have them and should by now be seriously considering what they mean, why they happened in the first place and what role they are playing in the nature of your reality. Like the cell analogy, a precognitive dream is a part of reality just as reality is a part of a precognitive dream. There is a definitive relationship between the two. They are co-dependant on each other, just as you are co-dependant with them.

If you have not had a precognitive dream, I realize that this argument and theory fails you. I suggest googling precognitive dreams and doing as much research on them as your little heart can bear. At least to be well informed and aware that this phenomena is more wide spread then this thread and the nature of it is well documented thought our literature, religions and history. This is not new information here, either you are aware of it, or you are not. It’s really that black and white.

There is a phenomena we have, and we call it consciousness. Our understanding of it is not as definitive as it could be, as consciousness is a property of the “self” and can exist and co-inhabit other reality systems independent of this one. The evidence is of course when you Dream.

Dreams are for the most part another form of “Virtual Reality Simulation”. If you don’t realize this, it’s time you do. Dreams are a reality. Even if the only person in the Universe perceiving the dream is you, the fact of the matter is. That dream you just had was another virtual reality simulation that you experienced. We often throw the baby out with the bath water and most people could care less that they even had a dream at all. Why should they, we are for the most part totally dream illiterate down here in this larger dream that we often mistake for physical reality.

Why have a dream in the first place? Aren’t they just random, silly and meaningless hallucinations? Who cares, pointless, useless… not paying my bills so what. If dreams are creating this reality… and they are. Shouldn’t we take a more vested interest in them? Probably, but we don’t because we may not have that information clearly locked in our waking consciousness. We are still too drugged up on the life experience to see clearly. The haze of physicality has us lost in the materialism and the meaning for now is meaningless.

I was like some of you when I first started. Don’t get me wrong, it took a long, long time to see this relationship between the dream and reality. And even now, it is extremely difficult to maintain that focus, that knowing and that awareness. This is a system that has the ability to strip us of everything we know. It has the ability to totally disarm our reason and cast us into despair. It is the human experience after all. I can wake up tomorrow and be completely stripped of any of this knowing or turn around and deny it as if it was as crazy and irrational as believing in Santa Clause.

That is a risk, but this system can never change what it truly is. Once a dream, always a dream. Even if today we call it something else. We can throw a more modern and hip metaphor in and call it “Virtual Reality”. One thing it is not, is the only “Reality” that exists. The scope of “Reality” is so vast that even this entire Universe is like a cell in our body, there is so much more out there in what we are as a part of the “Dreaming Universe”.

If this is a dream, and you’ll probably start seeing the next logical question… then who is the dreamer? What is the dreamer? Finally, you are getting to who you are in this equation. You are the dreamer.
The dreamer is one who dreams dreams. The one who creates and organizes the virtual reality simulation in the form of dreams, then casts itself into them for role play, fun and personal growth. You are the creator of your dreams. Therefore, you are the creator of your reality. If you dreams come true, does that mean you are the creator of this “Reality”… oh my… what a revelation that would be if it were true.

Could you handle that truth? Or are you still seeking some false God outside yourself in books, candy jars and in tinsel towns? How well do you really know yourself? Maybe like me, you denied yourself fundamental truths that clarify the existence of the part of you who is capable of creating dreams so amazing that they shape the very foundation of the reality you wake up in.

You are far greater then the reality that you wake up in. You are far greater then the lost moment in the “now”. You are just engaged in a virtual reality simulation of your own design as a part of your desire create and be

[edit on 25-11-2009 by YouAreDreaming]

new topics

top topics

join