It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

Asen, if you make it out of there let us know when you are safe if you're able to. I'd hate to see you try to get out and not hear from you again. Best of luck.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpTiMuS_PrImE
i think the mods should step in this thread it seems somewhat out of control now with some unreliable information and a lot of here say info.. This thread could lead to a lot of un-needed panic from all around, seems people are already in a panic over this and theres just not a lot of bold information confirming either or

People saying theres tanks on the streets wheres the pictures? Show some proof if you state to see these kind of things

[edit on 1-11-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

On the ground initial reports aren't necessarily have all the information you're requesting.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I think all the current virus outbreaks are man made with any "new" virus that the CDC/Who reports on. I really want to know what this virus is.

Ebola is probably the most frightening virus we have to deal with, and it is showing more occurances of outbreaks in the last 10 years then when it was discovered in 1976.

www.cdc.gov...

There is a chart from the CDC showing it's progress. We know from Ebola Reston that Ebola viruses can become air born. At least with Ebola Reston the airborn version isn't deadly to humans as it was to monkeys.

I wonder how man made ebola is, and how weaponized it is. Will we ever see an ebola pandemic? I hope not.

Next is the H5N1 with the 60% mortality rate... which some theorize H1N1 will act as the bridging virus to recombine into a killer airborn H5N1 pandemic... with Baxter and the live H5N1 shots, this could very well have been part of the end game.

What ever it is, what ever the truth is... we are under biological attack. That much is clear. This is WWIII as this war is being fought on many countries in many hospitals across the planet.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Well everone has a opinion but in mine this thread is out of control people are just finding anything they can unreliable or not and posting. Even from the local area theres just not a lot of concrete truth about a plague or anything besides a swine flu outbreak

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Pig flu shifts Ukraine in panic (translated from german)

local TV-stations reported that airplanes and helicopters of the army sprayed the cities Uschgorod and Lwiw with chemicals, in order to kill the virus.

scary article, much more in it

Pig flu panic in Ukraine

Prime Minister Julia Timoschenko tried, nevertheless, to calm the citizens down: It is life-threatening and very dangerous illness, but you should not break out now in panic. The government did rather do too much than too few.

@optimus prime: mainstream enough??? what do you want, to shut the thread down or what?

[edit on 1-11-2009 by euleberlin]

[edit on 1-11-2009 by euleberlin]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

reply to post by dreamseeker

Well everone has a opinion but in mine this thread is out of control people are just finding anything they can unreliable or not and posting. Even from the local area theres just not a lot of concrete truth about a plague or anything besides a swine flu outbreak

Doesn't mean we should shut a thread down. Look at some of the ridiculous threads getting tons of posts without any evidence what so ever. We have two people on ground zero with a media blackout. We need all the info we can get whether or not MSM confirms it doesn't matter at this point, they won't even mention it. Better to be informed about everything and find out later if it's not that important than to be caught unaware.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

can't help but agreeing...
people are reading what they want to read

I'm not panicing yet, but I'm scared... that's why I need accurate information.

On a side note
this one was interesting:

Chief doctor: mass refusal by citizens to be vaccinated partly to blame for A(H1N1) epidemic
Today at 12:05 | Ukrainian News

Chief State Sanitary Doctor Oleksandr Bilovol sees the mass refusal from vaccination as one of the reasons for the epidemic of flu and acute respiratory diseases in Ukraine.

He said this during the conference call meeting chaired by Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko on Saturday.

www.kyivpost.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkross1983
reply to post by asen_y2k

Asen, if you make it out of there let us know when you are safe if you're able to. I'd hate to see you try to get out and not hear from you again. Best of luck.

I will somehow have to reach India, once I do I will surely be back on ATS. If i don't, something is wrong.

Before I head out i will let you all know.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Famous british singer Elton John seriously ill just two weeks after visiting Ukraine!

September 12: Elton John visits Donetsk
www.reuters.com...
September 13: Elton John visits Makeevka
www.finchannel.com...
www.monstersandcritics.com...

November 1: Seriously ill Elton John in hospital, calcels concerts:
www.independent.co.uk...
November 1: Eltoh John suffering from a serious case of influenza, has E.coli infection, diarrhoea:
tvnz.co.nz...

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mkross1983

did i say shut the thread down? NOOO perfect example of this thread taking something out of nothing i said it need to be moderated is all, because its getting ridiculous

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

yes i agree but these people need to be reasonable about the postings their out of control and i cant blame the residence i would also be refusing the vaccinations

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

I completely agree with you on this. I'm just following this thread at the moment because I know that if I go on with comment such as yours I get ridiculed and attacked from it.

Lots of speculation, rumors ..which are turning out to be facts for some. And that's bad.

I just wish everyone thinks twice and checks the sources before they are taking it as a fact.

My sources are giving very different information than those speculations and rumors in this thread, but I have had enough about posting them. I just get blamed from it to be disinfo agent, liar or one with wrong and cocky attitude so I'll skip it from now on.

I'm very near from Ukraine border as well. Not too many hours drive or trip via train and I would be there, so yes ..this touches me as well. I'm very ill myself at the moment as well so who knows, maybe I do have H1N1 though I highly doubt it. If things are this bad like they say they are, it's already here but am not gonna panic just because of pure speculations, rumors or unconfirmed blog writings.

Take care you all and let's hope things really are not that bad.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
To those who want moderation,

Please note:

"This thread is an ATS Big-Thread with 1087 replies, and subject to more strict moderation."

As far as I am familiar, there is no rule stating you must post "concrete truth" on ATS. I for one want to collect all the information possible, because many people myself included may possibly witness the event themselves and thus do not need "proof" or "concrete truth". I agree that some posts appear as false information or "disinfo" but it is there for you to judge and support free speech, or ignore them and turn to more reliable information.

As a somewhat constructive advise, I recommend skipping out posts with no stars as I've noticed posts with plenty of sources receive the most stars. To support this please star posts which you consider reliable and close to truth and avoid starring those without source.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by SassyCat]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Luppakorva

speculation and ridicule im not afraid of i say bring it half of these post needs to be challenged so dont be afraid to speak out

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Luppakorva

well, I for one wish you continued posting the information you have from the ground... and ignored what people said to you earlier today.
Those comments you got came from a user who registered on ATS yesterday, dont let that stop you pls

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

reply to post by mkross1983

did i say shut the thread down? NOOO perfect example of this thread taking something out of nothing i said it need to be moderated is all, because its getting ridiculous

Excuse me. Have mods come in and demand proof where they never do that all the other ridiculous threads about alien factories and such. No offense Optimus.

link   
reply to post by SassyCat

the fact is there is a lot of crap, some people are posting anything they can find wether it be 3 years old and posting it like it was just released from the local Ukraine media thats my means for moderation

link   
Rumors of 14 dead from pneumonic plague in Odessa:
forum.od.ua...

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ahemot

Don´t want to be nitpicky, but that are 6 weeks.

@ ALL, Look here, big austrian newspaper talking about possible pneumonia plague:
derstandard.at...
translated
1st sentence:

Under the 48 dead ones by breath way illnesses apart from pig flu also lung plague victims are feared - Timoschenko guessed/advised to tinkering protective masks

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

reply to post by SassyCat

the fact is there is a lot of crap, some people are posting anything they can find wether it be 3 years old and posting it like it was just released from the local Ukraine media thats my means for moderation

I agree optimus, there is a lot of crap. However, this is all we have especially in the West at the moment, so I for one am very grateful for any information posted on these boards. I think I am intelligent enough to sort the wheat from the chaff!

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join