It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine a timeline

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine, a timeline

www.globalresearch.ca...

In December, 1947, the Palestinian population numbered 1.3 million of which one million lived in the territory of the future Jewish state. The Jewish minority stood at 600,000. Zionist leaders needed a way to dispose of this large number of people "cleansing" the land for Jewish habitation only. They weren't planning to do it gently. Instead it became a systematic campaign of state-sponsored terror against a near-defenseless population unable to withstand the horrific onslaught unleashed against it step by step. It included threats and intimidation, villages attacked including while its inhabitants slept, shooting anything that moved, and blowing up homes with their residents inside plus other violent acts sparing no one, especially fighting-age men and boys who might pose a combat or determined resistance threat.

Now before everyone jumps aboard the 'your an anti-semite' train, I would like you to read the whole page which I have provided in the link.

People have time and time again on here point blank denied such events ever unfolded, and some people instantly run to the defense of Israel, and people who are jewish, I am not directly attacking anyone who is jewish I am posting this in order to help differentiate the difference between zionists and people who are jewish.

There are plenty of jewish people out there who know this and do not like zionism, and this is the story of how and why.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
What about all the self-cleansing....ie...blowing themselves up?????
-------------------------------

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Lavey2

-------------------------------------
Yes, I did. My question is very simple. You, however, have tried to derail ~your own~ thread with insults.....

[edit on 29-10-2009 by Signals]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Lavey2

Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine a timeline

Just a few notes and I promise, I won't label you as anything.

The conflict between the Jews and the Palestinians in what is called 'The Holy Land' has been going on far longer than this most recent incarnation of the Jewish state of Israel. It indeed goes back thousands of years, long before even the crusades. Today's conflict is merely an extension of that long nurtured animosity between these two peoples and both will work the greater sum of humanity, vis the media, playing their side to be the 'right' one.

In my opinion, this conflict will not end and the bloodbath cease until both sides desire both a peace and the chance at co-existence. Further, as long as both sides can reign in global opinion that they have a right to exist over the other, while at the same time killing the other, there will be no motive for both to sit down and work out a plan to end the struggle.

On the issue of Zionism and anti-zionists... from where I sit, it looks like nothing more than a new name hung on an old prejudice.

Personally, I want no part of either side's little propaganda war and have no interest in playing word games with those who have waded into this cesspool.

Best

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
well I rightfully remember a time where the jews were welcomed in and accepted into the palestinian society this could have flowered into a unified government. But instead the Zionists took control and gave the palestinians no political rights within Israel which means there can be no co-existing.

They keep the palestinians out of government, they arent allowed to vote either. They are treated as second grade citizens.

The zionsit doctrine basically means that there can never be a unified government of both islamic and jewish peoples in a single parliament voicing reasonable concerns and having equality.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by Lavey2

Yes, I did. My question is very simple. You, however, have tried to derail ~your own~ thread with insults.....

[edit on 29-10-2009 by Signals]

Again Signals I know for a fact you didnt read the article,
it is very hard to lie to me. Im not going into details on that one.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Lavey2

Everyone can vote in Israel. There are several Muslim Arabs in the Knesset.

If you're referring to people that live in the autonomous areas of Gaza and Judea/Samaria, they elect their own governments via the Palestinian Authority.

Please, for the good of everyone, stop lying?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
As for your propaganda article:

This is a sensationalist and sexed up summary of a book which has been widely discredited as pretty much fabricated by leading historians such as Benny Morris:

Unfortunately much of what Pappé tries to sell his readers is complete fabrication. [...] This book is awash with errors of a quantity and a quality that are not found in serious historiography. [...] The multiplicity of mistakes on each page is a product of both Pappé's historical methodology and his political proclivities[.] [...] For those enamored with subjectivity and in thrall to historical relativism, a fact is not a fact and accuracy is unattainable."[25]

Benny Morris is renowned as a historian with a critical view of Israel and Zionism.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
please I know you run to the defense of Israel, but just look at the facts of the ethnic cleansing, in fact one book in Israel which is taught in schools regarding history is even stated that they did do ethnic cleansing this was by cambraige universitiy.

I suggest you open your eyes to historical text books.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Lavey2

Historical text book my *rse.

In a review essay of The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine, Seth J. Frantzman calls Pappé's work "a cynical exercise in manipulating evidence to fit an implausible thesis." He writes that Pappé "ignores context and draws far broader conclusions than evidence allows by cherry-picking some reports and ignoring other sources entirely."[30]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lavey2
please I know you run to the defense of Israel, but just look at the facts of the ethnic cleansing, in fact one book in Israel which is taught in schools regarding history is even stated that they did do ethnic cleansing this was by cambraige universitiy.

I suggest you open your eyes to historical text books.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d44270e0b37.jpg[/atsimg]
-----------------
Good Day Sir.
-----------------

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
quit your trolling, can a mod please clean up this thread.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
There is no doubt about the fact that there is an ongoing Zionist effort to eliminate the Palestinian people.

This is all religious in nature, and religion is being used to enslave humans to engage in a cyclical culture of violence, death and destruction for the profit and ultimate control of the ruling classes.

While many well intnentioned and not so well intentioned on the various sides to this conflict actually believe what they believe, the truth is humans of all ethnicities and religions are being manipulated to wantonly hate and destroy each other for no good or valid reason.

No one side has the high ground, no one side has the low ground as all sides are engaged in the same self destructive and deadly behavior.

Justify it at your own risk. Rest assured somewhere sitting in someone's arsenal is a bullet, bomb, or disease with your name on it too.

Those who live by the sword die by the sword.

Solution: Everyone needs to put their swords away!

Partial Solution: Get Nerf Swords, harmless fun for the whole family and kids of all ages!

[edit on 29/10/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Lavey2

Did Palestinians accept the U.N. charter for their state? Nah. Have both sides committed violence? Yep. Which side for decades has deliberately targeted civilians? I think we know the answer. Which side includes lunatics who blow themselves up to commit mass murder? I think we know the answer to that too. Who cares about arguing about 1947? How about we talk about Palestinian terrorists, kidnappers, and mutilators (they castrated one of the athletes they murdered at the Munich Olympics), as well as the fact that one faction of Palestinians threw the other faction off of rooftops and hangs their fellow Palestinians from lamp posts for political disagreements? And you defend a society of lunatics and fanatics? That's chutzpah.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Actually, you're wrong. This is a nice self-justification used by Americans and Europeans to explain why they alternate between Apathy and blind, screaming support for everything Israel does.

This conflict starts, at the earliest in the late 1800's, when the Zionist movment first started. Even then, the main starting point of the conflict started in the 1930's when it was Jewish terrorists blowing up Arabs (and Britons) in an effort to drive them out. it was gang warfare from that point until 1947, when the countries that count - the US, Britain, and Russia - said "screw the ragheads" and created the current racist nationalist state of Israel on hte backs of hte Palestinians.

Prior to this period, Arab Muslims, Turkish Muslims, Hebrew Muslims, Arab Christians, Turkish Christians, Hebrew Christians, Arab Jews, Turkish Jews, European Jews, and Hebrew Jews had all been living in the area with about as much strife as you get in any civilized, densely populated area.

"These people have been fighting forever" would just be bad history, if it weren't constantly being ised as a smarmy justification for inaction.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Berens
reply to post by Lavey2

Did Palestinians accept the U.N. charter for their state? Nah.

Ever looked at that charter? Would you accept it? Here's something to consider - Had the Arabs accepted, they would have had to buy water. There were no sources of fresh water under their control under the UN charter - Israel would have them all.

Have you seen the legal buttkicking Alabama and Georgia have been giving each other over water resources? and neither state has any shortage of rivers, lakes, aquifers, and other sources of water. But give 'em a little drought and both states' troopers are damn near pointing guns at each other. Now imagine this in a place that is naturally arid, between two countries.

I can go into the demographics as well - 35% of the population being granted 65% of the territory, for instance. Or maybe about how the UN partition plan would have also handed the majority of fields - cultivated by generations by Palestinian Arabs - over to European immigrants with absolutely no recompense.

it was a bad deal, and the Arabs were trying to renegotiate, when Israel declared itself a nation. Naturally the Arabs were upset.

Have both sides committed violence? Yep. Which side for decades has deliberately targeted civilians? I think we know the answer.

Israel, actually. See, they have precision-guided missiles, a highly trained military force, American weaponry out hte wazoo, and hte best intelligence on the planet... yet htye still end up killing vast numbers of noncombatants. The palestinians shoot unguided rockets that, in the last five years, have caused a few cuts and some property damage

Which side includes lunatics who blow themselves up to commit mass murder? I think we know the answer to that too.

Well, the Palestinians do have the record on splodeydopes. But mass murder falls squarely into the Israel column.

Who cares about arguing about 1947? How about we talk about Palestinian terrorists, kidnappers, and mutilators (they castrated one of the athletes they murdered at the Munich Olympics), as well as the fact that one faction of Palestinians threw the other faction off of rooftops and hangs their fellow Palestinians from lamp posts for political disagreements? And you defend a society of lunatics and fanatics? That's chutzpah.

And were it not for the absolute crap deal handed to the Palestinians in 1947, and the subsequent international support for their ethnic cleansing, oppression, and massacre, would any of that come to pass, you think?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Hmmm. ethnic cleansing. Right.
So in 1947 there were 1.3 million Palestinian Arabs and 0.6 millions Palestinian Jews living in what will be Jewish state. Hmm. Why author included Gaza and West bank in Jewish state - i do not know. Maybe he is Zionist and even dreams of "great Israel" thing himself?
In what was defined by UN 1947 partition plan - only 407000 Arabs should remain in Jewish state. If it is Jewish state as result of 1948 war (one that was started since Arab side did not accept partition plan, mind you) - then why 1.3 million Palestinian Arab? After 1948 Israel did not conquer Gaza ,West bank, old city of Jerusalem.
1.3 million is total non-Jewish population of Palestine in 1947. On territories under Israeli control after 1948, could not have lived 1.3 million Palestinians in 1947. Because in Eastern Jerusalem ,West bank and Gaza alone lived more then 0.6 million Palestinians in 1947.
This is survey of 1947:
www.mideastweb.org...
This is map of West bank:
en.wikipedia.org...
Feel free to prove me wrong.
So as the result of Israeli vicious ethnic cleansing:
In 1947 there were 1.3 million Palestinian Arabs living in West bank, Gaza, Eastern Jerusalem and in what was to become Israel in 1948.
In 2009 there are 1.5 millions in Gaza. Plus 2.4 millions in West bank. plus 1.2 millions Israeli Arabs. All together - 5.1 million.
Kind of seems like population growth to me.
By the way, Jewish population of Israel grew to 5.4 millions. But it includes 3 million immigrants that arrived after 1948.
So Jewish population grew naturally (without immigration) from 700000 in 1947 to 2.4 millions in 2009. 340 percent increase.
Arab population grew from 1.3 to 5.1. 390 percent increase. Yeah. Ethnic cleansing indeed.
I do not say there were no Palestinian refugees. There were hundreds thousands of them. I do not say there were no cold blooded murders of Arab civilians by Jews. But there was no state intent to throw out all the Arabs. Check out statistics above.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Even then, the main starting point of the conflict started in the 1930's when it was Jewish terrorists blowing up Arabs (and Britons) in an effort to drive them out.

This is wrong. The starting point of conflict was 1929 riots and especially Hebron massacre. There was no Jewish terror until then. Even Haganah did not exist until 1929.
Edit:
Forgot to add - Jewish terror attacks started in 1938. After another riots by Palestinian Arabs.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

A few points.

First, look at your map. No, the one above your map. The one in red, blue, and green. See the red parts? those are what Israel took from the Arabs after declaring independence in 1947. Additionally, the Arabs living in the blue area - the jewish state - were for the most part driven out. This is called the Nakba, and is a historical fact.

And it is ethnic cleansing. You're trying to conflate ethnic cleansing with genocide - they're two different things.

Also, the map you chose to show, of the modern west bank, shows the continued theft of land and ongoing ethnic cleansing of those lands.

I award you no points.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join