It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Web Bot Bullocks, It is INCAPABLE of predicting ANYTHING

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

Ofcourse its garbage!

....its garbage because you dont use your imagination! Come onnn now! Just believe!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

If you have this data, then please, I want to know the CEO of this Web Bot, I want to know it's Facility it's housed in, what company owns it, and where is it's bloody website.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Friend, I base my outlook on the future through many ventures not just web bots. There is no need on your part to resort to child like argument faculties to make your point.

I understand your point of view that the web bots seem to be random hit and miss predictions by a computer program. Indeed they are at times but having followed the web bots for over a year now I have to say that every now and then it makes a prediction that can blow you away with its accuracy.

Please understand that most web bot enthusiasts look at the predictions with as much doubt if not more doubt than you hold for them. Holding this grudge against this type of prediction theory is out dated and ignorant on your part.
Understand I am not insulting you just pointing that out.

If I were to take your opinion and apply it to everything related to web bot like prediction:

The weather channel would be wrong.
Stock market prediction would be wrong.
Investment strategy would be wrong.
and so on...

Do realize that is a generalization and not ment for real world use.

You can find the webbots here: urbansurvival.com...
you can Email the CEO here: [email protected]

[edit on 10/29/2009 by Tentickles]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I have to agree with the OP here. Anyone who thinks a web bot (or anything else for that matter) is going to predict the future then you might as well accept that fact that you have been conned because you are weak minded.

You have to wonder about people who will alter their lives course because the modern day equivalent of the Wizard of Oz tells them to.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleObserver

How much research do you do? Obviously you can't provide a link to a legitimate company who owns this 'web bot'.

That site is a proxy, and in turn, completely lacks any credibility.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Well I'm glad to see that you don't fall into it's hypnosis, like that of which plagued the window of doom thread, I however, would rather listen to what credible members here have to say, and follow the news links and make my own conclusions which I suspect have been as accurate as this web bot.

I don't care WHAT it says, it can't predict something a month from now, unless it was stated by a human being that something in a month from now is going to happen, therefore, it's not predicting at all as I stated earlier, it reiterating.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
We are humans, and we are all capable of critical thinking, however, it's things like this that keep us far away from that desire.

Agreed. However, there are strategies that trump condemnation as tools of influence...

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Now youre just getting irrational.

If you had spent 10 minutes and read this you would know the web bot program isnt a web site. Its an actual program George Ure runs and you can not access it via internet.

Now Im done responding to this thread because I can see your mind is not open to new ideas and you just have a bone to pick with the web bots. Using ATS as a complaint board is something I dislike immensely.

[edit on 10/29/2009 by Tentickles]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Is this program open source? Because I'd like to let run on my computer for 24 hours and see what it finds.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Reply to post by Revolution-2012

No it's not.

You should go research it if you are going to pass judgement in a public way though.

It's basically a giant data mining program. A bit like how Google sends out bots to archive the web.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by muggl3z

That above, was a sly remark, I know it's not open source.

Therefore, something of which that is so powerful and make such grave theories, I believe it should either be open source, or illegal.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

I agree with you 100%. I didn't know much about Web Bot until a short while ago, so I read everything by them that I could find. To test their accuracy I decided to follow the predictions they made about this Summer and Fall. You yourself have seen the results. Nothing! Nada! Zilch! Not even close. Now, if so many predictions have failed in a few short months, how can you trust these agents of gloom. While listening to some of the interviews by these guys I realize their motive: to sell merchandise, specifically survivalist gear and supplies! That's their purpose. They are in the business of predicting their profits! Now talk about denying ignorance! All you fans will jump with joy when one of their predictions comes through, but will you consider the effect of chance? After all coincidence does occur in reality.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameneter

I know, isn't that nice?

Web bot says that on January 1st, Hitler's coming back with a legion of Nazi zombies!!! QUICK GET YOUR RATIONS AND TENTS!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

How much research do you do? Obviously you can't provide a link to a legitimate company who owns this 'web bot'. That site is a proxy, and in turn, completely lacks any credibility.

You asked for the site to the web bot and I gave it to you. That is the site, the only site, there is no company that owns the web bot, one or two guys own it and the third guy helps with it.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I have to agree with the OP that the "Web-Bot" is a crock. I think it has some potential. It might some day be able to make predictions. But right now it just isn't intelligent enough to do it.

This bot goes through various sites and newsgroups (and other sources, I guess), looking for various information. It compiles this information. Then a human has to interpret the information. So what you wind up with is a mass of vague text that gets interpreted by a huam being. That produces vague generalized predictions that are usually either completely incorrect, or just too vague to call it a hit.

I have seen a few posts where the Web-Bot supposedly made a prediction that came true. Assuming that's true, you have to ask how many other predictions did it also make, that turned out to be completely untrue? For all we know, the bot has hundreds of misses, for every hit. No one is going to post the misses, but without them posting the hits is useless.

I would love to see an experiment done, where there are two programs. One is like the Web-Bot, and the other just creates random packages of information that looks like what the Web-Bot creates. Then compare whether the bot does any better than pure chance. You'd probably have to have a human interpret both sets of data. I'd guess that you wouldn't find a whole lot of difference in the number of hits between them.

BTW, "Web-Bot" is kind of a bad name for this program. "Web-Bot" is a generic name for any program that moves around the Internet, gathering data. Sometimes these Web-Bots are called "spiders", because they creep along the web. Google's search program is a Web-Bot.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I'm glad people are starting to realize that the Webbot is a bunch of wubbish.

But I'm sure there will still be the ye ole faithful who will hunt like Elmer Fudd and never give up...shh! Be vewy, vewy quiet, me hunting wubbish, he-he-he-he...

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I was never big into the Web Bot thing to begin with, but did find it entertaining when I first learned of it. Which was about 6 months ago, or however long ago it was when it made it's last big predictions. I'm referring to the time when they released 4 parts and with held the 5th or something like that. THAT is what made me laugh and realize this was all a huge scam.

Why come out and tell everyone 4 parts to something, then say, "well we can't release the 5th part (unless you pay) because it's just that bad". "It's just to awful, and we don't know if we should release it or not". But if you went and purchased it you could get it.

That's how they marketed it. He said, that it would be the last time he reported anything from the web bot. He talked about closing it down and moving out of the country. Remember that?

By releasing 4 parts that were all bad gets them publicity. Then by saying the 5th part is just to awful is the marketing involved to get you hyped up to buy it. Of course him throwing in that part about this being the last time and him moving out of the country was suppose to be the "big" deal closer.

Now folks, honestly, if you had technology that actually could tell you what was truly going to happen in the future, even if it was a guess or high probablity, would you charge for it? Or delay getting that info out to people?

As a fellow human who cares about other fellow humans I would tell the world so they could prepare. I wouldn't charge for this info, nor would I delay getting this info out just for the sake of being able to get booked on radio or talk shows. I would want to save the planet.

So, the only reason for someone to delay this info, rather true or not, is for one reason and one reason only: Personal Gain. In it for the money. And there is nothing wrong with that. However you chose to make a living is your business and good luck with it. Just realize that when it comes to that, that person is going to have to keep pumping info out in order to make it. If your in the candy business, your going to have to sell more candy to survive. This is the "future predicting" business, so your going to have to predict things more and more often, if not, who's going to buy your prediction's if you have none to predict? So, to sell more predictions, you have to "make up" more predictions. Then when only 10% come true, well, sound's like it's time to get into another business because the jig is up.

I, personally KNOW, deep down inside there is nothing that exist to predict the future. Least not on this planet we live on. Even if something did, it still cannot be accurate enough to predict any event. Think about how many things that can happen to prevent the prediction.

So in order for something to predict a single event, such as a nuclear device going off, it can't just predict that. It has to also predict everything else. All the time we hear such a prediction and only think about the event itself. That would be, simply A bomb going off 2 years from now. Ok, but that's just the explosion. What about the other things involved? What if that person can't detonate said bomb? What if someone does something to him? Or someone does something to something else? And so on and so on. It's not just the explosion to take in consideration, but you'd have to be able to backtrack and predict ALL other incidients that could occur to prevent the original prediction. Everything would have to line up and be in place all at once. Meaning anything could stop the original prediction. So a further anylsis would be required to predict all the other pieces involved to the larger prediction puzzle.

So if the prediction device doesn't predict everything and only data mines one incident than it's not actually predicting anything and everything. All it takes is for one other incident not predicted to step in and defeat it's SOLE prediction.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

rev2012, you are looking foolish to those of us who have researched Clif High and George Ure.

Read up on what Clif High has developed then come back or better yet, start a new thread on how you think you could improve it.

I think Clif is on to something in his linguistic research but the webbot has taken on its own personality since he went on show like Jeff Rense and C2C. Now all CT think he is reading the future like Nostrodamus and expect 100% success.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
What I'm saying is this: Lets say a prediction states that a bomb will go off in a specific city. Ok, if it can predict that, than it can also predict WHO is going to set that bomb off. WHAT time of day it will go off to the second. WHERE that bomb will be. And so on and so on.

But it doesn't stop there. The prediction device would also have to predict everything that person that is going to set the bomb off would be doing. All the way to the point of detonation. It would also have to take into account what if someone on a bicycle just happens to hit that person right before he pushes a detonator. Then it would have to predict everything that person did before he wound up where he did on that bike. Then all the people in that person's life to where he got to that point. Then all those people and so on and so on.

If that device cannot predict ANY of that, than what good is it? How can we honestly call something like that reliable?

And why doesn't it predict GOOD THINGS? Can it predict a cure for aids? Cancer? The next 20 people to become millionaires? Why don't we ever hear GOOD NEWS from the web bot? WHy? Because BAD NEWS/SCARY NEWS sells. And sell's is what this is all about in the end. There always has to be an ends to the means. MONEY.

No such device is possible. The only thing you can do, and should do, is have a great perspective of the future. Always be prepared for what can happen. You don't have to know it. Every man and woman who is walking this earth and has ever walked this earth has never known the future, and doesn't need to. Our lives unfold before our eyes. Let nature takes it's course. Everyone knows messing with nature is a no no.

So, live everyday like it's your last, but it never hurts to be prepared. But after all, being prepared isn't living. It's just a precaution. Live and learn to excel. You start trying to live and know and a part of you dies. We were never meant to only live and know, but live and learn. Everyday teaches us something new. Always learn.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by venividivici

This is the thing, it's not Nostradamus, and it doesn't have conscious, it doesn't have the ability to predict, and it's a complete joke.

It is more than obvious to the rational human with a decent level of intelligence, that this is not something that is credible.

Nostradamus made predictions, some of which fit into some pretty interesting events, ~500 years ago. THAT is why Nostradamus is questioned and pleads forth SOME credibility.

This thing isn't the Bible Code, this thing is a computer code. And, the people who made it, you trust them and this piece of code to give you predictions? Pffffft.

Gullibility, and ignorance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join