It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Web Bot Bullocks, It is INCAPABLE of predicting ANYTHING

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

The Web Bot project was developed in the late 1990s mainly to predict the stock market ups and downs (Web bot and stock markets). How do they do it? It’s really simple in fact and it’s a very nice implementation of what search engines do. Web bots simply crawl the web the same way Google crawls it at regular intervals to catch new and existing web sites and detect relevant keywords.

www.dailycommonsense.com...

I, along with many other intelligible board members, are fed up with seeing the coin term web bot thrown around like it's a loaded gun, it is in fact, none of the less.

All the web bot does , is make guesses, loosely based on political events and more than likely extremest websites that throw around terms like, nuke, terrorist, war, etc.

This web bot, along with the REST of the media, is a perfect, in fact, immaculate example of how well trained, contained, and dumbed down the masses of this population are, WORLD WIDE!

For these people who love the apocalyptic scenarios, doom-and-gloom scenarios, etc, you're telling me that you are going to entrust in a program thrown together by a few people that are bored, and are only making money off people like you that keep the interest in these programs???????

Are you so gullible, so ignorant, to allow a newscaster alone, a web-bot alone, to tell you what is in store for your day? Your tomorrow? Your next month, year, century?

I don't care if Jesus steps down from the thrown and says the DOW is going to raise 9000 points tomorrow, and that Apples stocks will be at +500%, I will take it into my own consideration, analyze, consort the facts, and deconstruct intelligently how I feel about a given situation.

If you are really so easy to be manipulated by mass media, extremists and some stupid compilation of searching scripts, then you are only handing over your intellect and beliefs to the ones you hate so very much.

AMEN.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I find your post ignorant and close minded.

Of course the web bots make "guesses" that's what prediction is all about.

Please go research the web bots more before you go throwing them out the window like some third rate pizza.

I thought ATS' motto was Deny Ignorance not Harbor Resentment.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Reply to post by Revolution-2012

Do you feel better now? lol

As for the 'web bots'...
I knew after I heard those guys on C2C with George Knapp soon everyone would be running with their predictions. It's an interesting concept that is based in the thinking we are all slightly intuitive. A notion I agree with.

However, I have a hard time believing they could really make much sense of their data!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

"IT" is not guessing ANYTHING

"IT" does not have intelligence.

"IT" does not have consciousness.

"IT" scans the internet for media, terms, recent events and COMPILES them into SERIES of PLAUSIBLE events.

Web bots, are COMPLETELY INCAPABLE OF GUESSING, PREDICTING, OR ANYTHING ELSE.

If I were to have a website, that was highly credible, had alot of views everyday, then copied one million times, and each copied site was just as credible, and had just as many views everyday, on different DNS servers, with SLIGHTLY different META TAGS and TITLES, I could make 100% PLAUSIBLE prediction according to the web bot, given the data contained on my million websites.

Therefore, if I said that Teletubbies we're going to take over the world and become the NWO, that web bot would reiterate that in it's "PREDICTION"

Theres PLENTY of DOOM AND GLOOM scenarios floating around the web, enough on this site alone, to make web bots "PREDICT" a nuclear holocaust or a AIDS cross contaminated with H1N1 virus was going to kill everyone on the planet TOMORROW.

Now, I am a computer technician, I know alot about computers, and this "WEB BOT" is less credible than CNN, Prophet Yahweh could probably make Houdini come back to life before this web bot would predict something efficiently, this web bot does COLD READING and USELESS PREDICTIONS. YES It's going to get something right when it explains 5 billion different scenarios that could happen.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by muggl3z

Unfortunately C2C is greatly known for letting anyone on their website, if the website had a AI built into it like Cleverbot, they'd probably let it talk on C2C.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Reply to post by Revolution-2012

Coast to Coast AM is a vast market place of ideas and blasphemy.

That's why I love it.

The only problem is some folks lack critical thinking skills and discernment as to what is true.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by muggl3z

Exactly.

Does anyone know the actualy website, or facility this WEB BOT is held in? If it's making these predictions, why doesn't it have it's own website you can log onto and see what it's doing.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I agree with the premise of the Op. Web bot predictions are for the most part, nonsensical.

Where's that major event that was meant to happen this month? WHERE? Oh.. that's right.. it didn't happen! However the web bot worshipers on this forum will conveniently forget all about that and simply move on to the next 'prediction' - "Ohh'ing & "Ahh'ing" about it like mystified children... calling those who don't believe "ignorant". Honestly, you have to laugh!

Those guys that created the 'technology' suggest the web bot works on the premise that people are 'intuitive'. Well... how about the premise that people can also be paranoid, delusional, hysterical and fundamentally silly?

For me the premise is simple... "rubbish in = rubbish out". If enough people on the web started talking about an invasion of purple elephants, the web bot would make a prediction about that too.

Flame Away!

IRM

[edit on 28/10/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Web Bot is a waste of time, and so is Coast to Coast.

Coast to Coast has been predicting a "disclosure" for over a year now, and it never happens. They always use an excuse such as "the powers that be" didn't allow it to happen. You think? Obviously, they'll never allow it to happen unless they are removed from their positions.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Actually it did happen it just went unnoticed by a ton of people.

In truth it's happening right now this very second.

It has been coming for over a month now and you can just begin to see the truth of it all over the web.

It = Another Financial Mess

If you want to see IT yourself just head over to any financial website, yahoo finance or market watch and read through the articles. Youll see bits and pieces for information that will jump out at you and make you go "WTF!"

I personally love this one here: Click me

Or this one here: Click me

Oh and this one: Youll love it and hate it at the same time. Click me

[edit on 10/29/2009 by Tentickles]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

The web bot page is here,

halfpasthuman.com...

Free reports can be found here,

www.urbansurvival.com...

How much research did you even do on this topic?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Erm...so there it is.

It may not be accurate but we still have a predictions forum on this site. What's wrong with trying a different strategy for prediction?

Making money off of it...well, there I may agree with your gripe...

Two Cents...

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Reply to post by Emerald The Paradigm

Coast to Coast AM predicts nothing. The show is a forum for ideas, like ATS.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

THIS is what I call searching for excuses.

I'm going to tell you, the ECONOMY OF AMERICA, WILL NOT GET ANY BETTER IN THIS NEW YEAR, AND IT WILL HAPPEN. IN FACT, IT'LL PROBABLY GET ALOT WORSE. OBAMAS SUPPOSEDLY PASSING ANOTHER BAILOUT, IS THAT GOING TO GIVE ME OR YOU A JOB? NO.

How's that?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Seriously friend stop being so condescending.

I am just stating my opinion.

I am not attacking you personally in any way.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I think as in my first post MS, that it's a display of the gullibility of the human consensus.

I believe if you're more willing to listen to a news caster, let alone a bloody series of scripts that make useless and outrageous and down right retarded predictions, you might as well as just be another sheep.

We are humans, and we are all capable of critical thinking, however, it's things like this that keep us far away from that desire.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I think the exasperation with WebBot forecasts has very little to do with the notion that it attempts to make loose predictions based on keyword searches, it's the fact that a fair number of folks on ATS incessantly try to make said predictions sound like prophecy. It's a bit annoying when you consistently have people telling you to hoard gold, non-perishable foodstuffs and ammunition because the end is nigh - and they use a computer program that is historically wrong as their source.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
You are very correct Rev

It isnt intelligent, it just takes key words and analyses the number of that key word to predict the probability of an event. It was used in the stock market this way...yet people thinks its some kind of magical oracle predictin the future...funny how you never see how often it is wrong eh, lol

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

It is wrong 48% of the time.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I'm trying to make a point, and I wish I could respect your position but I just can't respect someones outlook on what tomorrow will hold when they loosely or even praise what someone else tells them will happen. If it is not something that has a 99% probability of happening, then it's probably just a opinion.

I can't change you, or anyone else, and I wouldn't want to do so directly, but indirectly if people can read what I and others have wrote, and make a intelligent hypothesis on it, and question themselves, Good Job.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join