It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Larry David Blasted for 'Curb' Episode Where He Urinates on Jesus Painting

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I suppose that means Catholics can piss on the Wailing Wall?

That would be pretty funny too - huh?

I'm actually a big fan of Larry, but that scene was beyond bad taste.
Furthermore it feeds Antisemitism, and the suggestion that Hollywood Jews go to extremes to mock Christianity.
He does mock everybody, but in this scene he went too far.
I mean if we're going to be iconoclastic, let's go the whole hog and start WW III by pissing on the Temple Wall.
No?
I didn't think so - so don't piss on an icon of Jesus!
edit on 13-8-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

More like he pissed on a portrait of Caesar Borgia...

But who cares in the painting though right? or wait... no?

Golden Showers ahead?

edit on 13-8-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Well, if it was one of the younger Borgias from the new TV series, I wouldn't mind if the painting splashed me back.

But alas, it was Jesus.
Not only that, but they mistook Larry's urine for a miraculous tear.
That's just disrespectful.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Yea look upon me and know me.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by stevcolx

Oh, no, his historical existence is fact, just like Julius Caesar or Josephus is never questioned to have existed. The contention comes in with is he who he claimed to be.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Wow is that you?
Not a bad photo!

I thought you were black, like Jesus, and the Egyptians and the Jews.

Oh...let's just not go there.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Indignation is too much effort, although I probably should have that reaction.

1. There's never been an accurate depiction of Jesus. Christ was not white-white, nor was he black. He would still fit in with the Arabs. The Jews who live in Israel are Jews who interbred with the Europeans (yes, I know some are interbred with Africans), so they are far more shifted from their original nationality look.

2. I'm just as bothered with a picture of Christ as I am with someone peeing on it. If we keep insisting on making Him a God-in-a-box, we're no different than any other shrine obsesed religion. He lives in your heart, not a damn picture.

3. Pissing on any religion is asking for a holy war, period. Thankfully, most modern Christians tend towards pacifism. Or is it complacency? Hard to tell until war is on their doorsteps.

4. Muslims in this country tend to be those who fled from the insanity in thir homelands. They keep their heads down. The terrorist groups tend to do their converting campaigns in the uneducated, unafiliated poor--you go where people are disatisfied. (Although almost all faiths are reaching out to that community, in hopes of helping them out of their situation, so there's no real telling.) I do not fear this generation. It's the next 3-4 I'm more worried about. Other than Latin Christians (generally Catholic) and a few other odd groups of people, Muslims are generally breeders. They have large families; that's their culture. When the population is large enough to be the dominant faith in society, and people are further removed from the fear that brought them here, we're going to have the chance for a problem. Notice I said chance. Atheists who fear Christian influence in society will have a new faith to fear here. We will eventually have a problem. And I don't know where the good ones will flee to get away from the crazy ones when it comes. After all, that was their solution once before.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
It is truly sad. And what's worse, the many on here laughing about it.
Others couldn't be more right, some of you will only understand what's coming when you can see it.
And by then, it will be too late for you.

Jesus Christ will return.
And your comments above will be put back to you in judgement.
I suspect every last one of them.
The dark on here know that, sorry that others of you do not.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
Next, I don't think David would get away with pissing on Mohammed's painting.

Either would whoever painted it.

Disrespectful to say the least. Making people angry to get ratings, I assume.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
what happened to that bit about no idol worship?

yet you all serious about your religious icons

the muslims sort of solved that issue and stayed true to the teachings.

jews aswell.

its seems that only christians and catholics stress over your official merchandising items

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Most of the Protestant movements have as serious mad-on about iconography. Catholics and those factions that are closest to them are the ones with the iconography.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

The Shi'itte Muslims in Iran do have icons, so do many other faiths (Greek Orthodox, Hindu and other Eastern faiths). However, you can buy reproductions of those icons for a pittance. The frame will cost you more.
In fact, you can print them out for free from your computer.

The Christian evangelicals have an enormous mass market for merchandise, and they have no icons.
I'm not sure how they manage that, but they do. I guess it's books and CD's and DVD's, and millions of variations on the same boring stuff that ends up collecting dust.

Now in some Eastern religions urine is a holy substance, so they would have no problem drinking or splashing about urine from a cow or a healthy, vegetarian person.

The Jews? Well, I'd rather not quote the Old Testament...
The American evangelicals send them money in any case.
So I suppose they can take the piss.

edit on 13-8-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I urinated on a 100 ft stone cross once, whats the worst that could happen? God is fake after all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join